Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Comment

Originally posted by Chubs View Post
      Polish cherries have arrived. Ditch the crotch protection, shoulder protection, and neck protection (This stuff hardly ever gets worn in the field, even by modern military like the US and Russia) and I think itll work. It looks like part of it relies on a plate, so Armenia can just replace the item that carries the body armor they obviously produce.

I like the polish helmet cover as well.

Whatever it is, its still better than what the poor Ukrainians have. Ive seen several photos of rusting steel rectangles being shoved into Ukrainian vests.
      They should provide it to all our soldiers who are defending the frontline. It might be only solution for reducing the death numbers of ours.

Comment

I don't think its that bad in our side like this loser mentions,I did see some civilians being taken to front when I visited Gyumri in late July and early August but does it happen everytime like this soldier allegedly says?

Armenian soldier who surrendered to Azerbaijan: Military unit’s detachment commander Suren Balayan and senior sergeant Artur Salmanyan used to beat me

PHOTOSESSION
        [ 30 March 2015 14:04 ]
        Human rights defenders met with the Armenian serviceman Andranik Grigoryan, held in Azerbaijan

Baku. Shahriyar Alizade – APA. Chairman of Azerbaijan’s Anti-Torture Committee, human rights defender Elchin Behbudov and his deputy Elchin Shirinov have met with the Armenian soldier Andranik Grigoryan who surrendered to Azerbaijan.

Elchin Behbudov told APA in this regard that Andranik Grigoryan, born in Khojavand district in 1991, has confessed that he crossed into the Azerbaijani side with his own will.

“He told us during the talk that he is pleased with the treatment toward him here in Azerbaijan. Unlike in the military unit where he served, he is fed three times a day in Azerbaijan. Fruit juice or coffee is given time to him whenever he wants. And he is allowed to go to bathroom 3-4 times a week, take a walk in open air, and is being kept in a warm place. There is a TV set in his room. I asked him if he is given newspapers. He said he cannot read a newspaper as he does not understand Azerbaijani. He told me that he wants to become an artist and therefore he is given a pen, a pencil and a copy book. He wanted oil paint, too. I told him that next time I would bring him oil paint and other things necessary. Andranik said the conditions in the military where he served were awful, and that he used to be beaten by detachment commander Suren Balayan and senior sergeant Artur Salmanyan. He said the soldiers there were given non-fresh foods and their place was cold and in poor conditions. He added that other Armenian servicemen can also cross to the Azerbaijan side if they get a chance”.

On March 22, serviceman of the Armenian Armed Forces, Andranik Araratovich Grigoryan, born in Khojavand district in 1991, left the military unit and voluntarily surrendered to the Azerbaijani side.

Andranik Grigoryan said that he was born in Martuni district in 1991.

“I voluntarily surrendered to the Azerbaijani side. My act has a very simple reason. I’m afraid of senseless death. I was not alone while crossing the frontline. Another soldier attempted to cross to your side with me. I moved faster. I threw the gun and came towards your side. I don't know what happened to him. I think that he isn't alive anymore,” he noted.

He also added that the Armenian government wanted to hide the incident, took place on March 19, from the people, everybody is aware of it.

“More than 20 soldiers were killed and dozens wounded during a trivial provocation. Civilians are taken to the posts due to shortage of soldiers. I do not want to be the next victim of their dirty games. The horrific conditions in Nagorno-Karabakh, indiscipline in military units, lack of ammunition, shortage of food and medicine, conflict between the local Armenians and Armenian Armenians, officers’ bad attitude toward the soldiers and ensigns, disorder have worn me out. There are a lot of people tired of living in such conditions and wanting to cross to Azerbaijan like me. Frankly, they don’t dare to do it, as they don’t know what expect them here. I also thought a lot before taking this step, then decided to surrender voluntarily, instead of waiting for my death. In sharp contrast to my expectations, you welcomed me here normal and gave me enough food and drink,” Grigoryan underlined.
        Last edited by argin; 03-30-2015, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Sad situation eitherway

Comment

Originally posted by argin View Post
            I don't think its that bad in our side like this loser mentions,I did see some civilians being taken to front when I visited Gyumri in late July and early August but does it happen everytime like this soldier allegedly says?

