Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Whoa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nunechka
    in a way i am glad that was closed... its ok... and winoman its only the retarded that think you were insulting them...
    Yes i do agree that we weren't getting anywhere. I think your position and mine were essentially the same - that (gross) racial distinctions are not recognized in science - that the genetic and related evidence points to a diffusion of underlying traits that defies such categorization. Additionally it was comments lifted from their own racists sites that spoke to differences among nations etc of considering who is "white" and who is "black". Now one may think it absurd to question if someone who seems Negroid/African (or what have you) on the outside is "black" or not - well sure - we are imposing a value judgement based on a particualr set of visual qualifiers - OK. But if you examined his genetic you might just be surprised at his composition - perhaps he does have some German ancestors or what not - you just don't know...just as an example. And then you have someone from India - black as coal - but they might be categorized as Caucasian - for other reasons...and then Armenians - we are very obviously a mix...like it or not....no purebloods here (our opponents must root for Malfoy to win in the harry Potter books/movies I imagine...because he is they...damn mudbloods!)

And to get so wrapped up in "I'm white" - as if it really means anything it all - it doesn't. Even to say we are European? Well I dispute this - but again - so what? (and its just not true besides...). We are Armenian (primarily). And its our culture not our specific genetics that matter.

Additionally - once again - I see that those who get so caught up in this racial thing - well deny it all they want - but its basically wanting to be grouped in a category that they feel is the "superior" one. And ultimatly I find this sort of thinking to be an insult to our ancesstors (and all other peoples) who suffered so much from those who believed such...

Comment

Just because you guys "weren't getting anywhere" is no reason to be glad that the thread was closed. If you didnt enjoy it you could have not participated.

If I had evidence that Armenians were black then I would argue that we are black. By pointing out that our origin is Aryan and European I am only hoping to let everyone know the truth. I have no desire to "associate" myself with a certain superior race. I think that the group we belong to is superior. If we were from Africa then that would be African, etc.

Talking about our "culture" does our ancestors no good either, since that culture is so hugely influenced by others (forcefully more than naturally). You associate Asiatic and Semitic things with "Armenian culture" all you want. Dont make an attempt to learn what we were like before all the take overs. Id love to ask our true ancestors which one of us is "insulting" them.

Comment

I absolutely did not say I was gald the thread was closed - please read my last 2 posts. I said that I agreed that the "discussion" was getting nowhere.

Aryan is not really a category that holds up I'm sorry to say (and I imagine your/our? claim might be disputed by many who view themselves as such...not that their version is any more legitimate to one that includes us...in the end it really means little.

And we are decidedly not European. If what you are saying is that proto-Armenians (some/all?) came out of someplace in Europe - well the support for this is inconclusive (and has been increasingly doubted). At one time this was the prevailing opinion - that we were decended from Phrygians or such. Now this is disputed. Anyway - the people known as Armenians seem to have constituted themselves in Anatolia (an Asian subcontinent) and seem to have been comprised of several groups who once were likley part of the Hittite Empire (again a group who existed in Anatoilia...an Asian sub-continent). etc

Comment

Originally posted by winoman
          I absolutely did not say I was gald the thread was closed - please read my last 2 posts. I said that I agreed that the "discussion" was getting nowhere.

Aryan is not really a category that holds up I'm sorry to say (and I imagine your/our? claim might be disputed by many who view themselves as such...not that their version is any more legitimate to one that includes us...in the end it really means little.

And we are decidedly not European. If what you are saying is that proto-Armenians (some/all?) came out of someplace in Europe - well the support for this is inconclusive (and has been increasingly doubted). At one time this was the prevailing opinion - that we were decended from Phrygians or such. Now this is disputed. Anyway - the people known as Armenians seem to have constituted themselves in Anatolia (an Asian subcontinent) and seem to have been comprised of several groups who once were likley part of the Hittite Empire (again a group who existed in Anatoilia...an Asian sub-continent). etc
          And I absoluetely did not say that you said that. The comment was towards Nune since SHE DID. Read everyone's posts carefully

Comment

I didnt open this so you whiny people could come here and argue about us being mixed again. Dont start this bs here, go tell the mod to open the other one and talk in there about it. Like i said again, you hold your views, I along with a majority of Armenians here and Armenians in general would think your words are insults and disgusting, so there you go, like i said, claim what you want to, go find Armeinans that think like you and form your own nation, because i dont want to be associated with people who call their nation something akin to arabs.

Comment

Tigran please don't claim to speak for all or even most Armenians - it just isn't so - and if word gets out others may think we're stupid...

And OK ArmoBarbi...I hear ya...

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian
                I didnt open this so you whiny people could come here and argue about us being mixed again. Dont start this bs here, go tell the mod to open the other one and talk in there about it. Like i said again, you hold your views, I along with a majority of Armenians here and Armenians in general would think your words are insults and disgusting, so there you go, like i said, claim what you want to, go find Armeinans that think like you and form your own nation, because i dont want to be associated with people who call their nation something akin to arabs.

Calm down We are not Arabs, and wont be no matter what anyone says.

Comment

Tigran please don't claim to speak for all or even most Armenians - it just isn't so - and if word gets out others may think we're stupid...

And OK ArmoBarbi...I hear ya...
                  It seems like your futile attempt at wit went straight down the drain, keep practicing.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmoBarbi
                    Calm down We are not Arabs, and wont be no matter what anyone says.
                    Well if it was up to winoman and nunechka we wouldnt be classified as much different. Semites he said, meaning jews and arabs.

Comment

Yes i do agree that we weren't getting anywhere. I think your position and mine were essentially the same - that (gross) racial distinctions are not recognized in science - that the genetic and related evidence points to a diffusion of underlying traits that defies such categorization. Additionally it was comments lifted from their own racists sites that spoke to differences among nations etc of considering who is "white" and who is "black". Now one may think it absurd to question if someone who seems Negroid/African (or what have you) on the outside is "black" or not - well sure - we are imposing a value judgement based on a particualr set of visual qualifiers - OK. But if you examined his genetic you might just be surprised at his composition - perhaps he does have some German ancestors or what not - you just don't know...just as an example. And then you have someone from India - black as coal - but they might be categorized as Caucasian - for other reasons...and then Armenians - we are very obviously a mix...like it or not....no purebloods here (our opponents must root for Malfoy to win in the harry Potter books/movies I imagine...because he is they...damn mudbloods!)

And to get so wrapped up in "I'm white" - as if it really means anything it all - it doesn't. Even to say we are European? Well I dispute this - but again - so what? (and its just not true besides...). We are Armenian (primarily). And its our culture not our specific genetics that matter.

Additionally - once again - I see that those who get so caught up in this racial thing - well deny it all they want - but its basically wanting to be grouped in a category that they feel is the "superior" one. And ultimatly I find this sort of thinking to be an insult to our ancesstors (and all other peoples) who suffered so much from those who believed such...

please enough with the race argument. you know there was a reason your last thread like this was closed.

Comment

Working...
                      X