Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

BREAKING NEWS: Armenia Suspends Relations with Hungary

President Sarkisian addresses the foreign diplomatic corps on Friday
    YEREVAN—President Serzh Sarkisian suspended all relations with Hungary Friday in the aftermath of that country decision to covertly extradite an Azeri office who brutally murdered an Armenian soldier in 2004 during a joint NATO military retreat, reported the presidential press service.
    After meeting with Armenian National Security Council, Sarkisian convened a meeting of foreign diplomatic corps to convey Armenia’s anger and its decision to immediately suspend relations with Hungary.
    Lt. Ramil Safarov sentenced to life in prison in Hungary for hacking to death Armenian officer, Lt. Gurgen Markarian, was sent back to Azerbaijan Friday and, despite assurances, was immediately pardoned and freed by Azeri President Ilham Aliyev.
    Safarov was given a life sentence in 2006 by the Budapest City Court after he confessed to killing Markarian while both were in Hungary for a 2004 NATO language course.
    Hungary returned the 35-year-old Safarov to Azerbaijan only after receiving assurances from the Azerbaijani Justice Ministry that Safarov’s sentence, which included the possibility of parole after 25 years, would be enforced.
    In very terse remarks, Sarkisian condemned Hungary for the transfer and also criticized the international community for not responding to apparent warning by Armenia, which adhered to international calls to not politicize the case.
    In an earlier meeting with Armenia’s National Security Council, Sarkisian announced that he has instructed the defense ministry to place all troops on high alert, urged the National Assembly to convene an emergency session. He also announced that he has a “special assignment” for the head of Armenia’s National Security Service Gorik Hakpyan.
    Below is the text of Sarkisian’s remarks to diplomats as presented by the presidential office without edits:
    Distinguished Ambassadors:
    Unfortunately today we invited you to the President’s Office on an extraordinary occasion. As you should know, an officer of the Azeri military who had killed Armenian officer Gurgen Margaryan, was transferred to Azerbaijan. The President of Azerbaijan – and we have been warning about it – has immediately granted pardon to him.
    This has happened because the Government of Hungary, a member State of the European Union and NATO, has made a deal with the authorities of Azerbaijan.
    I do not want to revisit the circumstances of the murder of Gurgen Margaryan; you are very well aware of them. As the trial had demonstrated, the horrendous manslaughter took place only because Gurgen Margaryan was an Armenian.
    Immediately after this crime had been perpetrated the Hungarian authorities as well as our partners – EU and NATO member States, were continually urging us to refrain from politicizing that process. We were continually urged to trust the judiciary of Hungary, a member State to those important alliances.
    We have been closely following all the developments around that criminal. This issue has been discussed during each and every meeting with the President, Speaker of the Parliament, Foreign Minister and Ambassador of Hungary, and we have been assured on numerous occasions that such a transfer or a return of a criminal to Azerbaijan was excluded. We have received that same response to our requests during our contacts just a few days ago with the representatives of the Hungarian Foreign Ministry and Parliament. But as a result of perfidious developments the murderer has turned up in Baku and got released.
    I have nothing to say about Azerbaijan – just plainly nothing. That country speaks about itself with the actions it takes, and I am not the one to explain those steps.
    Ambassadors, Ladies and Gentlemen:
    With their joint actions the authorities of Hungary and Azerbaijan have opened the door for the recurrence of such crimes. With this decision they convey a clear message to the butchers. The slaughterers hereafter are well aware of impunity they can enjoy for the murder driven by ethnic or religious hatred.
    I CAN NOT TOLERATE THAT.
    THE REPUBLIC OF ARMENIA CAN NOT TOLERATE THAT.
    THE ARMENIAN NATION WILL NEVER FORGIVE THAT.
    I officially announce that as of today we suspend diplomatic relations and all official contacts with Hungary.
    We expect a precise and unambiguous response by all our partners with regard to this incident.
    Anyone who tolerates this, will tomorrow be held responsible to history.
    Half-measures and circumlocution are not acceptable.
    We will judge the attitude of our partners towards the security of the Armenian nation by their response to this incident.
    I request you urgently to convey this as my personal message to the Heads of your States and Governments.
    That is all I wanted to say. I do not know if Q&A will make sense or not? I think it won’t since what happened can hardly be accommodated by a reasonable mind. A country that considers itself developed and civilized does not have the right to behave this way and it well deserves proper assessment by its partners.

very well said by Sarkisian but what does it mean “special assignment”?

