Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Birth rate in Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haykakan
    replied
    Re: Birth rate in Armenia

ARMENIA'S POPULATION DOWN (VIDEO)

17:01 | July 31,2015 | Social

Armenia's resident population was 3 550 000 as of July 1, 2015 - a drop
    by 4,300 people against the same period of 2014, Karine Kuyumjyan,
    Head of Census and Demography Department at the National Statistical
    Service (NSS), said on July 31.

She says fertility rate has fallen by 2,8 percent.

"A total of 18,719 babies were born in first half of 2015 - 19,249 less
    in the first half of 2014," she said. Most births were registered in
    Yerevan, Aragatsotn and Kotayk. The birth rate has fallen dramatically
    in Gegharkunik, Tavush and Syunik regions.

Karine Kuyumjyan added that 7 270 girls and 8 148 boys were born in
    the past five months. .The most popular names among newborn girls were
    Nare, Marie, Maria, Anahit, Milena, Angelina, Ellen, Animand the most
    popular boy names were David, Narek, Tigran, Hayk, Alex, Gor and Arman.

Այս տարվա հուլիսի 1-ի դրությամբ Հայաստանում բնակչության թիվը կազմում է 3 մլն 5500 մարդ։ Նախորդ տարվա համեմատ բնակչության թիվը պակասել է 4300-ով։Այսօր այս տվյ...

She says fertility rate has fallen by 2,8 percent.

Leave a comment:

• Mher
    replied

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
    A typical Armenian hipocrite. Pissing on the country you live in, a country that (in contrast to Armenia's racist immigration policies) has allowed you to be there because your own lovely Armenia is in such a mess you couldn't survive there.
    I don't live in Western Europe so i don't see how that's hypocritical. And Europe's immigration policy is nothing to be proud about considering it's about to complete the transformation of an entire continent into a Paki/Turkish/Arab colony. And I'm not from Armenia, I was born and raised in Iran, where my ancestors have lived for 400 years. We had a great Armenian community numbering in the hundreds of thousands complete with govt funded exclusive Armenian school system, our own division 1 football club, and everything else. Then the tolerant west helped motivate a revolution bringing psychos to power, then proceeded to arm Saddam in an eight year war killing a million people, and when that was over, they proceeded to sanction the economy into complete obliteration and that's when we had to leave. but hey at least they let us in after crushing our community.

and the only thing keeping me from moving to Armenia this minute is my 50,000 dollars of college debt, not the conditions in Armenia.

p.s what racist immigration policy? Who other than Armenians wants to immigrate to Armenia and why?

Leave a comment:

• Haykakan
    replied

People like Bell and Vrej dwell on their hate and are the biggest hypocrites themselves. A great example is when Bell tells you that there are no excuses for the bad things the Armenian government does and people should criticize it regardless of anything but when it comes to criticizing the west or USA ....well you are not allowed to "Pissing on the country you live in". The same types of hypocrisy are used by haters over and over again and it is this irrational use of hypocrisy (applying it to some cases yet not to others) that destroys the credibility of these haters. They are not here in good will-they are here to dwell in their hate and to spread it to others.

Leave a comment:

• bell-the-cat
    replied

Originally posted by Mher View Post
    That's how a normal society works outside of your Western Europe fantasy lalaland.
    A typical Armenian hipocrite. Pissing on the country you live in, a country that (in contrast to Armenia's racist immigration policies) has allowed you to be there because your own lovely Armenia is in such a mess you couldn't survive there.

Leave a comment:

• Mher
    replied

Maybe that's what I wanted to get from you - get you to start talking like a true dark-ages Armenian male. Keep the females secure in the house for housework and breeding. Just the sort of thing to empty Armenia even more! There is no way in a free society to force people to have children. Are you going to dare to tell any woman in Armenia to have more children for the "good of the nation" when those same women are already at the bottom rung of society and the only people in Armenia who seem to get to enjoy the results of the "good of the nation" are the rich corrupt.

Castrate one Dodi Gago-type for every 1000 births - that would get people in Armenia busy babymaking! Or go worship that pompous preening sociopathic Islamofascist oaf Erdogan.
    I never said force people to have children, and I definitely never said force people to have children under the current economic realities. You seem to love to use strawman arguments, amongst many other logical fallacies, as part of your fundamentals of "debating".

