Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia and the information war

Anybody who knows basic geopolitics would agree without a doubt that alliance with Russia is Armenia's national security interest. I mean it's a no-brainer really, because NATO/US = Turkey = enemy.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Sometimes i read Bell's posts and i see a valid perspective i would have otherwise not noticed but usually i see a lot of hate filled posts. Even his interesting posts have some hate in them. I wonder where all this hate is coming from?
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        usually i see a lot of hate filled posts.
        Describes 90% of the posts on this forum.
        The difference is, I'm not misusing the word "hate" the way you are.
        Hyakakan reads advice saying "to write an effective letter, use plain white, good-quality paper", but Haykakan sees it as "this person is hate-filled against lilac paper with flowery borders".
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Սոս Սարգսյանի նամակն ադրբեջանցի մտավորականին

«Ազգում» կարդում ենք Սոս Սարգսյանի նամակն` ուղղված ադրբեջանցի մտավորականին.
          «Առաջինը, որ ուզում եմ խորհուրդ տալ ձեզ. կողմնորոշվեք վերջապես, թե ով եք դուք։ Այլապես մերթ թուրք եք, մերթ թաթար, մերթ աղվան, մերթ ուրիշ ինչ-որ բան…
          Բայց չէ՞ որ պարզից էլ պարզ է. դուք այն վայրի հորդաներից եք, որոնք խուժեցին ինչ-որ հեռավոր տափաստաններից։ Այդքան բան։ Չէ՞ որ ձեր ավագ եղբայրը չի ժխտում, որ հորդաներով խուժել, հարձակվել է Բյուզանդիայի վրա եւ, իհարկե, այն ամենը, ինչ կարելի էր ոչնչացնել, ոչնչացրել Է ու վերանվանել։
          Այդպես էլ դուք։
          Ոչ, սխալ տեղում եք փնտրում ձեր արմատները։
          Ընդհանրապես դուք հմուտ եք հնարքների ու ստերի մեջ։ Ահավասիկ ինչ-որ Խոջալու էլ հորինեցիք։ Այդ խոջալուցիներին գնդակահարել են ձեր իսկ բաշիբոզուկները՝ ի հեճուկս ձեր իրենց ինչ-որ գործչի։ Բայց եթե անգամ եղել է այնպես, ինչպես դուք եք ասում, ապա, փառք Ալլահին, մենք վերջապես սովորեցինք ձեզանից սպանել խաղաղ բնակիչների, սովորեցինք դաժան լինել։
          Մի մոլլայի ասացին՝ հայերը հրկիզել են մեր տունը։
          -Հայե՞րը,- հարցրեց մոլլան, -չի կարող պատահել, նրանք մինչ օրս նման բան չեն արել, բայց եթե դա ճիշտ է, ապա մեր գործերը վատ են։
          Ահա այսպես։
          Կարծում եմ, ադրբեջանցիների մեջ կգտնվեն կարգին, խելացի մարդիկ։ Խեղճեր, որքա՜ն են նրանք, հավանաբար, տառապում՝ ամեն օր լսելով իրենց դիվահար նախագահի հայատյաց ճառերը, մշտական սպառնալիքները։
          Իսկ ճի՞շտ է, որ ձեզ մոտ ամենուր փակցրած են «Հայի սպանությունը հանցանք չի համարվում» կարգախոսներ։ Եվ ձեր երեխաները մշտապես կարդո՞ւմ են դա։ Զի՛լ է։
          Ահա արդեն քանի տասնամյակ շարունակ ձեր երեխաների արյան մեջ դուք ատելության թույն եք ներարկում հայերի եւ ամեն հայկականի հանդեպ։ Այդ թույնը սրտո՞ւմ են նրանք անցնելու կյանքի ողջ ուղին։ Դուք այդպես էլ թույլ չեք տա նրանց դառնալ նորմալ մարդիկ եւ մշտապես կացինը ձեռքին կհրեք դեպի քնած հա՞յը…
          Չի կարելի այդչափ անհոգի վերաբերվել սեփական երեխաներին։ Բայց դա ձեր գործն է։
          Դուք ինչ է, լրջորեն պատրաստվում եք պատերա՞զմ սկսել։
          Թանկագին իմ հարեւաններ, ոչինչ չի՛ ստացվի, բացի անմեղ զոհերից։
