Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Some Banned Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Banned Users

Why was the user Anahita* and Sip banned? As far as I'm aware they did not use vulgar language so you better come up with a reasonable explanation.

*OK, she might have been a nihilist(?) and irritiating but everyone should have his/her perspective.

Re: Some Banned Users

I'm not permanently banned. I was temporarily suspended a couple of days probably for making fun of others and insulting them. Thanks for the concern though
    Last edited by Sip; 08-25-2006, 10:46 AM.
    this post = teh win.

Comment

My first instinct was to remove this thread and send you a private message, but I will say this publically so it's not a mystery, especially to the newer members.

I don't know if you intended your message to sound the way it does, but I find it offensive.

I don't need to "come up with a good reason" for a couple different reasons, mainly because I had good ones when they were suspened or banned and "coming up with one" implies needing to make one up after the fact.

I am showing you respect by addressing your question and overlooking the tone, but I hope that you reciprocate in the future.

As stated in the rules, we reserve the right to remove posts and users for whatever reason and without prior notice. We don't need to make an announcement about this. Typically this is only done with spammers and trolls.

I don't ban or delete users without a good reason and even then I'm more forgiving than I should I be in my (admittedly biased) opinion. I don't like to "run things" (and I use that phrase very, very loosely) that way because this a community.

People can lose their temper and that's definitely understandable and we try to take that into consideration, but this isn't real time communication, so it's better to wait to reply when we are angry or reread our post and edit what may be too harsh or in violation of the rules. However, sometimes the situation is such that a simple warning wouldn't do.

I especially don't like having to ban users who have been around a long time and have contributed to the site. If they've been around a long time that usually means that they have not always been a problem too. I won't let a long time member get away with something that I would suspend a newer member for though. I try to treat everyone fairly. However, past offenses are considered, particularly if they have been numberous and/or for the same thing.

If a member who has been around a while (or not I suppose) gets banned it's for one of two reasons. Either they did or said something that was so bad that they were banned outright (this is pretty rare), or more commonly if a member has been warned about something and continues to do it, they will be suspended (unless it's bad enough to be suspended 1st time) and then if it continues, usually suspended a couple more times until they are banned permanently if it persists.

Without getting into details, Anahita's case fits this description.

I can honestly say, that we are more forgiving than most of the other online communities I've seen, but I will do what I have to preseve a friendly and welcoming environment.

You mention in your post "vulgar language", but that's not the only thing people can be warned about or suspended for.

I would encourage you and everyone else to take a look at the rules if you haven't already or maybe again to refresh if you have. I suggest this not for the sole reason of knowing what you can get suspended or banned for, but there are a lot of items there that won't necessarily result in those actions, but make the forum a lot easier to navigate and read (e.g. descriptive thread titles, maintaining the topic, etc).

Click for the rules
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

I remeber when i got suspended for 3 day's i think and it was my first 5 minutes of being a member loll.

Comment

Do you also remember what you did? Oh, and how about being direct and just saying what you mean? What's your point?
          [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

My post was not specifically directed against you but generally to all the moderators. So I don't have anything against your persona Siggie in fact you are a sympathizing figure.

I merely found it odd that several members were banned just like that. Apparently Sip is back, I still don't understand why Anahita was banned, she was an awfully good individual from what I have seen from her.

Comment

All forum moderators, no matter what the forum, are a bunch of ******* people. If they were not, they would not want to be moderators. So we had better just accept it as the way the World is and hope our contact with them is minimal since nothing else can be done.

Moderators here may wish to assume that ******* perhaps means 'delightful', or 'pleasant', or 'reasonable', or even 'God's gift to the online world'.
              Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
                may wish to assume that ******* perhaps 'delightful', or 'pleasant', or 'reasonable'
                I am perplexed. Not one of these propositions is a seven-letter word.

PS: Makes me think of a short story by Tchekhov. You may have read it. It's called "The Princess" (available online : http://www.gutenberg.org/files/13505/13505.txt)

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
                  All forum moderators, no matter what the forum, are a bunch of ******* people. If they were not, they would not want to be moderators. So we had better just accept it as the way the World is and hope our contact with them is minimal since nothing else can be done.

Moderators here may wish to assume that ******* perhaps means 'delightful', or 'pleasant', or 'reasonable', or even 'God's gift to the online world'.
                  Wow, you have such insight into my personality.
                  Could it simply be that you've never been asked to moderate? That's gotta be why you have absolutely no clue.
                  I chose to do this because I liked the forum and I spent a lot of time here, so when asked, I decided to help maintain it. Seems like who someone is before they accept a moderating position doesn't matter because in most people's eyes they become [insert your ******* of choice].

Anyway, I didn't reply to the original post so that this would turn into a thread where I have to defend my actions, let alone my personality and motivation.

Originally posted by Կարմիր Բ
                  I merely found it odd that several members were banned just like that. Apparently Sip is back, I still don't understand why Anahita was banned, she was an awfully good individual from what I have seen from her.
                  She kept posting offtopic. After countless warning spanning a few months, we gave up on her.

Comment

Working...
                  X