Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Ottomans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ottomans

Originally posted by Kanki View Post
    Originally posted by Hellektor View Post
    Turks spread throughout Central Asia AFTER the sixth century AD.
    You had display your ignorance (Who? Me? H.) at Turkish ancient history, AFTER THE 16. CENTURY (??? H.) hahahaha Haha Hey Guy Turks came Anatolia in 11. Century how could it be!!! We were always there, because we are Central Asian, East side of Caspian Sea.
    After the SIXTH CENTURY ANNO DOMINI

Map showing the origin of the Turk Inhuman Culture-deficiency Virus in Mongolia and its spread AFTER the SIXTH CENTURY AD like cancer throughout Central Asia, the land of Iranian nomadic tribes known as the Turanians, then the descent like an abomination west of the Caspian AFTER the 11th century AD

6th Century not 16th century. Do read my Turanian Fallacy CAREFULLY for a change. AND CHECK THE FUCKING MAP. I did NOT draw this map, but the expert Turkologists did.

Originally posted by Kanki View Post
    Your Khrosan and our Horasan is different, You are right Khroasan is Area in Iran but Horasan was a city, destroyed by Mongols.
    Never heard of it. You do not have the sound “Kh” (the “ch” sound in machen in German or Loch ness in Scottish, presented by X in Russian), therefore, I am 99.99999% sure you are talking about Khorasan which never belonged to Turks and its attribution to Turks is only typical Cacaturk distory.

Comment

• We are not empire seekers

Originally posted by lampron View Post
      I agree there are many cases of Armenian bravery. But collectively, if we just take the Ottoman seige and conquest of Cyprus in 1570-71, an army of 200,000 ottoman troops was assembled and shipped across the sea. An 11-month seige followed. The defenders were 7,000 strong and isolated. More than 50,000 ottoman military were killed until they conquered the island (let's leave the incredible bravery of the defenders to one side).
      Your answer is in your post. We are not siege people! We are the besieged. We have always struggled to break the siege, like those brave 7000 who fought 200,000 genocidal, ruthless bandits who were only about rape, pillage and plunder. No wonder, even your religion authorizes and encourages this. Hey, we are goodies, Turks are baddies and they know this.

I can hardly think of an instance in history where Armenians have engaged in a Turk-becoming, sick, sadistic, psychopathic torture of others, by laying a siege to starve and force the inhabitants to surrender themselves and part with their belongings and in most cases be slaughtered. In fact, all the acts of Armenian self-defense that the genocidal Turk abuses to picture the Armenians as aggressors and projects their savagery on us, were nothing but defending their lives against the siege of the outnumbering Turk army: Zeitun, Van, Musa Dag, Urfa and in our days, the breaking of the “Azeri” siege where they were sadistically firing 13,000 Grads on innocent civilians of Artsakh to exterminate the Armenians and steal Artsakh, but led to the liberation of parts of field Artsakh are examples that confirm this.

We are not empire seekers. elsewhere on this very board I say, “...if we had three or four Tigrans in decisive moments of our history, Turkey would never have existed today and Armenia would stretch from the Caspian to the Black Sea to the Mediterranean with a population of 30 million, a Switzerland + Japan in the middle of Asia. Alas and alack...”

Armenians are liberators: from the oldest times as in the case with Cyrus, Armenians have always fought for the rights of the oppressed. While fooled by the Abrahamic religion Marxism the gullible Armenians were liberating Berlin, the “Azeri” garbage were using this “internationalism” for their own pan-Turkist purposes for which they called their counterfeit state “Azerbaijan”, occupying the real Azarbaijan (Atrpatakan) and Turkey, wolf in sheepskin, letting the Jews in Struma drown, were dealing with the Nazis through Von Pappen to jump on the train when sure of German victory to destroy Russia and annex Central Asia to their Empire of Rape.

