Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenian background

Originally posted by armen111 View Post
    Well maybe you do not like them i dont know but they are caucasian like Armenians and Persians and Afghans and Turks too!
    This is a joke or something? Persians, Afghans, Turks - Caucasus people??? Caucasus isn't just a region on the map. Armenians actually have genes that other Caucasians have. I don't mean Georgians only. I had a research by some scientist on this topic. There was a chart of people in Causasus and their connection. We have simular genes (a very tiny bit) with Chechens. That's how far it gets. It was surprising to me though.....

Re: Armenian Race and Cultural Background

Originally posted by sergeyisanov View Post
    The number of Russians killed during the war is almost three times more than those died during the Holocaust!
    are you talking about the xxxish Holocaust? Then it would be much more then that.

and it is not because Germans wanted to commit a genocide. It was because Russians and Stalin are f*cking stupid. There were battalions that were made to be sent to die. They went almost to the field with no to very little weapons with them. If those kind of battalions didn't not exist there would be MUCH less deaths during the WWII

Comment

Armenia lost 300.000 people in the fight against the forces of fascism and we will not tolerate nazi propaganda such as nonsense about the "aryan race"

Comment

there is no Aryan race, though Armenia has an Aryan cultural/historic background and to acknowledge it has nothing to do with Nazism or fascism.

And do care to explain the differences between Hitler and Stalin, that made one fascist, and not the other.

Comment

I don't care about Stalin. The German Empire attacked Armenia (and would probably give us to the Turks) and Armenia beat them up. I have videos with the Armenian battalions dancing in Berlin traditional Armenian dances.

Comment

Attacked Armenia? how, when and where?

Comment

Eh WWII?

Comment

show me some links, or elaborate yourself.

Also, why do you think Armenians would've suffered under Nazi domination any more than they did through the turbulent times of the Soviet Union?

Comment

there is no Aryan race

False. Aryan is a sub race of the Caucasian race. Many of our great historians talk about the Aryan tribes that once inhabited the Armenian Highlands before the various migrations to Europe and Asia took place. I'd suggest that you do some non western (read jooish) reading on racial anthropology.
                  For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                  to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

you mean that crap from the 1920s?

There is nothing objective about race, it is all subjective, it is the will of the group. We decide race for ourselves, and so if a bunch of people come together and call themselves Aryans and do that for a long time and have no problems, then they "become" Aryans.

I mean think about it, prior to the late 19th century, no so called "Aryans" even considered themselves as such, ever. So basically, it's just a bunch of ethnocentric Europeans who came along at some point in history, coined the name, established its categories based on physical measurements, and today they are enhanced by haplogroup classifications (though far from perfect if people like Obama have R1a1).

In reality, Aryan is a linguistic marker and although you may be able to argue that there was an "Aryan world" in Eurasia at some point in history, where their language, customs and beliefs where favoured and widely transmitted to gain prominence in a great many important human settlements, it does not reflect the world we live in today... A lot has changed since then, the Roman empire redefined things, the rise of Turkic tribes, assimilating the Aryans of central Asia, the middle ages, continuous pouring in and mixing of different peoples, etc... etc...

Aryan is a legacy, not a race anymore, though many people try to remain attached to this former legacy through ideas of being racially "Aryan". That's all, and it's fine, so long as they actually do something culturally and intellectually interesting and constructive (and perhaps not violent), in the name of a revival of global interest towards this great legacy, but I remind them and you that very often, a person's race is either based on the individual's desires and interests for identification, or through systematic classification programs instituted by the men in power who run the socio-economic-political show in the land that the individual lives in and want to manipulate that individual bases on either physical markers or linguistic ones through racial categorizations.

I have noticed that these believers of modern day Aryan race often resort to classifying people's phenotypes in order to justify their categorizations, seeking to admit some Caucasoid phenotypes as "Europid" or Aryan, while excluding others. What is troublesome is the reality that phenotypes work as territorially derived continuums, where a certain phenotype is especially prominent in a certain land, and gradually or abruptly loses prominence based on the occurrence of different phenotypes in adjacent territories, and this phenomenon works beyond the Caucasian/Mongolian/Negro classification, and is very often based on socio-politics and socioeconomics, so to me, it is more justified to base race solely on the socio-political circumstances of a group and nothing else.

The main objective of this neo-Aryan consciousness is to keep immigrants out, stop them from mixing with Europeans, etc... That's all, and different leaders and different groups tailor this Aryanism to suit their particular needs. It does not engage its followers in intellectually inspiring activities like their revered artists from their lands engaged in, it only worships them, somewhat like catholics worship their saints. I find this is worthless and purports mediocrity. Be the saint, don't babble about how he's better than a saint of another race.
                    Last edited by jgk3; 05-26-2008, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X