Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Safar Abiyev and Fuzuli Alakbarov not included in new Azerbaijani government

[ 22 October 2013 19:49 ]
    Baku-APA. Azerbaijan's President Ilham Aliyev has confirmed the composition of the new government.

APA reports that under the order signed by President, former Defense Minister Safar Abiyev and Minister of Labor and Social Protection of Population Fuzuli Alakbarov have not been included in the new government.

Zakir Hasanov is new Defense Minister of Azerbaijan, Salim Muslumov is the Minister of Labor and Social Protection of Population.

Up to now Zakir Hasanov has been commander of Interior Troops, Salim Muslumov chairman of the State Social Protection Fund.
    apa.az

Comment

Azerbaijan changes its defence minister for the first time since 1995... Abiyev was one of the longest serving DMs in the world.
      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Azerbaijan opens fire on vehicles, one Armenian soldier is dead

Azerbaijan opens fire on vehicles, one Armenian soldier is deadOctober 22, 2013 | 17:09

YEREVAN. – The adversary opened fire, on Tuesday at around 1pm-2pm, on the vehicles traveling along the Berd-Ijevan motorway in Armenia’s Tavush Region.

Those in civilian and military vehicles, alike, suffered from the shots.

As a result of the shots fired upon a military motorcade, conscript, Private Garik Poghosyan (born in 1994) died, informs the Armenian MOD press service.

In addition, conscripts, Privates Artur Andranikyan (born in 1994), Arayik Zhamharyan (born in 1994), and Martin Petrosyan (born in 1994) sustained varying degrees of gunshot wounds.

The office of Andrzej Kasprzyk, Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairman-in-Office, has been informed of this incident.

News from Armenia - NEWS.am

I feel angry , i know this have a connection with azeri new DM. i blame the goverment for letting those animals think that is safe for them to kill people like this .... REMEMBER PEOPLE THIS IS NOT ARTSACH THIS IS IN ARMENIAN PROPER .. MEMBER OF CSTO ..... What have other CSTO member have to say about this ? .... Now that US is facing serious problems ... the region is only at Russias hand ...
        We must act ..i dont care what it takes , im sorry guys i cannot live like knowing this killins happening EVERYDAY now ... war it is .. the soldier is born 1994 ..IT COULD BE MY OWN BROTHER FFS THERE .. Whats next ...i must fear my children will go and maybe something will happen ? ....PROBLEM MUST BE SOLVED ...Every generation is new ARMENIA NEW PEOPLE ... IS LIKE EVERYHTING MUST HAPPEN THINK AGAIN and again and again ...i know armenian around the world face everyday problems i know its hard for everyone .. we must ALL train our minds and body of what WE ALL KNOW MUST BE DONE ....I DONT CARE IF IT TAKE MILITARY DICTATORSHIP I DONT CARE WHO WILL BE ...We need a leader we all feel the pain of the lose . RIP i pray for my fellow brothers

Comment

It is good to see a fellowArmenian who gives xxxx about this. I agree with you 100%.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
            Azerbaijan changes its defence minister for the first time since 1995... Abiyev was one of the longest serving DMs in the world.
            Is this new one Zakir Hasanov someone who will increase Azerbaijans capabilities or just another loyalist.

Comment

THE SUNDAY TIMES: BRITISH SPECIAL FORCES CARRIED OUT SECRET TRAININGS IN AZERBAIJAN

19:21 21/10/2013 " SOCIETY

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office paid for the SAS to train
              Azerbaijan's special forces in an effort to gain influence with the
              hardline ex-Soviet regime, the British Sunday Times writes.

According to a leaked document seen by The Sunday Times, members of
              the UK's elite fighting force taught their counterparts sniper skills
              and how to storm buildings as part of a six-week training mission.

"The paper says one of the aims of the deployment in 2006 - codenamed
              Operation Lanark - was to "enhance" the FCO's standing in the central
              Asian republic," the article reads.

The article notes that western politicians have long been keen to
              court Azerbaijan and Ilham Aliyev, its president, because of the vast
              oil and gas reserves beneath the Caspian Sea.

"But human rights groups have accused Aliyev's government of seeking
              to silence opposition by arresting and imprisoning dozens of political
              activists on bogus charges," The Sunday Times reports.

Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmeniaSacra View Post
                That's a pretty massive explosion at 3:08...any ideas as to what it can be?
                If you play frame by frame it looks like the explosion takes a long time to complete.(relative to other explosions) Plus the amount of air that's being moved in the shockwave, my guess is a thermobaric weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                  THE SUNDAY TIMES: BRITISH SPECIAL FORCES CARRIED OUT SECRET TRAININGS IN AZERBAIJAN

19:21 21/10/2013 " SOCIETY

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office paid for the SAS to train
                  Azerbaijan's special forces in an effort to gain influence with the
                  hardline ex-Soviet regime, the British Sunday Times writes.

According to a leaked document seen by The Sunday Times, members of
                  the UK's elite fighting force taught their counterparts sniper skills
                  and how to storm buildings as part of a six-week training mission.

"The paper says one of the aims of the deployment in 2006 - codenamed
                  Operation Lanark - was to "enhance" the FCO's standing in the central
                  Asian republic," the article reads.

The article notes that western politicians have long been keen to
                  court Azerbaijan and Ilham Aliyev, its president, because of the vast
                  oil and gas reserves beneath the Caspian Sea.

"But human rights groups have accused Aliyev's government of seeking
                  to silence opposition by arresting and imprisoning dozens of political
                  activists on bogus charges," The Sunday Times reports.

http://www.panorama.am/en/society/20.../sunday-times/

Brits have taught them not defense, not peacekeeping skills, but sniper skills knowing where they were going to be used. Sons of beaches

Comment

Armenian Army
                    Special Forces

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
                      Brits have taught them not defense, not peacekeeping skills, but sniper skills knowing where they were going to be used. Sons of beaches
                      This is nothing new. The anti Armenian policies by the british date back to the days of the czars. It is stuff like this that makes me very mad when idiots try to say that joining the west is the only way to go for Armenia..
                      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                      X