Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia and the information war

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
    and as usual the mods here look on as if this is some kind of funny play and not a serious public forum. This is just too pathetic and sad.
    The mods are only hard on Armenians, foreigners are allowed to say anything they want. Just like our great hero Garegin Njdeh said:

When dealing with foreign powers and issues, our press adopts a permissive, forgiving, and subservient tone. With our own internal problems, however, it becomes arrogant, vindictive, vicious.

Comment

and as usual the mods here look on as if this is some kind of funny play and not a serious public forum.
      If this were a serious public forum then I hope you and the posters on either side of your post would be quickly gone, or, better still, would never have arrived.

I do think this place could be a serious forum - and even if, ultimately, it is proven that it can't be, shouldn't there be at least an attempt at making it into a serious forum? One good fact is that its owner seesm ot takes a hands-off approach to its content - the forum is not constrained to follow whatever ideology or opinions its owner personally holds. I think that the current set of moderators are doing an acceptable job - and they are probably not getting much gratitude for doing it. They are not a bunch of bigots or unthinking nationalists, or overly trigger-happy or power-hungry, and they seem intelligent. So if I am approaching a moderator to do something, I am still doing it with the expectation that they will look reasonably at the request, and not with the expectation that they will ignore me because of blatant bias. However, the problem I see is that there are no long-term aspirations to make things better, there is just a lot of running to make things not get worse.

And the content of most of this thread does nothing towards winning an information war, or towards indicating that such a war has any chance of being won anytime soon. This forum seems to make more enemies that it makes allies.
      Last edited by bell-the-cat; 05-19-2011, 02:45 PM.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
        If only they were that easy to kill in real battles! Even lemings have more sense of self-preservation than those Azeri soldiers! One wonders about the psychology of the intended audience.

Near the end did you see the grenade falling in from a hole in a roof - then in the next scene the same building is shown from the outside with a completely intact pitched roof and nowhere for a grenade to fall through. Maybe Azeris' think Armenians hide in their attics, just waiting to drop grenades onto them.
        They were dropping like flies during the war so that's probably the closest this movie comes to the word "accurate". But let's not kid ourselves, the Azeri defeat was worse than Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined ! Armenians probably replace the Boogeyman story parents tell their children.

It is no worse than mos and his ilk do, and do in about every post they make. So either start enforcing the rules universally, or remain silent on everything.
        No, "Mos and his ilk" contribute to the forum with posts that go beyond talking about a certain member saying this or that. You mentioning Tigranakert every couple of posts is in line with Tigranakert mentioning you every couple of posts. It does not help that most of the threads where these conflicts happen are of mutual interest so I suggest we all go back to refraining from acts of baiting and comment on post.

As for Persopolis, he goes out of his way to go after Mos at every opportunity he gets because of some past quotes he dug up of Mos (before Persopolis even was member) with which Persopolis disagrees. Mos has continuously reminded him that those are old posts that do not represent his views yet he continues to bring these up.
        Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
        Lose as much patience as you want ... Iranians know how to lose patience too, particularly someone like me.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        To:

The Hon. Seyyed Ali Khameini;
        The Hon. Minister of Foreign Affairs, Manouchehr Mottaki;
        The Hon. Minister of Justice, Seyed Morteza Bakhtiary;
        The Hon. Minister of Defense & Logistics, Sardar Ahmad Vahidi;

[e-mail addresses redacted]

Some questions have been posed in relation to Iranians on an Armenian forum known as HyeClub [ http://forum.hyeclub.com/ ]. They are the type of questions and commentaries that I believe merit your attention and that of the respective ministries.

The following web link should also be of some interest
        [ http://forum.hyeclub.com/showthread....nian-relations ]:

The several-year pattern of questions and comments are of the following variety:

QUOTATIONS:

Originally Posted by Mos
        Go pray towards Mecca and shout 'allahu akbar'

Originally Posted by Mos
        Iranians are becoming cancer to Armenia and should be deported.

Originally Posted by EdoJan
        is it true your people sleep with sheep and your women are hairier then your men? Is it true that true Persians just pray all day and envision murdering and raping your women while those (millions) who have Armenian blood in them get some education and stop wasting so many peoples time on this site? Is it true that your entire race was bread like dogs for numbers so they can just fight? Is it true that this is why Shah Abbas forced Armenians to come over so your race will stop sleeping with sheep and have some culture imported? Is it true that most lighter skinned smart Persians are actually armenians who were forced into Islam? Is it true that after revolution when all the smart Armenians and Convert Armenians left your couldn't even operate single plant and were SOL? Is it true that most women in Iran carry knifes and guns in fear of being raped and groped everywhere they go?

Should the moderators of the online forum whish to elaborate on the nature of the type of questions and comments that have been displayed vis-à-vis Iranians for several years, I have taken the liberty of providing a link where they can directly pose those comments:

c/o http://www.leader.ir/langs/en/index.php?p=istifta

Thank you for your attention.
        Are you serious with this post ? You do know that this forum is PRO-ARMENIAN in nature, right?