          Ինչո՞ւ։ Շատ պա՛րզ. ձեզ համար Ղարաբաղը տարածք է, իսկ մեզ համար՝ սուրբ Հայրենիք։ Պատերազմի դրդապատճառները բացարձակ տարբեր են, եւ զինվորների հոգեբանական տրամադրվածությունը նույնպես տարբեր է։
          Ընդհանրապես մենք ի վերջո դեմ չենք, քանզի, իմացա՛ծ լինեք, լրջորեն մտածում ենք մեր Նախիջեւանն ու Գանձակը վերադարձնելու մասին։
          Ավելի լավ կլիներ, եթե հոժարակամ վերադարձնեիք, առանց արյունահեղության։ Բայց պարզ է, որ նման արդարացի քայլի դուք ունակ չեք։ Հոգեկերտվածքն այն չէ։
          Մինչդեռ որքան վեհաբարո եւ գեղեցիկ է գողացածը վերադարձնելը։
          Ի դեպ, ժողովուրդների համաշխարհային պատմության մեջ չի եղել մի դեպք, որ պարտված կողմը ինչ-որ պայմաններ առաջ քաշի։ Դա ծիծաղելի եւ լկտի է։
          Չգիտեմ, կազդի՞ իմ նամակը ձեզ վրա։ Կարծում եմ՝ ոչ, քանզի ո՞ւր պիտի փախչեք ձեր ֆաշիստակերպ ղեկավարի մոլեգին ճնշումից։
          Հայատյացությունը կլանել է ե՛ւ նրան, ե՛ւ ձեզ, կլանել է ամբողջությամբ ու վերջնականապես, եւ հայտնի չէ, թե երբ եւ ինչպես դուրս կգաք այդ կեղտոտ փոսից։
          Բայց մտածեք գոնե սեփական ապագայի մասին։ Սթափ նայեք իրականությանը։
          Իսկ այն ահա թե ինչպիսին է։
          Մենք՝ հայերս, դարեր ի վեր ապրել ենք այստեղ, այս հողի վրա, եւ կապրենք այստեղ Հավերժ (ցավոք, ձեզ պես նենգ հարեւանի կողքին)։ Ոչնչացնել հայերին (ինչի մասին դուք եւ ձեր ավագ եղբայրը զօրուգիշեր երազում եք) անհնար է։ Դա չի լինի երբե՛ք։ Ձեզանից առաջ այնքա՜ն վայրի բարբարոսներ ու պարզապես տականքներ են փորձել դա անել։ Բայց ապարդյուն։
          Հայերը մարդու, ժողովրդի այն տեսակն են, որը չի ոչնչացվում։
          Իսկ այժմ՝ առավել եւս, քանզի դուք եւ ձեր ավագ եղբայրը երկար ժամանակ (մի քանի դար շարունակ) սովորեցնում էիք մեզ սպանել։ Փառք Ալլահին, վերջապես դա ձեզ հաջողվե՛ց։
          Սումգայիթից հետո մենք վերջապես գիտակցեցինք (ուշ, բայց հասկացանք), թե ինչ է ձեր ուզածը։
          Շնորհակալություն ձեզ եւ կրկին՝ Ալլահին։ Այժմ կլինի այնպես, ինչպես իմաստնաբար ասված է. «Ակն ընդ ական, ատամն ընդ ատաման»։
          Մենք կգերազանցեք ձեզ բոլոր առումներով ու նաեւ դաժանությամբ։
          Այս նամակով ես անկեղծորեն խոստովանում եմ ձեզ. մենք այլեւս այն միամիտ հայերը չենք, որոնց դուք ճանաչում էիք։
          Ձեր շնորհիվ մենք փոխակերպվեցինք, դարձանք ճիշտ այնպիսին, ինչպիսին դո՛ւք եք։
          Լավ է, որ ամեն անկյունում աղաղակում եք Խոջալուի մասին։ Դա ծիծաղելի է, իհարկե, բայց միաժամանակ ինչ-որ կերպ փոխհատուցում է Սումգայիթի համար ապրած մեր ցավը։
          Պիտի խոստովանեմ. նույնիսկ ձեր ավագ եղբոր իրականացրած 1915 թվականը չսովորեցրեց մեզ այն, ինչ կարողացաք սովորեցնել մեզ դուք Սումգայիթում։
          Շնորհակալություն ձեզ եւ էլի մեկ անգամ՝ փառք Ալլահին։
          Ոհմակի մեջ ապրողը պիտի սուր պահի ժանիքները։
          Իսկ Ղարաբաղի մասին հիմնավորապես մոռացե՛ք։
          ՍՈՍ ՍԱՐԳՍՅԱՆ
          HayNews.am

Comment

Guys I have some serious questions. Now some of my questions might be because I am young and/or I do not have enough knowledge of the geopolitics of Armenia, but it seems difficult for me to understand how you guys attack Bell for stating things that seem common knowledge and common sense to everyone I have ever spoken to. So please, explain your point of view, and let me know what, if anything, I am missing here.

