Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia and the information war

Azerbaijani propaganda machinery malfunctions: NKR MFA
    18:12 / 08/27/2009

Commenting, in the Day.Az, on the interview of Armenia’s Deputy Foreign Minister Shavarsh Kocharian given to Radio Echo of Moscow, the Azerbaijani MFA Press Secretary, Elkhan Polukhov, blamed him for spreading alleged misinformation regarding the UN resolutions on the Karabakh conflict, and made a strange conclusion: “In this case, the impact of Shavarsh Kocharian’s ignorance about the details of the negotiation process and his nonparticipation in many stages of the negotiation process is obvious”.

It is interesting that “over-competent” Polukhov didn’t give any reason for his position, limiting himself to the unfounded blame. Probably, the Azerbaijani propaganda machinery, the slipping of which has lately become more and more frequent, is obviously malfunctioning now. Hardly had Shavarsh Kocharian reminded about NKR’s reason as a moment of “neynim-neynim” (“twaddle”) occurred.

The Azerbaijani official has nothing specific to say, however the break should be filled with something…

Comment

Azerbaijan failed German mission in Afghanistan

Azerbaijan verbally supports the struggle against international terrorism, but actually imposes obstacles for its allies. Particularly, German force increment mission was failed through Azerbaijani side’s fault. Under the Bundestag decision, German mission had to carry out servicing of aircrafts equipped with Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS).

Over three weeks German soldiers were at the defended locality of NATO in Konya (Turkey) and returned to Germany without starting the mission execution. Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan did not grant NATO aircrafts space coordination clearance to Afghanistan.

According to Deutsche Welle, German Defense Ministry spokesman Thomas Raabe confirmed information on German soldiers’ return and underlined that NATO Secretary General is responsible for ensuring the mission execution. At the moment North Atlantic alliance holds talks on the use of defended locality in UAE territory, Süddeutsche Zeitung daily reports.

The aircrafts target is control of the air stream over Afghanistan. At the moment U.S. undertakes this mission.

-------------------------
      Azeris drink brownish water

In summer, a continuous water supply becomes a real issue in Baku, Azeri Zerkalo daily reports.

The townsmen get the water for couple of hours in the morning and same in the evening.
      Despite the seasonal shortage, water in Baku is always of a poor quality.

While in a number of Western Europe states tap water is potable, only the ironside or ignorant will take a shot at drinking tap water in Azerbaijan – basically it is either brownish or even black. The consumers mostly settle or boil the water thoroughly (that usually leaves a sand or bottom sediments) before use.

The reason is that Baku’s main water source, River Kura, is extremely tainted.

Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Azerbaijan reported an increase in maximum allowable concentration of biogenic, phenol and copper compounds in the Kura.

------------------
      Kidneys for sale in Azerbaijan

It is the second month that the Baku-based Birzha (Stock Exchange) newspaper has been publishing one and the same advertisement in its classifieds section: a married couple offers their kidneys for sale, asking US $20,000, reported 1news.az.

The Ismailovs (50-year-old husband, and 44-year-old wife) resorted to that step because of hard living conditions.

The husband borrowed a U.S. $20,000 bank credit, and the creditors demand repayment now. The hopeless situation suggested the idea of resolving the problem in such an extraordinary way. Their children, a married daughter and 17-year-old son, know about their parents’ decision.

The 44-year-old woman has been offered US $15,000 for her kidney. If the analyses show a positive result, an operation will be performed at an Iranian clinic.

The Azerbaijani legislation provides for a 3-5-year imprisonment for human organ trafficking. Moreover, the donor’s strained financial circumstances are viewed as an aggravating circumstance for the purchaser. However, the Azerbaijani law-enforcers have not so far responded to the shocking ad!

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Wow man I seriously love that news.am site,
        it's the only site that figths against propaganda

Comment

Yup, gets the job done.

Comment

Azerbaijan Is Scared

Azerbaijani Defense Ministry replied to the war resumption statement of the RA Defense Minister Seyran Ohanyan.

Azeri Defense Ministry spokesman Eldar Sabiroglu stated it is not the first time Ohanyan makes war-like statements, APA news agency reports.

“It is not reasonless, because the international community exerts influence on Armenia to solve the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within the framework of Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity. The leadership of Armenian army makes this kind of statements to mislead the people and hide the people’s distrust in the army,” he said, adding there are two possible ways to settle the conflict — peaceful or military. “We support peaceful settlement of the problem. But if it is impossible, Azerbaijan is capable of liberating its lands. This aggression cannot last forever,” Sabiroglu concluded.

