Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia: Future Projects and Developments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia: Future Projects and Developments

Too much Gunja man.

Thanks for the correction Mher......I remember there were big concern about it years a ago and forgot the money they put into it. Very good
    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Chubs View Post
      Actually it was more or less a sarcastic reference to the rant i made when under the influence of prescription medication.
      Good to know. Don't get too caught up based on any commentary that relies on emotional appeal more than logic and hard numbers. This is specially true when it comes to commentary from most of our Diaspora who seem to put down Armenia at every opportunity as if to rid themselves of their guilt of not participating or contributing more to the nation. No where has this been more true than the completely unfounded criticism of ArmeniaFund, or the handling of the Syrian Refugee Crisis, or the totally false presentation that Armenia is amongst the worlds most corrupt nations.

Armenia will not easily cease to exist, but also it wont suddenly rid itself of all its problems. It's a process, but as long as people like us fight for it, it will continue to improve.

The biggest investment any young person can make is visit as often as possible, and ultimately repatriate to Armenia.

I would like to add the likes of Njdeh and Andranik spent a lifetime fighting for Armenia until their very last moment in life in prison/exile respectively, and they died with their life's work seemingly in vein with no independent Armenia. Yet they still struggled for the country till their last breath without losing faith. If they were able to do that, we can keep up our optimism, and continue to contribute to an independent and stable country coming off its first territorial gain and victory in war in 600 years.
      Last edited by Mher; 04-16-2015, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
        Good to know. Don't get too caught up based on any commentary that relies on emotional appeal more than logic and hard numbers. This is specially when it comes to commentary from most of our Diaspora who seem to put down Armenia at every opportunity as if to rid themselves of their guilt of not participating or contributing more to the nation. No where has this been more true than the completely unfounded criticism of ArmeniaFund, or the handling of the Syrian Refugee Crisis, or the totally false presentation that Armenia is amongst the worlds most corrupt nations.

Armenia will not easily cease to exist, but also it wont suddenly rid itself of all its problems. It's a process, but as long as people like us fight for it, it will continue to improve.

The biggest investment any young person can make is visit as often as possible, and ultimately repatriate to Armenia.

I would like to add the likes of Njdeh and Andranik spent a lifetime fighting for Armenia until their very last moment in life in prison/exile respectively, and they died with their life's work seemingly in vein with no independent Armenia. Yet they still struggled for the country till their last breath without losing faith. If they were able to do that, we can keep up our optimism, and continue to contribute to an independent and stable country.
        Im more concerned with insuring the development of the nation, and making sure the leaders know thats their job. We all know Serzh receives financial kickbacks/benefits from the oligarchs, so there is alot of corruption regarding the leadership of Armenia. There really are no other alternatives, we all know Raffi is the result of Western meddling...the other opposition is just oligarchs. Armenia needs a revolution, purely grassroots..which is hard to come by these days. The last thing we want is Armenia to become Ukraine, where politicians are "committing suicide" and extremists run the streets beating up Russians.

I would strive for an independent Armenia, not reliant on Russia or the West economically or militarily. Although NATO is much more beneficial militarily than Russia can ever be, its still not worth it.

Israeli repatriation model cant be replicated unfortunately, they have many things we do not and can never have. (Like a Zionist movement?)

No flood of American Armenians are gonna burst into Armenia anytime soon, or at all. The only repatriates that are very willing are Russian Armenians, the 500 thousand or so that showed up after the fall of the Soviet Union. That doesnt mean Armenian Americans shouldnt come back, but seriously..we all know how quickly Western culture eats people up. There are young Armenian American children calling themselves "middle eastern" instead of Armenian now in America, but in Russia your ethnicity rides with you forever...Russia and the post-Soviet space is literally the only place where I hear people use the term ethnic so much. Its not easily forgotten in Russia compared to the US. Also, a bus ride through Georgia is alot more inexpensive compared to a plane ride to Armenia.

Oh and lets not forget Lebanese and Syrian Armenians, this is why territorial reparations began to make some sense to me (even though its insanity)

Imagine the mobilization of Russian, Lebanese, and Syrian Armenians to repatriate and settle in new territories if Armenia were to receive them...It would really turn not just Armenia's demographic issues around but economic issues around as well. Kars province is largely just a f****** highland wasteland that can be built upon. Would be great, too bad Erdogan is a xxxx and we still haven't found the sacrificial unicorn to start the ceremony for land reparations.
        Last edited by Chubs; 04-16-2015, 09:44 PM.
        Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

This is specially true when it comes to commentary from most of our Diaspora who seem to put down Armenia at every opportunity as if to rid themselves of their guilt of not participating or contributing more to the nation. No where has this been more true than the completely unfounded criticism of ArmeniaFund, or the handling of the Syrian Refugee Crisis, or the totally false presentation that Armenia is amongst the worlds most corrupt nations.

This is why I am on this website daily, to learn and figure out how to contribute to our country. That being said, if I am not welcomed with bread at the airport in June heads will roll!

