Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia and the information war

Eddo!

We should make Zeplins! Cheap air travel till the day we get our dzov! Air travel is expensive but our only true independent route! We should get together with Russians and Germans as they have a join venture in this regard and make Armenian Zeplins! Too bad my English Armenians is so bad that I have to speak English to make all the Armo's understand what I am saying!

Comment

Unfortunently no matter what you make you cannot beat the volume of freight trains and cargo ships at sea.......I like your idea though.
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
        Guys I have some serious questions. Now some of my questions might be because I am young and/or I do not have enough knowledge of the geopolitics of Armenia, but it seems difficult for me to understand how you guys attack Bell for stating things that seem common knowledge and common sense to everyone I have ever spoken to. So please, explain your point of view, and let me know what, if anything, I am missing here.

You say that Putin is a strong leader, that the corruption in Russia is because of capitalism, that is comes with capitalism. That however seems insane to me, considering its not that it simply comes with capitalism. Capitalism works fine everywhere else in the world, and corruption is not nearly to the level that it is in Russia and in Armenia. Yes corruption still exists, but to reasonable extends. The free market system is a proven superior system of economics that was promoted by Adam Smith as a means to fight monopolies and oligarchies. Furthermore, it is not like Putin is out there fighting corruption, making it a central part of his policy. If anything, he is fine with it and allows it to flourish. According to Transparency International, Russia is ranked 154th in the world in terms of Corruption. This ranking got worse under Putin. You say that he is a strong leader. However, does that include ending democracy or taking away basic rights. Does being a strong leader, being a "true leader: include denying people basic rights, by controlling the media, by allowing little opposition?

You guys says that he is going to lead Russia to prosperity, that Russia is on the rise. However, the data says otherwise. The population of Russia is expended to dwindle down to 100 million by 2050, the average life expectancy for a male right now is merely 62. These are not facts that show any optimism for the future.

There is often criticism on this forum of Georgia, and their western system. But the fact is that corruption in Georgia is much less significant than in Armenia. In recent years, in Georgia the the business environment has steadily improved, and corruption has steadily decreased, while things have moved in the opposite direction for Armenia who is following the Russian system.

So this leads me to wonder how am I wrong here? What am I missing?
        How is Bell being a "hater" or anti-armenian by stating things that are simply facts
        Yes Armenia needs Russian military support right now, but that doesnt mean it should simply roll over for Russia and allow the same corrupt and doomed system to take over Armenia. Just because they are good to Armenia right now, doesnt mean we have to accept and respect everything about Russia or its leadership. Just because they help us right now, does not mean that in 5 years they would not stab Armenia in the back if it proves strategically worthwhile to them.

A blog about the rise of Russia, Russian-Armenian relations and Eurasian geopolitics

Read this blog and don't fall for bell's provocations.
        For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
        to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

This channel in general has some very good videos regarding Pres. Kocharian

Share your videos with friends, family, and the world
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post

This channel in general has some very good videos regarding Pres. Kocharian

http://www.youtube.com/user/2rdam

In this first video, praises are coming mainly from young women.

Is it because he has "sex appeal" or what.

A few questions to get some perspective.

During which presidency did we suffer the highest emigration.
            During which presidency did we (Armenia) have the property bubble.
            During which presidency did the incumbent use his position to enrich himself
            During which presidency did the national debt had the highest increase.

What type Economic activity gave the people the feel good factor to be followed by a hangover.
            Many commentators have commented it was the property bubble and an unbalanced economy which made the following recession one of the worse in the world.
            Last edited by londontsi; 10-05-2011, 10:50 PM.
            Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
            Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
            Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
              During which presidency did we suffer the highest emigration.
              Levon Ter-Petrosyan

During which presidency did the incumbent use his position to enrich himself
              Levon Ter-Petrosyan

We were lucky that during Levon the Destructor, it was not possible for him to obtain significant loans from organizations like the World Bank or IMF, as he xxxxed-up Armenia so bad that we wouldn't even receive loans. Anyways, he plundered the Armenian economy and sold all the factories (billions of worth of equipment sold for some million). I know Iranians who got extremely rich because they bought machines from Levon Ter Petrosyan, machines whose worth was more than millions of dollars, for not more than ten thousand dollars. I still get angry this day when I think about it.

During which presidency did we (Armenia) have the property bubble.
              Levon Ter-Petrosyan

It's not even possible to compare a hyena to Levon Ter Petrosyan. He is evil, inside and out. I am amazed at how tolerant and peace loving Armenians are, as in any other country in the world (especially in the West) such a pig would have been either put in prison, or executed. Unfortunately, we haven't learned enough from Europeans!
              Last edited by Tigranakert; 10-06-2011, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Londontsi;
                Originally posted by Tigranakert;
                Levon Ter-Petrosyan

We were lucky that during Levon the Destructor, it was not possible for him to obtain significant loans from organizations like the World Bank or IMF, as he xxxxed-up Armenia so bad that we wouldn't even receive loans. Anyways, he plundered the Armenian economy and sold all the factories (billions of worth of equipment sold for some million). I know Iranians who got extremely rich because they bought machines from Levon Ter Petrosyan, machines whose worth was more than millions of dollars, for not more than ten thousand dollars. I still get angry this day when I think about it.

There are many reasons why I dislike LPT.

However I find your assessment hardly objective.

On the one hand you say things were so bad ( and I agree ) that it was not possible to raise loans and on the other hand you are suggesting Armenia’s debt increased most during his tenure.

You almost make him look “good” as far as my question.
                Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

There are many reasons why I dislike LPT.

However I find your assessment hardly objective.

On the one hand you say things were so bad ( and I agree ) that it was not possible to raise loans and on the other hand you are suggesting Armenia’s debt increased most during his tenure.

You almost make him look “good” as far as my question.
                  Where did I suggest Armenia's debt increased most during his tenure? I didn't put his name under the third line, but gave an explanation why (thank god) it was not possible for him to have a significant influence on Armenia's debt, if so, we would have been totally xxxxed by now. Is it now clear for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
                    Where did I suggest Armenia's debt increased most during his tenure? I didn't put his name under the third line, but gave an explanation why (thank god) it was not possible for him to have a significant influence on Armenia's debt, if so, we would have been totally xxxxed by now. Is it now clear for you?
                    In that case my question remains unanswered vis a vi the National dept.

Comment

In the financial trap that America has set up around the world its unfortunately normal for countries to take loans to build themselves up. Armenia also takes loans from Europe and Russia to balance out as diversification. The problem is not if they are taking loans the problem is how much and from who. right now Armenia doesnt have a loan problem.

In that case my question remains unanswered vis a vi the National dept.

Comment

Working...
                      X