Comment

Originally posted by ninetoyadome View Post
      BREAKING NEWS: Armenia Suspends Relations with Hungary

President Sarkisian addresses the foreign diplomatic corps on Friday
      YEREVAN—President Serzh Sarkisian suspended all relations with Hungary Friday in the aftermath of that country decision to covertly extradite an Azeri office who brutally murdered an Armenian soldier in 2004 during a joint NATO military retreat, reported the presidential press service.
      After meeting with Armenian National Security Council, Sarkisian convened a meeting of foreign diplomatic corps to convey Armenia’s anger and its decision to immediately suspend relations with Hungary.
      Lt. Ramil Safarov sentenced to life in prison in Hungary for hacking to death Armenian officer, Lt. Gurgen Markarian, was sent back to Azerbaijan Friday and, despite assurances, was immediately pardoned and freed by Azeri President Ilham Aliyev.
      Safarov was given a life sentence in 2006 by the Budapest City Court after he confessed to killing Markarian while both were in Hungary for a 2004 NATO language course.
      Hungary returned the 35-year-old Safarov to Azerbaijan only after receiving assurances from the Azerbaijani Justice Ministry that Safarov’s sentence, which included the possibility of parole after 25 years, would be enforced.
      In very terse remarks, Sarkisian condemned Hungary for the transfer and also criticized the international community for not responding to apparent warning by Armenia, which adhered to international calls to not politicize the case.
      In an earlier meeting with Armenia’s National Security Council, Sarkisian announced that he has instructed the defense ministry to place all troops on high alert, urged the National Assembly to convene an emergency session. He also announced that he has a “special assignment” for the head of Armenia’s National Security Service Gorik Hakpyan.
      Below is the text of Sarkisian’s remarks to diplomats as presented by the presidential office without edits:
      Distinguished Ambassadors:
      Unfortunately today we invited you to the President’s Office on an extraordinary occasion. As you should know, an officer of the Azeri military who had killed Armenian officer Gurgen Margaryan, was transferred to Azerbaijan. The President of Azerbaijan – and we have been warning about it – has immediately granted pardon to him.
      This has happened because the Government of Hungary, a member State of the European Union and NATO, has made a deal with the authorities of Azerbaijan.
      I do not want to revisit the circumstances of the murder of Gurgen Margaryan; you are very well aware of them. As the trial had demonstrated, the horrendous manslaughter took place only because Gurgen Margaryan was an Armenian.
      Immediately after this crime had been perpetrated the Hungarian authorities as well as our partners – EU and NATO member States, were continually urging us to refrain from politicizing that process. We were continually urged to trust the judiciary of Hungary, a member State to those important alliances.
      We have been closely following all the developments around that criminal. This issue has been discussed during each and every meeting with the President, Speaker of the Parliament, Foreign Minister and Ambassador of Hungary, and we have been assured on numerous occasions that such a transfer or a return of a criminal to Azerbaijan was excluded. We have received that same response to our requests during our contacts just a few days ago with the representatives of the Hungarian Foreign Ministry and Parliament. But as a result of perfidious developments the murderer has turned up in Baku and got released.
      I have nothing to say about Azerbaijan – just plainly nothing. That country speaks about itself with the actions it takes, and I am not the one to explain those steps.
      Ambassadors, Ladies and Gentlemen:
      With their joint actions the authorities of Hungary and Azerbaijan have opened the door for the recurrence of such crimes. With this decision they convey a clear message to the butchers. The slaughterers hereafter are well aware of impunity they can enjoy for the murder driven by ethnic or religious hatred.
      I CAN NOT TOLERATE THAT.
      THE REPUBLIC OF ARMENIA CAN NOT TOLERATE THAT.
      THE ARMENIAN NATION WILL NEVER FORGIVE THAT.
      I officially announce that as of today we suspend diplomatic relations and all official contacts with Hungary.
      We expect a precise and unambiguous response by all our partners with regard to this incident.
      Anyone who tolerates this, will tomorrow be held responsible to history.
      Half-measures and circumlocution are not acceptable.
      We will judge the attitude of our partners towards the security of the Armenian nation by their response to this incident.
      I request you urgently to convey this as my personal message to the Heads of your States and Governments.
      That is all I wanted to say. I do not know if Q&A will make sense or not? I think it won’t since what happened can hardly be accommodated by a reasonable mind. A country that considers itself developed and civilized does not have the right to behave this way and it well deserves proper assessment by its partners.

