Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
    There is no real ally in this world, not the way you dream of it.

Russia is our only ally, in realistic terms (not in fantasy terms as you want to see it). It's simple, without Russia, Armenia would not have existed today (not vice versa). They protect our borders, invest billions in our economy and science and deliver us with the weapons by which we won the Artsakh war, and will win in the future.

Why is there not a real ally in this world? look to Israel and the U.S, they are each others biggest ally and they work like an team against Iran....

True if the Russians did not helped us in 1915 maybe there was not Armenia today, and we are thankfully to them for that, but the NK war we did not won because Russia deliverd us weapons, if you have a family or know someone who has fight in Karabakh war you should know.... Armenia had almost no tanks,ifv and lets not talk about airforce. al those military hardware witch is stationed in karabakh today, we can thanks to Armenians outside Armenia, who send verry mutch money to karabakh during NK war and still send till the day of today....

Comment

Originally posted by ArmeniaR1 View Post
      Why is there not a real ally in this world? look to Israel and the U.S, they are each others biggest ally and they work like an team against Iran....

True if the Russians did not helped us in 1915 maybe there was not Armenia today, and we are thankfully to them for that, but the NK war we did not won because Russia deliverd us weapons, if you have a family or know someone who has fight in Karabakh war you should know.... Armenia had almost no tanks,ifv and lets not talk about airforce. al those military hardware witch is stationed in karabakh today, we can thanks to Armenians outside Armenia, who send verry mutch money to karabakh during NK war and still send till the day of today....
      Are you serious? Have you ever questioned why the U.S. supports Israel, it's not because the American nation loves Israel so much, I think we all know (this is like the most extreme and unnatural case you can imagine). I personally think the Armenians have the potential (if organized) to form a well-functioning lobby-group in Russia too. Even though, the US has delivered hundreds of millions of dollars of weaponry to Israels enemy Lebanon. Should this mean Israel should cry and get xxxxxy? Ofcourse not, this is how politics work. Just be happy with what you get, don't xxxxx.

In fact, I know very much. The Armenians did manage without Russian help in the beginning (which is a miracle), but the fact is and remains, without Russian weapon supplies we would have never won the war and most importantly, could not SUSTAIN our victory. Do you understand?

Where was the rest of the world? They would not bother if Armenia lost and the Armenian people got exterminated, in fact, they would be very happy.

This discussion is just senseless. I'm just glad they support Armenia today, I don't even know if the Armenian people deserve their support.
      Last edited by Tigranakert; 08-22-2010, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Russia helped us only by keeping Turkey away from the battlefield in 1993. Do you think we would have won if Turkey had attacked us and opened a second front against us? I've got family that has fought in Artsakh and my uncle was delivering supplies to the army and people of Armenia in the 90s.

Armenian fighters won the war, but this would have not been possible without the aid of Russia.

I let Mr. Medvedev to know about your argument and use it whenever needed.
        So you've got nothing to add to the discussion and try to be a smart-ass? I've just used your own logic against you, that's all I did.
        Last edited by KarotheGreat; 08-22-2010, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
          The Armenian president visited Georgia a while ago, so following your logic this shouldn't happen because the two of them are enemies? And what about the military exercise in Armenia with NATO? Should that also not happen because Armenia and Russia are allies?
          I let Mr. Medvedev to know about your argument and use it whenever needed.

FYI: Russia itself is taking part in NATO exercises. As refers to Georgia Russians already have done with them what they wanted; and after that they don't consider Georgia as an enemy; please read Medvedevs statements on that.

See you in September 2010.
          Last edited by gegev; 08-22-2010, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Are you serious? Have you ever questioned why the U.S. supports Israel, it's not because the American nation loves Israel so much,
            Because 80% in U.S government are xxxs, hundreds of millions worth weaponry to Lebanon? compare that with how mutch they deliverd to Israel...

In fact, I know very much. The Armenians did manage without Russian help in the beginning (which is a miracle), but the fact is and remains, without Russian weapon supplies we would have never won the war and most importantly, could not SUSTAIN our victory. Do you understand?
            and why did they helped azeris? (more then Armenia by the way)

Where was the rest of the world? They would not bother if Armenia lost and the Armenian people got exterminated, in fact, they would be very happy.
            Why should the rest of the world think about Armenia or Armenians? if our own people don't even do that...?
            Last edited by ArmeniaR1; 08-22-2010, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Strategically and militarily speaking, I wonder if Azeris launch another war, how capable is NKR+AR of liberating north Artsakh all the way up to the Kura river and Tovuz? Is it even realistic to ask that?
              I'm betting that NKR would want to liberate Shahumyan atleast and push in further to create a safety buffer.

Comment

Because 80% in U.S government are xxxs
                I have nothing else to add, thank you.

and why did they helped azeris? (more then Armenia by the way)
                Are you joking? In the beginning of the war, the Russians sided with the Azeris because they thought this could destabilize the whole Sovjet-Union. Afterwards, they got to their senses and gave Armenia weapons worth billions of dollars for free, Azerbaijan needed to pay for every single weapon.

Again, are you just fooling around or is this serious?

Why should the rest of the world think about Armenia or Armenians? if our own people don't even do that...?
                Amen!

Comment

Dude what did they gave us worth billions? a couple t-72 and some iglas you mean? or Ak47? you realy talking nonsense, even those T-72 and iglas ware send by ritch diaspora Armenians, Armenia won the war because of our great commanders, and our soldiers who ware there to fight till the dead... Afther the war Azerbaijan had still more military equipment than Armenia, how does that come?
                  Last edited by ArmeniaR1; 08-22-2010, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Dude what did they gave us worth billions? a couple t-72 and some iglas you mean? or Ak47? you realy talking nonsense, even those T-72 and iglas ware send by ritch diaspora Armenians, Armenia won the war because of our great commanders, and our soldiers who ware there to fight till the dead... Afther the war Azerbaijan had still more military equipment than Armenia, how does that come?
                    Hahahahaha, sorry to say, but I can't discuss something with a person who doesn't even know the simple, basic facts. I think we received two to ten bullets, one T-72 tank without wheels and three AK-47's, don't you?

No seriously, you have to do a lot of homework before discussing these topics here.
                    Last edited by Tigranakert; 08-22-2010, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Last edited by ArmeniaR1; 08-22-2010, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X