Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

MUSEUM OF TOLERENCE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MUSEUM OF TOLERENCE

Los Angeles Daily News, CA
    July 3 2003

MUSEUM NOT PLANNING GENOCIDE EXHIBIT
    By Naush Boghossian
    Staff Writer

GLENDALE -- Museum of Tolerance officials have
    no plans to erect a permanent exhibit on the
    Armenian Genocide despite a campaign by
    Armenian community members, including a six-
    day hunger strike in April.

Rabbi Abraham Cooper, associate dean of the
    Simon Wiesenthal Center, reiterated plans to
    include the Armenian Genocide in a new time
    line on crimes against humanity in the 20th
    century.

The time line, which has been in development
    for months, will be open to the public in the
    museum's main tolerance section early this
    month, he said.

"Certainly, mention of the genocide in the
    timeline is a given ...
    but it is not an exhibit and it is not the
    result of any discussion
    or negotiation with the group. It's part of
    our ongoing educational
    mandate," Cooper said.

The Los Angeles museum, the educational arm of
    the Simon Wiesenthal Center, is a hands-on
    museum that explores the dynamics of racism
    and prejudice in America and the history of
    the Holocaust. The Western Region of the
    Armenian National Committee of America had
    issued a press release saying museum officials
    promised to debut a major exhibit on the
    genocide by July 1.

About 30 activists and leaders of the Armenian
    community attended the museum Tuesday, then
    demanded their money back after they were told
    there was no exhibit dedicated to the Armenian
    Genocide.

"The leadership of this group was well aware
    that their press release
    was put out erroneously," Cooper said.
    "They're obviously looking for political
    limelight, and they're manipulating young
    people in the
    community. It's an emotional issue."

Ardashes Kassakhian, director of the Western
    Region ANC, said the
    organization stands by its press release and
    blamed the museum for
    being unclear about its intentions.

"By acting ignorant of the community's
    concerns and inquiries, and
    responding to the serious concerns in a
    patronizing and dismissive
    fashion, (the museum) is only pouring salt on
    the wound of the
    survivors of the Armenian Genocide -- those
    very wounds that are kept open by Turkey's
    modern-day denial," he said.

Armenian leaders insist the museum should have
    a permanent exhibit devoted to the first
    genocide of the 20th century in which more
    than 1 million Armenians living in the Ottoman
    Turkish Empire were killed in 1915.

Turks have denied a genocide occurred, arguing
    those slain were
    casualties of wartime.

"Since the opening of the museum, an inclusion
    of the Armenian
    Genocide in the permanent exhibits of the
    museum has been awkwardly absent," Kassakhian
    said.

The museum, which opened in 1993, screens a
    film presentation that
    mentions the Armenian Genocide along with the
    genocides in Cambodia and of indigenous people
    in South America, but Kassakhian said that is
    not enough.

During the last several months, the Armenian
    National Committee and the Armenian Youth
    Federation launched a grass-roots campaign,
    including calls and faxes from thousands of
    Armenians nationwide to the museum. The
    efforts culminated in April's failed hunger
    strike.

On average, 50 people visit the Armenian
    National Committee's Website each day,
    Kassakhian said, to send faxes to the museum
    requesting a permanent exhibit on the
    genocide.

The Holocaust is blown out of proportion.

It has reached to a level of "religion" among Jews.

The religion of "Shoah" as they say, or "Shoah Business". It's a multi million dollar industry.

I wouldn't want our genocide to reach to that level of material poisoning.

If you don't believe me read the book by Norman Finklestein, a Jew himself, titled, " The Holocaust Industry".
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Hey Anonymouse, i once asked my teacher why the jews' Genocide everybody knew about, and the Armenian Genocide know one knew jack xxxx about, he said that the holocaust was planned, hitler sat down and made plans and made camps and xxxx just to kill jews while other people just tried to wipe out a race, i looked my teacher in the face and i said " Are you stupid? Do you know what the hell you're talking about? please next time i talk to you, know what the xxxx you're saying" well i got 3 weeks detention, BUT i know one thing, the armenian Genocide will never be as famous as the jews, i think the jews hate us, cause jews think they're the smartest people in the world, well, they are smart business wise but we have the upper hand mentally, jews know we're smarter than them, therefore they dislike us, i dislike jews, but that is just my opinion.

Comment

Anon i agree with you, but when they promise something they must keep it!
        and Genocide this world is being ruled by Israel so don't expect much for
        our benefit. Whatever happens it must be good first for Israel and then for
        the rest :?

Comment

Originally posted by Genocide
          Hey Anonymouse, i once asked my teacher why the jews' Genocide everybody knew about, and the Armenian Genocide know one knew jack xxxx about, he said that the holocaust was planned, hitler sat down and made plans and made camps and xxxx just to kill jews while other people just tried to wipe out a race, i looked my teacher in the face and i said " Are you stupid? Do you know what the hell you're talking about? please next time i talk to you, know what the xxxx you're saying" well i got 3 weeks detention, BUT i know one thing, the armenian Genocide will never be as famous as the jews, i think the jews hate us, cause jews think they're the smartest people in the world, well, they are smart business wise but we have the upper hand mentally, jews know we're smarter than them, therefore they dislike us, i dislike jews, but that is just my opinion.
          First of all, I would like to see evidence that the "Holocaust" was planned. Remember back then it wasn't called the "Holocaust", it's just a modern term.

Second of all, the usual pea brained response to someone asking for evidence of a meticulous planning and constructing, is the "Final Solution". Rest assured, for there is no documentary evidence that Hitler gave any order to exterminate Jews. Instead they wanted Jews to leave Europe and that explains the Nazis' alliance with early Zionists in sending Jews to Palestine. The original plan was to rellocate Jews to Madagascar.

I do not agree with either killing or rellocating or anything of the like, to me anything that is discomforting to someone and poses a threat to their livelihood by anyone is wrong. I sympathize with Jews in that regard, but I sympathize with Armenians, Cambodians and anyone else, and no one "genocide" or "holocaust" should be advertising more than the other to gain more "attention" or because "more people suffered" or "it is more important". I do not hate Jews, but I do not agree with how alot of them have blown the "Holocaust" into a major multi million dollar industry, and a justification for the existence of the State of Israel and its policy of hatred and exclusion towards Arabs.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

israel is the most xxxxed up country in the world, right after turkey of course

Comment

Working...
            X