Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by truAnatolian View Post
    You xxxxers are the real baboons apparantly. You still think im a Turk for god sakes? Crusader for your knowledge, Armenians are native to both caucasia and Anatolia. Why do you think there are white Armenians and then you xxxxin afghan looking pigs in the east.
    No xxxx, really?

Listen, the word "Anatolian" is just another tool in the Turk's toolbox to diminish Armenian's land claims. By you using the word, you aid in legitimizing the notion that the region you refer to should not be called what it rightfully is: ARMENIA.

You're a "useful idiot" for pan-Turkism...manipulated to the core.
    Last edited by crusader1492; 10-30-2008, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmd View Post
      Seruven, I hate to agree with you but I must. It is totaly uncalled for when people keep insulting baboons for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by serüven View Post
        First of all, it is very puerile to call "Azerbaijanis" as "baboons". You can't harm Azeris by insulting them, but only cause people to lose their respect to you. Another thing, I can't understand how members/moderators of this forum tolerate such silly actions.
        Secondly, though I love multiculturalism and would really like to see Armenians (at least some of them) turning back to Turkey (same goes for Azeris turning back to NK), I don't think it's a good idea in practice.
        I can imagine living in the same country with ara87 or One-Way (or the other), but certainly not with yerazhishda, Karo, crusader1492.
        Then leave the forums. You are not wanted here.
        For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
        to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Anaturds comment have made it abundently clear that he is either a turk or a self hating Armenian.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
            Absolutely impossible. You are dreaming big and this dream is more like a nightmare. We cannot co-exist with each other, that point must be clear in everyone's head. The fake republic's border with Armenia is permanently shut.

We Armenians seem to suffer from short-term memory loss. We constantly forget about our past mistakes and every now and then need to be reminded in bloody fashion. We went through an earthquake in '88 yet we keep building non-earthquake-resistant buildings. We forgot the cold winter days of the 90s and bring back Levon. We forget that imperial powers abandon us when we need them the most yet we still keep being dangerously dependent on them. We keep approaching Turkey and even seek its opinion on the Artsakh issue yet we forget that Turkey threatened to invade Armenia... in 1993 (not 1915) over the same issue.

In case you are forgetting already about this topic, let me remind you that we have tried to live with these barbarians to no avail. We tried with their cousins who ended up committing a genocide, we tried with them around the same time and a little after which ended up with the Armenian-Tartar massacres, the destruction of Shushi, the subsequent Armenian-"azerbaijani" war and all the sh!tty territorial problems we have right now. Did I forget to mention the most useless state ever created... the Transcaucasian state? That sure lasted long. We're talking about baboons who committed the Sumgait, Maragha, Baku, Kirovabad, Shushi, Stepanakert massacres/pogroms not 93 years ago but less than 20 years ago and the only reason why this has not been updated is because we don't live with each other anymore. We forget how we lost Nakhichevan, the soil where Vartan Mamikonian was martyred in the Battle of Avarayr, because the same baboons infiltrated it, settled and eventually outnumbered us.

If their government really cares about their people in railcars, let them invest a single digit percentile of the oil revenues to help them, it would be enough... yet they don't even do that. Our refugees have been taken care of for the most part despite our less than impressive budget.
            You're damn right on that one! It seems we never learn from our mistakes.

When i think about Armenia, i'm thinking that we have great potential to become whatever we want, i mean the quality is there. The problem with us is the fact that we don't have good leaders.

I think with the right composition of Armenian politicians combined with a powerfull and good leader, we would get very far.

Comment

New Armenian Group Demands Hard Line On Karabakh
              By Tigran Avetisian

A group of prominent opposition figures and intellectuals announced on Thursday the launch of a new movement that will campaign against Armenian territorial concessions to Azerbaijan.

The leaders of the Miatsum (Unification) National Initiative voiced their strong opposition against the return of any of the seven Azerbaijani districts around Nagorno-Karabakh that were fully or partly occupied by Armenian forces during the 1991-1994 war.

Armenian withdrawal from virtually all of those districts is a key element of the current and past peace proposals made by international mediators. Like its predecessors, the administration of President Serzh Sarkisian seems ready to trade them for international recognition of Karabakh’s secession from Azerbaijan.

In a statement, Miatsum condemned this stance, saying that the “liberated” lands are vital for Armenia’s and Karabakh’s security. “Any government of Armenia must unequivocally abandon the unfeasible intention to retain power levers and illegal economic monopolist privileges at the expense of the integrity of Armenia’s liberated territory and the country’s defense system,” it said.

Among the signatories to the statement is Zhirayr Sefilian, a prominent veteran of the Karabakh war and government critic who has long campaigned for a firm Armenian stand in the conflict. Speaking at a news conference in Yerevan, he and other organizers of the movement, among them an opposition parliamentarian, would not say just how they will try to thwart a compromise deal with Azerbaijan

Sefilian’s previous attempt to mount such a campaign landed him prison in late 2006. The Lebanese citizen of Armenian descent was arrested just days after setting up a new pressure group opposed to any territorial concessions to Azerbaijan. He was charged with publicly calling for a violent overthrow of the government.

A Yerevan court subsequently court cleared him of the charge but still jailed him for 18 months for illegally possessing a pistol which he had received as a gift from a former commander of the Karabakh Armenian army. Sefilian was released from prison in June.

Sefilian’s views on Karabakh did not keep him from supporting former President Levon Ter-Petrosian, a vocal advocate of a compromise settlement with Azerbaijan, in the February presidential election. His Association of Armenian Volunteers (HKH) joined a new opposition alliance formed by Ter-Petrosian this summer.

Sefilian has publicly disagreed with Ter-Petrosian’s recent decision to suspend anti-government rallies in Yerevan which the ex-president linked with the renewed international push for Karabakh peace. But it is not clear if the HKH leader to hold his own rallies in the coming weeks.

From http://armenialiberty.org/armeniarep...7BCBC70515.ASP
              Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Oh god... these goofs arn't going to help at all.

Comment

Originally posted by truAnatolian View Post
                  Oh god... these goofs arn't going to help at all.
                  You might think that they won't help the situation...but to call them "goofs" only re-affirms your well deserved label of being a self-hating Armenian (or Turk maybe?).

Comment

I don't get the part that i underlined. Is Serj basicly saying, Armenia will withdraw from Artsakh but then Artsakh will be a nation on itself?

Armenian withdrawal from virtually all of those districts is a key element of the current and past peace proposals made by international mediators. Like its predecessors, the administration of President Serzh Sarkisian seems ready to trade them for international recognition of Karabakh’s secession from Azerbaijan.

Comment

Originally posted by AR MENIA View Post
                      I don't get the part that i underlined. Is Serj basicly saying, Armenia will withdraw from Artsakh but then Artsakh will be a nation on itself?
                      I think it's about territory outside Artsakh that has soldiers on it that he's talking about.

Comment

Working...
                      X