Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Research Sheds Light On Domestic Violence In Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Research Sheds Light On Domestic Violence In Armenia

Its all the same with you Levon. Everybody is a liberal and a feminist. Regardless of the topic for you the problem is always summed up in those two words. We could be discussing cancer and you would point to liberlas and feminists as the cause and should one of the causes turnout to be radiation then it will be radiation emmited by feminists and liberals. Should mr Huckuabee or Chuck Norris or Sara Palin tell you it was radiation or mutation or.. then they will also become feminist liberals. This line of logic is very similar to how religious fanatics think.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      Its all the same with you Levon. Everybody is a liberal and a feminist. Regardless of the topic for you the problem is always summed up in those two words. We could be discussing cancer and you would point to liberlas and feminists as the cause and should one of the causes turnout to be radiation then it will be radiation emmited by feminists and liberals. Should mr Huckuabee or Chuck Norris or Sara Palin tell you it was radiation or mutation or.. then they will also become feminist liberals. This line of logic is very similar to how religious fanatics think.
      Seriously bro, try to read properly before you respond. I'm really getting convinced that you have absolutely no comprehension when it comes to reading.

Did you read Tigranakert's post above? My post was bringing to light a similar point to his, namely that the practice that Bell-the-cat stated had come from our muslim neighbors also exists in the western world in countries that have no muslim neighbors. Can you comprehend this well enough?

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
        Seriously bro, try to read properly before you respond. I'm really getting convinced that you have absolutely no comprehension when it comes to reading.

Did you read Tigranakert's post above? My post was bringing to light a similar point to his, namely that the practice that Bell-the-cat stated had come from our muslim neighbors also exists in the western world in countries that have no muslim neighbors. Can you comprehend this well enough?
        You ridicule Belle by that statement thus implying we Armenians are somehow not effected by the culture of our neighbors. I must congradulate you for making a post without the words liberal or feminine in it.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

You ridicule Belle by that statement thus implying we Armenians are somehow not effected by the culture of our neighbors. I must congradulate you for making a post without the words liberal or feminine in it.
          Wrong, I am now sure that you lack the basic reading comprehension skills one learns in primary school.

Bell's statement implied that the culture of beating women comes from our islamic neighbors, yet I pointed out that this same culture existed in the US 60 years ago (and still does but not in the mainstream), but the US has no islamic neighbors.

Comment

I'd like to know how the questions were framed, what was considered abuse, and how many actually told the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
              Wrong, I am now sure that you lack the basic reading comprehension skills one learns in primary school.

Bell's statement implied that the culture of beating women comes from our islamic neighbors, yet I pointed out that this same culture existed in the US 60 years ago (and still does but not in the mainstream), but the US has no islamic neighbors.
              The abuse of women is a result of a patriarchal society and one sex being physically stronger then another thus the problem exists almost everywhere. In muslim society there is greater repression of women then in western society and yes that does permeate into our culture. The fact that women are abused elsewhere does not mean our society was not influenced by that aspect of islamic culture.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

The abuse of women is a result of a patriarchal society and one sex being physically stronger then another thus the problem exists almost everywhere. In muslim society there is greater repression of women then in western society and yes that does permeate into our culture. The fact that women are abused elsewhere does not mean our society was not influenced by that aspect of islamic culture.
                Wow, mr. feminist, did you get that straight out of a feminazi site? Your entire argument sits on the fact that abuse is something physical, and its always from men to women. Wrong. It's both physical and emotional, it just happens to be that physical abuse is more easily measured and so it appears that physical abuse is more prevalent, and of course, people like you are conditioned to automatically associate physical abuse with men hitting women. Bro, next time your wife denies you "privileges" because she's pissed at something you did or didn't do, and you head to the bar to get smashed, know that you are being abused.

Comment

So women should be given steroids and whips to even things out? Create some Amazon women? Or just the unattractive ones who promote feminism? I see way more men being abused by women who are half their size and the men can't stand up for themselves because of the court systems. I had quite a few male co-workers who were divorced from psychos and paying child support/alimony. Men don't speak up because they're "Men".
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I never said women dont abuse men nor did i say the only kind of abuse is physical (btw i know that some women do physicaly abuse men to). Kanadahye you know i think the USA courts are very much on the womens side because we had this conversation before. It is funny how some here make assumptions about others based not on what others say or do but based on their own prejidices.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

It is funny how some here make assumptions about others based not on what others say or do but based on their own prejidices.
                      I think you should read your own posts beforehand.

The abuse of women is a result of a patriarchal society and one sex being physically stronger then another thus the problem exists almost everywhere.
                      The physically stronger part just screams of a bias towards physical abuse from men to women.
                      The Patriarchal society part just screams of typical feminist ideology.

But you've surprised me by admitting that it's not a one-sided issue, which your previous post didn't point out.

Comment

Working...
                      X