Why bring up Dodi Gago? It seems like regardless of what the topic is, you have a ready to go set of negatives to mix into the debate regardless of how irrelevant they are to the topic at hand.

Your depiction of a conservative society seems to be a liberal's caricature of conservatism. How is having kids oppression of women or expecting women to be cleaners and breeders? It seems like in your perfect liberal word people stop having kids and the family becomes whatever you want to call a family. Well whatever you want to call it doesn't change the fact that to produce kids, to maintain, or grow a population you need to reproduce in a standard family. There's nothing backward or dark ages about that. That's how a normal society works outside of your Western Europe fantasy lalaland.

You don't force anyone to do anything. You provide effective incentives for positive population growth. That is not realistic in the current economic conditions of Armenia, but it doesn't mean it couldn't be possible in a few years.

Leave a comment:

• bell-the-cat
    replied

I never tried to minimize, i don't know where you got that from, as usual you read what you want to read, and inject your random opinion to bash Armenia when nobody was objecting to the fact that the underlying causes are economic. It is very much the norm to have only one child in many countries in the world. Countries like the ones I mentioned: S.Korea , Italy, Japan. The number is 2.1 to maintain a population, and that should not be the goal in Armenia. Considering our small insignificant population as a nation we need to increase our population, and Armenia should aim to match the post WWII fertility rate of 3. I wouldn't consider Erdogan backward seeing how he's transformed Turkey from a wasteland to a formidable country in 15 years. Is he a nationalist, and religious, sure, but so am I. I would say he's much more effective a leader than any president Armenia has had. Unlike Aliyev, who is the biggest blessing to Armenia, Erdogan is a serious leader, whose departure I will gladly celebrate.
    Maybe that's what I wanted to get from you - get you to start talking like a true dark-ages Armenian male. Keep the females secure in the house for housework and breeding. Just the sort of thing to empty Armenia even more! There is no way in a free society to force people to have children. Are you going to dare to tell any woman in Armenia to have more children for the "good of the nation" when those same women are already at the bottom rung of society and the only people in Armenia who seem to get to enjoy the results of the "good of the nation" are the rich corrupt.

Castrate one Dodi Gago-type for every 1000 births - that would get people in Armenia busy babymaking! Or go worship that pompous preening sociopathic Islamofascist oaf Erdogan.
    Last edited by bell-the-cat; 03-31-2014, 08:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mher
    replied

Both issues are linked, both are caused by the same underlying problems, problems that are specific to Armenia and that should not be disguised or minimised by making spurious comparisons with other countries. It is not the norm anywhere in the world to "only have one child". Nor is something like 2 children per family a "low fertility rate" except to someone with the backwardness of an Erdogan: an average of slightly over two children per family is the ideal sustainable rate. An Erdogan-think solution to make Armenia's women into babymaking machines, at least 4 per woman, is not a credible solution. The only solution is to solve the underlying problems, starting with the problem-sustainers: the oligarchs, the politicians, the clergy.

Birth rates are low in many developed countires because everyone needs to work due to oppressively high living costs even with higher wages, childcare costs are excessively expensive, housing costs are excessively expensive, and social changes have led to more dispersed and disconnected family units without the extended network of family connections able to provide childcare. None of that is really applicable to Armenia, unless you count husbands who have to work abroad for 11 months of the year.
    I never tried to minimize, i don't know where you got that from, as usual you read what you want to read, and inject your random opinion to bash Armenia when nobody was objecting to the fact that the underlying causes are economic. It is very much the norm to have only one child in many countries in the world. Countries like the ones I mentioned: S.Korea , Italy, Japan. The number is 2.1 to maintain a population, and that should not be the goal in Armenia. Considering our small insignificant population as a nation we need to increase our population, and Armenia should aim to match the post WWII fertility rate of 3. I wouldn't consider Erdogan backward seeing how he's transformed Turkey from a wasteland to a formidable country in 15 years. Is he a nationalist, and religious, sure, but so am I. I would say he's much more effective a leader than any president Armenia has had. Unlike Aliyev, who is the biggest blessing to Armenia, Erdogan is a serious leader, whose departure I will gladly celebrate.