You say that Putin is a strong leader, that the corruption in Russia is because of capitalism, that is comes with capitalism. That however seems insane to me, considering its not that it simply comes with capitalism. Capitalism works fine everywhere else in the world, and corruption is not nearly to the level that it is in Russia and in Armenia. Yes corruption still exists, but to reasonable extends. The free market system is a proven superior system of economics that was promoted by Adam Smith as a means to fight monopolies and oligarchies. Furthermore, it is not like Putin is out there fighting corruption, making it a central part of his policy. If anything, he is fine with it and allows it to flourish. According to Transparency International, Russia is ranked 154th in the world in terms of Corruption. This ranking got worse under Putin. You say that he is a strong leader. However, does that include ending democracy or taking away basic rights. Does being a strong leader, being a "true leader: include denying people basic rights, by controlling the media, by allowing little opposition?

You guys says that he is going to lead Russia to prosperity, that Russia is on the rise. However, the data says otherwise. The population of Russia is expended to dwindle down to 100 million by 2050, the average life expectancy for a male right now is merely 62. These are not facts that show any optimism for the future.

There is often criticism on this forum of Georgia, and their western system. But the fact is that corruption in Georgia is much less significant than in Armenia. In recent years, in Georgia the the business environment has steadily improved, and corruption has steadily decreased, while things have moved in the opposite direction for Armenia who is following the Russian system.

So this leads me to wonder how am I wrong here? What am I missing?
            How is Bell being a "hater" or anti-armenian by stating things that are simply facts
            Yes Armenia needs Russian military support right now, but that doesnt mean it should simply roll over for Russia and allow the same corrupt and doomed system to take over Armenia. Just because they are good to Armenia right now, doesnt mean we have to accept and respect everything about Russia or its leadership. Just because they help us right now, does not mean that in 5 years they would not stab Armenia in the back if it proves strategically worthwhile to them.

Comment

All (most) of us here are products of the west, brainwashed through the news/propaganda.

To overcome this mind-set we need to think “outside the box”.
              A question to ponder:

Why would the west want to determine/criticize the type of leader in another country which is competitor nation as far as geopolitics goes.
              Do they really wand a stronger and healthier society as a competitor?
              No different than attempting to decide the players to your opposing team.
              The propaganda machine does it so skilfully to make it seem almost a logical expression.

In this joke is the West trying to be the Irishman?

During the time of the French Revolution an Englishman, a Welshman
              and an Irishman were captured and taken to the guillotine.

The first man taken up was the Englishman. He was asked
              whether he wanted to lie face up or face down. He chose face up. The
              guillotine dropped but stopped short. The rules were that if a man
              wasn’t beheaded at the first attempt, he was allowed to go free. So
              the Englishman went free.

Next up was the Welshman. He also chose to lie face up, and the same
              thing happened – the guillotine stopped short and so he was allowed to walk free.

Finally came the Irishman. He also chose to lie face up. “Ah ha,” he said. “I see what the problem is.”

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
              Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
              Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
                Guys I have some serious questions. Now some of my questions might be because I am young and/or I do not have enough knowledge of the geopolitics of Armenia, but it seems difficult for me to understand how you guys attack Bell for stating things that seem common knowledge and common sense to everyone I have ever spoken to. So please, explain your point of view, and let me know what, if anything, I am missing here.

You say that Putin is a strong leader, that the corruption in Russia is because of capitalism, that is comes with capitalism. That however seems insane to me, considering its not that it simply comes with capitalism. Capitalism works fine everywhere else in the world, and corruption is not nearly to the level that it is in Russia and in Armenia. Yes corruption still exists, but to reasonable extends. The free market system is a proven superior system of economics that was promoted by Adam Smith as a means to fight monopolies and oligarchies. Furthermore, it is not like Putin is out there fighting corruption, making it a central part of his policy. If anything, he is fine with it and allows it to flourish. According to Transparency International, Russia is ranked 154th in the world in terms of Corruption. This ranking got worse under Putin. You say that he is a strong leader. However, does that include ending democracy or taking away basic rights. Does being a strong leader, being a "true leader: include denying people basic rights, by controlling the media, by allowing little opposition?

You guys says that he is going to lead Russia to prosperity, that Russia is on the rise. However, the data says otherwise. The population of Russia is expended to dwindle down to 100 million by 2050, the average life expectancy for a male right now is merely 62. These are not facts that show any optimism for the future.