Just in that seige the Ottomans probably struggled more than Armenians did from 1375 to 1918.
      I'd say the mere liberation of Berlin in which 10 Armenian generals took part, reached there first and were the only Soviet army to do so, weighs heavier in moral terms than all the death, destruction, rape, pillage and plunder the Turk pestilence has committed since the 11th century AD the civilized side of the Caspian, not to speak of the exceptional bravery of the Armenians in WWII, where 600,000 Armenians (all the able-bodied available at the time) fought on all fronts, liberated countless areas, gave the same number of dead soldiers as the “greatest nation on Earth”, i.e. 300,000.

You say it was a miracle that Cilicia survived that long. Instead of thinking about survival, isn't it better to think how much more powerful Cilicia could have become? The Ottomans when they crossed into the Balkans were surrounded by Bulgarians, Macedonians, Serbians, Albanians, Byzantines. Not only they 'survived', they ended up nearly taking Vienna.How did they do it?
      They were in the right place at the right time, the case for all such feat, plus they were unimaginably ruthless. This is reflected in what you say. They are ready to lose 50,000 lives to steal territory that isn't theirs.

History is repeating itself. The “Azeri” garbage perpetrates genocide and instigates a war, loses the war, yet is so brazen that demands territory from the victor; a territory that has never, ever belonged to their bogus state, legally or historically. They have the devil's luck that another tribe, the J people who control the media, are on their side.

This is where I think differently from the bulk of the Armenians who believe the Turk will be civilized someday. They think if they cede the liberated territories, the genocidal vermin will abide by an eventual treaty. The Armenian does not want to understand the Turk will never tolerate the existence of an Armenia of any shape, size or form and after getting the territories despite their miserable defeat, they'll become even more brazen and demand the rest of Artsakh, which they will gain by breeding like rats and stifling Artsakh, forcing the Armenians to flee. Then they'll demand Siunik to have passage to stolen Nakhijevan. Then they demand the “khanate of Erivan”...

I believe we should do to the Turk what they already accuse us of all the time. No matter how fair we play, they'll massacre our helpless women and children and will always find a Jew (usually with a Turk whore) like that piece of shit Thomas Goltz who will fabricate a hollow hoax like Khojaly to smear the Armenians.

Recently on Hylur (the news program on the only Armenian satellite channel) the soldiers on the frontier of Artsakh were showing the “Azeri” filth taking their time, doing engineering work, reinforcing their positions in an easy shooting range and in broad daylight. An Armenian soldier said, they know we are good people and we won't shoot. Yet a few days ago they shot and killed two innocent Armenian rural civilians, a young man and an old man. Then they set fire to the area.

In the same way, when they were barbarically destroying the Jugha khachkars in broad daylight, they were also sure no one would hurt them and the Jew owned media wouldn't even mention this monstrosity. This was a good chance for Armenia to take back Nakhijevan. They should have carpet bombed Nakhijevan and liberated it or flown a helicopter gunship to shoot those soldiers, an action that would be totally justified even by the anti-Armenian “international” community in case the “Azeri” atrocity would be shameless enough to complain, or at least they should have stopped the Artsakh “negotiations” until the matter was resolved and damages paid by the sore genocidal “Azeri” losers.

While I believe the Armenians should eradicate the Turk parasite from their homeland, even when I want to fantasize nuking Turkey, I don't go as far as doing it in my imagination. Since I love animals especially cats, I usually bring the pretext that cats and dogs will be killed, so I cannot allow myself nuking Turkey even in a Walter Mitty mode.

This is something the Turk is incapable to fathom, since somewhere down the line throughout these ten or twelve thousand years of civilization, it has missed the train of evolution and has not acquired the necessary human traits: remorse, guilt, shame, compassion, honesty, modesty, sincerity, truthfulness, conscience, objectivity, self-criticism, sympathy and understanding for the suffering of others, the ability to share others' pain, the ability to value achievements of civilization such as works of art, places of worship, manuscripts, cities, etc., which are vital if a two-legged talking creature is to be labeled human being.

P.S. Remember: i before an e except after c.

Comment

Agree completely. We shouldve taken Nakhichevan while we had the chance...

