Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia and the information war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenia and the information war

Originally posted by Kiffer View Post
    Radio Free Europe is a private radio financed by USA.
    Same xxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Kiffer View Post
      Radio Free Europe is a private radio financed by USA.
      Actually it was created by CIA for antisoviet propaganda, and "Private" is just a cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
        Actually it was created by CIA for antisoviet propaganda, and "Private" is just a cover.
        Most US radio stations in Europe were, it goes back to WW2 when broadcasts were sent across the channel to France and other part's of Europe; when it ended the US (and allies) switched to using radio to send propaganda and news from the west to the people in the Warsaw Pact countries.
        Last edited by hipeter924; 03-18-2010, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I just got this by e-mail.

To armenians on Face book!! ... the Turks set up a fake group... do not go to the group

24 April 1915 it will unleash viruses ... warn your friends...

The Group called 24 April 1915 is fake, a Turkish propaganda group, fake Armenian names, made to insult Armenians and Armenia .

DO NOT OPEN any pictures as they carry viruses!!!

LEAVE THAT GROUP NOW! ! and report it..

Please pass this on to your people on Face book. Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
            I just got this by e-mail.

To armenians on Face book!! ... the Turks set up a fake group... do not go to the group

24 April 1915 it will unleash viruses ... warn your friends...

The Group called 24 April 1915 is fake, a Turkish propaganda group, fake Armenian names, made to insult Armenians and Armenia .

DO NOT OPEN any pictures as they carry viruses!!!

LEAVE THAT GROUP NOW! ! and report it..

Please pass this on to your people on Face book. Thanks!!!
            i dont get how you enjoy doing xxxx like this, ok you disagree with what happened but doing xxxx like this shows how stupid these people are. Both azeris and turks act this way, you will never see an Armenian stoop to there level. We dont hack anti-Armenian sites, we fight with our intellect and with facts and evidence. They do this xxxx because they dont have the intellect to act like normal civilized people.

Comment

If the truth and evidence is not on your side then this is what you do.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                If the truth and evidence is not on your side then this is what you do.
                exactly, i disagree with khojaly but you dont see me doing xxxx like this, you dont see me hacking azeri websites and posting stupid stuff, why? Because we are civilized people, we are intellectuals and we fight with the truth, unlike them who cower and hide behind there computers.
                Im going to report the group, you guys should to.

Comment

Originally posted by ninetoyadome View Post
                  i dont get how you enjoy doing xxxx like this, ok you disagree with what happened but doing xxxx like this shows how stupid these people are. Both azeris and turks act this way, you will never see an Armenian stoop to there level. We dont hack anti-Armenian sites, we fight with our intellect and with facts and evidence. They do this xxxx because they dont have the intellect to act like normal civilized people.
                  I hope your frustration words are not directed towards me?

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
                    I hope your frustration words are not directed towards me?
                    No, im frustrated that people will make fake groups and spread viruses because they disagree with what happened in 1915.

Comment

PM’s remarks worry Armenian migrants in Turkey

The Turkish prime minister’s recent suggestion that undocumented citizens of Armenia may have to be deported has raised fears among Armenian workers living in Turkey.

Many migrants send the money they earn in Turkey to their families in Armenia, supporting that country’s economy.

Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s comments to journalists in London on Tuesday came after a U.S. Congressional committee and the Swedish parliament accepted claims of “genocide” regarding the incidents of 1915. The prime minister claimed that there are 100,000 undocumented Armenians working in Turkey and that Ankara has so far tolerated them.

“So what will I do tomorrow? If necessary, I will tell them ‘come on, back to your country’... I’m not obliged to keep them in my country. Those actions [on genocide resolutions] unfortunately have a negative impact on our sincere attitudes,” Agence France-Presse quoted him as saying.

According to a study by the Eurasia Partnership Foundation, there are anywhere between 6,000 and 70,000 people from Armenia residing in Turkey. A journalist from the weekly Agos estimated the number of Armenians working in Turkey at between 12,000 and 14,000, based on Ministry of Labor statistics.

Speaking to daily Radikal, Karina, an Armenian citizen working in Istanbul’s Kumkapı district, said she is worried about the statement. Karina, who declined to give her surname, has been living with a tourist visa in Turkey for the past five years. “Deportation will be bad for me economically and socially,” she said.

Making a living

Others speaking to daily Radikal also said they had to work in Turkey to make a living.

Armen, who also refrained from giving his surname, said he has a life in Turkey and does not want to leave that behind. “Even if the police come to me with a knife in their hands, I will not leave here,” he said. “I am married. My children are with me and we are all right here.”

According to recent research, there are around 800 children who were born in Turkey to Armenian parents who live undocumented in the country. These children are in a legal limbo, citizens of neither nation.

“If I am deported, I will find a way to return to Turkey,” said Giyma Harutunyan, who has been living in Turkey for the past five years.

Yura Sarkisyan, 70, who is involved in the “shuttle trade,” told Radikal: “It is the politicians who make this thing complicated. There is no good in bringing up events that happened a long time ago. We do not want to leave. We are thankful to all the Turkish people.”

Some undocumented Armenians, however, said they would leave if they were no longer wanted in Turkey. A.N., 37, identified only by her initials, said she loved Turkey and has lived here for four years now, daily Hürriyet reported Thursday. “But if they want, we will leave. We are here because the chance to find a job in Armenia is small. This is our country’s fault,” said A.N., who works as a salesperson in Istanbul’s Aksaray district.

M.H., 43, also identified only by her initials, has worked as babysitter for four years in Turkey. She said plans to go back to Armenia within one or two years.

“People should not suffer due to politics. We have a life here,” she said.

The other side of the coin

T.Z., 28, identified only by her initials, told Hürriyet she was a student of Russian literature before she came to Turkey. “I work in a textile firm here,” she said. “My husband lives in Armenia. I want him to come here, too.”

T.Z. said the prime minister’s statements irked her. “Hundreds of thousands of Turks are working in Europe illegally,” she said. “Turkey should not forget that.”

Haygazun Alvrstyan, an academic from Yerevan State University, told the Hürriyet Daily News & Economic Review on Thursday that Erdoğan’s statements are a disturbing reminder of history. “[They again want] Armenians to be deported. It is a shame that this statement is made by a prime minister,” he said.

The academic added that there are only about 10,000 Armenian citizens in Turkey, saying Erdoğan is exaggerating the figure in order to “coerce the European Union and the U.S. not to approve resolutions on genocide claims.”

Siranuys Dvyoan, a professor in Armenia, said undocumented workers are not just Armenia’s problem, noting that Turks work in various countries in a similar fashion. “Turkey is trying to display Armenia as a poor country in the world,” she said.

Tevan Poghosyan, from the Yerevan-based International Center of Human Development, said Erdoğan is trying to distract attention from the genocide issue.

Vercihan Ziflioğlu contributed to this report from Istanbul.

--------------------------------------------------

I agree with the fact that peoples struggles to make a living, but in my opinion some of the "comments" by these 'Armenians' residing in Turkey sound like not coming from an Armenian, or at least not one proud to be one or one making such under threat. Is an Armenian really disposed to forget what the Turks did to us so easily just because some more money? And furthermore, is Armenia the one to blame guilt on because of the lack of job opportunities, such a truth this is that they have to go and kiss the Turks hands because of that?

I know the report comes from a Turkish daily, which of course means it underwent heavy "editing" in the Turks campaign to make Armenia look like a miserable poor country, but I cannot help but think about a phrase I heard once...I think it was from Turkish-Armenian "The Armenians who live in Turkey are particularly 'Turkish'"....
                      Last edited by ashot24; 03-19-2010, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X