Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Highlands: the birth place of civilization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"No dogs or Armenians allowed".
    Karo, was this on the news somewhere. I've never heard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
      We Armenian have claimed for a long time that proto-Indo-European tribes originated in the geographical region called Historic Armenia.
      "We Armenian"? Are you starting to use the royal "we".

OK, serious now. You wrote:
      I, moreover, claim that human civilization first emerged within the same geographical region in question as well. Nonetheless, I am not trying to claim credit as an Armenian. I know full well that nations, as we know them today, did not exist back then. The Armenian nation, as we know it today, only began to form during the classical period.
      All of which seems fair, but then you spoil it by adding:
      However, we Armenians are the direct decendants of those ancient aboriginals of the Armenian Highlands that gave birth to human civilization and the proto-Indo-European language.
      And thus descend into some nationalistic fantasy that would do Ataturk proud.

Indo-Europeans and human civilization, emerged from within Asia Minor/Caucaus. That is my point.
      I beg to differ, that is not your point. Your point is:
      Yet again proving that the ancient Aryans originated within the Armenian Highlands. Yes, three thousand years before Christ, that is, two thousand years before the time when Indo-European Armenians were supposed to have enter the region via Thrace - according to Euromorons, J-e-w-s and some low lives within the Armenian community.
      However, of course, it is perfectly possible for both to be true, or for neither. The migratory pattern of Ayran nations would, according to some theories, make the Gordion knot appear like a mere bow-tie.
      Last edited by bell-the-cat; 11-12-2005, 08:00 AM.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
        "We Armenian"? Are you starting to use the royal "we".
        Tsk, tsk, tsk. You just 'had' to use your flat English wit, didn't you.

OK, serious now. You wrote:

All of which seems fair, but then you spoil it by adding: And thus descend into some nationalistic fantasy that would do Ataturk proud.
        No dingbat, it would give Ataturk nightmares.

If Atatuk's claims had any scholarly value, I would not attack it. On the other hand, everything I state I can back up with scientific evidence (archeological, anthropological, theological, folkloric, linguistic) from Armenian and non-Armenian sources.

For decades we have been force-fed absurd fairytales coming out of Europe and your Island, its time to put the real historic value of the Armenian Highlands back on to the international stage.

The migratory pattern of Ayran nations would, according to some theories, make the Gordion knot appear like a mere bow-tie.
        The bottom line is, the oldest settlements yet found of so-called Aryans are within Asia Minor/Caucasus.

More and more linguists are now coming to the realization that the Proto-Indo-European language did indeed originate within Asia Minor/Caucasus.

More and more people are coming to the realization that the Armenian nation is native to Asia Minor and Caucasus.

Again, we are the surviving remnants of the great ancients such as Hittites, Hurrians, Urartians, the Haik and Ar-mens. If you oppose this claim of mine, then your opposition is merely based upopn your 'personal' problem with the matter and has nothing to do with the actual facts that corroborate my claims.

Again, I am not claiming personal credit, as an Armenian, for any of the great accomplishments of the proto-Armenian tribes of the ancient world, its simply your profound jealousy and 'Island' paranoia that is making you see Ataturk in me.

I tell you what catman, I will debate you word-for-word anything found within Ataturk's Sun theory and prove to you that its merely a fantasy. The so-called "Sun Theory" has no scholarly value what so ever, its simply a by-product of an insecure nation looking for belonging within the world. Concurrently, I will go over with you word-for-word, all of the proof that exists regarding my claims about the Armenian Highlands. Armenia's (the geographical location's) prehistoric cultural legacy is open for all to see, that is if they have eyes and at least half of brain.

Read my numerous posts within the thread I posted earlier with objectivity and an open mind. And stop your flat English humor.

Cheerio

Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Read my numerous posts within the thread I posted earlier with objectivity and an open mind. And stop your flat English humor.
          I thought Brits are supposed to be funny.

Anyone heard this before?

Q: What is the defenition of European heaven?
          A: French food, German technology, British humor.

Q: What is the definition of European hell?
          A: German humor, French technology, British food.

Comment

Originally posted by skhara
            Karo, was this on the news somewhere. I've never heard it.
            Not really and I don't think it was in modern times. It's something that was reported years back while I was still in Armenian. But, if you've seen Mayrik by Henri Verneuil, you'll know what I mean.

Comment

I thought Brits are supposed to be funny.

Anyone heard this before?

Q: What is the defenition of European heaven?
              A: French food, German technology, British humor.

Q: What is the definition of European hell?
              A: German humor, French technology, British food.

Charlie Chaplin, Monty Python, etc. These are good. One thing though is if it's not silly slapstick, it's pretty dry.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
                Not really and I don't think it was in modern times. It's something that was reported years back while I was still in Armenian. But, if you've seen Mayrik by Henri Verneuil, you'll know what I mean.
                No I have not seen the film, but I googled about it since you mentioned it. As I understand it is a film about an Armenian family that fled the genocide to France, correct?

Comment

No I have not seen the film, but I googled about it since you mentioned it. As I understand it is a film about an Armenian family that fled the genocide to France, correct?
                  Great film. I've been told that the book is much better. It is about that yeah. It was the ultimate double whammy. People flee their homes as they loose their loved ones and end in a country that welcomes them, but are treated by the citizens as second class citizens.

I'd be curious to learn how the survivors were treated in Europe as compared to Greece/Cyprus and Middle East.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
                    I'd be curious to learn how the survivors were treated in Europe as compared to Greece/Cyprus and Middle East.
                    A glance at some of the French "Maigret" detective novels from the 1940s and 50s would give you a picture of treatment in France (unless you happened to be rich). And you can bet that French police haven't changed one jot, except now it is North African immigrants they abuse and heap their contempt on, rather than Armenian immigrants.
                    Last edited by bell-the-cat; 11-12-2005, 07:04 PM.
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

People flee their homes as they loose their loved ones and end in a country that welcomes them, but are treated by the citizens as second class citizens.
                      Well Karo,

When I googled the film, I saw that some of the actors playing Armenians in the film were French and Spanish (something to think about).

Also, these people were fresh immigrants and likely not the only Armenian family that fled to France. In fact, at the time, I would assume that the Armenian migrants were fairly visible right?

Now think about history for a minute, and the American immigration in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Italians, Irish, Poles, and others, were discriminated against when their migrations waves were landing on the east coast. It seems that discrimination against immigrants is a pretty common phenomenon and it typically disappears when the people become integrated.

So I really can't imagine that French anything would be targetting Armenians. Armenians in France are pretty "Frenchified", integrated, and are easily pointed out only by their last names.

Look at it this way, no one is immigrating to Armenia, but what if they were, don't you think they would face discrimination from the local Armenians? Would it have anything to do with White Nationalists, or would it be a fairly typical reaction?

Comment

Working...
                      X