Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Sergei Lavrov: The aggressor will not achieve its goals

Elimination of Azerbaijan suspended

In Yerevan the Presidents of the rally - the CSTO. The event itself - out of the ordinary. And it happens on a background of controversy about the possible sale of Azerbaijan, S-300 "Favorite", the continuing threats of the Azeri, Armenian speeches small but very noisy opposition at the prolongation of the Protocol to the Russian military base in Armenia. On C-300 will not write everything that is relevant to this "problem", expressed, because confine myself to a statement of: Azerbaijan without a C-300 is bad, with C-300 - worse.

READ
    The Russian military base in Armenia is not a sign of a flawed sovereignty, as the public try to present some supporters of the absolute sovereignty of Armenia. Statement rejecting the need for Russian military base in Armenia, can come either from nearby or from dishonest people. Their main "argument" concerning the sovereignty of Armenia, cunning technique has nothing to do with reality. Nobody is not saying that U.S. military bases in Japan or South Korea "podgryzli" the sovereignty of these states. But the U.S. has military bases in many countries of the world, including quite distant from the war zones of instability, for example, in New Zealand or Australia.

The new version of the Protocol on the Russian military base in Armenia - is a reaffirmation of the strategic relationship between our two countries. From this point of view this is very interesting interview with Armenian Public Television, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Russia, which said as mussiruemyh Armenian and Azerbaijani media possible deliveries of S-300 to Azerbaijan, as well as on a military base and the likely aggression against Azerbaijan, Nagorno Karabakh.

With regard to S-300, Sergey Lavrov spoke really convoluted (possibly, as his diplomatic experience and Tbilisi childhood), suggesting that at least some negotiation on this matter between Baku and Moscow are. However, as already mentioned, the possible acquisition of Azerbaijan's C-300 only adds to it a headache. C-300 in Azerbaijan's aggression against the Republic of Artsakh - not the necessary weapons. In addition, this complex, despite its well-deserved glory, just not able to protect oil and gas fields of Azerbaijan, on imminent attacks NKR.

In Baku, it is perfectly aware that makes them nervous about the obligations of Russia "to help ensure that the Republic of Armenia and compatible with modern weaponry, military (special) equipment". However, a couple of days later, Lavrov and does spoil the mood of the Baku hawks, stating that in his opinion, "in the region, we are talking about (the South Caucasus. - L.M.SH.), no state plans to begin New military action, because it would have been disastrous. And the fact that the aggressor is still not achieve its goals, all we saw in August 2008, when your neighbor, Mr. Saakashvili decided to solve the problems of South Ossetia methods unacceptable from the standpoint of international law. "

Comparison of Azerbaijan with Georgia and Saakashvili Aliyev is not even a hint, but a direct and open (without a familiar diplomatically ornateness) warning of the consequences awaiting Baku in case of renewed aggression. The subsequent "I'm 100% confident that between Armenia and Azerbaijan, these attempts will not be because, I repeat, I participated in meetings with President Medvedev Presidents Sargsyan and Aliyev, and all three presidents signed a document that does not permit the use of force, which underscore the commitment to exclusively peaceful resolution of any problems in the context of the Nagorno-Karabakh process "- is a tribute to the propriety and an attempt to" save face "Aliyev. No more.

But a stern warning sounded, and today it is difficult to say who it will play good. Further, compared with the Protocol of 1995, the obligations imposed by mutual agreement on Russian troops in Armenia, are afforded the protection of all external borders of Armenia, including with Azerbaijan. This fact frees up large Armenian units, which may be activated in order to protect the Republic of Artsakh Azerbaijan's aggression. With new supplies of modern weapons means that the decision of Baku on the aggression against NKR end of the liquidation as a state of Azerbaijan. And now it is difficult to decide who played into the hands of warning Lavrov.

In fact, Russia, like most countries in the world is really interested in peace in our region. However, the long and stable peace can come only in the event of liquidation source of military and political instability, which is the Republic of Azerbaijan. Warning: Russian Foreign Minister that "the aggressor has still not reached their goals," not only saves the aggressor, but also deprived the indigenous peoples of Azerbaijan hopes for an early deliverance from the yoke of the Turk. As well as extending the story of an illegitimate public education under the name Republic of Azerbaijan.

Levon Melik-SHAHNAZARIAN

P.S. In the article "Rocket syndrome to Moscow and Yerevan" columnist Azerbaijani newspaper Ekho Noorani reproached me that I am, "for good reason" silent about the agreements governing the stay of U.S. military bases in Japan. Although this attack has a very specific addressee in Azerbaijan, however, answer one of the leading figures of the Azerbaijani state propaganda.

