Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian hero’s monument opened in Sochi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenian hero�s monument opened in Sochi

Originally posted by Artsakh View Post
    It seems like you cannot understand the simple fact that the issue of the statute is a community issue regarding Russian citizens of Armenian descent. By making it bigger than it actually is, it shows your sillyness and you immaturity regarding politics. A few years back there was an issue regarding lowering the US flag in the city of glendale to half-staff in honor of the victims of the Armenian genocide. community members debated the issue passionately. In the end, the city decided against putting lowering the flag to half staff. This was only a community matter. Only an idiot would link this to foreign policy issues, and geo-politics. it is an internal, domestic issue on the community level. The point is, you have no point.

I was the first one here to mention how it was wrong to go ahead with putting it up without approval. that's not the issue here. YOu're mixing up Armenia's foreign policy and interlinking it with ordinary Armenians feelings towards not allowing the statute. That's quite a stupid linkage. Armenia's government is not compromising it's relations with strategic parthner russia over the statute--it is internal russian domestic matters, none of the business of Armenia in the first place.

Obviously, you know nothing about statehood, nationhood. What differeniates nations? What differentiates the Turk from the Armenian? why is it that you even care about Armenia? Nations have national figures. Armenians that led the struggle, gave their lives, so that Armenians can stay Armenian, preserve their faith. These are the very figures responsible for Armenian exeistance. A nation that does not honor the memory of its heroes, those that gave their lives for the nation, is a doomed nation. It is their struggle that we're continuing, otherwise, what are we fighting for anyways?

a statute is perpetuating the memory, and not letting it be forgotten.

let me put it like this, IF A STATUTE IS SO UNIMPORTANT, WHY ARE TURKS SO AGAINST IT? BECAUSE THEY WANT US TO FORGET OUR HEROES, THEY WANT US TO FORGET 'STRUGGLE'.

During the artsakh struggle, author andranig chalabian wrote the book, "Revolutionary figures" as inspiration for Artsakh freedom fighters. he didn't say, "what wil a small thing like a book change." only small minds with no soul and no heart won't understand what it could change.

As for what soghomon tehlerians monument has done, i believe it was not coincidental that the brave city of Fresno produced two great freedom fighters from the diaspora:

Karo Qaqejian:

Monte Melkonian:

It is you who made it a big issue and started spreading your Russophobic ideas. You views on Russia are well known, as well as on Serj. If I remember correctly you were the one who supported ltp in 2007/8. Now you are lecturing me about nationalism and geopolitics? And fyi, internal issues can quickly become external ones. Case in point, a street trader lighting himself on fire in January and now we have the so called Arab Spring. I am not saying that this statue issue will become something like that, just pointing out how things are inter related and we should not treat them as if they exist in a vacuum.

I never mentioned the Armenian government making this a foreign policy issue, if anything, the Armenian government suggested that the Armenians of Sochi follow the city order and work with the local government to come to an agreement. As has been stated, Adler, a suburb of Sochi, was chosen as the location. End of story.

Oh, I am glad the statue brought 2 men from a city that had over 25,000 people of Armenian descent. Exceptions do not prove the rule, and there is barely a correlation here either. Let's remember one thing, it was the Armenians of Artsakh that did the vast majority of the fighting and dying, not the big talking diaspora.
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
      It is you who made it a big issue and started spreading your Russophobic ideas. You views on Russia are well known, as well as on Serj. If I remember correctly you were the one who supported ltp in 2007/8. Now you are lecturing me about nationalism and geopolitics?
      I am not a Russophone. Secondly, LTP had support of the overwhelming majority of the Yerkrapah union of war veteran, including General Manvel--who is hardline and opposes the return of ANY territories. LTP had the backing Jirayr Seiflyan. LTP had the backing of Sassoun Mikaleyan. It was not in agreement with LTP that they backed LTP, but to oust Serje for his defeatist views.

If you're not forgetting, Serje when he came to power undertook many things that LTP was accused of. The protocol, putting the genocide under question, and recognizing turkey's boundaries--something that even ltp didn't dare to do.

If was only after the Turks made a fool of him and embarrased the his govt after tricking them into signing the protocols did he change his stance, after he got a taste what turks were made of. the serj sarkissian administration has still failed to void the failed protocols, especially after the turks continually link it to a pro-azeri settlement of the nk conflict. this is not good policy. Also bad policy is continuing to negotiate under duresss while azeris are violating the ceassefire. In effect, Serje DID what your types accused LTP WOULD DO.

Oh, I am glad the statue brought 2 men from a city that had over 25,000 people of Armenian descent. Exceptions do not prove the rule, and there is barely a correlation here either. Let's remember one thing, it was the Armenians of Artsakh that did the vast majority of the fighting and dying, not the big talking diaspora
      That sounds Armeno-phobic to me.

Comment

I am not a Russophone. Secondly, LTP had support of the overwhelming majority of the Yerkrapah union of war veteran, including General Manvel--who is hardline and opposes the return of ANY territories. LTP had the backing Jirayr Seiflyan. LTP had the backing of Sassoun Mikaleyan. It was not in agreement with LTP that they backed LTP, but to oust Serje for his defeatist views.

If you're not forgetting, Serje when he came to power undertook many things that LTP was accused of. The protocol, putting the genocide under question, and recognizing turkey's boundaries--something that even ltp didn't dare to do.

