Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Federate View Post
    Car carrying servicemen crashes in Azerbaijan leaving people dead and injured - UPDATE
    24 February 2011 [18:45] - Today.Az

A car carrying servicemen crashed in Azerbaijan leaving dead and injured peoples.

Tovuz Region Police Department’s investigator Ilgar Abdullayev told Trend that Lieutenant Elvin Atakishiyev’s car of VAZ 2107 brand crashed with a minibus of Mercedes brand driven by Eshgin Orujov and then crashed with Kahlig Huseynov’s car of VAZ 2106 brand and went off the road in the Tovuz region’s Ashagi Oysuzlu village.

As a result of the incident, the 19-year old soldier Ramin Jabrayilov (called for active military service from Bilasuvar Region Military Commissariat), who was in the first car, died.

Other passengers, investigator of the Gazakh Region Military Prosecutor , 27 -year-old Abbas Bayramov, soldiers - Nuru Zeynalov (called for active military service from Baku City Nizami District Military Commissariat ) Aliheydar Shukurov ( called from Neftchala Military Commissariat ) and career soldier , Tovuz ’s resident Nemat Hajiyev , born in 1987, were injured.

During the incident , a driver and two passengers of the minibus were also injured.A criminal case has been filed under Article 263.2 (violation of traffic rules and regulations of vehicle use) of the Azerbaijani Criminal Code.

The commander’s health state is serious.The accident took place as a result of driving the VAZ 2107 car at high speed.
    they lost 300 soldiers over 6 years, that's 50 soldiers a year, and that's only non-combat. Take into effect last year's loses, and you have a much bigger number. Multiply this number by how much a soldier costs a year, you have an even bigger number of wasted money. I guess when you have oil, you can afford to waste away your money. Just like buying non-refurbished MIG-29s from ukraine and crashing them every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
      they lost 300 soldiers over 6 years, that's 50 soldiers a year, and that's only non-combat. Take into effect last year's loses, and you have a much bigger number. Multiply this number by how much a soldier costs a year, you have an even bigger number of wasted money. I guess when you have oil, you can afford to waste away your money. Just like buying non-refurbished MIG-29s from ukraine and crashing them every now and then.
      The numbers are not current, they lose a MUCH higher number of soldiers per year. Again I read it on voskanapat.info but I don't know which article it was, but I know it was over 100 per year.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
        I think Abiyev will remain. He is obviously a loyal minion to the Aliyev clan. The government also hates the KLO
        True, I have even read numerous articles stating the Abiyev family has more power than Aliyev himself. If he get's fired, it means something very serious is going on in Azerbaijan.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
          The numbers are not current, they lose a MUCH higher number of soldiers per year. Again I read it on voskanapat.info but I don't know which article it was, but I know it was over 100 per year.
          The numbers are probably higher but lets' not exaggerate and rest on our laurels; there is still far too many combat and non-comabt deaths in the Armenian military as well/ I think finally the Armenian Military is doing something about it which is at least encouraging.
          General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by AstalaVist View Post
            Azerbaijan purchased 24 *Mi-35M* from Russia

БАКУ, 24 фев – 1NEWS.AZ ОАО «Роствертол» в сентябре-октябре 2010 г. подписал контракт на поставку Азербайджану 24 вертолетов Ми-35М. ОАО «Роствертол», производящее ...

Is this ture?
            The Mil Mi-35M is the export version of Mil Mi-24 which Russia has sold to over 30 countries. The "M" model has the rotor and transmission assembly of the more advanced Mil Mi-28, other than that it is the same.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Russia has always armed both sides and always will. They want profits just like anyone else and they want the power to play all sides off against each other. For every arms delivery Armenia gets, the Azeris will get one and vice versa. I respect Russia and view them as an ally but I do not make the mistake of taking it for granted or assuming they have our best interests at heart. They are not a "good friend" but one Armenia's only friends. The alternative to Russia (and Iran) is to be surrounded by enemies. Hypothetically, lets's say there was a scenario where the US, EU, Turkey, etc lost interest in the region, in that case Russia could easily sell us out to the Azeris once they feel they have nothing to gain by supporting Armenia. Maybe it could happen, maybe not. I see Russia as an ally and hope it will remain so. I remain pro-Russian and understand why they do some of the things they do in response to the US but at the same time, lets not forget their goals are really no different than the US, China, etc.; the want control, they want power, and they do not care how it is attained. Armenia has consistently been a good ally for the Russians and I hope it is appreciated by the Russian authorities and reciprocated.
              Given we are part of CSTO and have Russian military base, we should be the priority when being armed, while Azerbaijan is really pro-Turkey (thus NATO) more than anything else.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                Given we are part of CSTO and have Russian military base, we should be the priority when being armed, while Azerbaijan is really pro-Turkey (thus NATO) more than anything else.
                I agree with you Mos. Russia shouldn't be giving them these military hardware like candy such as attack helicopters, Mig 29s (Ukraine), joint manufacturing of AK-74 and armored vehicles, rumors of more advanced S-300s. Azeris also get weapons from others like Turkey and Israel.

Like already said Russians always play both sides. They know if they give us our own Mig-29s and Mil Mi-28s we will destroy Azerbaijan.

Armenia should consider purchasing weapons from Iran as well.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                  I agree with you Mos. Russia shouldn't be giving them these military hardware like candy such as attack helicopters, Mig 29s (Ukraine), joint manufacturing of AK-74 and armored vehicles, rumors of more advanced S-300s. Azeris also get weapons from others like Turkey and Israel.

Like already said Russians always play both sides. They know if they give us our own Mig-29s and Mil Mi-28s we will destroy Azerbaijan.

Armenia should consider purchasing weapons from Iran as well.

I agree but its simply the reality. What Armenia should do is also purchase some weapons from Ukraine- they use Russian designed weapons commensurate with Armenian utilization and familiarity this would piss off the Azeris and f@ck up their relations. Armenia should also purchase from Belarus.

S. Africa also makes fine weapons.
                  General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

I agree but its simply the reality. What Armenia should do is also purchase some weapons from Ukraine- they use Russian designed weapons commensurate with Armenian utilization and familiarity this would piss off the Azeris and f@ck up their relations. Armenia should also purchase from Belarus.

S. Africa also makes fine weapons.
                    Excelent idea....if ADF (Armenian Defence Force ) can effort to spend a little more this will be a great move.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

The reason for the bloody incident in the Azerbaijani army was sexual abuse
                      A bloody incident that took place in the Azerbaijani army on February 20 was the violence of a sexual nature. Recall that the Azerbaijani soldier shot the fellow with a machine gun, then killed himself. Total killed seven people.

According to our reliable sources, who shot his co-workers repeatedly sexually abused by them, which led to the tragic outcome for both offenders and for their sacrifices.

Note that the rape in the Azerbaijani army had already led to armed incidents, and the courts of the Azerbaijani army, raping co-workers are not uncommon.

Adjudication on the most high-profile such case was passed on June 7 this year. Azerbaijani servicemen Emin Bagirov Togrul Rahimov and were sentenced to life imprisonment, and Yusif Yusifov - 15 years' imprisonment. They were accused of rape 28 regular soldiers of his platoon commanders, and killing, which began an investigation of their crimes. Azerbaijani soldiers were killed by platoon commander Lieutenant Tagiyev, and his deputy, Lieutenant Emrahov.

/ Panorama.am /

Comment

Working...
                      X