Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia: Future Projects and Developments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenia: Future Projects and Developments

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
    And by your same standards, what right have you to praise these buildings since you also do not live there?

If you want to ask what those who live in Yerevan think, perhaps you should ask the people who were thrown out of their homes in central Yerevan to make way for these monstrosities, and given compensation that was so small that not only were they unable to buy one of these new properties, they couldn't even afford to buy some old soviet-period flat in the suburbs.
    I'm sorry i forgot to mention that i got 2 apartments and one of them are constantly on rent , and every year we maintain it very well, so yes i have something more to say about my city,

One of my grandmothers will have to move in other apartment which will be given to here accordingly to the standards of here old house or she has the option to take the money , all is agreeable accordingly the stage for the plan and the neighbors which will have to move also ,

The problem is like my grandmother, she don't wont to move in some new apartment away from center , the other is the money if they give here allot i dont know what will her do , i don't wont her here so i said to her take the apartment at least its new and better than the old one !!!

bell today's yerevans problems is mostly like how i described to you if you are about to leave for future projects . There is problems i also like more green and more parks, but all of these is done only if i voice the to the public or i have the money to make it happen my self... pretty much like all the other modern city's

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
      What a crap! What a bunch of ugly buildings, your taste is really bad. Haha, if there is something that does not MASH well within Yerevan, it's these buildings, especially the second with bricks, tops them all! Most of the buildings being build today in Yerevan at least use Armenian stones and colours which are common in Yerevan.
      I'm not saying to make replicas of them, no one said you had to use bricks, let them use marble or granite; my point is that the buildings i posted draw from classical architechture. Of course there should still be skyscrappers and all that, but it's not like Armenia has the money to go all out an be a city of mostly metal and glass like Hong Kong or Dubai, but they do have the money to make buildings that look like they could belong in any European Capital, which are always among the most famous capitals for a reason.

As far as the ugly brick building, yes it could of been more beautiful with some other kind of stone instead of bricks, but it's dressed up very well. The detail you find on it is beautiful, and that kind of detailing is something that's missing from much of Armenia's newer buildings

A good example of what I mean is the St. Gregory the Illuminator Cathedral. Yes it's impressive b/c it's so big, but compared to any other older Armenian church it's quite plain, even ugly. There's no detail, it's uninspiring, slabs of rock.. Also the top windows look like plug sockets

now look at the Etchmiadzin bell tower

Etchings, details, intricate patterns and designs, angels painted on the inside, very inspiring.

The buildings that are going up in Yerevan need to be works of art, not just replicas of insignificant office buildings you could find anywhere
      Last edited by ara87; 01-23-2012, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
        I'm not saying to make replicas of them, no one said you had to use bricks, let them use marble or granite; my point is that the buildings i posted draw from classical architechture. Of course there should still be skyscrappers and all that, but it's not like Armenia has the money to go all out an be a city of mostly metal and glass like Hong Kong or Dubai, but they do have the money to make buildings that look like they could belong in any European Capital, which are always among the most famous capitals for a reason.
        Totally disagree, it's all about taste and I think your taste is just bad. It's a disgrace that you want Yerevan to build buildings like they could belong in any European Capital, THAT'S THE WHOLE PROBLEM! IT SHOULDN'T LOOK LIKE A RANDOM EUROPEAN CITY!

I have lived in Europe all my life, and it's so boring that most of the cities I have visited all look so similar, no story to tell, no soul, no nothing. Indeed, the reason why it's famous is mostly because of propaganda and money. And I am not talking about old centers or cities like Rome, as it's impossible for Yerevan to build an old capital with all the buildings intact from scratch. Do you even live in Europe? I can easily state that 90% of the buildings being built in Germany / Holland are just disgusting, and Armenians by far build more beautiful buildings than most of the countries I have visited.

Just shut up complaining about everything, we have a shortage of money and funds to build proper homes, and here you are bull xxxxing around on some small details.

Comment

Totally disagree, it's all about taste and I think your taste is just bad. It's a disgrace that you want Yerevan to build buildings like they could belong in any European Capital, THAT'S THE WHOLE PROBLEM! IT SHOULDN'T LOOK LIKE A RANDOM EUROPEAN CITY!

I have lived in Europe all my life, and it's so boring that most of the cities I have visited all look so similar, no story to tell, no soul, no nothing. Indeed, the reason why it's famous is mostly because of propaganda and money. And I am not talking about old centers or cities like Rome, as it's impossible for Yerevan to build an old capital with all the buildings intact from scratch. Do you even live in Europe? I can easily state that 90% of the buildings being built in Germany / Holland are just disgusting, and Armenians by far build more beautiful buildings than most of the countries I have visited.

Just shut up complaining about everything, we have a shortage of money and funds to build proper homes, and here you are bull xxxxing around on some small details.
          I agree with you on a couple of things, you are right the state doesn't have the money to build architectural wonders, and no one is expecting it from them. And the second point that you are right on, the architecture in Holland sucks.

Most of the buildings that are being build today are being built by oligarchs and they have the money to make Yerevan as beautiful as any European capital. However they chose no to do it, rather they build tacky hotels that would make a person puke, (look at the new hotel build in Gyumri). Second point I want to make is that there is to much randomness and not enough planning in the city structure, Armenians are trying to do to much at the same time without much planning.

Yerevan as a city needs planning, they need a real business district like la Défence or the City, secondly they need to stop trying to copy Dubai and Baku, instead find inspiration in old Armenian architecture. They should create their own style instead of building a 30 story high office without a soul.

Some people also need to chill out!

Comment

Yerevan has a unique feel to it and we should make buildings that blend in with the Soviet style Yerevan that has made it unique. Yerevan in all is a city that really developed under Soviets so it has this Soviet charmt to it, at least when my mother was growing up, there was this unique charm to it. While some modern buildings are okay, our building styles should support this charm. The one example that goes against Yerevan's character is the Northern Avenue...
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

400-hectare forest is to be planted in Armenia’s Teghut

January 30, 2012 | 13:25

YEREVAN.- During the coming 12 years 400-hectare forest will be planted near Teghut’s copper-molybdenum deposit in Armenia, Armenia’s Minister of Nature Protection Aram Harutunyan told reporters on Monday.

The newly planted forest will replace the 180 hectare wood which is going to be cut in order to carry out open-pit mining operations in the area.

“We will be informed about the reforestation works. We will decide on the territories in Teghut and neighboring communities which need to be planted,” the minister announced.

To remind, Teghut’s deposit contains Armenia’s second largest copper reserve (1.5 million tons). It also contains around 100 thousand tons molybdenum. Mining works are planned to be started in the area in the end of the 1st quarter of 2012.

Comment

Noah's ark restaurant/hotel? ...any comments?

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                  Noah's ark restaurant/hotel? ...any comments?

haha, there will be no trees left in armenia if they build that.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---
                  "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Latar complex (new 5 star hotel)

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

That Noahs Ark restaurant looks awful. Hopefully that's not a real thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X