Agreement on the presence of U.S. military bases in Japan extended every 10 years. On the desire to terminate the Agreement allowed to say only after the next ten-year, for the year until the termination, that is, each extension of the Agreement requires stay of U.S. bases in Japan for at least next 11 years. Japan pays the salaries of all civil servants of U.S. military bases. Japan pays all consumed by U.S. military bases electricity, heat and water, food and even entertainment centers at the bases. Offences committed by American soldiers in the performance of its obligations under the jurisdiction of U.S. courts. If an American soldier commits a crime outside the military base, it remains the responsibility of the U.S. Army as long as Japan's justice does not amount to an indictment. Since, under the Agreement, U.S. troops at the entrance to Japan do not need a passport, visa or registration, the Japanese police can not control the military, living outside the base. A trifle, but the U.S. military released even the payment of a fee for use of motorways. Note that this benefit are deprived officials (governors, ministers) Japan itself, as well as government officials, including ambassadors, foreign countries.

A comparison and not only Noorani, these conditions with published protocols that govern residence of the Russian military base in Armenia. Recall that neither Armenia nor Azerbaijan, no one doubts the utter sovereignty of the Land of the Rising Sun.
    Last edited by Tigranakert; 08-22-2010, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Most Armenians are politically immature and do not want to understand that we don't have another choice. In my opinion, we should even be thankful to Russia for seeing Armenia as an important strategic ally and we got to use the potential to the fullest.

Something very significant happened when we signed the new document, it meant we can relocate the huge number of forces on the Armenian-Azerbaijani borders (ofcourse not all) to protect the borders of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic. This should not mean we shouldn't be wary on an attack on Armenia proper, but the document stipulates that Russia will/must help the Armenian army if Armenia itself is attacked.

This already applied to our Western border, where the Russians protected our border with Turkey, if not, it would have been impossible to win the war. We fought the war, but without the Russians we could never sustain our victory, it's a simple fact.

Comment

Not now, nor in the future we shall see an American president coming to the Armenian Genocide Memorial to commemorate the deaths of millions of Armenian victims. Thank you Mr. President!

LONG LIVE THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION!
        Last edited by Tigranakert; 08-22-2010, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
          If Armenians will advocate for Armenia, as much as for Russia, not less; Armenia may turn into a truly powerful/sovereign country!

According to some advocates; Russians are doing everything for Armenia and Armenians are unable to do anything for themselves. I agree that Russia is doing something for Armenia that serves its interests in Caucasus nothing more than that. But I strongly disagree with Armenia’s disability propaganda here.

We could negotiate for getting compensation for the Russian base, as it is done by other ally countries, as well as having reservations in the base contract about terminating it if some of the Armenian requirements are not fulfilled. But alas we didn’t put down any explicit terms on Armenian requirements, we are too much afraid of Russians/ally.

Who won the famous Arthakh war?
          Where do you get those ideas from? Please tell me because every thing Russia does something in Armenia you complain how Russia is evil and what they do is not for Armenia but for some other reason.

Here are some facts to look at before you make comments about the whole thing. Armenia is a small landlocked country, with no resources to speak of and has most of it's borders closed and has 3 hostile nations as neighbors.
          Now how do you think Armenia is going to get a better deal from the second most powerful country on this planet? We are getting new weapons, modern weapons. Our border with Turkey is secure, our soldiers that would be positioned there are now free to be positioned some where else. People who live in Gyumri can go and work at the base or near the base. When looking all of this please tell me how this in not in the interest of Armenia.

And what would you wanted to have happened instead of the protocols that are signed now?

And what was the Artsakh war have to do with what is happening right now?

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
            Where do you get those ideas from? Please tell me because every thing Russia does something in Armenia you complain how Russia is evil and what they do is not for Armenia but for some other reason.
            Here are some facts to look at before you make comments about the whole thing. Armenia is a small landlocked country, with no resources to speak of and has most of it's borders closed and has 3 hostile nations as neighbors.
            Now how do you think Armenia is going to get a better deal from the second most powerful country on this planet? We are getting new weapons, modern weapons. Our border with Turkey is secure, our soldiers that would be positioned there are now free to be positioned some where else. People who live in Gyumri can go and work at the base or near the base. When looking all of this please tell me how this in not in the interest of Armenia.
            And what would you wanted to have happened instead of the protocols that are signed now?

