Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Found this the other day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found this the other day

Found this from and Armenian Muslim
    Date:
    16 Sep 2002
    Time:
    05:03:43

Comments

Dear All,

I happened to discover this interesting website, after surfing the net for websites with an alternative view (if you know what I'm saying) of Islam.

I'm "Turkish" and come from a Muslim background. My story is rather interesting. As a child, I was told by my grandfather that he was actually an Armenian by birth. Apparently, he was the youngest in a family consisting of 5 kids. During the Armenian Genocide, sometime in 1915, his whole family including his relatives as well as family friends and neighbours were killed. I was told that the women were raped and the men tortured, sometimes with their feet nailed.

My grandfather was the only one in his family which was spared because apparently the Turks collected young Armenian children to be distributed among Turks to be raised as Muslims. After sparing and collecting Armenian kids of up to 12 years of age, orders were given by certain army officers to kill those above 8 years old. My grandad was 10 at that time but because he was small sized, he was fortunately mistaken as one who was 8 and was spared. To the best of his recollection, he came from a village near Diyarbakir and his family name was 'Mahdasian' (or something like that).

The Muslim family which took him in, was kind to him and treated him as one of their own. His foster siblings fully accepted him. Looking back at the times that my grandad told me his stories, he was always choked with emotions but yet bewildered and confused because he was a Turkish Muslim now and he acknowledged this Turkish family to be his own. Although never very religious, he lived and died a Muslim. I suppose the trauma of the massacre of his family alienated him from being a devout Muslim but at the same time I guess he never questioned Islam as the only true religion.

Incidentally, my grandmother, his wife was also one of those Armenian children who were spared. She was a devout Muslim and was in a way grateful that the massacre enabled her to be brought up in the so-called "true religion, Islam" ... even though the family which took her in treated her badly and she was in a way no more than a servant.

To cut the story short, my family emigrated to Sydney, Australia and I became secularised along the way. Although, Turks and Lebanese Muslims were also trickling into Australia, somehow or other I never mixed with them much (perhaps because they were more conservative and un-Australian). Instead, I mix with other Mediteranean-looking "ethnics" such as Greeks and Macedonians from the "worg" community. My ethnicity (i.e. Turkish) was never an issue but at the same time, I never advertised it. In view of how much Greeks hate the Turks, looking back my friendship with them was rather unusual.

When I was in my twenties, I had a fair few Armenian and Lebanese-Armenian friends although Armenians and Turks usually don't mix (for the abovementioned reason). Interestingly, when they first got to know me, they told me that I looked distinctly Armenian!! Hmmm !! [My mum is a Turk of Pontic Greek extraction, another Islamised previously Christian minority from northern Turkey. Some of her relatives still practice certain unIslamic rituals which she believes is derived from Christianity]

Anyway, there was this Armenian guy my age who I really bonded partially because I discovered that his grandfather also survived the massacres of the Armenians and escaped to Lebanon.

I did some research and only then realised the real extent of the Armenian Genocide. Although, the Turkish government still cooked up all kinds of excuses, I for one know from my grandad that the Armenian Genocide did take place. I guess what gives the Armenian Genocide a religious dimension was that Kurdish and Laz Muslims in no small numbers, participated with the Turks. Interestingly, some of the Turks who took part were allegedly villagers whose Armenian ancestors had converted to Islam. Also, the villages populated by Armenian speaking Muslims were spared [I believe all Armenian-speaking Muslims or Hemshins have been fully Turkicised now. Some sources claim that there are as 2 million Turkish Muslims of pure or mainly Armenian extraction, some of whom still acknowledge their Armenian connection]

My interest in the Armenian Genocide, led me to read about historical data on other massacres committed by Muslim armies. Although, I have never formally renounced Islam, I have to admit that the attrocities committed in the name of Islam sickens me. It's hard to practice a religion after knowing what my grandad suffered, don't you think?

The comments and articles posted on your website speak the truth!! Violence naturally flows from the teachings of Islam and attrocities are not perpetrated by a handful of misguided and confused Muslim extremists.

Although, I do not consider myself anti-Islam, I applaud Al-Mansur, Syed Kamran Mirza, fatemolla, Abul Kasem and Mughal for their works on the various aspects of Islam which are posted in the "Comments" page of the "Feedback" section of this website.

Enver (just a pseudonym)

P.S. For the Islamic apologists who attack the testimonies posted herein, please note that your comments with regards to mine is unwelcome. I am not attacking Islam ...so, for once please drop the "Islam is not violent" and "You should also look at what the Christians did" rhetoric, which I am so sick of. You can take your "Killing of Armenian Christians never happened" and shove it up your arse.

Re: Found this the other day

Wow. Can't even imagine how many more will live and die as Turks and never know where they really came from. Its another face of the Genocide continuing to this day. Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by RSNATION
    Found this from and Armenian Muslim
    Date:
    16 Sep 2002
    Time:
    05:03:43

Comments

Dear All,

I happened to discover this interesting website, after surfing the net for websites with an alternative view (if you know what I'm saying) of Islam.

