Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Really good video>
    Promo (short) version of the seventh documentary in the series named "Back to Armenia" devoted to the migration issues in Armenia. www.backtoarmenia.com

Comment

Photos of the Armenian Army for the last fifteen years:

Comment

Հայաստանում ռուսական ռազմաբազայի մասին արձանագրության ամբողջ տեքստը
        Օգոստոս 17, 2010 | 17:53

NEWS.am-ը ներկայացնում է Ռուսաստանի Դաշնության եւ Հայաստանի Հանրապետության միջեւ` Հայաստանի Հանրապետության տարածքում ռուսաստանյան ռազմակայանի մասին պայմանագրում փոփոխություններ կատարելու արձանագրության նախագիծը: Փաստաթուղթը ստորագրվելու է Ռուսաստանի նախագահ Դմիտրի Մեդվեդեւի՝ օգոստոսի 19-22-ին Երեւան կատարելիք այցի ընթացքում.

Նախագիծ

Արձանագրություն N5

Ռուսաստանի Դաշնության եւ Հայաստանի Հանրապետության միջեւ` Հայաստանի Հանրապետության տարածքում ռուսաստանյան ռազմակայանի մասին Ռուսաստանի Դաշնության եւ Հայաստանի Հանրապետության միջեւ 1995 թվականի մարտի 16-ի Պայմանագրում փոփոխություններ կատարելու մասին

Ռուսաստանի Դաշնությունը եւ Հայաստանի Հանրապետությունը, որոնք այսուհետ կկոչվեն Կողմեր,

առաջնորդվելով Հայաստանի Հանրապետության տարածքում ռուսաստանյան ռազմակայանի մասին Ռուսաստանի Դաշնության եւ Հայաստանի Հանրապետության միջեւ 1995 թվականի մարտի 16-ի Պայմանագրի (այսուհետ` Պայմանագիր) 26-րդ հոդվածով,

ուշադրության առնելով ավելի վաղ ձեռք բերված պայմանավորվածությունները,

համաձայնեցին ներքոհիշյալի մասին.

Հոդված 1

Պայմանագրի 3-րդ հոդվածը շարադրել հետեւյալ խմբագրությամբ.

«Հոդված 3

Ռուսաստանյան ռազմակայանը իրականացնում է Կողմերի համապատասխան պայմանավորվածություններից բխող խնդիրներ:

Ռուսաստանյան ռազմակայանը Հայաստանի Հանրապետության տարածքում գտնվելու ժամանակաշրջանում բացի Ռուսաստանի Դաշնության շահերի պաշտպանության գործառույթների իրականացումից Հայաստանի Հանրապետության Զինված Ուժերի հետ համատեղ ապահովում է Հայաստանի Հանրապետության անվտանգությունը:

Նշված նպատակներին հասնելու համար Ռուսական Կողմը աջակցություն է ցուցաբերում Հայաստանի Հանրապետությանը արդիական եւ համատեղելի սպառազինությամբ, ռազմական (հատուկ) տեխնիկայով ապահովելու գործում:

Ռուսաստանյան ռազմակայանի զինվորական կազմավորումների կիրառումը իրականացվում է Կողմերի փոխադարձ պայմանավորվածությունների, 1992 թվականի մայիսի 15-ի Հավաքական անվտանգության պայմանագրի, Ռուսաստանի Դաշնության եւ Հայաստանի Հանրապետության միջեւ Բարեկամության, համագործակցության եւ փոխադարձ օգնության մասին 1997 թվականի օգոստոսի 29-ի պայմանագրի հիման վրա եւ Կողմերի օրենսդրությանը համապատասխան»:

Հոդված 2

Պայմանագրի 26-րդ հոդվածը շարադրել հետեւյալ խմբագրությամբ.