And what was the Artsakh war have to do with what is happening right now?
            So if we ask them to protect us pitifully, Russian are not merciless; they would support us even if it is against their interests.

I don't blame Russians. What I blame is my slave ideology.

Comment

So if we ask them to protect us pitifully, Russian are not merciless; they would support us even if it is against their interests.

I don't blame Russians. What I blame is my slave ideology.
              I would say it's in their interest to keep the only friendly country they got in the Caucasus alive and safe. If they lose Armenia they will lose the Caucasus.

And where do you see a slave ideology? What I see is a safe Armenia with secure borders and now we can play the political game even better, because we don't need to fear the Turks.

Comment

I would say it's in their interest to keep the only friendly country they got in the Caucasus alive and safe. If they lose Armenia they will lose the Caucasus.

And where do you see a slave ideology? What I see is a safe Armenia with secure borders and now we can play the political game even better, because we don't need to fear the Turks.
                Wait a little bit until the Medvedev-Aliev meeting in September 2010. And then we’ll resume this talk. Ally doesn’t make courtesy visits to their ally enemies, if he has nothing to promise to the enemy secretly. He can’t tell Aliev that if they attack Armenia/Arthakh Russia is going to destroy Azerbaijan army. Does he go there to tell that?
                Last edited by gegev; 08-22-2010, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Wait a little bit until the Medvedev-Aliev meeting in September 2010. And then we’ll resume this talk. Ally doesn’t make courtesy visits to their ally enemies, if he has nothing to promise to the enemy secretly. He can’t tell Aliev that if they attack Armenia/Arthakh Russia is going to destroy Azerbaijan. Does he go there to tell that?
                  There is no real ally in this world, not the way you dream of it. Even other Armenians can not be trusted and form a big danger for the existence of our nation, let alone a world power such as Russia.

Some Armenians are too emotional and as I said, too politically immature to understand the whole process. In the end, every country does what is best for them and Russia's goal is to have influence in all parts of the world, which means they must try to maintain a good relationship with all of the countries, including Azerbaijan and Turkey. Even Armenia tries to establish some kind of relationship with Turkey, which is inevitable.

Russia is our only ally, in realistic terms (not in fantasy terms as you want to see it). It's simple, without Russia, Armenia would not have existed today (not vice versa). They protect our borders, invest billions in our economy and science and deliver us with the weapons by which we won the Artsakh war, and will win in the future.

We just need to maximize our potential to the fullest (now we still can) and stop xxxxxing as a little child, ofcourse Russia will do things that are not benificial for our country and it could be that in the future a Russian leader will come to power who will see Armenia as a backward nation without any strategic importance, but fortunately today this is not the case.

Gegev, you wait for the moment Russia does something that's not benificial for Armenia, and I even think you hope for this, this will fill you with joy so you can state; ''I told you!''. I don't care, I know for sure that Russia (and any other country in the world) will sometimes play their games and even support our enemies, but I am still happy and I will remain them thankful for the years they have supported us, for the billions of weapons they have delivered us and for the borders they continue to protect and for the investments they make in our country. This because the West, the ''other'' options, Europe, America, Israel are not neutral, but fiercly anti-Armenian in their actions.

Спасибо, Russian nation!

Last edited by Tigranakert; 08-22-2010, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Wait a little bit until the Medvedev-Aliev meeting in September 2010. And then we’ll resume this talk. Ally doesn’t make courtesy visits to their ally enemies, if he has nothing to promise to the enemy secretly. He can’t tell Aliev that if they attack Armenia/Arthakh Russia is going to destroy Azerbaijan army. Does he go there to tell that?
                    The Armenian president visited Georgia a while ago, so following your logic this shouldn't happen because the two of them are enemies? And what about the military exercise in Armenia with NATO? Should that also not happen because Armenia and Russia are allies?

Comment

The Armenian president visited Georgia a while ago, so following your logic this shouldn't happen because the two of them are enemies? And what about the military exercise in Armenia with NATO? Should that also not happen because Armenia and Russia are allies?
                      I let Mr. Medvedev to know about your argument and use it whenever needed; in September 2010 at his Baku visit.

FYI: Russia itself is taking part in NATO exercises. As refers to Georgia; Russians have done with them everything they wanted; and now they don't consider Georgia as an enemy; please read Medvedevs statements on that.
                      Last edited by gegev; 08-22-2010, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X