Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia: Future Projects and Developments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia: Future Projects and Developments

Originally posted by Mher View Post
    Not a new or future project, but a very unique and interesting place:

Gyumri Pyunic Association for the Disabled
    Erm ... where are the disabled? I don't see anyone in those photos!
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
      I hope you are kidding me, as a native from Leninakan I only see the destruction of the city by Vartanig. If you guys thought Dodi and his ilk were bad you don't know Vartan. And they cannot finish renovating a church for 20 years but can build a 5 star hotel in 1 year. I'm willing to bet that most of the money for the technopark is foreign charity, but we have more than enough money for hotels and ugly mansions.
      If the rebuilding of the church had been quick it would have ended up looking as dreadful as those ugly hotels and mansions. As it is, it is probably going to be a reasonable copy of what it looked like before the destruction. I feel that it probably would have been better to leave it in ruins, perhaps as part of a park, to serve as a permanent monument to those who died in the earthquake - but I guess those living in Gyumri would not have wanted to be faced with such a visual reminder every day.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
        Erm ... where are the disabled? I don't see anyone in those photos!
        I only took these after I was done with work and on my way out, when the children had already left, I'll add more pictures in a few days

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
        Thanks for sharing the pics Mher!
        Youre welcome aper

Comment

I am curious to know, what business should have been set up with the money spent on the Alexandropol hotel? For a business to function one of the ingredients are markets.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

I am curious to know, what business should have been set up with the money spent on the Alexandropol hotel? For a business to function one of the ingredients are markets.
            Are you really trying to defend the building of this hotel?

Comment

If it was built with private money then yes. We have no right to tell someone what to do with their money. Now I know you will say they stole it but that has to be conclusively proven. And I would not be surprised if they did, however, until there is irrefutable proof that they did steal the monies used to construct the hotel, I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Now please answer my original question. What business ought they to create? And when thinking of an answer, please also think of who and where their market will be.
              For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

Any major developments outside of Yerevan? It's not good that all tourism money is going to the capital IMO. I'm sure that, for example, Jermuk would generate lots of foreign interest if infrastructure was developed.

Comment

Originally posted by davidoga View Post
                  Any major developments outside of Yerevan? It's not good that all tourism money is going to the capital IMO. I'm sure that, for example, Jermuk would generate lots of foreign interest if infrastructure was developed.
                  They are building up Dilijan to be a financial hub, and plan to transfer some government offices there in a few years. Jermuk, they have built rest homes and spas, but they are too expensive for most locals to vacation there. The joke is that average Armenians vacation outside of Armenia, while the wealthy vacation in Armenia.

Comment

If it was built with private money then yes. We have no right to tell someone what to do with their money. Now I know you will say they stole it but that has to be conclusively proven. And I would not be surprised if they did, however, until there is irrefutable proof that they did steal the monies used to construct the hotel, I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Now please answer my original question. What business ought they to create? And when thinking of an answer, please also think of who and where their market will be.
                    First thing that could be done is the restoration of the textile industry, the experience and the knowledge is still in the city. During the SU days Leninakan was the textile capital of the whole Caucasus. Then we can move to the production of small arm that can be exported all over the world. It's a billion dollar business worldwide, I think only drugs and financial market is bigger. Anything would have been better than a hotel that most Armenians cannot use and is ugly as hell.

The real question, that every patriot should ask is: how can a mayor in Armenia afford to build a hotel like this?

Comment

Armanen and Mos (and their whole class of "superior Armenians") are always defending Armenia's criminal oligarchs and the corrupt parts of the Armenian Church. They need each other to survive, so always support each other.
                      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                      X