Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Angels Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angels Offseason

All right, so I played Dodger GM, now it's time to take Bill Stoneman's job. I don't know if any of you even care about the Angels, but here goes:

I think the Angels have a little more to work with than the Dodgers do, so I think I could make them into an almost guaranteed title contender. First thing I'd do is offer Jose Guillen, Jarrod Washburn, and David Eckstein to the Diamondbacks for Randy Johnson. My guess is that would be enough, but if push came to shove and they didn't want Wash, then I'd offer either Ervin Santana or Bobby Jenks, whichever they wanted. The signing of Jared Weaver would make up for that loss. Next on the to-do list is signing Edgar Renteria or Nomar Garciaparra to play shortstop. Edgar is option number one. Nomar is number two and could probably be had for less at this point. Troy Glaus also needs to be resigned.

They'd need a number five starter at this point, and there are so many available I don't even know who'd I'd go after. I'm thinking that either Russ Ortiz or Matt Morris would probably come at well below what they're worth if they can produce the way they have in past years. Morris would be my first choice, but either would be fine at the back of the rotation. I'd really like to get Derek Lowe after the postseason he just had, but Randy Johnson and Derek Lowe might be asking a bit much. I'd promote Ervin Santana or Bobby Jenks to come out of the bullpen as the longman, basically taking Kevin Gregg's spot, moving Gregg into Scot Shields' spot, then making Shields and Donnelly the primary setup men and K-Rod the new closer. I'd like to keep Percival, but some team like the Giants or Cubs will probably offer him way more, so why even bother at this point?

The remaining roster moves would be to move Glaus to first base, make McPherson the everyday third baseman, then move Erstad back to center and Garret Anderson to left, and pick up the option on Bengie Molina. If the Dodgers don't resign him, I'd like to pick up Jose Hernandez as a utility infielder until Adam Kennedy is healthy. The lineup and rotation would look like this (along with ideal production):

CF: Darin Erstad (.312, 16 HR, 82 RBI)
    1B: Troy Glaus (.288, 45 HR, 105 RBI)
    RF: Vlad Guerrero (.334, 38 HR, 134 RBI)
    LF: Garret Anderson (.318, 28 HR, 125 RBI)
    SS: Edgar Renteria (.292, 25 HR, 95 RBI)
    C: Bengie Molina (.278, 18 HR, 81 RBI)
    DH: Jeff DaVanon (.298, 21 HR, 74 RBI)
    3B: Dallas McPherson (.272, 38 HR, 84 RBI)
    2B: Chone Figgins (.305, 5 HR, 64 RBI)

1. Randy Johnson (21-5, 2.89 ERA)
    2. Bartolo Colon (18-10, 3.55 ERA)
    3. Kelvim Escobar (17-8, 3.48 ERA)
    4. John Lackey (14-9, 4.15 ERA)
    5. Matt Morris (14-10, 4.30 ERA)

Key reserves:

Casey Kotchman
    Jose Molina
    Adam Riggs
    Tim Salmon
    Jose Hernandez

Bullpen:

Ervin Santana
    Kevin Gregg
    Scot Shields
    Brendan Donnelly
    Francisco Rodriguez

Well, looks like the Angels aren't resigning either Glaus or Percival. They likely will trade Guillen, probably move Garret back to left, and go after Carlos Beltran. That's the word on the street, anyway.

Comment

There is no way that they can afford Beltran and the word is that the Big Unit is on his way to the Yankees.(Christ I hate that team.). Btw, LA has some idiots running that place when they give Beltre away like that.

Comment

someone has put marijuana in the dodgers office heater

Comment

Originally posted by Forensick
          There is no way that they can afford Beltran and the word is that the Big Unit is on his way to the Yankees.(Christ I hate that team.). Btw, LA has some idiots running that place when they give Beltre away like that.
          Well, that's what they were saying they wanted to do at the time, but obviously the Steve Finley signing ended that, probably signalling they want a starting pitcher. They're in the running for Matt Clement, and if they don't get him, Derek Lowe and Eric Milton are still available. Their lineup will have some question marks. If McPherson is major-league ready and GA returns to form, they have a chance to be a great offensive team. Erstad started to step it up last September and I still think Chone Figgins can only get better. They'll be sitting pretty for the rest of the decade with all the great prospects they have. All they really need is pitching.

Comment

If I was them, I would stay away from Derek Lowe. I dont care how well the guy did in the latter half of the AL East and the World Series. When it comes to Chone Figgins the guy didnt show me very much in the playoffs, I mean...how many times can one guy make so many errors in a game? All in all I would rather see the Angels win than the Dodgers. At least the Angels are willing to spend money to have a contender and NOT MAKE IDIOTIC TRADES!

Comment

No kidding. I'm prepared to just become a full-time Angel plan at this point. I doubt they'll spring for Lowe. Boras is asking for the barn to sign him, all because he had one good month after two xxxxty years. Eric Milton is probably the best pitcher still available. I get the feeling the Angels will sit the rest of the winter, unless something they can't pass up comes their way. They have a pretty damn good team as it is, and the A's just got significantly weaker.

The Dodgers, on the other hand. What the hell is Depo doing? They're gonna end up with Jose Valentin, Jeff Kent, and J.D. Drew in the middle of the lineup, and as it stands, they don't have any starting pitchers. Supposedly the deal for the unit now has them shipping Ishii to the Yanks, so when it goes down, they'll be left with Vasquez and Weaver. It wouldn't surprise me at this point if they throw Jackson and Billingsley into the rotation. They're putting together the best AAA team in the history of baseball.

I wouldn't worry about Figgy. His infield defense is a little suspect, but the man plays his ass off, sparked the lineup all year, and that was the first time he'd ever played a 162 game schedule. It seemed to me like he just got tired toward the end of the season. He'll do better at 2nd this year. The ball doesn't come up on you quite as fast, plus it's his natural position. Then again, McPherson might be an even bigger question mark at third. The good thing about the Angels is that all their pitchers are fly-ball pitchers, and their outfield got a lot better with Finley, the reigning NL gold glove.

Comment

I think youre right about the Angels, they should just stick with what they have and hope that injuries dont kill them again. That team is solid and should go a long way.

The Dodgers....what can I say? They signed my most hated player of all time, Jeff "I look like a child molester with this mustache" Kent. I hate the guy. I hate the Dodgers. I hope nothing good ever happens for that team.

Haha....and if youre wondering....yes, I am a Barry Bonds fanboy.

And one more thing....I, a person who was a die hard A's fan and loved the Bash Brothers, Eckersley, Honeycut, Henderson and the rest of that kick ass team will never watch or route for the A's after they gave away Hudson. I cant watch my fav team of all time just get destroyed year in and year out anymore.
                Last edited by Forensick; 12-19-2004, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X