«Հոդված 26

Սույն Պայմանագիրը գործում է քառասունինը տարի ժամկետով եւ ավտոմատ կերպով երկարացվում է հետագա հնգամյա ժամանակաշրջանների համար, եթե Կողմերից որեւէ մեկը սույն Պայմանագրի հերթական ժամկետի լրանալուց առնվազն վեց ամիս առաջ գրավոր չի ծանուցում մյուս Կողմին դրա գործողությունը դադարեցնելու իր մտադրության մասին:

Սույն Պայմանագրի դրույթները կարող են վերանայվել Կողմերից մեկի նախաձեռնությամբ եւ փոխադարձ համաձայնությամբ»:

Հոդված 3

Սույն Արձանագրությունը ենթակա է վավերացման եւ ուժի մեջ է մտնում դրա վավերագրերի փոխանակման օրվանից»:

Comment

Azerbaijan: Analysts Expect Purchase of Russia’s S-300 Missile Systems
          August 16, 2010 - 10:21am, by Shahin Abbasov
          Azerbaijan Russia Arms and Defense Geopolitics

A Russian S-300 surface-to-air missile defense system is on display during the May 9, 2009, military parade across Red Square in Moscow. The potential sale of two such systems to Azerbaijan may allow the Caucasus country to secure its strategic assets including oil rigs, terminals and pipelines from possible missile attacks. (Photo: Presidential Press Service, Russia)
          Russia’s reported plans to sell two of its S-300 Favorit air-defense systems to Azerbaijan are seen as a done deal in Baku, where analysts argue that the systems could be put to good use protecting the country’s extensive energy extraction projects and pipeline networks.

News of the alleged sale by Rosobornexport, which handles Russian armament exports, first appeared in the Russian daily Vedomosti in late July. An unnamed Russian Defense Ministry source later told Nezavisimaya Gazeta that the deal remains “at the negotiation stage, but the [Russian] government has already approved it in principle.” Vedomosti estimated the alleged $300 million sale as the most expensive one-time armament purchase by a former Soviet republic other than Russia.

Few doubts exist that energy-rich Baku has the cash to spend on such equipment. Azerbaijan’s military spending has increased more than 13 times over the past seven years to stand at $2.15 billion, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev asserted on June 24, news agencies reported.

Officials in Baku have not denied that the two S-300 Favorit systems could be among the budgeted purchases.

“Azerbaijan is strengthening its military forces and, therefore, purchases various types of new armament. And this process will continue,” Azerbaijani Ministry of Defense Deputy Spokesperson Teymur Abdullayev told EurasiaNet.org. Abdullayev declined to comment further.

Military analyst Jasur Sumarinly, founder and editor of MilAz, an online military news service, believes that such comments indicate that Baku “is indeed willing to buy S-300 systems.” Ninety percent of Azerbaijan’s armed forces contain arms made mostly in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus, added Sumarinly.

Moscow may have an interest in emphasizing that interest to Azerbaijan’s long-time foe, Armenia, one political analyst believes. The timing of the July 29 Vedomosti article about the alleged S-300 sale roughly coincided with news about an expected August 19 deal with Armenia for a 49-year lease on Russia’s Gyumri base there.

“Both issues appeared simultaneously and I do not have any doubts that they are linked,” commented Ilgar Mammadov, a co-founder of the pro-opposition Respublikaci Alternative movement.

“[T]here are forces in Armenia which criticize and object to these plans. Thus, to make the Armenian public agree to this agreement, the Kremlin leaked information concerning plans to sell the air-defense systems to Azerbaijan, and, generally, about the strengthening of its military cooperation with Baku,” Mammadov argued.

Information varies about what other countries also possess the S-300 system. One 2005 report in the Voenno-Promyshlennyi Kur’ier (Military Industrial Courrier) indicated that Armenia possessed the S-300 PS, an earlier missile defense system from the same S-300 group. The Russian military recently affirmed that it has also installed an S-300 system in the breakaway territory of Abkhazia, which Moscow recognizes as an independent country from Georgia.

The S-300 Favorit system could prove a welcome upgrade to Azerbaijan’s military capabilities, military analysts noted.

“Despite a serious modernization of the armed forces in recent years, the Azerbaijani army still lacks modern air-defense systems. Almost everything we currently have was made during Soviet times,” said Retired Army Colonel Haji Asadov.

