Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia and the information war

Originally posted by Serjik View Post
    When I was in Armenia my family invited a young man that worked in the finance ministry to our house. After a few shots of vodka he spilled the beans. LOL He said they are borrowing as much as they can to build infrastructur and line pockets because they are knowing that in a few years the whole thing is going to fall apart and Armenia is going to join the Russian ruble zone and free itself from the western debt. The loans get paid back by those under Western rule. Armenia is not under them. These guys in Yerevan are not straight arrows but they know what they are doing. Trust me bro.
    You mean the Russian customs union? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customs...tan_and_Russia)

The PM said though we wouldn't join it because we don't share border with Russia. Though I honestly hope we don't join any union, and keep the Armenian dram.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

When I was in Armenia my family invited a young man that worked in the finance ministry to our house. After a few shots of vodka he spilled the beans. LOL He said they are borrowing as much as they can to build infrastructur and line pockets because they are knowing that in a few years the whole thing is going to fall apart and Armenia is going to join the Russian ruble zone and free itself from the western debt. The loans get paid back by those under Western rule. Armenia is not under them. These guys in Yerevan are not straight arrows but they know what they are doing. Trust me bro.
      I am shocked how light heartedly you seem to take it.

For a starters when you join an “economic block” you do not become better or safer economically.
      Your debts do not disappear either.
      You cannot hide either.

Look at EU members Greece, Italy and Spain are good examples.

Look at poor Greece which has become an economic slave of its bankers.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

I always take things lightly. Bro America is toast. They realize it and they are taking advantage of the situation until the time comes when they will cut their ties with America and totally join Russia. What they going to do put sactions on Armenia? No way bro. Wont work in the Kavkas. Bro Armenia is in no situation to be independent. Thats the problem with you diasporans you speak in very high eutopian terms without seeing what you are dealing with on the ground. Bro poor Armenia has no resources and its landlocked by enemies, Armenians needs to be in an economic block and the only natural one for it is Russian and Chinese led ones. Yeah bro look at Greece, Europe and America are raping it. Greeks are Armenia's closest natural allies and orthodox brothers. Their place is also with us and Russia. Maybe now they will wake up.

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
        I am shocked how light heartedly you seem to take it.

For a starters when you join an “economic block” you do not become better or safer economically.
        Your debts do not disappear either.
        You cannot hide either.

Look at EU members Greece, Italy and Spain are good examples.

Look at poor Greece which has become an economic slave of its bankers.

Comment

While some of the money gets wasted (embezzled which is totally natural it even happens in London),......
          Embezzlement is not natural.
          It is a serious crime with serious punishment and loss of reputation.

I cannot claim that it does not happen in England or any other developed country.
          I have no doubt some may get away with it.

However the majority of cases would be found out because there are processes and procedures, checks and balances and also a transparent system.
          Also there are enough honest people in the system to be a deterrent to the would be crooks.

I don't see the loans being used unwisely in Armenia.....
          How do you see this.
          Do you know how the nearly $3 Billion was used.

The expected return is very low. So don't worry too much bro.
          How low?
          Every single dollar borrowed has "very low return".
          Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
          Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
          Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Sarkozy in Armenia - French/Armenian relations seem to be very warm...

Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Embezzlement is natural and human and it also the same with corruption. When millions of dollars are in front of you and you are making a few hundred dollars and you have a family with children you will take some out of the pile of money in front of you. A cop making a hundred dollars a month will take money from car drivers to feed his family and pay for the increasing price of food and gas. I pretty sure if you are in the position you will also do it. Not doing it is not natural. The laws are talking about are made by the elite to control you. They can be corrupt and steal but you the commoner cant according to them. So I think you are a slave by heart. Corruption slavery, genocide robbery is how England got so rich so that you can sit there right now and preach to Armenia. Somethings not right bro.

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
              Embezzlement is not natural. It is a serious crime with serious punishment and loss of reputation. I cannot claim that it does not happen in England or any other developed country. I have no doubt some may get away with it.

However the majority of cases would be found out because there are processes and procedures, checks and balances and also a transparent system.
              Also there are enough honest people in the system to be a deterrent to the would be crooks.

How do you see this.
              Do you know how the nearly $3 Billion was used.

How low?
              Every single dollar borrowed has "very low return".

Comment

I dont know bro he didnt say. All he said was in a few years Armenia will join economic union controlled by Moscow. No border with Russia? That's stupid excuse. Trade can be done through air and sooner or later Georgia will come o their senses and we will also have railroad trade.

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                You mean the Russian customs union? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customs...tan_and_Russia)

The PM said though we wouldn't join it because we don't share border with Russia. Though I honestly hope we don't join any union, and keep the Armenian dram.

Comment

Embezzlement is natural and human and it also the same with corruption. Not doing it is not natural.

bro bro bro bro bro bro bro.................

If so, then I'm glad to say that, under your standards, I'm "not natural" - something I am thankful for if only because it avoids the risk of you ever calling me "bro".
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

^lmao
                    It is not natural, it is part of a culture that needs to be eradicated. Until people start putting the national interest ahead of their personal interest, we will never have progress, we will never become stronger, and our country will continue to deteriorate. If everyone stopped trying to cheat the system, then you wouldnt need to cheat the system to survive.

Comment

I dont know bro he didnt say. All he said was in a few years Armenia will join economic union controlled by Moscow. No border with Russia? That's stupid excuse. Trade can be done through air and sooner or later Georgia will come o their senses and we will also have railroad trade.
                      Well, us having no border with Russia was the reason given by the PM. Though the Eurasian Union which Putin wants to implement will have a common economic space, one currency, unified institutions, etc. I fear that with this Union Armenia will once again lose its independence, and I hope we don't join, just maintain the strong economic ties.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---

Comment

Working...
                      X