Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Twelve Blinks of an Eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twelve Blinks of an Eye

Hi to all I am new in this forum this is my second post I hope I wold get good replies.
    First of all I didn't know in which section to open this tread but I think Armenian History is he best that suits the topic because it has to do with our modern history.
    As many of you know May 9 is one of the most importanat dates in out modern history it is the day when Armenian forces liberated our beloved Shushi. A city which has seen unforgetable horors in it's times just like every Armenian ciy that existed throughout history. But at least we can say unlike Van, Mush, Sasoun, Gars, Ardahan, Garine, Ani ..... Shushi now belongs to it's rightful owners. Today on the 15th aniversarry of the liberation day I bow and pray for those souls who fell during the fierce battles on May 9 1992 and throughout the Artsakh Liberation war in general.
    On this occation although it has nothing to do with liberation of Shushi but it is part Artsakh strugle and a reminder to us that the victory didn't come for free I would like to share with you the following story.

Twelve Blinks of an Eye
    There were Twelve of them...... twelve blinks of an eye, twelve spirits forever in our hearts and minds.

New Year's Eve brings the cold to Yerabloor. The icy and foggy air envelopes the silent area. Only graves, flowers and burning candles decorate the bleak atmosphere. It is a frigid and sad New Years but it is also filled with honor and pride. The bells of a church toll in the distance as people come and stand in silence by the graves. Pride wells within them, for they stand at the graves of their brothers and sisters. May God Bless their souls.

These are our twelve heroes. The first martyrs of the modern age Most of them were in their early twenties; they served their country unselfishly. Let us bow down and honor their graves and their memories.

The world stood by and watched on August 4, 1992 when the chaotic situation in Ardzvashen turned into a bloody confrontation. The 0-16 military troop of Vanadzor was defending the surrounding area from the constant military attacks by the Azerbeijanis. The Armenian soldiers completed their mission of evacuating more than 4,500 Armenian civilians from Ardzvashen within three days. Innocent women, children and elderly were delivered from the murderous hand of the enemy. From the 0-16, twelve brave soldiers remained to ward off the impeding enemy threats. On August 8, 1992 constraints of enemy attacks made the situation more treacherous. The two sides clashed and the battle lasted for 4 hours. Twelve brave Armenian youths, set against the Azerbeijani army, fought valiantly. After the battle was over, and after handing over the exhausted bodies back to the Armenian families, the Azeri General Rustamov was quoted as saying: They fought a bloody battle down to their very last bullet. Consider them your country's pride. These were the exact words of the enemy. Let us respect and honor their memories. Let us meet our brave freedom fighters who gave their last drop of blood to preserve innocent lives.

There were Twelve of them......
    twelve blinks of an eye, twelve spirits forever in our hearts and minds.

© 1996-2002 www.JanFedayi.com All Rights R6 ved
    Designed by: Movses Movsesyan

Re: Twelve Blinks of an Eye

Thank you! An inspiring and touching story of the brave sons of Armenia.

Comment

I hope I wold get good replies
      Well I don't know if its a good reply, but certainly deserves a bump.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian1 View Post
        Hi to all I am new in this forum this is my second post I hope I wold get good replies.
        First of all I didn't know in which section to open this tread but I think Armenian History is he best that suits the topic because it has to do with our modern history.
        As many of you know May 9 is one of the most importanat dates in out modern history it is the day when Armenian forces liberated our beloved Shushi. A city which has seen unforgetable horors in it's times just like every Armenian ciy that existed throughout history. But at least we can say unlike Van, Mush, Sasoun, Gars, Ardahan, Garine, Ani ..... Shushi now belongs to it's rightful owners. Today on the 15th aniversarry of the liberation day I bow and pray for those souls who fell during the fierce battles on May 9 1992 and throughout the Artsakh Liberation war in general.
        On this occation although it has nothing to do with liberation of Shushi but it is part Artsakh strugle and a reminder to us that the victory didn't come for free I would like to share with you the following story.

Twelve Blinks of an Eye
        There were Twelve of them...... twelve blinks of an eye, twelve spirits forever in our hearts and minds.

New Year's Eve brings the cold to Yerabloor. The icy and foggy air envelopes the silent area. Only graves, flowers and burning candles decorate the bleak atmosphere. It is a frigid and sad New Years but it is also filled with honor and pride. The bells of a church toll in the distance as people come and stand in silence by the graves. Pride wells within them, for they stand at the graves of their brothers and sisters. May God Bless their souls.

These are our twelve heroes. The first martyrs of the modern age Most of them were in their early twenties; they served their country unselfishly. Let us bow down and honor their graves and their memories.

The world stood by and watched on August 4, 1992 when the chaotic situation in Ardzvashen turned into a bloody confrontation. The 0-16 military troop of Vanadzor was defending the surrounding area from the constant military attacks by the Azerbeijanis. The Armenian soldiers completed their mission of evacuating more than 4,500 Armenian civilians from Ardzvashen within three days. Innocent women, children and elderly were delivered from the murderous hand of the enemy. From the 0-16, twelve brave soldiers remained to ward off the impeding enemy threats. On August 8, 1992 constraints of enemy attacks made the situation more treacherous. The two sides clashed and the battle lasted for 4 hours. Twelve brave Armenian youths, set against the Azerbeijani army, fought valiantly. After the battle was over, and after handing over the exhausted bodies back to the Armenian families, the Azeri General Rustamov was quoted as saying: They fought a bloody battle down to their very last bullet. Consider them your country's pride. These were the exact words of the enemy. Let us respect and honor their memories. Let us meet our brave freedom fighters who gave their last drop of blood to preserve innocent lives.