I'm "Turkish" and come from a Muslim background. My story is rather interesting. As a child, I was told by my grandfather that he was actually an Armenian by birth. Apparently, he was the youngest in a family consisting of 5 kids. During the Armenian Genocide, sometime in 1915, his whole family including his relatives as well as family friends and neighbours were killed. I was told that the women were raped and the men tortured, sometimes with their feet nailed.

My grandfather was the only one in his family which was spared because apparently the Turks collected young Armenian children to be distributed among Turks to be raised as Muslims. After sparing and collecting Armenian kids of up to 12 years of age, orders were given by certain army officers to kill those above 8 years old. My grandad was 10 at that time but because he was small sized, he was fortunately mistaken as one who was 8 and was spared. To the best of his recollection, he came from a village near Diyarbakir and his family name was 'Mahdasian' (or something like that).

The Muslim family which took him in, was kind to him and treated him as one of their own. His foster siblings fully accepted him. Looking back at the times that my grandad told me his stories, he was always choked with emotions but yet bewildered and confused because he was a Turkish Muslim now and he acknowledged this Turkish family to be his own. Although never very religious, he lived and died a Muslim. I suppose the trauma of the massacre of his family alienated him from being a devout Muslim but at the same time I guess he never questioned Islam as the only true religion.

Incidentally, my grandmother, his wife was also one of those Armenian children who were spared. She was a devout Muslim and was in a way grateful that the massacre enabled her to be brought up in the so-called "true religion, Islam" ... even though the family which took her in treated her badly and she was in a way no more than a servant.

To cut the story short, my family emigrated to Sydney, Australia and I became secularised along the way. Although, Turks and Lebanese Muslims were also trickling into Australia, somehow or other I never mixed with them much (perhaps because they were more conservative and un-Australian). Instead, I mix with other Mediteranean-looking "ethnics" such as Greeks and Macedonians from the "worg" community. My ethnicity (i.e. Turkish) was never an issue but at the same time, I never advertised it. In view of how much Greeks hate the Turks, looking back my friendship with them was rather unusual.

When I was in my twenties, I had a fair few Armenian and Lebanese-Armenian friends although Armenians and Turks usually don't mix (for the abovementioned reason). Interestingly, when they first got to know me, they told me that I looked distinctly Armenian!! Hmmm !! [My mum is a Turk of Pontic Greek extraction, another Islamised previously Christian minority from northern Turkey. Some of her relatives still practice certain unIslamic rituals which she believes is derived from Christianity]

Anyway, there was this Armenian guy my age who I really bonded partially because I discovered that his grandfather also survived the massacres of the Armenians and escaped to Lebanon.

I did some research and only then realised the real extent of the Armenian Genocide. Although, the Turkish government still cooked up all kinds of excuses, I for one know from my grandad that the Armenian Genocide did take place. I guess what gives the Armenian Genocide a religious dimension was that Kurdish and Laz Muslims in no small numbers, participated with the Turks. Interestingly, some of the Turks who took part were allegedly villagers whose Armenian ancestors had converted to Islam. Also, the villages populated by Armenian speaking Muslims were spared [I believe all Armenian-speaking Muslims or Hemshins have been fully Turkicised now. Some sources claim that there are as 2 million Turkish Muslims of pure or mainly Armenian extraction, some of whom still acknowledge their Armenian connection]

My interest in the Armenian Genocide, led me to read about historical data on other massacres committed by Muslim armies. Although, I have never formally renounced Islam, I have to admit that the attrocities committed in the name of Islam sickens me. It's hard to practice a religion after knowing what my grandad suffered, don't you think?

The comments and articles posted on your website speak the truth!! Violence naturally flows from the teachings of Islam and attrocities are not perpetrated by a handful of misguided and confused Muslim extremists.

Although, I do not consider myself anti-Islam, I applaud Al-Mansur, Syed Kamran Mirza, fatemolla, Abul Kasem and Mughal for their works on the various aspects of Islam which are posted in the "Comments" page of the "Feedback" section of this website.

Enver (just a pseudonym)

P.S. For the Islamic apologists who attack the testimonies posted herein, please note that your comments with regards to mine is unwelcome. I am not attacking Islam ...so, for once please drop the "Islam is not violent" and "You should also look at what the Christians did" rhetoric, which I am so sick of. You can take your "Killing of Armenian Christians never happened" and shove it up your arse.

Comment

Originally posted by gmd
      Wow. Can't even imagine how many more will live and die as Turks and never know where they really came from. Its another face of the Genocide continuing to this day. Thanks for the info.
      You're welcome, gmd. It's scary to think about how many so-called crypto-Armenians live in Turkey and keep theit identities secret and and even more frightening when you think about some of the older folks who are Armenian and do not even know it.

I believe a Turkish author just wrote a book recently about discovering her Armenian roots.

Comment

I believe a Turkish author just wrote a book recently about discovering her Armenian roots.
        Fethiye Çetin and İrfan Palalı.

Comment

there are so many turks and just as much kurds with armenian blood....this week i have meet to kurds from diyarbakir both of them had armenien roots....but they where fully assimilated......it's kinda hard to accept that we have lost brothers and sisters (even though they have been mixed with the enemy) out there.............;(;(;(;(;(;(

Comment

Working...
          X