very well said by Sarkisian but what does it mean “special assignment”?
      I am extremely pleased by the words spoken by the president of Armenia. Extremely.
      The question you ask in my opinion shouldn't be put out on public display by us(Armenians) but simply and clearly understood.
      The talking time is over.
      Artashes

Comment

Comment

Bravo Armenia! Bravo Sarkisian! Finally Armenia stood up instead of being this soft thing being put aside. This is very good, not only does this smack them in the face with facts but puts them in a bind to put up or shut up themselves. Can you believe they asked us to keep quite from the start? Good move we waited, they did something stupid now it is an International mess

Now that is what I call good politics! Wait, wait keep quite as told, they made a stupid move now it is open for all to see. What will the say now? Good move!

And if Nato can't keep our guys safe on a Nato base what makes you think they will watch our backs on the battlefield?

Let us wait and see how this playes out. Next step is to withdraw our troops from Nato bases! All they manage to do is use us for what they need, how could they let this happen on a Nato base? What a crock!

Let the show begin!

"In an earlier meeting with Armenia’s National Security Council, Sarkisian announced that he has instructed the defense ministry to place all troops on high alert, urged the National Assembly to convene an emergency session. He also announced that he has a “special assignment” for the head of Armenia’s National Security Service Gorik Hakpyan."

Getze Hayastan!
          Last edited by Vahram; 08-31-2012, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vahram View Post
            Bravo Armenia! Bravo Sarkisian! Finally Armenia stood up instead of being this soft thing being put aside. This is very good, not only does this smack them in the face with facts but puts them in a bind to put up or shut up themselves. Can you believe they asked us to keep quite from the start? Good move we waited, they did something stupid now it is an International mess

Now that is what I call good politics! Wait, wait keep quite as told, they made a stupid move now it is open for all to see. What will the say now? Good move!

And if Nato can't keep our guys safe on a Nato base what makes you think they will watch our backs on the battlefield?

Let us wait and see how this playes out. Next step is to withdraw our troops from Nato bases! All they manage to do is use us for what they need, how could they let this happen on a Nato base? What a crock!

Let the show begin!
            Reading the cowardly baboons reason for why he committed murder I read this --- the Armenian belittled me to my face and I didn't have the bxlls to stand up to him like a man so I waited until he(the Armenian) was asleep to do what nxtless baboons do best. Did I read that right. Yes is the correct answer.
            Artashes

Comment

mmm... apa.az is down
              Weird or what ?

Comment

Gloves are off! Now when we take these actions no one can say anything!

Lets see what happenes, I have never seen Armenia this assertive

Comment

Although I agree with the first steps taken by our President, we must not forget this is one more battle in our bigger war.

The nature of this battle is diplomatic which involves the mass media also.

As to how we come out of this battle will depend on the responses we get from different Governments and the foreign mass media.

It will be very easy to portray Azerbaijan as an untrustworthy negotiating partner.
                  As a result the status quo of Karabagh has been given a new lease of life.

I guess in diplomatic circles it will be very difficult for “big powers” to put pressure on Armenia to take unpopular decisions for a very very long time.

I am sure this will reverberate in the Armenian political circles for a long time.
                  However we must watch and listen how the foreign media handles this and for how long.

Currently we have the moral high ground ... we think ... ( In an immoral world morals are not measured by morals!! ).
                  Having the high ground should never lead to complacency.
                  Its up to our government’s skill as to how we fight this battle.
                  Undoubtedly the other side is not inactive.
                  Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                  Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                  Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Armenian Army

Comment

Armenians wound soldier of Azerbaijan army

[ 01 Sep 2012 15:27 ]
                      Baku. Hafiz Heydarov - APA. The soldier of Azerbaijan Army was wounded as the result of Armenians’ ceasefire violation.

The incident was recorded in the direction of Azerbaijan’s Aghdam region’s frontline, APA reports. Soldier of Azerbaijani Army Mammedli Jeyhun Tehran was shot by the Armenian armed forces. He was hospitalized. His state reported serious.

Armenian Army was prepared for the situation after the extradition of the officer of Azerbaijani Army Ramil Safarov, who was in Hungary’s prison and was pardoned by President Ilham Aliyev.

According to the information placed on the Armenian President’s website, Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan said at he National Security Council’s meeting that Erevan can’t be reconciled with the last event and must take concrete steps.
                      apa.az

Comment

Working...
                      X