Source: http://news.am/en/news/azerbaijan/3194.html

Comment

Today.Az » Politics » Russia’s largest mobile operator offers services in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands (Photo)

28 August 2009 [10:48] - Today.Az

Armenia’s mobile operator ArmenTel, (Beeline brand in Armenian territory) part of VimpelCom group of companies, provides roaming services in the territory of Azerbaijan’s occupied Nagorno-Karabakh region and cooperates with the separatists.

VimpelCom’s (Beeline brand) Armenia-based Web site contain abbreviation “NKR” as an independent state. The Web site has ample of errors showing disrespect to Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity.

“Roaming” section includes list of Beeline roaming partners. The list says that Nagorno-Karabakh is preferential tariff zone. It also says Karabakh Telecom is Beeline’s partner in Karabakh.

VimpelCom group of companies include companies operating in Russia, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Georgia and Armenia, as well as Vietnam and Cambodia, a territory with a total population of about 340 million people. Services are provided under the brand Beeline.

In other words, any Beeline subscriber, be it in Russia, Tajikstan, Georgia, Uzbekstan, etc., once arriving in Nagorno-Karabakh, will easily be able to use roaming services which is a direct violation of all international norms.

Azerbaijan’s responsible governmental agencies need to intervene with the matter so that all companies engaged in illegal activities in Nagorno-Karabakh will understand they violate international norms and law.

/Day.Az/

URL: http://www.today.az/news/politics/55063.html

Comment

Today.Az » Politics » It was proven that Azerbaijani soldiers were killed by prohibited chemical weapons used by Armenia: Lithuanian military journalist

29 August 2009 [13:38] - Today.Az

Lithuanian military journalist Richard Lapaytis spoke in an interview with Day.Az.

Richardas Lapaytis is one of the few Baltic correspondents who is aware of the core of the Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict and truth about the Karabakh war by not just hearsay or stories by other people. In 1992-1993 he repeatedly traveled to Azerbaijan, visited the contact line, was an eyewitness to the bloody events of the war (in Lachin, Nakhchivan, Aghdam, etc.) and took photos of tragic consequences of the Khojaly massacre. This interview was made with the assistance of the Community of Azerbaijanis in Lithuania and Congress of Azerbaijanis in Baltic.

Day.Az: First of all, I want to ask you how you happened to visit Nagorno-Karabakh? Why did you go to the war zone? What specifically you were interested in about this conflict?

Richardas Lapaytis: This interest is likely accidental. I did not go to Nagorno-Karabakh on purpose. At that time, I just was travelled and shot photos and wrote down my impressions in a notebook. I traveled as a tourist seeking opportunities to see more. I traveled not as a journalist.

But so happened that my way passed through the mountains, I loved the Caucasus and shot a lot of photos. However, first of all, I arrived in Armenia where I had to live for long. So, I saw the two conflicting sides with my own eyes. After a relatively long stay in Armenia, I went to Azerbaijan.

This step took more courage and determination, because in Armenia I was told that allegedly presence in Muslim Azerbaijan is dangerous for a Christian. I was forced the opinion that Azerbaijanis in the best case will not take me in their community but at worst - kill me and torture. I admit that it was terrifying to go to Azerbaijan at that time.

Q: And when did you arrive in Azerbaijan?

A: It happened in February 1992. I happened to be in continuous round of military conflict. My arrival coincided with the Khojaly tragedy. First, I stopped in the town of Agdam where many dead bodies of Azerbaijanis were brought to. Ther were wounded, tortured and plundered. Among the dead were not only soldiers but also women, children and the elderly. The bodies were piled up in Agdam mosque for some time.

At that time, when I lived in Aghdam, the town was under constant fire from the Armenian side. There was no light and no water in the hotel where I stayed. Its upper floors were destroyed by bombing. Once, when I was very thirsty, I took a vase of flowers from the stand and drank the accumulated drop of water. But the worst for me were not the everyday difficulties that I encountered at every step, but what I saw with my own eyes. I was prepared neither psychologically or morally for these scenes.

Q: Can you openly state that the bodies of Azerbaijanis piled up in the Agdam mosque has visible signs of torture? Did you take picture of these bodies? Do you keep those pictures? Who tortured them?

