Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia and the information war

i didnt know where this belonged, it shows azeri barbarity and hatred for anything Armenian, even a stamp in a passport. Basically if u have an Armenian stamp in your passport, no matter what nationality you are they will kill you in azerbaijan.

Even a Chechen journalist can be shot in Baku for having Armenian stamp in passport
    14.10.2009 14:56 GMT+04:00
    /PanARMENIAN.Net/ Law enforcement agencies in Azerbaijan yesterday arrested Chechen journalist Asia Umarova. A day before, on October 12, the journalist was visiting Tbilisi to participate in “Journalists for War” seminar. “I left Tbilisi for Baku from where I was to set out to Grozni, my home town, via Makhachkala. On Georgian-Azerbaijani border, Azeri frontier guards got on the carriage to check passports. Seeing an Armenian stamp in my passport, they started questioning me and threatened with arrest,” Umarova told a PanARMENIAN.Net reporter.

“They asked me how long I had lived in Yerevan and whether I had close people there. One of frontier guards said it was going to be my last trip. Somehow I reached Baku. I went to the station to buy a ticket when a man came up to me and offered his help. He bought me a ticket for Makhachkala. I wanted to walk about the town but he didn’t advise me to. Then Azeri frontier guards appeared in reception hall. They came up to me, asked for my passport, and again the same story. Seeing an Armenian stamp, they started threatening, ‘We’ll shoot you dead before getting to Makhachkala, and nobody will know that’, one of them said. I burst into tears, and they said, ‘if you weep, the worse for you.’ Anyway, they let me free, and I got on train and reched Makhachkala. Now that I am in my home town, I remember everything with horror,” Umarova said.

Asia Umarova studied in Caucasus Institute of Yerevan, and probably that very fact attracted Azeri frontier guards’ attention to her, even though the journalist was Chechen by nationality.

Comment

Azeri barbarity definitely belongs in this thread nine. So the rule is that if you have NKR stamp, you are barred from entry into Azerbaijan and if you have Armenia stamp then you are threatened with execution?
      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaPapa View Post
        I'm glad you guys are documenting this. I'm not a regular to this forum but see this type of misinformation all the time. The Azeris are definitely winning the propaganda war, despite the fact that truth is on our side.
        That is because Armenians are only interested in Armenians. They seem incapable of communicating properly to a wider audience. The Azeris are interested in those who are important, which is mostly those who are neither Azeri or Armenian. They are also interested in appealing to the unprincipled, and realise the importance of satisfying that select audience.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
          That is because Armenians are only interested in Armenians. They seem incapable of communicating properly to a wider audience. The Azeris are interested in those who are important, which is mostly those who are neither Azeri or Armenian. They are also interested in appealing to the unprincipled, and realise the importance of satisfying that select audience.
          I always give Turks credit for being politically sharper than most people, especially Armenians. Recently, I see them being among the smartest (i.e. xxxs/Israelis). Looks like Turkish advisers are doing a good job in Baku.

Divide and conquer.
          kurtçul kangal

Comment

I always give Turks credit for being politically sharper than most people, especially Armenians. Recently, I see them being among the smartest (i.e. xxxs/Israelis). Looks like Turkish advisers are doing a good job in Baku.

Divide and conquer.
            That is true, the Turkish govt have so many governments kissing their ass. Of course you have to realise that the Turkish government has no honour or dignity left, so that should explain it. They will suck up to everyone and do anything that other nations with some honour and dignity would reject. Turkey does so well because it stinks of garbage and manages to find golden rings to bribe people with.

Comment

• Interesting document...Turks propaganda in NZ???

It seems that the Turks are starting to lecture their lies even in NZ.

POLITICS 327 Ethnic Conflict and International Security

7. Conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh
              Issues

- ‘minority within minority’ problem (matroshka)

- irredentism or self-determination?