Comment

Originally posted by lampron
          when the ottomans arrived on the shores of the Marmara sea around 1340AD, most had never seen a ship in their lives. At that time the Armenians of Cilicia controlled a prime Mediterranean seashore maybe up 200 miles long on and off for 200 years. Who had the advantage? The Armenians lost everything. The Ottomans went on to build fleets attacking the Spanish empire at the other end of the Mediterranean

You have to keep in mind how geographically spread out the Turks were by 1340 compared to the Armenians. From 1071-1340 the Turks had completely ravaged the heartland of the Byzantines, Anatolia, and it was basically the backyard of Turkish emirs for centuries. Persia was also overran by the Seljuks, as the Arabs and Persians were weakening each other for centuries. The Armenians of Cilicia were simply one of the many coastal kingdoms in the east mediterranean, a nation of refugees from the Turkic invasions of Armenia from the 11th century. The situations are completely different.

Also, Armenian culture, language and religion is completely different from their neighbors. Turks on the other hand, had Islam, and they were very zelous about it, and this made it easier for them to rule over Arabs, Persians and their fellow Turks and assume the influential role of the Caliphate which was already set up by Arabs and Persians, which can wield influence from Central Asia to southern Spain. Armenians on the other hand, couldn't even convince their only Christian neighbors, the Byzantines, to help them, and it was because of Byzantine religious bigotry towards Armenian Apostolic Christianity. So theres no comparison between Turks and Armenians in this respect.

And also, you also have to keep in mind the steady flow of manpower the Turks had coming from Central Asia for centuries. All those Anatolian and Middle Eastern Turkish emirates were consistently rejuvinated by Turks heading west from Central Asia, or by refugees from one of the thousands of Turkish raids and invasions. Turks were simply much more numerous than Armenians and had more similarities to the peoples of the Near East because of Islam. If you add a few strokes of luck, a few Byzantine blunders, western European neglect, along with Turkish cannons and the ruthlessness of their rulers, at a time when all the major powers were in decline, it is no wonder how they became so powerful. I'm not saying success just fell in their laps, but their situation was much more favorable than the Armenians.
          Last edited by ArmSurvival; 07-08-2008, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jack sparrow
            ottoman rulers were very very lucky guys,they had the fortune of felling every time on 4 foot (as we say for cats in general),first they approch to the neighbouring countries as if to help them,then they remained places where they entered as a visitor ,centuries long as a rulers .Bribe was their wapon to buy any local princes or politicans from 15 century and onwards .on this filosofical base they constructed the army of christan youths which they gave the nameYenichery (new warriers).When they were infront of wiena doors the majorty of generals,soldiers were origen christians converted to islam. ottomanizm or turkism is a traditional impire policy which is based to use every minuse oportunity to obtain maximum advantage for the state well being.
            Do you not know anything about history?

The whole eras of great empires were based on corruption and lies. Sure, The ottoman Empire decieved a bunch of countrys, but do you think anyone would join with Hitler if he said "I'm going to eradicate the xxxs" (exept Mussulini)

Alexander, for instance lets look back at his "glorious" journey. Did you know at some point after Alexander captured Babylon, his soildiers refused to march any longer? Hence he came up with a diabolical plan, he had to "promise" them that they are going back. However he did not go back home, he marched onwards to conquer more lands, but kept his men in the dark.

Comment

• Re: We are not empire seekers

[QUOTE=Hellektor;197625]
              This is where I think differently from the bulk of the Armenians who believe the Turk will be civilized someday.[QUOTE]

Not only you think that way; but our greatest general Karekin Nejteh thought the very same way as well as you do. He further said that turks will never be a civilized nation nor rule a country in a civilized manner or be able to fight in a civil way. Unfortunately Hrant Dink hoped and wished the turks to be better in the years to come and accept the fact that they have committed the Armenian Genocide and look what they did to him.

Personally, I believe in Karekin Nejteh and I agree with you.