I disagree with the youngsters moving back. I am seeing more and more interest in Armenia, including myself. Oligarchs make it difficult to go there and set something up but that shouldn't be an excuse. I cannot speak from experience as I am visiting for the first time this summer.
          Last edited by Shant03; 04-17-2015, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Can't remember how I met this Irishman , but I posted about our meeting several months ago.
            Thick Irish accent and we strike up a conversation . Turns out he's from the UN on nuclear matters.
            I mention I'm Armenian and he tells me he's been there repetedly and just came back from Yerevan .
            He's sent by UN along with team for saftey checks at the nuke plant. He told me the place was safe and being run well.
            He told me he loved the country and really enjoyed the food and has many Hayr friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
              Can't remember how I met this Irishman , but I posted about our meeting several months ago.
              Thick Irish accent and we strike up a conversation . Turns out he's from the UN on nuclear matters.
              I mention I'm Armenian and he tells me he's been there repetedly and just came back from Yerevan .
              He's sent by UN along with team for saftey checks at the nuke plant. He told me the place was safe and being run well.
              He told me he loved the country and really enjoyed the food and has many Hayr friends.
              Man am I getting old. I've met so many people I may be getting confused. My above post is true but I now am having trouble remembering if it was a thick Irish brough or a thick Israeli accent.
              Need to search my earlier posts. In either case, he was a rather well heeled intellect sent on regular monitoring of metamor nuke by UN nuke agency.

Comment

I would like to add the likes of Njdeh and Andranik spent a lifetime fighting for Armenia until their very last moment in life in prison/exile respectively, and they died with their life's work seemingly in vein with no independent Armenia. Yet they still struggled for the country till their last breath without losing faith. If they were able to do that, we can keep up our optimism, and continue to contribute to an independent and stable country coming off its first territorial gain and victory in war in 600 years.
                Well said.
                We the people of Mt Ararat.

btw, anyone calling for revolution is helping Turkey and Azerbaijan, just what they want....remember that you young bucks
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                  Well said.

btw, anyone calling for revolution is helping Turkey and Azerbaijan, just what they want....remember that you young bucks
                  Well said. Of paramount importance.
                  On the world stage, we need a steady hand that is not jerked around from election to election.
                  ----- OF PARAMOUNT ----- importance!!!
                  The fact that great changes are dearly needed does --- NOT --- mean our path on the international stage should make some dramatic changes as our internal affairs need.
                  My opinion, we need to make dramatic social changes by actual participation and anticipation of participation as Mher & Tsov amongst others have repeatly expressed.
                  Action by enough go us --- CAN --- actually make an ASTONISH difference.
                  Also it may be the most practicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                    Well said.

I agree, political instability will lead to azerbaijan taking advantage of the situation like in 2008...Ive said it before, I dont mind the government...but they are just so inactive when it comes to, at least it just feels inactive ya know? As if nothing is being done?

Idk, its just this weird feeling I get when I read up on news about Armenia...I see no news of reform, no news about corruption getting stamped on..

Turkey owes Armenians collectively 100 billion dollars. That much money would go to the new power plant, domestic reforms, investment, etc...

but it would be a waste with the level of corruption we have now...
                    Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
                      This is why I am on this website daily, to learn and figure out how to contribute to our country. That being said, if I am not welcomed with bread at the airport in June heads will roll!

I disagree with the youngsters moving back. I am seeing more and more interest in Armenia, including myself. Oligarchs make it difficult to go there and set something up but that shouldn't be an excuse. I cannot speak from experience as I am visiting for the first time this summer.
                      How long are you going to be there, and are you just visiting or doing any specific program? If you're going by yourself and not with family, I strongly recommend applying for and doing Birthright Armenia, because it gives you an experience you won't gain with 10 visits as a tourist. I'd been there three times before I did Birthright, and I learned 10 times more about the country, than I had learned in total visiting the as a tourist. I'm also going to be there June-September.

Look there's no doubt the oligarchs have their hands in some key sectors of the economy. But first of all, what they deal with is massive imports of key goods like sugar, in the tens of millions of dollars. That doesn't affect most ordinary people who might go set up a small business employing 10-20 people. In most sectors you are more than welcome to go invest and set up and run your business and nobody is going to bother you. In fact Armenia regularly ranks in the 30s and 40s of Freedom of Doing Business rankings in the world.

Second of all, there are many Diasporans who have set up massive businesses in key industries, like auto imports, and even industries like telecom that are essentially monopolized everywhere, including in America. And they have done it successfully, becoming the dominant force in the industry, and reducing consumer prices. If they have done, I assume its reasonable for most people to do it.

Read About Ralph Yirikian, Lebanese Armenian
                      One of the largest employers and taxpayers in Armenia, who promotes patriotism as well as social welfare as corporate themes. Viva Cell now controls something like 80-90% of the market, and it has driven prices down greatly, while making Armenia a global leader in cellular technology and standards

Comment

Working...
                      X