A: Yes. Bodies of Azerbaijanis had the most obvious signs of torture. Undoubtedly, I saved these pictures and published many times. At the sight of such a brutal picture, I felt a terrible shock. At that time a view was spreading in Lithuania that they were Azerbaijanis who brutally treated prisoners of war and civilians.

I saw a completely different picture. I have collected dozens of concrete evidence that ethnic cleansing and torture was not carried out by Azerbaijanis, but by Armenians. It was not easy, simple and safe to collect evidence of crimes against humanity, but over time this goal was for me the main occupation.

Q: What political, economic and cultural situation Azerbaijan faces at that time?

A: Azerbaijan was weak both economically and militarily. I had no political friends. Nobody wanted to quarrel with Russia. Especially Europe did not want to quarrel with Russia over Muslim Azerbaijan. The sympathies of many for some reason tilted toward Armenians. Azerbaijani soldiers at that time were young, poorly trained, they did not have enough weapons, ammunition and medical supplies. I saw how two Azerbaijani soldiers shared one Kalashnikov gun. There were not enough bullets and enough warm clothes. Winter was cold and severe.

Azerbaijan was absolutely not ready for the war. Azerbaijanis could not understand how can they could be so clearly and cruelly hurt, according to the popular expression, in broad daylight? They did not understand how hundreds of thousands of people can be evicted from their homes in the late twentieth century? They indeed did not understand what wrong they did to Armenians.

Q: Here once you mentioned that Azerbaijanis are not warlike people ...

A: In Lithuania, and not only in Lithuania some say Azerbaijani soldiers are sadists. They say they cut off head, ears and so on. For two years I spent in Azerbaijan I have not seen a single case of cruelty by Azerbaijanis. I did not witness such facts in 1992-1994. I saw the opposite picture - tormented Azerbaijani men, children, old people, women.

Q: You could more specifically describe how Azerbaijanis were tortured?

A: This topic is too hard for me. I do not want to go into details. I can only say that bodies of Azerbaijanis were mutilated in various ways and it was obvious that the majority of people were being tortured alive.

Q: And how civilians in Nagorno-Karabakh were treated during the conflict?

A: This is a very important question. There were no safe corridors for Azerbaijani citizens to leave during the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. Caravans of retreating women, children and elderly people were persecuted. It is difficult to say why they treated them this way.

Apparently, there were nationalist organizations in Armenia who were generously funded and dreamed of creating a Greater Armenia. These organizations at all costs needed to acquire fertile Nagorno-Karabakh and it required much blood and terror. Members of those organizations even killing their Armenians who refused to shoot in the direction of Azerbaijan. There were such Armenians. That is, the war was not supported by entire Armenia. But I witnessed how a military helicopter piloted by Russian military mercenaries opened fire on a caravan of Azerbaijani civilians trying to flee a war zone.

Q: Did you witness similar tragedies in different towns of Azerbaijan?

A: Khojaly is just one of the cases. Azerbaijanis were killed in other towns as well. For example, in Agdam, Shusha. First there were long and massive bombardment and then survivors were either shot or taken prisoners.

It was the same with Khojaly. Just a few of the Azerbaijani military men armed with assault rifles were in this small town. All other Azerbaijanis had only shotguns. I witnessed this massacre with my own eyes. Together with Azerbaijan military men and journalists we sent bodies of six children with obvious signs of torture by helicopter with great difficulty. My descriptions and my pictures were sent to Lithuania, appeared in some Lithuanian newspapers and I sent my texts to West.

A terrible political scandal erupted soon. Then there was talk that Russian military men and Armenian nationalists will not forgive us for these publications. We heard rumors that even prize was promised for our heads. Some journalists were actually killed by snipers. I do not know of what nationality these snipers were.

However, my good friend journalist Chingiz Mustafayev was killed by a sniper. I do not remember the names of other slain journalists. However, Chingiz died of centrifugal bullets banned by international convention. These bullets, for example, hit a leg and go out through head. In short, it mutilates the whole body. Even the slightest injury in this case is fatal.

I especially remember the tragedy of one of Azerbaijani villages. It was defended by local teachers and students. They defended it courageously, relentlessly, although most of arms were only hunting rifles. Armenians faced great difficulty to take the village and they resorted to deceit. They dressed in the Azerbaijani army uniform and easily entered the village. It was too late when Azerbaijanis guessed deception. To my knowledge, all teachers and students of the school were killed.

