Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Thanks for the explanation.

I don't think it's a bad idea what Serj is suggesting.

When our nation fought the Artsakh war, our main goal was to liberate Artsakh. When all the heavy fighting was over we succeeded in accomplishing our main goal, Artsakh was liberated. It goes further then our main goal, we even created a bufferzone.

Look, we have liberated Artsakh, which was our main goal back then. Everything is slowly developing now, infrastructure, economy, technology, etc. It's not in our interest to fight another full scale war with the azery's about the bufferzones.

It should not be in our interests.
    • We definitely would loose many young Armenian man, which we need very hard when you look at our demographic situation
    • The armenian and the artsakh economy will suffer allot
    • The azeries have gained much more military power, it's not 100% sure that we would win the war about the bufferzones
    • What if we loose the war about the bufferzones? They surely will attack Artsakh with the mindset to occupy it.

The bufferzones we have gained in the 90's are not worth fighting, because in the end we are risking much more.

By the way, i'm not saying that we should hand the bufferzones over just like that. I myself am a nationalist, so the last thing i would see is handing over the bufferzones, but what other realistic options do we have?

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
    I think it's about territory outside Artsakh that has soldiers on it that he's talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by AR MENIA View Post
      Thanks for the explanation.

I don't think it's a bad idea what Serj is suggesting.

When our nation fought the Artsakh war, our main goal was to liberate Artsakh. When all the heavy fighting was over we succeeded in accomplishing our main goal, Artsakh was liberated. It goes further then our main goal, we even created a bufferzone.

Look, we have liberated Artsakh, which was our main goal back then. Everything is slowly developing now, infrastructure, economy, technology, etc. It's not in our interest to fight another full scale war with the azery's about the bufferzones.

It should not be in our interests.
      • We definitely would loose many young Armenian man, which we need very hard when you look at our demographic situation
      • The azeries have gained much more military power, it's not 100% sure that we would win the war about the bufferzones
      • What if we loose the war about the bufferzones? They surely will attack Artsakh with the mindset to occupy it.

The bufferzones we have gained in the 90's are not worth fighting, because in the end we are risking much more.

By the way, i'm not saying that we should hand the bufferzones over just like that. I myself am a nationalist, so the last thing i would see is handing over the bufferzones, but what other realistic options do we have?
      Well we could keep it, we are in a better position. they must attack in the mountains, fight up hill battles, and when you are in the offensive you need to have superiority in numbers.

And handing over those lands without making them in a demilitarized zone is foolish and dangerous. What will stop them to attack Artsakh if we give them the buffer zone. First they need to recognize Artsakh and than we need a land way to Hayastan. After that some land can be given away.

But if you listen to the BS coming out of Baku they are not going to do anything like that. Aliyev even said it a week ago I believe. And it would be suicide for him to recognize Artsakh. And for Serj to do something that is not in best interest of Armenia.

Sefilian is a fool, he should be in the military and training our young men, but no he's dumb enough to do stupid xxxx like that. He could be a face for the military and get young men from the diaspora to join the military and military men from other countries, like Armenians from France who have served as soldiers to become officers. I believe we are heading into real dangerous times and we need to be ready and stand as one. Because if we are divided we well fall.

Comment

As has been outline by Federate, Zoravar and now Karo, the so called buffer zones are not only a strategic region which as long as Armenia controls very few militaries, if any, could overtake Artsakh. Second, the buffer zones make up the historical region of Artsakh, the borders of the NKR are only one part of our historical lands, so we have just as much claim to them, and we need to settle more people in those areas. Then we could use the law of the squatters too.

I don't see any progress being made in the upcoming Moscow talks, both sides will dig their heels and we'll see the further continuation of the status quo, which is to our benefit.
        For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
        to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. I don't think it's a bad idea what Serj is suggesting. When our nation fought the Artsakh war, our main goal was to liberate Artsakh. When all the heavy fighting was over we succeeded in accomplishing our main goal, Artsakh was liberated. It goes further then our main goal, we even created a bufferzone. Look, we have liberated Artsakh, which was our main goal back then. Everything is slowly developing now, infrastructure, economy, technology, etc. It's not in our interest to fight another full scale war with the azery's about the bufferzones. It should not be in our interests.