The S-300, designed to intercept intensive aircraft, ballistic and cruise missile attacks, ranks as a “modern, sophisticated and relatively cheap system compared with its Western analogues,” Asadov added. The US Patriot missile defense system ranks as a rough analogue.

Local military experts believe that the S-300 air-defense system will allow Azerbaijan to secure its strategic assets, including oil rigs, terminals and pipelines, from possible missile attacks – a scenario usually envisaged with Armenia in mind.

“It would not play an important role in case of a local war in the Nagorno-Karabakh territory and around it,” commented Sumarinly. “However, it is important if there would be a risk of missile attacks on strategic assets in the country.”

An unnamed source in Russia’s Defense Ministry told Nezavisimaya Gazeta on August 2 that the course of instruction for several Azerbaijani commissioned officers at Tver’s Air-Space Defense Academy includes training in the use of S-300 systems.

Russia’s ambassador to Baku, Vladimir Dorokhin, told Turan news agency, though, that Moscow “informs the United Nations and other organizations about its armament exports” and “if such an event [the S-300 sale] happened, we would inform them.”

Editor's note: Shahin Abbasov is a freelance correspondent based in Baku. He is also a board member of the Open Society Institute-Azerbaijan.

Comment

Originally posted by ninetoyadome View Post
            Azerbaijan: Analysts Expect Purchase of Russia’s S-300 Missile Systems
            August 16, 2010 - 10:21am, by Shahin Abbasov
            [/url]

Here is a good comment about the S300 sell.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

"Melkonian, Sargsyan, Ohanian, all of those bastards killed over 600 innocent women and children"

18 August 2010 [12:45] - Today.Az
              Interview with Azerbaijani military commander Ibad Huseynov.

It should be noted, that for many years, the real reason of Armenian terrorist Monte Melkonian's death was hidden from the public. Melkonian was one of the leaders of the Armenian terrorist organization "ASALA", as well as a trained killer, who fought against Israelis in Lebanon. However, when he came to Nagorno-Karabakh, this war turned out to be his last.

Ibad Huseynov goes through his memories about fighting in the war, and reveals the truth about the death of Monte Melkonian.

How did you get involved with the war in Karabakh?

When it was all just starting, I was doing my service in the Soviet Army, in Amur. There we got the news, that soviet army invaded Baku in January 1990, and lots of citizens were dead. So me, along with other fellow officers decided to return, and provide some help. The superiors wouldn't let us go, so we had to make them fire us, and later I could return to Azerbaijan. When I did, I went straight into Martuni district (nowadays Khodjavend), and tried to organize resistance to the armenian aggressors. At that time, international armenian terrorist groups started to appear in Nagorno-Karabakh, and believe me, they were not shy of showing off their brutality towards innocent people. Armenians had all the military weaponry, some of which was bought off the soviets. We, on the other hand couldnt get or by any weapons - back then we just couldnt get it. At that time I created the first of its kind diversionary-reconnaissance unit, which carried out attacks on Armenian posts, and took away their weaponry. We also attacked those Soviet military units, which openly sold everything to Armenians. We did not have any support from authorities, so we had to rely only on ourselves. Once, we intercepted a radio transmission from the Armenian side, that soon, a well known field commander by the name "Avo" will arrive, to command the armenian units in Martuni (Agdam-Khodjavend) district.

Did you know back then, that "Avo" was actually Monte Melkonian? What did he do when he arrived in Karabakh?

No, at that time we didnt. We only knew him as "Avo", and also heard that Armenians respect him. He was a bomb expert, as well as a terrorist. Agdam and Khodjavend were, at that time, considered the most strategically important points where the heaviest battles between Azerbaijanis and Armenians took place. By the end of 1991, it got worse. According to Melkonian's plan, one of the biggest Azeri villages Garadagli was to be invaded and captured. Thanks to our unit, we managed to battle off the aggressors at that time. They couldnt capture it. The unit, under my command managed to hit Martuni's center twice, in order to distract Armenians from Garadagli. We suceeded, and maaned to "clean up" almost 70% of the district. We even managed to save some of the Garadagli residents. However, we didnt have any backup, and soon Garadagli was captured, and many innocent people died. Armenians captured, killed and burned alive nearly 100 people of Garadagli village. Sometime later, Armenian units committed genocide in Khojaly. Among those bloodthirsty terrorists were Monte Melkonian, Serzh Sargsyan (Armenia's current president), Seyran Ohanian (Armenia's current defense minister), and others. These bastards killed over 600 women, children. Nearly 1300 citizens of Khodjaly were captured, more than 1000 became handicapped.