Q: You are said to witness even use of chemical weapons in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict…

A: Yes, it was me who conveyed this information to whole world. This weapon was used in the territory of the Nakhchivan Republic. The use of mustard gas was not a mass phenomenon. However, some Azerbaijani soldiers have died in that years rather strange death. A strange rash and redness were discovered in their bodies. I showed copies of examinations to the Lithuanian Ministry of Health where they officially declared: such a death occurs as a result of mustard gas poisoning. And mustard gas is a chemical weapon the use of which is prohibited by all international conventions.

Q: Have you been accused of being bribed by Azerbaijanis and that you are writing in a biased way and that you're lying?

A: That period was very difficult. Some of my publications appeared in the then newspapers ‘Nemunas’, ‘Svyturys’, ‘Republic’ and ‘Lietuvos Ryta’. I even spoke at a press conference.

After my articles were published some editors were put a lot of pressure not to publish my them any longer. Even an Armenian member of parliament arrived in Vilnius in order to find out why the Lithuanian press supported Azerbaijan, but not Armenia.

I should be frank. Some editors when I asked for my royalties said they no longer will publish my articles, because the delegation of strange people threatened them almost openly. One of the editors, his name is Stanislaus Balciunas, said even the following: “You are very young, but you will not live long if you continue to behave this way.”

Poetess Marita Kontrimayte was one of those who strongly criticized me. Wherever my articles or interviews were published, Kontrimayte soon appeared. She tried to somehow belittle and otherwise deny my information and she even claimed that I an impostor and that I have never been in Nagorno-Karabakh and not able to understand the real situation.

/Day.Az/

URL: http://www.today.az/news/politics/55115.html

wow did u guys know Armenia used mustard gas during the war?

Comment

One word pure propaganda,how did the armenians drop it if they had no air force?nor they bombed the particular area,and how come others that came contact with the victims had no contained with it?
                  He image Armenia like they were the aggressors he did not mention who started the war who's money paid Russian and Ukrainian pilots bringing terrorist.
                  Not to mention that it his only speculation that they used something that then they had no means to have it.
                  This man not only spread lies about Armenia but also about Russian pilots,like they hated them.
                  Pilots that had no intention to kill people they did just fill hours of flight and earn money.
                  Last edited by UrMistake; 08-31-2009, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ninetoyadome View Post
                    Today.Az » Politics » It was proven that Azerbaijani soldiers were killed by prohibited chemical weapons used by Armenia: Lithuanian military journalist

29 August 2009 [13:38] - Today.Az

Lithuanian military journalist Richard Lapaytis spoke in an interview with Day.Az.

Richardas Lapaytis is one of the few Baltic correspondents who is aware of the core of the Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict and truth about the Karabakh war by not just hearsay or stories by other people. In 1992-1993 he repeatedly traveled to Azerbaijan, visited the contact line, was an eyewitness to the bloody events of the war (in Lachin, Nakhchivan, Aghdam, etc.) and took photos of tragic consequences of the Khojaly massacre. This interview was made with the assistance of the Community of Azerbaijanis in Lithuania and Congress of Azerbaijanis in Baltic.

Day.Az: First of all, I want to ask you how you happened to visit Nagorno-Karabakh? Why did you go to the war zone? What specifically you were interested in about this conflict?

Richardas Lapaytis: This interest is likely accidental. I did not go to Nagorno-Karabakh on purpose. At that time, I just was travelled and shot photos and wrote down my impressions in a notebook. I traveled as a tourist seeking opportunities to see more. I traveled not as a journalist.

But so happened that my way passed through the mountains, I loved the Caucasus and shot a lot of photos. However, first of all, I arrived in Armenia where I had to live for long. So, I saw the two conflicting sides with my own eyes. After a relatively long stay in Armenia, I went to Azerbaijan.

This step took more courage and determination, because in Armenia I was told that allegedly presence in Muslim Azerbaijan is dangerous for a Christian. I was forced the opinion that Azerbaijanis in the best case will not take me in their community but at worst - kill me and torture. I admit that it was terrifying to go to Azerbaijan at that time.

Q: And when did you arrive in Azerbaijan?

A: It happened in February 1992. I happened to be in continuous round of military conflict. My arrival coincided with the Khojaly tragedy. First, I stopped in the town of Agdam where many dead bodies of Azerbaijanis were brought to. Ther were wounded, tortured and plundered. Among the dead were not only soldiers but also women, children and the elderly. The bodies were piled up in Agdam mosque for some time.

