Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Good things that the Armenian government does

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good things that the Armenian government does

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
    I am not talking militarily or anything regarding Artsakh, because those are the two departments where the Armenian government is competent and is delivering!
    Do you include in that competence its continuous and continuing refusal to recognise the republic?
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

ARMENIA TO UNILATERALLY LIFT VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR EU CITIZENS

arminfo
      Wednesday, January 9, 13:28

On Jan 10 Armenia will unilaterally lift visa requirements for EU
      citizens.

>From now on they will be able to stay in Armenia without visa for 90
      days a year.

Armenia is the fourth former Soviet republic (after Ukraine, Georgia
      and Moldova) to have unilaterally lifted visa requirements for EU
      citizens.

Armenia has bilateral visa-free agreements with over 20 countries,
      including Georgia, Russia and most of the former Soviet republics.

To note, Armenia's Association Agreement with the EU implies relax
      visa requirements.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        ARMENIA TO UNILATERALLY LIFT VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR EU CITIZENS

arminfo
        Wednesday, January 9, 13:28

On Jan 10 Armenia will unilaterally lift visa requirements for EU
        citizens.

>From now on they will be able to stay in Armenia without visa for 90
        days a year.

Armenia is the fourth former Soviet republic (after Ukraine, Georgia
        and Moldova) to have unilaterally lifted visa requirements for EU
        citizens.

Armenia has bilateral visa-free agreements with over 20 countries,
        including Georgia, Russia and most of the former Soviet republics.

To note, Armenia's Association Agreement with the EU implies relax
        visa requirements.
        Thats the good news,the bad side is .. no Armenian with double citizenship cant yet go back to Armenia cause of army requirements .http://jurist.am/en/millitary
        Now i'm serving in Greek army .. but cause we do 9 months .. i still cant go back ..to visit my home in Yerevan...still i have to do army in Armenia for 2 years :O ..... what kind of law is this not allowing armenians to even visit for tourism..

The best part is that when i will become 27 and i would like to return i have to pay 5600 euros in fine cause i didn't join army in Armenia.
        Thinking that all ArmenianS have relatives outside of the country why nobody vote or think about this major problem?.... time have show to these government that their policies just dont work.... FIX THEM GOD DAMMIT.

Comment

Tell us more about your experiences in the Greek army, UrMistake. Do you serve alongside other Armenians? Are members of the Turkish minority in northeastern Greece required to serve in the military?

Comment

I dont know about turkish minority in thrache ,i assume they have greek citizenship so they have to join .. there is also seperate section for the to be able enter university with lower grades , named for muslims of Greece,
            You know what they say about us , everywere you can find one armenian :-D so i have found some.
            Few armenians and good patriots with those guys we joined greek forces of cyprus,we are seperated in other units,things are'good our guys in SF are one of the best.Cypriot army is a lil different than greek, like artsax with armenia.
            One side note, people Armenian army has the best soldiers and the best machinery,soldiers with spirit and mind.I had to see that.Every armenian mother give birth to a new Hayk,in greece officers respect armenians others had armenian friends back in the academy , same with cypriot ones.
            The problem is armenia must allow this people to be able to return and care for their future,we can do so great things, few or in numbers.

Comment

They have given youa way to return. Pay the fee and return. If they wave this reqirement almost all young men will leave to avoid service. Save some money and pay the fee.
              Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
              I dont know about turkish minority in thrache ,i assume they have greek citizenship so they have to join .. there is also seperate section for the to be able enter university with lower grades , named for muslims of Greece,
              You know what they say about us , everywere you can find one armenian :-D so i have found some.
              Few armenians and good patriots with those guys we joined greek forces of cyprus,we are seperated in other units,things are'good our guys in SF are one of the best.Cypriot army is a lil different than greek, like artsax with armenia.
              One side note, people Armenian army has the best soldiers and the best machinery,soldiers with spirit and mind.I had to see that.Every armenian mother give birth to a new Hayk,in greece officers respect armenians others had armenian friends back in the academy , same with cypriot ones.
              The problem is armenia must allow this people to be able to return and care for their future,we can do so great things, few or in numbers.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                They have given youa way to return. Pay the fee and return. If they wave this reqirement almost all young men will leave to avoid service. Save some money and pay the fee.
                Im sorry i don't have time for in net ,well for just 3 months i have to pay 5600euros? u think thats ok? ... Not every armenian have double citizenship like me and im 25...its just stupid law thats all,its the policy not the concept... even the turks do 14 months and they have 17 million or 26,8% aged till 30...its all connected to right ideas that all armenian parties follow, worst part is the only left party the Dashkanks do nothing they even didnt criticize anyone this year... im away from dashnaks now .. 24 april im going alone like every time...

Comment

I have a somewhat similar question about national service. Are ethnic Armenians who have never held RA citizenship still liable for service?
                  Last edited by davidoga; 01-19-2013, 11:58 AM.

Comment

The 5,600 EUROS will buy you a pardon and you can return to hayastan whenever you like. I do believe that is how it works. Whether you stay for 3 months or a year itis up to you. I dont see anything much stupid about it. If Armenia had 300 million people then it would not need this law but it does not have many people thus those who are alidgable must serve or pay. I think this is more of a security issue then a political one.
                    Im sorry i don't have time for in net ,well for just 3 months i have to pay 5600euros? u think thats ok? ... Not every armenian have double citizenship like me and im 25...its just stupid law thats all,its the policy not the concept... even the turks do 14 months and they have 17 million or 26,8% aged till 30...its all connected to right ideas that all armenian parties follow, worst part is the only left party the Dashkanks do nothing they even didnt criticize anyone this year... im away from dashnaks now .. 24 april im going alone like every time...
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Im sorry i don't have time for in net ,well for just 3 months i have to pay 5600euros? u think thats ok? ...
                      With greatest respect that phrase is more appropriate with other professionals where love does not exist but its just a visit !!
                      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Working...
                      X