How did your unit respond to all that?

I had a dream to meet Melkonian face to face, to make him pay for what he did in Garadagli, Khodjaly. I was carefully gathering all the information about the movements of Melkonian and his men. I had a special order for all my soldiers - whenever they see Melkonian, do not shoot him, let me know about his whereabouts. I wanted to meet him, and look into his eyes. Somehow I had this feeling, that I will get a chance to see him. Armenians planned to capture strategically important points in Agdjabedy, Takhtakerpy, Beylagan and Fizuli, which lead to the center of Azerbaijan, and Baku in particular. All of this was to happen under Melkonian's command. The unit under my command was ordered to learn about the enemy's units and weaponry. We had 14 people in our squad, and we went in. On the night of 11th-12th of June, I entered my native Muganli village, which was controlled by the Armenian Armed Forces. At dawn, we visited the graves of our relatives, and after that I visited my own house, which was torn apart and burned by armenians. After that a car arrived, and one of my men recognized Melkonian being one of the men in there. I went on to follow him, and we met one on one in the yard of the school I once studied.

What happened after that?

We were just standing there, looking at each other, both armed, and pointing weapons at each other. I told him to drop the weapon, but he started to talk, and beg for me not to kill him. I wanted to take him alive, yet saw his hand on the trigger. I shot him, and he fell down, yet after that still tried to grab the gun and shoot me. I shot him again, and after that, dying, he was still begging me not to kill him. He was talking in Turkish. I felt he was scared to die like this, on a foreign land. I cut his head off, took all his belongings, and his weapon as well, and took off. In a few hours trucks arrived in Muganli, and Armenians started to look for their commander. Our unit saw all that, while hiding in the bushes. We decided to move onto the different direction - into the occupied Khojavand center.

You know, Armenians do not want to agree with the fact, that Melkonian died under the circumstances you just spoke about...

I am proud that I killed that murderer in my own village. A small part of former NKAO in Khojavand region was freed from the Armenian aggressors because of our small unit.

Comment

Yes, ofcourse, he cut the head off, he didn't even think of bringing the body with him (after all, he said the Armenians came a few hours later), but let him lie there on the ground... even though he knows there are dozens of pictures of our brother and national hero Monte Melkonian (rest in peace...).

WHY, WHY IS LYING SO DEEPLY ROOTED IN TURKS? The baboons are so stupid that they will believe anything. Can't we just be how they desrcibe us to be in a new war, just be ruthless and slaughter them all? It does not matter if we don't because they will say it nonetheless. These sub-humans do not deserve to breath the air we breath.
                Last edited by Tigranakert; 08-18-2010, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
                  Yes, ofcourse, he cut the head off, he didn't even think of bringing the body with him (after all, he said the Armenians came a few hours later), but let him lie there on the ground... even though he knows there are dozens of pictures of our brother and national hero Monte Melkonian (rest in peace...).

WHY, WHY IS LYING SO DEEPLY ROOTED IN TURKS? The baboons are so stupid that they will believe anything. Can't we just be how they desrcibe us to be in a new war, just be ruthless and slaughter them all? It does not matter if we don't because they will say it nonetheless. These sub-humans do not deserve to breath the air we breath.
                  What a liar. Monte was buried with full military honor with his body intact. The circumstances of this death were full described by his brother and others in hi unit.
                  General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Comment

I feel sorry for them when reading the email conversations, it's like young children talking to each other. What a nonsense, in every sentence Vugar Seidov tell's about ten lies, then realizes it's a lie because someone else mentions it, then changes his story and continues this constantly.

A lot of inconcistencies, reconstruction of the story close to the reality was quite a job
                      He means, to make the fake-story somewhat believable for stupid Azeri donkeys to read, I had to change a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X