Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian soccer team won today!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bezjian
    # of turkish players to win a world cup: 0
    # of armenian players to win a world cup: 2 - djorkaeff and boghosyan (w/france in '98).

how is turkey in chess? you have an extra 67 million people.

Chess is more of an intelectual game (duh!), well...I'm not saying Turks are not smart, but history shows they're more proficient when physical strength is a factor. You be be the judge.

Number of Turkish players to win Chess World Championship = 0
    Number of Armenian World Champs 2 = Petrosian, Kasparov (His mom's Armenian)

This is kind of fun --> Number of Turkish Oscar Winners = 0 Armenians = 1 (Cher)

Number of Turkish NCAA Coaches to win Championship Turks= 0 Armenians = 2 (Tarkanian, Parsigian)

Hmm, yes. I think I'm going to write a book on this.

Comment

The Armenian under 19 team is just about set to qualify for the finals of the UEFA U19 championship. Thus far they have drawn with Italy and beaten Belgium. Their next game is against Hungary on Tuesday, the weakest team in the group, they should be an easy game. As long as we beat them and Belgium manages to hold italy to a draw or beat them we will have qualified for the finals. This is quite an achievement and will bring a lot of attention to our youngsters and the sport in general in Armenia. Lots of scouting to come hopefully.

Comment

From what i know ,Kasparov's mother is Armenian.His father was a russian jew.
        Kasparov's consiousness is Armenian for sure ,since his father died from some protests from Azeris , i think, when he was 6 ,and he was then raised by his mother..
        Kasparov's last name is his mother's's last name, which has been russified ,Kasparian.

Comment

Armenia 5-1 Hungary

Armenia 5-1 Hungary

Wow!

The teams that now move on are England, Sweden, Germany, Czech Republic, France, Spain, Armenia, Belgium, Greece, Scotland, Norway, Ukraine, Serbia & Mont., and Poland. These are the big boys (btw, where is Turkey, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Netherlands, Italy, Russia, Portugal?!). This is by far the best result Armenia have had in any international competition ever. They have a weak league, hardly any money, and a population less than 3 million. They don't even have a proper website for information about the national teams. Incredible.

Comment

www.xtratime.org is the proper site as of now bro. We have a big Armenian community there and lots of info about armenian soccer. So come by post a big, its a great community with any info you need, i dont know what i would do without it.

Todays result was beautiful and proved the strenght of our team. This is the first international final Armenia has qualified for EVER. And as uefa.com put it, we did it in a "devastating fashion". Edgar Manucharian the star striker from AFC Ajax scored 4 goals and Artak Oseyan added the 5th to seal the deal.

I honestly think we have a very good shot at the trophy now. Our team is great. We drew Italy, one of the biggest names in soccer, beat Belgium, another very strong team and completely devastated Hungary.

I am in complete joy and am very happy and expectant for progress this signals and the doors this result opens for Armenian football.

Comment

Originally posted by bezjian
              # of turkish players to win a world cup: 0
              # of armenian players to win a world cup: 2 - djorkaeff and boghosyan (w/france in '98).

and let's remember the reason why turkey is a nation of 70 million and armenia is one with less than 3 million.

did you know it was armenians that brought the sport of football/soccer into istanbul during the ottoman period, because it was seen as anti-islamic in the beginning? armenians are the reason why there is soccer in turkey!

how is turkey in chess? you have an extra 67 million people.
              If Armenians brought soccer to Turkey, thwy did a very good job. No problem with it.
              Of couse Armenia is better at chess because of the Russian school. So what?

Comment

sad times for armenia soccer couple years back rank 80 now i wopping 116 but then again they mean xxxx we just got a new coach hopefully something to look forward too

iam just sick of only seeing us beat andorra

turkey to me is about the 10 -15th best

Comment

WORLD RANKİNGS
                  Turkey:14
                  Armenia:121

WORLD CUP PRELİMİNARY
                  Turkey: Win:4 Draw:4 Lose:1 GF:19 GA:7 Pts:16

Armenia: Win:1 Draw:1 Lose:7 GF:5 GA:20 Pts:4

Eğitim şart

Comment

Anyone know the last name of Gunner14's avatar girl?

Comment

Originally posted by ddd
                      Anyone know the last name of Gunner14's avatar girl?
                      Lusine Tovmasyan

Comment

Working...
                      X