In final analysis I fully agree with these comments. If handing over the buffer zone in question will truly and fully secure Armenia/Artsakh I don't have any problems making peace with Azeris, God knows Armenia desperately needs political stability in the region. But can we look forward to a true and lasting peace if Baku continues it's stubborn war rhetoric? Once they reoccupy the buffer zone what guarantees would we have that Baku would not eventually embark on a campaign to reclaim Artsakh proper? These are concerns that have to be addressed. Seeing Baku's hard stance and Yerevan's legitimate concerns, I doubt there will be any major breakthroughs anytime soon. These talks may be just a way for Moscow to directly insert itself in the region's politics. However, let's also realize that maintaining the status quo in Artsakh is fully in our advantage as well. I would also like to say that I have full confidence in Sargsyan's administration and Moscow's intentions regarding Artsakh's future than I do in our people in general...
          Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

This was refreshing:

ARF DASHNAKTSUTYUN CONCERNED ABOUT PANIC

“The Armenian Revolutionary Federation-Dashnaktsutyun is convinced that if the war resumes Armenia will not only preserve the liberated territories but also establish land and water borders with its northern neighbour Russia,” ARFD member and Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly Hrair Karapetyan told a press conference today.

“If tomorrow Azerbaijan wages a war, it will face problems regarding the seven liberated territories and its territorial integrity, in general, problems which the country would not even dream of. They also fear that Armenia might have land borders with its northern neighbour one day. No matter how much they double their budget, they cannot leave Armenia behind, I assure you,” said Hrair Karapetyan.

According to the ARF Dashnaktsutyun member all generals of CIS countries have noticed the fighting capacity of our army. Unlike Aliyev, Serzh Sargsyan is “a modest and decent person,” therefore he never speaks about our army or makes militaristic announcements.

“Azerbaijan’s army is in a grave psychological state today. Everybody knows that their army is not organised and is undisciplined.”

“The Azerbaijani army is not a bit stronger. Our army is effective, and if Azerbaijan launches a war, it should be mindful that this time Armenia may advance so as to set up land communication with Russia,” reiterated Hrair Karapetyan who was much concerned over the panic in Armenia.

Hrair Karapetyan tried to dispel the rumours about “concession” policy on the settlement of the Karabakh issue.

“The panic has a bad impact on the psychological state of the society and instills a defensive mood. The peaceful resolution of the Conflict is not exhausted until the negotiations are underway. The recent Georgian-Ossetian conflict proved that aggressors lose in the given international situation

Comment

It's too bad that we have let ourselves and the international community to set the norm that everything around the NK is a "buffer zone". What is a buffer zone anyway? A buffer zone is any zonal area that serves the purpose of keeping two or more other areas (often, but not necessarily, countries) distant from one another. So this automatically disqualifies everything to the west and south of NK because the land there is separating NK from Armenia () and Iran respectively . So that leaves out Agdam (to the east) as the only area that can even be considered technically a buffer zone. Agdam is the only piece of territory that should even be on the negotiating table. Besides, Agdam has suffered from scorched earth policy and all that there is left there is a mosque.

Please check out this thread and see for yourself that everything we have under our hands right now + occupied northern Artsakh is part of Armenia. The artificial enclave that we are longing for is a Stalinian creation to finish Artsakh off, detachment from Armenia.

What other realistic options? Maintaining the status quo, as Armenian mentioned, is beneficial for us and while we maintain this we have to try to make up for lost time by now demanding a greater portion, if not all, of NKR and not just the artificial former NKAO.
              Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Border with Russia.... Hmmmm, it may sounds good now but if we were to get it, it would end up biting us in the ass. Maybe not now, not in 10 years, not in 50 years but somewhere at sometime its would bite us in the ass.

Im convinced that Armenia's best option to deter potential threats (no matter who they are from) is to get nuclear warheads and ICBM's for deployment capability. Unless maybe we already have them?

Comment

New: Short documentury on Artsakh

Comment

@ Moderators:
                    I kindly ask you to clean up the last few pages of these thread. Thank you very much in advance.

@ Serious posters:
                    Please don't feed the trolls.
                    Last edited by ZORAVAR; 11-01-2008, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZORAVAR View Post
                      @ Moderators:
                      I kindly ask you to clean up the last few pages of these thread. Thank you very much in advance.

@ Serious posters:
                      Please don't feed the trolls.
                      done. Save this kind of talk on supposed controversy of black Armenian singers for ankap or at best, general discussion. If the same people keep ruining the flow of these serious threads, they will get a ban.

If you use your good judgement and see disorienting posts on a serious thread, don't respond to them, I will clean them from now on without warning.
                      Last edited by jgk3; 11-01-2008, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X