At that time, when I lived in Aghdam, the town was under constant fire from the Armenian side. There was no light and no water in the hotel where I stayed. Its upper floors were destroyed by bombing. Once, when I was very thirsty, I took a vase of flowers from the stand and drank the accumulated drop of water. But the worst for me were not the everyday difficulties that I encountered at every step, but what I saw with my own eyes. I was prepared neither psychologically or morally for these scenes.

Q: Can you openly state that the bodies of Azerbaijanis piled up in the Agdam mosque has visible signs of torture? Did you take picture of these bodies? Do you keep those pictures? Who tortured them?

A: Yes. Bodies of Azerbaijanis had the most obvious signs of torture. Undoubtedly, I saved these pictures and published many times. At the sight of such a brutal picture, I felt a terrible shock. At that time a view was spreading in Lithuania that they were Azerbaijanis who brutally treated prisoners of war and civilians.

I saw a completely different picture. I have collected dozens of concrete evidence that ethnic cleansing and torture was not carried out by Azerbaijanis, but by Armenians. It was not easy, simple and safe to collect evidence of crimes against humanity, but over time this goal was for me the main occupation.

Q: What political, economic and cultural situation Azerbaijan faces at that time?

A: Azerbaijan was weak both economically and militarily. I had no political friends. Nobody wanted to quarrel with Russia. Especially Europe did not want to quarrel with Russia over Muslim Azerbaijan. The sympathies of many for some reason tilted toward Armenians. Azerbaijani soldiers at that time were young, poorly trained, they did not have enough weapons, ammunition and medical supplies. I saw how two Azerbaijani soldiers shared one Kalashnikov gun. There were not enough bullets and enough warm clothes. Winter was cold and severe.

Azerbaijan was absolutely not ready for the war. Azerbaijanis could not understand how can they could be so clearly and cruelly hurt, according to the popular expression, in broad daylight? They did not understand how hundreds of thousands of people can be evicted from their homes in the late twentieth century? They indeed did not understand what wrong they did to Armenians.

Q: Here once you mentioned that Azerbaijanis are not warlike people ...

A: In Lithuania, and not only in Lithuania some say Azerbaijani soldiers are sadists. They say they cut off head, ears and so on. For two years I spent in Azerbaijan I have not seen a single case of cruelty by Azerbaijanis. I did not witness such facts in 1992-1994. I saw the opposite picture - tormented Azerbaijani men, children, old people, women.

Q: You could more specifically describe how Azerbaijanis were tortured?

A: This topic is too hard for me. I do not want to go into details. I can only say that bodies of Azerbaijanis were mutilated in various ways and it was obvious that the majority of people were being tortured alive.

Q: And how civilians in Nagorno-Karabakh were treated during the conflict?

A: This is a very important question. There were no safe corridors for Azerbaijani citizens to leave during the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. Caravans of retreating women, children and elderly people were persecuted. It is difficult to say why they treated them this way.

Apparently, there were nationalist organizations in Armenia who were generously funded and dreamed of creating a Greater Armenia. These organizations at all costs needed to acquire fertile Nagorno-Karabakh and it required much blood and terror. Members of those organizations even killing their Armenians who refused to shoot in the direction of Azerbaijan. There were such Armenians. That is, the war was not supported by entire Armenia. But I witnessed how a military helicopter piloted by Russian military mercenaries opened fire on a caravan of Azerbaijani civilians trying to flee a war zone.

Q: Did you witness similar tragedies in different towns of Azerbaijan?

A: Khojaly is just one of the cases. Azerbaijanis were killed in other towns as well. For example, in Agdam, Shusha. First there were long and massive bombardment and then survivors were either shot or taken prisoners.

It was the same with Khojaly. Just a few of the Azerbaijani military men armed with assault rifles were in this small town. All other Azerbaijanis had only shotguns. I witnessed this massacre with my own eyes. Together with Azerbaijan military men and journalists we sent bodies of six children with obvious signs of torture by helicopter with great difficulty. My descriptions and my pictures were sent to Lithuania, appeared in some Lithuanian newspapers and I sent my texts to West.

A terrible political scandal erupted soon. Then there was talk that Russian military men and Armenian nationalists will not forgive us for these publications. We heard rumors that even prize was promised for our heads. Some journalists were actually killed by snipers. I do not know of what nationality these snipers were.

However, my good friend journalist Chingiz Mustafayev was killed by a sniper. I do not remember the names of other slain journalists. However, Chingiz died of centrifugal bullets banned by international convention. These bullets, for example, hit a leg and go out through head. In short, it mutilates the whole body. Even the slightest injury in this case is fatal.