Armenian soldier who surrendered to Azerbaijan: Military unit’s detachment commander Suren Balayan and senior sergeant Artur Salmanyan used to beat me

PHOTOSESSION
            [ 30 March 2015 14:04 ]
            Human rights defenders met with the Armenian serviceman Andranik Grigoryan, held in Azerbaijan

Baku. Shahriyar Alizade – APA. Chairman of Azerbaijan’s Anti-Torture Committee, human rights defender Elchin Behbudov and his deputy Elchin Shirinov have met with the Armenian soldier Andranik Grigoryan who surrendered to Azerbaijan.

Elchin Behbudov told APA in this regard that Andranik Grigoryan, born in Khojavand district in 1991, has confessed that he crossed into the Azerbaijani side with his own will.

“He told us during the talk that he is pleased with the treatment toward him here in Azerbaijan. Unlike in the military unit where he served, he is fed three times a day in Azerbaijan. Fruit juice or coffee is given time to him whenever he wants. And he is allowed to go to bathroom 3-4 times a week, take a walk in open air, and is being kept in a warm place. There is a TV set in his room. I asked him if he is given newspapers. He said he cannot read a newspaper as he does not understand Azerbaijani. He told me that he wants to become an artist and therefore he is given a pen, a pencil and a copy book. He wanted oil paint, too. I told him that next time I would bring him oil paint and other things necessary. Andranik said the conditions in the military where he served were awful, and that he used to be beaten by detachment commander Suren Balayan and senior sergeant Artur Salmanyan. He said the soldiers there were given non-fresh foods and their place was cold and in poor conditions. He added that other Armenian servicemen can also cross to the Azerbaijan side if they get a chance”.

On March 22, serviceman of the Armenian Armed Forces, Andranik Araratovich Grigoryan, born in Khojavand district in 1991, left the military unit and voluntarily surrendered to the Azerbaijani side.

Andranik Grigoryan said that he was born in Martuni district in 1991.

“I voluntarily surrendered to the Azerbaijani side. My act has a very simple reason. I’m afraid of senseless death. I was not alone while crossing the frontline. Another soldier attempted to cross to your side with me. I moved faster. I threw the gun and came towards your side. I don't know what happened to him. I think that he isn't alive anymore,” he noted.

He also added that the Armenian government wanted to hide the incident, took place on March 19, from the people, everybody is aware of it.

“More than 20 soldiers were killed and dozens wounded during a trivial provocation. Civilians are taken to the posts due to shortage of soldiers. I do not want to be the next victim of their dirty games. The horrific conditions in Nagorno-Karabakh, indiscipline in military units, lack of ammunition, shortage of food and medicine, conflict between the local Armenians and Armenian Armenians, officers’ bad attitude toward the soldiers and ensigns, disorder have worn me out. There are a lot of people tired of living in such conditions and wanting to cross to Azerbaijan like me. Frankly, they don’t dare to do it, as they don’t know what expect them here. I also thought a lot before taking this step, then decided to surrender voluntarily, instead of waiting for my death. In sharp contrast to my expectations, you welcomed me here normal and gave me enough food and drink,” Grigoryan underlined.
            azeris are making him say it, don't you remember Manvel Saribekyan? He worked on a farm and was captured by azeris. They made him say he was Armenian special forces and he was going to blow up a school or something. They later killed him. This is the same situation, except he fled instead of being captured. He was also on a contract so he could have left the army when ever he wanted. It's all BS by the azeris again.

Comment

Why is serj in china? Getting some new toys, maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Ak105 View Post
                Why is serj in china? Getting some new toys, maybe?
                Possibly, but in the news they're mostly talking about Armenia wanting to cooperate with the new Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank and trying to get funding for the Armenia - Iran railway to help create a "Silk Road" again. Because China seems to be wanting to create a modern trade network like the old Silk Road.

Comment

You can't disregard everything that's not in favor for Armenia, regardless if they are making him say it or not Argin confirmed there is some truth to the statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
                    You can't disregard everything that's not in favor for Armenia, regardless if they are making him say it or not Argin confirmed there is some truth to the statement.
                    This is another example to use the right term for what you mean. Because what did he confirm? Did they send civilians that didn't do military service to the frontlines? Or did they call up reservists to serve?

Comment

I've noticed a large shift in the statements regarding a possible war. Just recently, of course after the acquisition of Iskander launchers, Ohanian has been asserting that war is highly unlikely. Hes been saying this for months, can this be connected to the arms acquisition?
                      Armenian colony of Glendale will conquer all of California!

Comment

Working...
                      X