Recently on Hylur (the news program on the only Armenian satellite channel) the soldiers on the frontier of Artsakh were showing the “Azeri” filth taking their time, doing engineering work, reinforcing their positions in an easy shooting range and in broad daylight. An Armenian soldier said, they know we are good people and we won't shoot. Yet a few days ago they shot and killed two innocent Armenian rural civilians, a young man and an old man. Then they set fire to the area.

And what are the powerful countries doing about it? It is supposed to be peace treaty in the area. But unfortunately yes the media pretty much all around the world is controlled by the J'ews except certain parts of Europe, and yes the J'ews are obviously not on our side.

I believe that the J'ews know our capacity of being smart and able people; and that is reason enough for them to be with the azerbaboons and the turks. They don't wish a bigger and a more powerful Armenia as they know that we may become as powerful as them. And they don't wish another Israel to be put near them in the Caucasus. And more obvious than ever it is the oil issue. Where money (oil) is that's where J'ews, Brits and so forth are.

In the same way, when they were barbarically destroying the Jugha khachkars in broad daylight, they were also sure no one would hurt them and the Jew owned media wouldn't even mention this monstrosity. This was a good chance for Armenia to take back Nakhijevan. They should have carpet bombed Nakhijevan and liberated it or flown a helicopter gunship to shoot those soldiers, an action that would be totally justified even by the anti-Armenian “international” community in case the “Azeri” atrocity would be shameless enough to complain, or at least they should have stopped the Artsakh “negotiations” until the matter was resolved and damages paid by the sore genocidal “Azeri” losers.

Yes unfortunately Armenia stood still and didn't do anything to free our Naxichevan.

This is something the Turk is incapable to fathom, since somewhere down the line throughout these ten or twelve thousand years of civilization, it has missed the train of evolution and has not acquired the necessary human traits: remorse, guilt, shame, compassion, honesty, modesty, sincerity, truthfulness, conscience, objectivity, self-criticism, sympathy and understanding for the suffering of others, the ability to share others' pain, the ability to value achievements of civilization such as works of art, places of worship, manuscripts, cities, etc., which are vital if a two-legged talking creature is to be labeled human being.

And like general Nejteh said; the turk will never change.
              Last edited by Anoush; 07-23-2008, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellektor View Post
                I can hardly think of an instance in history where Armenians have engaged in a Turk-becoming, sick, sadistic, psychopathic torture of others, by laying a siege to starve and force the inhabitants to surrender themselves and part with their belongings and in most cases be slaughtered.
                We are not empire seekers.
                Armenians are liberators: from the oldest times as in the case with Cyrus, Armenians have always fought for the rights of the oppressed. History is repeating itself. The “Azeri” garbage perpetrates genocide and instigates a war, loses the war, yet is so brazen that demands territory from the victor; a territory that has never, ever belonged to their bogus state, legally or historically. They have the devil's luck that another tribe, the J people who control the media, are on their side.

This is where I think differently from the bulk of the Armenians who believe the Turk will be civilized someday.
                I disagree. The Ottomans set themselves an objective. To dominate the world, and especially to take over Europe. The Armenians had no such ambition. It's not genetic. Medieval Asiatic empires were brutal. The Ottomans followed the traditions of Central Asia and Mongolia. I don't think the Armenians are programmed to be liberators. To create a bogus state or to falsify history or to remove Armenian khatchkars are all to do with an imperialistic mentality. In general, with empire building comes arrogance and ruthlessness. Armenians have prided themselves in being top-class traders. The Turks have eclipsed the Armenians in this field too. Turkish "Efes" beer billboards are everywhere in central Moscow. Now that Islamic extremists are losing ground and alcohol is on sale again in Baghdad, "Efes" has become the number one imported beer in Iraq. Where are the Armenian businessmen?

Comment

Originally posted by freakyfreaky View Post
                  Ottomans have been reduced to a couch accessories now. Romans, Persians and apostles are of more import to Armenia's history than blood thirsty Ottomans. Too bad we could not build a wall like the Chinese..