Leave a comment:

• bell-the-cat
    replied

Moreover, a higher fertility rate would make the immigration rate absolutely irrelevant since it plays a much much larger role than migration.
    Both issues are linked, both are caused by the same underlying problems, problems that are specific to Armenia and that should not be disguised or minimised by making spurious comparisons with other countries. It is not the norm anywhere in the world to "only have one child". Nor is something like 2 children per family a "low fertility rate" except to someone with the backwardness of an Erdogan: an average of slightly over two children per family is the ideal sustainable rate. An Erdogan-think solution to make Armenia's women into babymaking machines, at least 4 per woman, is not a credible solution. The only solution is to solve the underlying problems, starting with the problem-sustainers: the oligarchs, the politicians, the clergy.

Birth rates are low in many developed countires because everyone needs to work due to oppressively high living costs even with higher wages, childcare costs are excessively expensive, housing costs are excessively expensive, and social changes have led to more dispersed and disconnected family units without the extended network of family connections able to provide childcare. None of that is really applicable to Armenia, unless you count husbands who have to work abroad for 11 months of the year.
    Last edited by bell-the-cat; 03-30-2014, 06:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mher
    replied

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    ARMENIA HAS ONE OF THE LOWEST BIRTH RATES- MINISTER

YEREVAN, March 27. / ARKA /. The birth rate in Armenia (the total
    number of births per 1,000 of a population each year.) is approximately
    1.4 being one of the worst in the world, economy minister Vahram
    Avanesyan said today.

According to him, low birth rate coupled with migration is one the
    most pressing problems in Armenia. Avanesyan said the perspective
    development strategy of the government for 2014-2025 approved today
    includes measures to address demographic challenges. As for migration,
    the minister said it could be stopped by creating high-paying jobs.

According to the National Statistical Service (NSS), the average
    salary in the country is about 158,000 drams.

According to the NSS, the number of babies born in the country in
    2013 decreased by 1.7% from the previous year to 41,770. The number
    of deaths last year also decreased by 1.6 % to 27,165 . Thus, the
    number of births exceeded the number of deaths by 1.5 times. The
    natural population growth in 2013 was 14,605 people.

According to official numbers, the population of Armenia on January 1,
    2014 was by 9,500 people less than in the beginning of the previous
    year. On January 1, the permanent population stood at 3, 017,400
    people. -0-

- See more at:
    http://arka.am/en/news/society/armen....27dTz3Tm.dpuf
    This is indeed the biggest demographic challenge without a question. Immigration is just a reflection of economic realities that can be reversed in matter of year or two. Fertility on the other hand is a cultural issue that the worlds most potent countries are not able to change. Once it becomes the norm to only have one child, that becomes a difficult norm to change. This is only made worse by the fact that people continue to leave the country side and move towards cities, specially Yerevan. Moreover, a higher fertility rate would make the immigration rate absolutely irrelevant since it plays a much much larger role than migration.

From everything I've heard the average fertility rate in Armenia is 1.7 which though pretty horrendous wouldn't compare to the worst in the world in Italy/Japan/S. Korea at about 1.3. But the difference is all of those countries have a population of >50 mill

Leave a comment:

• Haykakan
    replied

ARMENIA HAS ONE OF THE LOWEST BIRTH RATES- MINISTER

YEREVAN, March 27. / ARKA /. The birth rate in Armenia (the total
    number of births per 1,000 of a population each year.) is approximately
    1.4 being one of the worst in the world, economy minister Vahram
    Avanesyan said today.

According to him, low birth rate coupled with migration is one the
    most pressing problems in Armenia. Avanesyan said the perspective
    development strategy of the government for 2014-2025 approved today
    includes measures to address demographic challenges. As for migration,
    the minister said it could be stopped by creating high-paying jobs.

According to the National Statistical Service (NSS), the average
    salary in the country is about 158,000 drams.

According to the NSS, the number of babies born in the country in
    2013 decreased by 1.7% from the previous year to 41,770. The number
    of deaths last year also decreased by 1.6 % to 27,165 . Thus, the
    number of births exceeded the number of deaths by 1.5 times. The
    natural population growth in 2013 was 14,605 people.

According to official numbers, the population of Armenia on January 1,
    2014 was by 9,500 people less than in the beginning of the previous
    year. On January 1, the permanent population stood at 3, 017,400
    people. -0-

- See more at:
    The birth rate in Armenia (the total number of births per 1,000 of a population each year.) is approximately 1.4 being one of the worst in the world, economy minister Vahram Avanesyan said today.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X