Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Why did he get that close to the Trenches in the first place?

Comment

Living in the liberated territories is an act of heroism

by Tatul Hakobyan

Virab Shaboyan, father of nine, with one of his cows.

Beirut - Lebanese Armenians Melkon Hagopian and Ben Bouchakjian have visited the liberated regions in Nagorno-Karabakh several times. They have traveled the territory between the mountains of Omar to the banks of the Araks; they have been amazed at the breathtaking landscape, met with people not cared for by the authorities, and have come to realize that living in the liberated territories is itself an act of heroism. The last time they went to Artsakh was in the spring of this year to participate in a conference c0-organized by the Tufenkian Foundation and the Karabakh government, aimed at ensuring investments for the revitalization and resettlement of the liberated territories.

Mr. Hagopian is amazed that so many years after liberation, the infrastructure of those territories remains dismal; the roads are covered with potholes and it seems as if this is being done in order to force people not to live in those territories; to give up hope and leave.

"Whatever we do for Artsakh, it will seem as if we have done nothing. For the sake of the sacrifices made, we must help Artsakh. We fought to liberate our lands and not seize lands that did not belong to us. We think that Artsakh's power is in the size of its population. Everything must be done to encourage an increase in the size of its population," says Mr. Hagopian.

Mr. Hagopian and Mr. Bouchakjian are the representatives of the Body for Artsakh's Restoration and Resettlement in Lebanon, otherwise known as the Artsakh Fund, which allocates financial aid for the resettlement and restoration of Nagorno-Karabakh. For the past two years the fund has been giving a cow to those families who have a third child in the liberated territories, in particular in Shahumian and Kashatagh.

Last year the two men personally visited the territories and allocated the cows. This year the cows were given to the families by three young Lebanese-Armenians. To date 86 families have applied to the Artsakh Fund and their requests have been granted.

"In return for the money, the beneficiary family must sign a contract with the person from whom they buy the cow. The beneficiaries are photographed during the purchase. The cow is also photographed and marked. People are not allowed to resell their cow, so that they are ensured of a constant income. We have distributed 123 cows with their calves; each cow costs about $600," says Mr. Bouchakjian.

Since 1988, Lebanese Armenians have donated different types of aid to their compatriots in the Artsakh conflict. The Artsakh Fund was established in the 90s and it distributed clothes, medicine, and other types of aid to the Armenians of Artsakh. Over time as demands changed, the name of the organization changed too. Even Lebanese-Armenian schoolchildren help the Armenians in Artsakh. Recently they bought the It Is Already Late DVD about Artsakh and donated the income to the renovation of school furniture in Nor Maragha, Nor Getashen, and Poghosagomer villages.

Months ago the Artsakh Fund organized the screening of military journalist Vardan Hovhanissian's A Story of People in War and Peace documentary film in Lebanon. In 2007 the film won the first prize at the Golden Apricot Film Festival. The entire income of the one-week screening of the documentary was also allocated to Artsakh's restoration and resettlement project.

Mr. Bouchakjian says that a lot of work needs to be carried out in the liberated territories and what they do is simply a drop in the ocean.

"About 200 thousand Azeris lived in those territories: from Karvajar to Araks. Today only 8,500 Armenians live in those same territories," he says.

Mr. Hagopian and Mr. Bouchakjian note that their activities provide them with spiritual satisfaction, but at the same time the suffering of the people and "the indifference of the authorities toward them," causes them pain.

"Karvajar region is impressive. You can go for kilometers and not see a single person and suddenly you see a young girl sitting at the edge of the road. Then you can go further along and see a cow on the road. People live in that kind of desolation. They live in very difficult conditions, but they do not have any expectations. Living in those territories is already an act of heroism. No complaining, no moaning, and no expectation, despite their cruel living conditions. That left a very vivid impression on me. But in terms of state care, those territories are neglected. There is no effort being made for those families to have someone to rely on and feel that they are not neglected and their sacrifices are appreciated," recounts Mr. Bouchakjian of his impressions in Beirut.

The dignity of those living in the liberated territories has also left an impression on Mr. Hagopian. Those who benefit from the Artsakh Fund are very happy and excited when they receive the aid, but they do not act greedily. "On the contrary, those people welcome us with what little they have," he says.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

wow... I'd love to check out the liberated territories, self subsistence lifestyle and blissful solitude. Following this passion of mine is considered heroism? All the better

Comment

They just keep dying and dying and dying...
          --------------------------------------------
          One more Azerbaijani soldier dies
          24 November 2008 [14:20] - Today.Az
          Azerbaijani army soldier Coshgun Abdurahmanov died.

Azerbaijani army soldier Coshgun Abdulrahmanov died of a disease not in the result of fire exchange, said spokesman for Defense Ministry Eldar Sabiroghlu, according to Novosti-Azerbaijan.

The soldier was placed to the central military hospital and died there.

Coshgun Abdurakhmanov was recruited in the Imishli region. His body was passed to his relatives.

/Day.Az/

URL: http://www.today.az/news/society/49190.html
          Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

I've seen video of my family visiting Nagornyi Karabax and the place is an poverty-stricken dump. It is not reasonable to cripple the country's economy and send young men to die for such a senseless cause. The so-called question of Karabax is really of no importance to the working people of Armenia. The Dashnak-esque pigs that have plunderd and destroyed our fatherland since 1991 propagandize the situation in Karabax only to distract the Armenian people from their true interests. What is needed is for Armenians and Azerbaijanis to unite against the common enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaumian View Post
              I've seen video of my family visiting Nagornyi Karabax and the place is an poverty-stricken dump. It is not reasonable to cripple the country's economy and send young men to die for such a senseless cause. The so-called question of Karabax is really of no importance to the working people of Armenia. The Dashnak-esque pigs that have plunderd and destroyed our fatherland since 1991 propagandize the situation in Karabax only to distract the Armenian people from their true interests. What is needed is for Armenians and Azerbaijanis to unite against the common enemy.
              Stupid turk. No one here believes your crap. Do me a favor, go find a landmine.

Comment

hahahaha you're so funny and no one here believes that you're hay so go and follow gmd's advice.
                And I can tell you no one out of Haysatan thinks like this. Thank god they don't.

Comment

Stupid turk.
                  What leads you to believe that I'm a Turk? Wouldn't a Turkish troll make anti-Armenian remarks? I simply have the opinion that the war in Karabax and more broadly the reign of the Dashnaks have been disastrous for Armenia.

Comment

What leads you to believe that I'm a Turk? Wouldn't a Turkish troll make anti-Armenian remarks? I simply have the opinion that the war in Karabax and more broadly the reign of the Dashnaks have been disastrous for Armenia.
                    I did not call you a Turk. I said you are a turk. Maybe you are in denial about it but it does not change the fact that you suffer from stupid turk mentality.

Comment

ooh please tell me why you think that, because I believe the opposite. we need Artsakh for the security of Hayastan, do you really think we would be safe if the Azeris could attack Armenia and gues who would join the bastards to the est of the border. So we need Artsakh, and don't start about economics or anything else. Some members of my family have served there and even fought in the war.

Comment

Working...
                      X