There is often criticism on this forum of Georgia, and their western system. But the fact is that corruption in Georgia is much less significant than in Armenia. In recent years, in Georgia the the business environment has steadily improved, and corruption has steadily decreased, while things have moved in the opposite direction for Armenia who is following the Russian system.

So this leads me to wonder how am I wrong here? What am I missing?
                How is Bell being a "hater" or anti-armenian by stating things that are simply facts
                Yes Armenia needs Russian military support right now, but that doesnt mean it should simply roll over for Russia and allow the same corrupt and doomed system to take over Armenia. Just because they are good to Armenia right now, doesnt mean we have to accept and respect everything about Russia or its leadership. Just because they help us right now, does not mean that in 5 years they would not stab Armenia in the back if it proves strategically worthwhile to them.
                Yeh you are young and like most the western propoganda has drilled it into your brain that "capitalism works fine all over the world". In case you have not noticed there is a world wide financial crisis going on all over the world in all the nations that embraced capitalism. I know my friend and the millions like him who lost their homes during this crisis do not think capitalism is working very well for them. The fact is capitalism is not good for humanity because it concentrates more wealth into fewer hands while leaving all others poorer and poorer. The middle class is being destroyed and many people have to work 2 or more jobs just to get by while people like Trump contimplate buying a run for the presidentcy. The demographic problems you mentioned in Russia are comon throughout western europe and they are not a "russian problem". Corruption is something else that you have a hard time understanding. Corruption in The USA for example is a billion times worst then it is in Russia or Armenia the difference is that it is legitimized. Paying a bribe to get out of the army or for a safer post in it is obviously corruption but what may not be so obvious is special interest groups paying dictating to the government to go to war so some oil company can make more money or because some Narssistic country in the middle east wants to be the only country in the middle east. Special interest is corruption on a level beyond anything previously concieved. Not only can these groups ruin polititians but you cant even get elected unless you buddy up with them in the first place. As for putin he is a hero for the Russians because he grabbed those robber barons who were undermining Russia by the ballz and squeezed the szhit out of them(Berezovsky and friends). He fought against attempts by the west to further undermine Russia and built a strong economy and military. Democracy and capitalism not only do not work everywhere but i challange you to find anywhere where they do work. The most effective system is in China which is a mixture of a command, capitalist, socialist systems. Perhaps the biggest flaw that i see in your arguments is the sources of your information. Like who says Georgia is less corrupt and Russia is more corrupt? Could it be a western source which is owned and operated by the same inerests that tried to undermine Russia? Anytime you look at information you have to consider the source! Russia has its own interests and they do not always cooinside with Armenias this is very true but regardless of changing intersests a constant that remains is that Armenia is in a strategic location which Russia wishes to control and Armenia is the only country dependent enough for it to control this means that Russia will protect Its interest in the region which means security for Armenia. Yes it also means Russia is not going to be trying to strengthen Armenia and it may even at times hinder its development to maintain control over it. This is the unenvyable position Armenia is in but one would be making a grave mistake if one forgets or diminishes the value of the fact that Armenia exists and continues to do so only because there is a Russian Army base there discouraging Turcky and others from attacking Armenia. Nothing is free in this world and there is a price we pay for our security. Now many fools will jump in and say we dont need russia we can do it on our own or we can just be friends with west and nothing bad will happen.. well this is all bs because Armenia cant do xxxx about the fact that it has 100million turcks around it ready to crush it like a ripe grape. Add to this the fact that these turks have far more influence in the west then we do and you will understand why the west cannot be relied apon. There is nothing wrong with being young or not knowing things and fortunatly we humans are equiped with a brain which is capable of a great deal of learning - how we use it is our choice. As for Bell one thing is for sure - that guy has issues. I dont know what those issues are but they are significant.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

The most important thing is that we never compromise on our independence. The independence of the Armenian nation in the last 20 years is one of the biggest achievements of the Armenian race and we have to fight in order to keep Armenia independent and free. That is why, while we can have good relations with EU (which we should), I would never want Armenia to be a member of the EU or any other such union as it compromises our independence. Our security concerns are naturally tied to the Turks. We have to make sure to always be on the side that is against Turks and we should never forget that the destruction of Armenia is in the forefront for both Turkey and Azerbaijan. Having Russia as an ally has possibly saved us from much turmoil and destruction.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---
                  "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

The perception is that the grass is always greener on the neighbour's side. Armenians think Georgians live better off and Georgians think Armenians live better off. It's amusing.
                    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                      The perception is that the grass is always greener on the neighbour's side. Armenians think Georgians live better off and Georgians think Armenians live better off. It's amusing.
                      And no one thinks azeris are better off

Comment

Working...
                      X