- sovereignty, inviolability of borders vs secessionism
              Background

- Nagorno-Karabakh (Karabagh): 1988, pop. 180,000; 75%Armenians, 25% Azeris

- N-K Armenians: Armenian-speaking (dialect), Christian Orthodox

- Azeris: Turkic-speaking, Shi’ite Muslim
              Outline of events: perestroika period

- glasnost’ → Armenian calls for Nagorno-Karabakh to join Armenia (petitions); 20 Feb 1988, N-K Supreme Soviet requested transfer, rejected by Moscow; mass rallies

- Azeri refugees from Nagorno-Karabakh and Armenia

- clashes in N-K, 2 Azeris dead; riots/pogroms in Sumgait, February 1988

- ‘ethnic cleansing’ from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Nagorno-Karabakh

- Soviet central authorities/army attempt to restore order
              Outline of events: after break-up of USSR

- intensification of conflict; now international conflict (Armenia vs Azerbaijan); Armenian gains

- concern of regional powers; CSCE attempts to mediate cease-fire

- June 1993, Azerbaijan President Aliev replaced Elchibey

- cease-fire 1994, de facto independence for Nagorno-Karabakh, but no international recognition

- 20,000 dead, > 1m refugees, almost total ‘ethnic cleansing’
              Causes of conflict

- systemic features: • collapse of central authority

• security dilemma (rumours and fears)

• opportunity to arm

- domestic features: • concentration of Armenians in Nagorno-Karabakh

• mass-led mobilization, encouraged by local leaders

• glasnost’, perestroika, democratisation: rallies, protests, petitions, declarations of independence

• structure of Soviet institutions

- international dimension: • role of Soviet authorities

• break-up of USSR → international war (Armenian involvement)

• role of Russia, Turkey, Iran, US

• Armenian diaspora

- perceptions/history: • Armenian strong ethnic identity, myth of genocide, symbolism of Nagorno-Karabakh

• Azeri identity created during Soviet period; history of statehood (importance of territorial integrity)

• history of peaceful co-habitation, but also pogroms (especially late Tsarist and revolutionary period)
              Implications for international security

- region of ethnic tensions and instability; status of N-K still unresolved

- dangers of regional power rivalry intensified: strategic importance (oil), refugees

- economic consequences of war

- Clash of Civilisations??
              Oh, and I think I know where to buy an Armenian T-Shirt.

The media here isn't bad though, but it seems academics and politicians are using a lot of 'so called' and 'genocide' when I did a brief search through google. But when I look through the media it is pretty positive and there are very few 'genocide' and no 'so-called'. Strange....
              Last edited by hipeter924; 10-15-2009, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Re: Interesting document...Turks propaganda in NZ???

They got more money then they know what to do with. Btw i would love to go to NZ onr day. I am a big out of doors kind of guy and i hear you got great fishing there.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Divide and conquer.
                  Divide and conquer? But you are unifying! You should stop equating Turkey with Azerbaijan, they are NOT the same. If most Turks see any parallel with Azerbaijan, it is a Turkey of 20 or 30 years ago, and a Turkey they have no wish to turn back into. If the Azeris' want foreign advisers, there are plenty of US or European PR agencies queueing up for the job.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    They got more money then they know what to do with. Btw i would love to go to NZ onr day. I am a big out of doors kind of guy and i hear you got great fishing there.
                    Actually the fishing here isn't that great, and a lot of the rivers are polluted. You really have to know where you are going or you will get nothing.

The t-r-a-m-p-i-n-g tracks are good though, along with the landscape. The people here are nice too, even the Turks (a miracle I know), as for FYROM'ians as bad as they get here is writing propaganda on tables.

Only problem is that a lot of the stuff to do here is overly expensive aka bungee jumping and all the stuff they advertise is $129+ a person at minimum. I haven't done anything like that for that very reason...too expensive.

Why the word filter???

Comment

Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post
                      Actually the fishing here isn't that great, and a lot of the rivers are polluted. You really have to know where you are going or you will get nothing.

The t-r-a-m-p-i-n-g tracks are good though, along with the landscape. The people here are nice too, even the Turks (a miracle I know), as for FYROM'ians as bad as they get here is writing propaganda on tables.

Only problem is that a lot of the stuff to do here is overly expensive aka bungee jumping and all the stuff they advertise is $129+ a person at minimum. I haven't done anything like that for that very reason...too expensive.

Why the word filter???
                      Bah that sux i thought you had beramundis and trout there but i guess not iin great numbers.
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X