If was only after the Turks made a fool of him and embarrased the his govt after tricking them into signing the protocols did he change his stance, after he got a taste what turks were made of. the serj sarkissian administration has still failed to void the failed protocols, especially after the turks continually link it to a pro-azeri settlement of the nk conflict. this is not good policy. Also bad policy is continuing to negotiate under duresss while azeris are violating the ceassefire. In effect, Serje DID what your types accused LTP WOULD DO.

All those military men you just listed are idiots when it comes to politics and should have stuck to what they know best, military strategy. Would you be ok with an MP wanting to become a general in the Armenian military? If the manvel you mention is the choban from Etchmiadzin then you have really discredited yourself. He is one of the most corrupt and uncouth people in Armenia.

Open borders with turkey was a good idea and still remains so. Turkey has nothing major to gain from open borders. It was under pressure from Russia and the US to make an attempt but the azeri's used their influence and the turkish nationalists riled up the public. Armenia on the other had did have much to gain, such as a new route to the outside world, huge market, and the dependence on the banana republic of georgia would drop considerably thus enhancing Armenia's security. It is certain hysterical elements within the diaspora who tried to paint Serj and co as wanting to sell out the nation, again showing their political immaturity.

Anyway, this issue has been discussed at length and further talk of it belongs in the relevent thread, not this one.

That sounds Armeno-phobic to me.
        You support ltp, it does not get anymore Armenophobic than that.

The Real face of Levon Ter Petrosyan ( HAK ) part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntwAX...mbedded#at=482

The Real face of Levon Ter Petrosyan ( HAK ) - part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTFSa...eature=related
        For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

That's not what a Syrian-Armenian friend from Allepo told me. He said for the past few years the government has limited Armenian political activities when they touch upon the Genocide, which is really the only political issue that Armenians in the Middle East diaspora get involved in.
          This is from this year http://www.mfa.am/en/gallery/item/2011/04/24/syria/
          A couple of years ago http://www.azad-hye.net/news/viewnew...wsId=621azzj41

I don't know what political activity the Halebtsi is talking about but in general political activities are not allowed in Syria anyway .

Middle Eastern Armenians are active in repatriation activities and Artsakh/Javakhk issue too. I think Artsakh has an office open in Lebanon and Lebarmos were one of strongest contributors to the Artsakh war.
          Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
            This is from this year http://www.mfa.am/en/gallery/item/2011/04/24/syria/
            A couple of years ago http://www.azad-hye.net/news/viewnew...wsId=621azzj41

I don't know what political activity the Halebtsi is talking about but in general political activities are not allowed in Syria anyway .

Middle Eastern Armenians are active in repatriation activities and Artsakh/Javakhk issue too. I think Artsakh has an office open in Lebanon and Lebarmos were one of strongest contributors to the Artsakh war.

I'll be speaking with him again real soon and I will ask for specific examples. As for the Armenians from Lebanon, I know some went but how many? No more than a few hundred at most (from what I know).

Comment

All those military men you just listed are idiots when it comes to politics and should have stuck to what they know best, military strategy.
              You are a hypocrite. You criticize Frenso and diasporan Armenians because not enough of them joined the armed struggle in Artsakh (I'm sure all your uncles and cousins went ), and yet mock the very natives who put their life on the line, faught for, and liberated Armenian territory as being idiots when it comes to politics. You know what, when you become a citizen of Armenia and live there, and put your life on the line defending its boundaries, then and only then will you have any right to voice any opinion whatsoever regarding how best to manage the country. I don't know what Institute of Political Governance Serj Sarkissian earned his phd from, but Serje is a man just like the rest of them and he's got so special gene to make him a politician and the rest idiots.

If the manvel you mention is the choban from Etchmiadzin then you have really discredited yourself. He is one of the most corrupt and uncouth people in Armenia.
              Manvel would have you for lunch! Don't talk so big behind a computer, it is silly.

Turkey has nothing major to gain from open borders. It was under pressure from Russia and the US to make an attempt but the azeri's used their influence and the turkish nationalists riled up the public. Armenia on the other had did have much to gain, such as a new route to the outside world, huge market, and the dependence on the banana republic of georgia would drop considerably thus enhancing Armenia's security. It is certain hysterical elements within the diaspora who tried to paint Serj and co as wanting to sell out the nation, again showing their political immaturity.
              In line with LTP's views.

You support ltp, it does not get anymore Armenophobic than that.

The Real face of Levon Ter Petrosyan ( HAK ) part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntwAX...mbedded#at=482

The Real face of Levon Ter Petrosyan ( HAK ) - part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTFSa...eature=related
              I don't support LTP at all. However, I would advise you send those links to President Serj Sargsyan, who is currently in dealings with LTP to cut a power sharing deal ahead of the elections coming up.

Comment

I would rather Russia doesn't rcognize the AG than to make us tear down the Statue of our good General and relocate it, for the Turks.

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                ...and I highly doubt Russians would betray us like that for Turks).
                I like your optimism.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Manvel would have you for lunch!
                  Very primitive form of politics !!

Are you implying he is a very primitive politician?
                  Last edited by londontsi; 06-13-2011, 11:39 PM.
                  Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                  Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                  Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
                    Very primitive form of politics !!

Are you implying he is a very primitive politician?
                    No, he's not a politician at all. He's a military man, a fearless lion who puts shiver down the boots of his enemies, domestic and external (ie azeris).

god i love this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Last edited by Artsakh; 06-14-2011, 12:05 AM.

Comment

No, he's not a politician at all. He's a military man, a fearless lion who puts shiver down the boots of his enemies, domestic and external (ie azeris).

god i love this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      I have no doubt he is a good man and a good patriot.
                      I was only responding to your characterization.
                      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Working...
                      X