Some members do not share your rosy view of Iran, get over it. Explain to them why you think their views are nonsense. To add that the vast majority of members have not displayed much hostility to Iran yet you continue to focus on these fragments nobody even remembers about. You're sadly working against your own said desires of healthy Armenian-Iranian relations by constantly bringing these things to surface when time and time again Mos has replied to you, with great patience.

Originally posted by Mos View Post
        Պետք է այս տեսահոլովակին։ անգլերեն տարբերակը ստեղծվի։

and as usual the mods here look on as if this is some kind of funny play and not a serious public forum. This is just too pathetic and sad.
        And as usual, arakeretzig posts the same thing he posts every week, in violation of forum rules. Your posts that do not discuss mod issues are exponentially more useful than these.

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
        The mods are only hard on Armenians, foreigners are allowed to say anything they want. Just like our great hero Garegin Njdeh said:

When dealing with foreign powers and issues, our press adopts a permissive, forgiving, and subservient tone. With our own internal problems, however, it becomes arrogant, vindictive, vicious.
        The mods have not been harder on Armenians, this remains a pro-Armenian forum. Foreigners (mostly Turks and Azeris) have been banned here much more quickly than Armenians have been. We barely have any "foreigners" here to begin with.

And the content of most of this thread does nothing towards winning an information war, or towards indicating that such a war has any chance of being won anytime soon. This forum seems to make more enemies that it makes allies.
        Then help us make it better
        Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Now gentlemen, let us all go back to the topic and leave mod issues to PMs, as the rules state.
          Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
            ... Iranians know how to lose patience too, particularly someone like me.
            Someone like you who is against Armenian/Persian relations shouldn't even post here, let alone make recomendations and then threats for Christ's sake......you be laughed at on the streets of Tehran.

You have insulted Armenians, the best you can do here is apologize.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
              As for Persopolis, he goes out of his way to go after Mos at every opportunity he gets because of some past quotes he dug up of Mos (before Persopolis even was member) with which Persopolis disagrees. Mos has continuously reminded him that those are old posts that do not represent his views yet he continues to bring these up.
              Persepolis is going OTT and has made himself look a bit laughable, and he came with an Iran-centric anti-Turk/Azeri agenda in the belief that the enemy of my enemy must be my friend.
              However, I don't recall any specific recantation by Mos of those quotes, and "Iranians are becoming cancer to Armenia and should be deported" is a fairly recent one, because I remember it -and there are plenty more recent quotables that are personal attacks, a good many in this very thread and made on this very day. In a perverse way, it would be nice if Persepolis's importance matched his inflated ego and that he could do damage to Iranian relations with Armenia - it might make people here realise that loose words can have consequences. But we all know that Persepolis probably hasn't that real-world importance, nor has this forum.
              Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

why are u always siding with the one thats anti-Armenian?

Comment

Persepolis is going OTT and has made himself look a bit laughable, and he came with an Iran-centric anti-Turk/Azeri agenda in the belief that the enemy of my enemy must be my friend.
                  However, I don't recall any specific recantation by Mos of those quotes, and "Iranians are becoming cancer to Armenia and should be deported" is a fairly recent one, because I remember it -and there are plenty more recent quotables that are personal attacks, a good many in this very thread and made on this very day. In a perverse way, it would be nice if Persepolis's importance matched his inflated ego and that he could do damage to Iranian relations with Armenia - it might make people here realise that loose words can have consequences. But we all know that Persepolis probably hasn't that real-world importance, nor has this forum.
                  I try not to give dignity to some of Persopolis's ridiculous attacks against me (and other members on this forum) by responding to them. You shouldn't be talking, you're the one who just recently spammed by thread regarding Armenian-Belarus relations. And you have been one of the most anti-Armenian people here. Weren't you the one that opened the thread "That Joke of a Country called Armenia"?As I have said those quotes are out of context and out dated, and just meant to character assassinate. I have always been talking tough on Iranian hooligans in Armenia, however, not all Iranians are hooligans of course, but the ones that are (and participate in drug trafficking and other such activities) should be deported. Why shouldn't they? Of course this would apply to any nationality.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---
                  "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

i read this as a guest for long time, but i feel i need to speak

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                    No, "Mos and his ilk" contribute to the forum with posts that go beyond talking about a certain member saying this or that. You mentioning Tigranakert every couple of posts is in line with Tigranakert mentioning you every couple of posts. It does not help that most of the threads where these conflicts happen are of mutual interest so I suggest we all go back to refraining from acts of baiting and comment on post.As for Persopolis, he goes out of his way to go after Mos at every opportunity he gets because of some past quotes he dug up of Mos (before Persopolis even was member) with which Persopolis disagrees. Mos has continuously reminded him that those are old posts that do not represent his views yet he continues to bring these up.
                    this is serious excuse for many rude words over and over again for long time by same people against Irani without ban? you really think you convince Irani with this explanation?

Originally posted by HermanGerman View Post
                    @persepolis

aziz jun, adresse emam khomeniro feramush kerdi...
                    we learned something ...
                    بسیاری دشمنان ارمنی ما داریم

خداحافظی

Comment

FINALLY THE ADMIN IS DOING THEIR JOB. NEXT IS CATTTT. shirazi(aka persopolis) u can fuk off now as u can see nobody wants u here

HAYEEEER!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X