There were Twelve of them......
        twelve blinks of an eye, twelve spirits forever in our hearts and minds.

© 1996-2002 www.JanFedayi.com All Rights R6 ved
        Designed by: Movses Movsesyan
        I really liked this sad, yet glorious, story, but I have a question. Why does it mention New Year's Eve, if this happened in August?

Comment

Thanks! They should and deserve to be remembered.
          What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Shushi: The Symbol of the Strength of the Armenian Spirit
            By S. Krikorian

When asked about the three necessities for a nation to win a war, the Chinese philosopher Confucius replied, "food, weapons, and spirit." And what are the two most important necessities? "Weapons and spirit." And what's the single most necessary thing for a nation to win a war? "The spirit," replied Confucius.

The liberation of Shushi in May 1992 provides ample proof that Confucius was right. The Azerbaijani forces barricaded inside the fortress-city outnumbered the Armenian freedom fighters, had huge stocks of arms and ammunitions that they later left to the freedom fighters, their position was impregnable, and militarily it's always easier to defend than to attack.

With all these advantages for the Azerbaijani side, how did the Armenian fighters emerge victorious from the battle of Shushi? It was undoubtedly their spirit. That spirit that the Turks could never understand, consequently they were and still are looking for the reasons for their defeat in all the wrong places, by blaming the Russians for assisting the Armenians, or by blaming the internal feuds within the Azerbaijani leadership.

But on May 8-9, 1992, the Armenian spirit was winning and was sending the first signals that the war in Artsakh was going to be won by the Armenians, sooner or later. We suffered heavy losses after the battle of Shushi. We lost Shahumian, Mardakert, and other regions, but the drive toward final victory in Artsakh began on the walls of Shushi.

The liberation of Shushi was the most important page of the war in Karabagh. It became a symbol of the invincibility of the Armenian spirit. The liberation of Shushi will surely have a ominent place in the textbooks of Armenian History. All Armenian children should see the steep hill that Ashod Ghoulian and his battalion climbed. It is difficult even to imagine how a person can climb that rock carrying more than 50 pounds of military gear. It is unimaginable, but it is a historical fact.

The liberation of Shushi must continue. We must repopulate Shushi with thirty to forty thousand Armenians, creating the necessary jobs and adequate living conditions for them, organizing the spiritual and cultural aspects of their daily life, transforming Shushi into the strongest area of our land and once again making this impregnable city inaccessible to our enemies.

Shushi must become the capital city of the Armenian spirit.

What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Siamanto View Post
              Shushi: The Symbol of the Strength of the Armenian Spirit
              By S. Krikorian

When asked about the three necessities for a nation to win a war, the Chinese philosopher Confucius replied, "food, weapons, and spirit." And what are the two most important necessities? "Weapons and spirit." And what's the single most necessary thing for a nation to win a war? "The spirit," replied Confucius.

The liberation of Shushi in May 1992 provides ample proof that Confucius was right. The Azerbaijani forces barricaded inside the fortress-city outnumbered the Armenian freedom fighters, had huge stocks of arms and ammunitions that they later left to the freedom fighters, their position was impregnable, and militarily it's always easier to defend than to attack.

With all these advantages for the Azerbaijani side, how did the Armenian fighters emerge victorious from the battle of Shushi? It was undoubtedly their spirit. That spirit that the Turks could never understand, consequently they were and still are looking for the reasons for their defeat in all the wrong places, by blaming the Russians for assisting the Armenians, or by blaming the internal feuds within the Azerbaijani leadership.

But on May 8-9, 1992, the Armenian spirit was winning and was sending the first signals that the war in Artsakh was going to be won by the Armenians, sooner or later. We suffered heavy losses after the battle of Shushi. We lost Shahumian, Mardakert, and other regions, but the drive toward final victory in Artsakh began on the walls of Shushi.

The liberation of Shushi was the most important page of the war in Karabagh. It became a symbol of the invincibility of the Armenian spirit. The liberation of Shushi will surely have a ominent place in the textbooks of Armenian History. All Armenian children should see the steep hill that Ashod Ghoulian and his battalion climbed. It is difficult even to imagine how a person can climb that rock carrying more than 50 pounds of military gear. It is unimaginable, but it is a historical fact.

The liberation of Shushi must continue. We must repopulate Shushi with thirty to forty thousand Armenians, creating the necessary jobs and adequate living conditions for them, organizing the spiritual and cultural aspects of their daily life, transforming Shushi into the strongest area of our land and once again making this impregnable city inaccessible to our enemies.

Shushi must become the capital city of the Armenian spirit.

http://www.panarmenian.net/library/eng/?nid=64&cid=8
              Շուշի՛, Շուշի՛, Շուշի՛... Եալլա՜... Շնորհակալ եմ, Սիամանթո:

Comment

Working...
              X