Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Entertainment FOrum

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entertainment FOrum

I was thinking, maybe we can change the name of the Music forum to "Entertainment" forum, or maybe "Music/Movies" forum? I just find it odd that we don't have a movies forum... I usually end up talking about it in General, which isn't really the right place for it. I know, and arguement cna be made that there isn't much talk about movies or television on this board anyway, but maybe it's because there is no Movie forum? I'd really like so see one.
    "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
    I usually end up talking about it in General, which isn't really the right place for it.
    To this I say, "So what?" and "Why not?"

Comment

If we go through General Talk and pick out all the subjects we would have all sorts of forums, all with minimal activity.

Internet Forum
      Health Forum
      Writing/Literature Forum
      Religion Forum
      U.S. Politics Forum
      etc. etc. etc.

Who cares? Making new forums is not going to make the site easier to use or more enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by dusken
        If we go through General Talk and pick out all the subjects we would have all sorts of forums, all with minimal activity.

Internet Forum
        Health Forum
        Writing/Literature Forum
        Religion Forum
        U.S. Politics Forum
        etc. etc. etc.

Who cares? Making new forums is not going to make the site easier to use or more enjoyable.
        Well, people tend to talk more about movies rather than Health, so I don't really see why you made THAT comparrison. Also, if we have a Music forum it's kind of silly not to have a Movie forum since they're both equally as pop-cultural. Personally I wouldn't mind just having an Entertainment forum that covers Music, Movies, T.V., Books and whatever else people want to talk about that has to do with entertainment. As for "Who cares?" obviously me and not you. as for 'easier,' it's not meant to make it easier (nor would it make it harder), it's just meant to broaden the range of topics... as for 'enjoyable,' I'd enjoy it and I'm sure others would too.
        Last edited by HyeJinx1984; 07-13-2004, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Well, people tend to talk more about movies rather than Health, so I don't really see why you made THAT comparrison. Also, if we have a Music forum it's kind of silly not to have a Movie forum since their equally as pop-cultural. Personally I wouldn't mind just having an Etertainment forum that covers Music, Movies, T.V., Books and whatever else people want to talk about that has to do with entertainment. As for "Who cares?" obviously me and not you. as for 'easier,' it's not meant to make it easier, it's meant to broaden the range of topics, as for 'enjoyable,' I'd enjoy it and I'm sure others would too.

The whole idea of a General Talk is so you would not have all of those forums and avoid the "this belongs in the other forum, that belongs in that forum" nonsense. Broaden the range of topics? It is not going to change the content in anyway. These comments just snowball the movement of people to constantly make suggestions that would not necessarily improve the forum in anyway.

As for "Who cares?" obviously me and not you.
          Yea, and I would like an entire Satanism forum. So what?

Comment

Then by default we should get rid of the Music forum as well. That's about as general as movies I'd say.

But I know I know, Armenians love to dance and listen to music, we're not really "movie people" I know... I'll leave it alone.

And there's no reason for sarcasm and snide remarks. I had an idea, I thought I'd share with the people in charge of the site. I don't know why you're being so antagonistic.

Comment

Then by default we should get rid of the Music forum as well. That's about as general as movies I'd say.

But I know I know, Armenians love to dance and listen to music, we're not really "movie people" I know... I'll leave it alone.
              I was not going to say that. If it works, you do not need to fix it. That is what I am saying.

Comment

Originally posted by dusken
                I was not going to say that. If it works, you do not need to fix it. That is what I am saying.
                There's a difference between "fixing" and improving upon. Again, this is just my personal opinion, I'm not forcing anyone to change it, but at the same time I don't think my points are completely invalid and should not just be considered stupid and unecessary as you seem to be acting. All I'm saying is, again, in my opinion, Movies, T.V. and Music kinda all go together, so it seems really really weird that there's a forum for Music (when that could also just be in "general talk") and not for the other two. Not that I want to add a bunch of new forums, I'm just saying I feel it would be good to change the music forum to an Entertainment forum, but if the site's administrators don't like that idea that's fine too. I just don't want to be considered a babbling idiot for not knowing what I'm talking about just because someone doesn't agree with me. It's easy to prove your point when you make the other person seem as wrong as can be, rather than saying the'ye both good ways to go about it but the majority has preference of one way over the other.
                Last edited by HyeJinx1984; 07-13-2004, 10:26 AM.

Comment

I am not trying to make you seem like an idiot (regardless of what I think about you). My point is that it does not matter and entertaining "forum suggestions" is just going to make people want to suggest them more often even if they would not improve the site.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with entertaining suggestions, CLosing off your mind to any changes is the opposite of progress... but... you're not a moderator or an administrator, are you? I'll wait and see what they say.

Comment

Working...
                    X