I especially remember the tragedy of one of Azerbaijani villages. It was defended by local teachers and students. They defended it courageously, relentlessly, although most of arms were only hunting rifles. Armenians faced great difficulty to take the village and they resorted to deceit. They dressed in the Azerbaijani army uniform and easily entered the village. It was too late when Azerbaijanis guessed deception. To my knowledge, all teachers and students of the school were killed.

Q: You are said to witness even use of chemical weapons in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict…

A: Yes, it was me who conveyed this information to whole world. This weapon was used in the territory of the Nakhchivan Republic. The use of mustard gas was not a mass phenomenon. However, some Azerbaijani soldiers have died in that years rather strange death. A strange rash and redness were discovered in their bodies. I showed copies of examinations to the Lithuanian Ministry of Health where they officially declared: such a death occurs as a result of mustard gas poisoning. And mustard gas is a chemical weapon the use of which is prohibited by all international conventions.

Q: Have you been accused of being bribed by Azerbaijanis and that you are writing in a biased way and that you're lying?

A: That period was very difficult. Some of my publications appeared in the then newspapers ‘Nemunas’, ‘Svyturys’, ‘Republic’ and ‘Lietuvos Ryta’. I even spoke at a press conference.

After my articles were published some editors were put a lot of pressure not to publish my them any longer. Even an Armenian member of parliament arrived in Vilnius in order to find out why the Lithuanian press supported Azerbaijan, but not Armenia.

I should be frank. Some editors when I asked for my royalties said they no longer will publish my articles, because the delegation of strange people threatened them almost openly. One of the editors, his name is Stanislaus Balciunas, said even the following: “You are very young, but you will not live long if you continue to behave this way.”

Poetess Marita Kontrimayte was one of those who strongly criticized me. Wherever my articles or interviews were published, Kontrimayte soon appeared. She tried to somehow belittle and otherwise deny my information and she even claimed that I an impostor and that I have never been in Nagorno-Karabakh and not able to understand the real situation.

/Day.Az/

URL: http://www.today.az/news/politics/55115.html

wow did u guys know Armenia used mustard gas during the war?
                    Just another unknown journalist seeking a name by creating a sensation on absolute lies…. Not bad at all if is also paid for that by azeris…
                    Last edited by Mukuch; 08-29-2009, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Kandaharian: Azerbaijani Incursion on Wikipedia
                      By Admin on August 31, 2009

By Shahan Kandaharian

There is a remarkable over-crowdedness on the website “The history of the truth: Armenian allegations.” The rings of an unending chain of misinformation about Armenian issues are made available online with a noticeable quickness of pace—to those, at least, who receive Armenian news in their inboxes through Google Alert. This seems to be the latest means adopted by the Turks in their information war, and it should not be ignored. Although not officially announced, this incursion of misinformation carries all the convincing ingredients that it enjoys the auspices and support of the Turkish state.
                      Last week, in parallel, the Azerbaijani “Today Az” website issued a political propaganda concern in cyberspace, calling the Azeris to war. The article, titled “The Azerbaijan-Armenia war continues on Wikipedia,” protested that the word searches of “Armenia,” “Artsakh,” “Gharapagh,” and “Artsakh conflict” yielded “false” information. The issue is clear: Artsakh is mentioned as being part of the Armenian Republic, as it was included in the borders of ancient Armenia.
                      Those who visit Wikipedia know that this open version of an encyclopedia online accepts input by visitors about a certain topic. “Today Az” therefore called for an influx of the “right” information and for the “correction” of the “falsehood” represented as information until now. In reality, of course, the call is for the perversion of facts!
                      Armenian visitors of Wikipedia must take part in this information-misinformation war. Wikipedia, or any self-respecting open encyclopedia, must finally realize that there’s the need of maintaining a certain level of credibility. And no matter how active the Azeri information incursion is, information must not be replaced by mis-information.
                      If we cannot have an impact on the intrigues of the “so-called” “history of the truth” website, we can at least take part in the maintenance of Wikipedia credibility.
                      We are not the aggressor, but we would be guilty if we stood still in the face of this unleashed attack. Meanwhile the authors of Wikipedia must understand that this incursion is as much against them as against the Armenians.
                      Shahan Kandaharian is the editor-in-chief of the Aztag Daily.

Comment

Working...
                      X