Hahaha...he said 'homo'ist.

Armenia still exists, Ottomans are extinct. Get over it.

52 country were founded on Ottoman's land . Ottomans were not blood thirty people . If so , there were not any Armenians in Armenian , even İn Türkiye .

Ottomans were Türks so Türks are still here . The oldest nations in the world history ....

Comment

Originally posted by lampron
                    Armenians have prided themselves in being top-class traders. The Turks have eclipsed the Armenians in this field too. Turkish "Efes" beer billboards are everywhere in central Moscow. Now that Islamic extremists are losing ground and alcohol is on sale again in Baghdad, "Efes" has become the number one imported beer in Iraq. Where are the Armenian businessmen?

LOL, having beer billboards in Moscow, where people will drink just about anything including floor polish (true story, check BBC), isn't a sign of success. Anyone can advertise, but can you sell is the real question.

And congratulations, a Turkish beer is the #1 imported beer in a city with the highest mortality rate in the world. What genius businessmen, they do business in a place where most of their customers will be dead within 5 years. Most people in Baghdad not only don't have money for beer, they can barely get clean drinking water. No wonder they are buying Turkish beer, Iraq has virtually no beer industry, they have to import their beer, Turkish beer is probably the cheapest to import, and their beer tastes better than polluted Baghdad water. Where are the Armenian businessmen? Doing business in stable countries.

This is your proof that Turkish traders have "eclipsed" Armenians? Since you like to compare Turks and Armenians, then what do you think about the fact that many of the movies you watch in Turkey and around the world are produced by an Armenian company, MGM? Ever play the game Halo, Halo 2, or Halo 3? Created by an Armenian. Ever had an MRI? Invented by an Armenian. Do you have a single-handle faucet in your home? It was invented by an Armenian. Ever use an auto-focus camera? Invented by an Armenian. I can go on all day.

Even Turkish symbals were created by Armenians (Zildjian and Sabian). The first Turkish dictionary was written by an Armenian. Your best architects were Armenians (Balian family). And if I'm not mistaken, the first theater in the Ottoman Empire was done by an Armenian theatrical group. Even the first Ottoman novel, released in 1851, was written by an Armenian using the Armenian alphabet.

But of course, this is all ignored by Turks, since it has nothing to do with the "great Turkish cultural achievements" of the 1920's: Banning the fez, banning the Kurdish language, switching from one foreign alphabet to another foreign alphabet, and adopting western dress (which Ottoman-Armenians had done over 100 years prior).

And lets not forget their reputation for commercial success: They captured the imported beer market in US-occupied Baghdad

Comment

Originally posted by jack sparrow
                      Such invalid statment makes you loose a lot of points over dicussion of who is better business man who is not, lets take a look turkish great enterprenors such as KOC and SABANCI, they had their enourmous fortune by sizing the armenian wealth (golds , real estate and commodities) when the ottomans were bussy eleminating the armenian productive population from 1913 up to 1915 (the last episode took place 1940 of subjecting all the armenians to INPROPORTIONAL heavy taxation ,wealth tax) and now you ignoring all the pased disasterous events that the armenians were subjected ,sitting on your corner smilling over the dead armenians body making your financial calculations asking who is better businessman? you should feel deeply sorry for all the inocent daed armenians who had worked end earn money centuries in Ottoman lemp. and pay more tax than any other muslim citizen.
                      what is your point,ey
                      Yes I recognize that that a lot of Turks and Kurds became wealthy on the back of stolen property from Armenians, Assyrians, Greeks etc. I mentioned somewhere the Turkish economy nearly collpased after 1923. They seized textile factories in places like Brusa, Adana. But eventually the Turks were able to work those factories and move into different businesses (with European help it is true - German, Swedish, French, Italian, British). Anatolia, like the Balkans is a very rich land. And now famous designer labels manufactured in Turkey are all over the world. My point is Armenians, Greeks etc have constantly underrated the Ottomans and now the Turks

Comment

Working...
                      X