Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
    Azerbaijan's own actions before and during the NK war removed its right (moral and legal) to have any control over the future of NK.

I have also written that Azerbaijan's state ideology regarding the history, the future, and the current population of NK is genocidal in nature, and so any group or state that supports the resumption of Azerbaijani control over NK is committing a crime under international law (since supporting and encouraging an act that will result in genocide is as much a war crime as the act of genocide). It is only due to the general amateurishness of Armenians that this aspect has not been explored.

As to your own personal loss and sense of injustice, I could say, if you care that much about living in the region, what are you doing in America and how does that fit with "love and devotion to my country"? But this forum is full of your equivalents - Armenians who do not live in Armenia! However, what do you mean "restore what belongs to us"? You are wanting more than just restoration of your property and the right to live in Shusha, you are supporting a regime that wants to entirely eliminate the population of NK, and that wants to entirely eliminate its past. What right do you have to want to destroy other peoples lives, to support genocide, so that you will get retribution for your own loss?
    I am supporting a regime that wants to entirely eliminate the population of NK? Friend you are talking out of your white ass. I reread your answer twice and all i see one side BS, You have no idea what you are talking or better yet you only know 1side.t right i have to destroy peoples life? lol I dont have that right or mind, but what right did people of Armenia had when they cut out pregnant womans baby and stuck on the polearm. How about those soldiers that released their journals in which they describe acts of violence they have committed. It was a war and xxxx like this happens during war people get crazy, and i dont want to harm single Armenian innocent child or anyone who did not commit their crimes before. I dont want people to die on both ends. I am not saying i am not upset or mad at them. We cant just move on, neither of us can. So we are stuck in this xxxx, blood has been spilled and it going to spill again. You can act like you know how Azeris and Armenians feel about each other , but you can only guess frankly no offense but i came here to speak to my neighbors whom i have some issues and misunderstandings, if i wanted to speak to wana be Armenian/Azeri relation expert i would have gone to somewhere else. So i will still be answering on anything but only if its asked by niggaz across the boarder.

Comment

So every Armenian thinks just we just want to eliminate and cleanse all Armenians?

Comment

Originally posted by umid123 View Post
        So every Armenian thinks just we just want to eliminate and cleanse all Armenians?
        What is with the threats by Aliyev and the Azeri govt? On the one hand Azerbaijan keeps saying Armenians will have highest autonomy and on the other hand keep threatening Armenia. They keep implementing anti-Armenian propaganda, they keep brainwashing the population into believing idiotic claims that Armenians massacred innocent civilians, Armenians were never in the region, Armenians steal from Azeris, etc. The population grows up hating Armenians because they are brainwashed. Innocent Armenian soldiers are being killed by Azeri snipers because they believe there dictator's idiotic claims. Aliyev made an idiotic claim that Yerevan belonged to Azerbaijan and now Azeris keep claiming Yerevan as a historic Azeri city and they want it back.
        We saw what happened to the Armenian cemetery in Julfa. Even Azeri civilians in Nakhichavan claim there was never a cemetery and there have never been Armenians in the region.

Here are some examples:
        Asked if the Azeri army is ready "to go to Yerevan,"
        Min. Abiyev replied: "We can go even farther."
        Azerbaijan News Service via BBC Monitoring 3/22/02

"The Armenian state was created on occupied Azeri lands."
        Azerbaijan News Service, 12/7/01

Here is what your looking for:
        "Our goal is the complete elimination of Armenians. You the Nazis already eliminated the xxxs in the 1930s and 40s, right? Then you will understand us".

At a 2005 meeting with a municipal delegation from Bavaria, Germany, when asked to comment on the Nagorno Karabakh peace process
        RealAzer.com 2/17/06 www.realazer.com/_45/st1.htm stated by Baku mayor Hajibala Abutalybov

"This is an Armenian cemetery, and it needs to be destroyed."

"Within the next 25-years there will be no state of Armenia in the South Caucasus. These people … have no right to live in this region. Modern Armenia was built on historical Azerbaijani lands. I think that in 25-30 years its territory will again come under Azerbaijan's jurisdiction".
        RFE/RL, 8/04/04; Zerkalo Daily (Baku), 8/4/04 Col. Ramiz Melikov Spokesperson Ministry of Defense

All ethnic Armenians should be treated "as not a nation, but an organization,"which is aggressive and dangerous.
        525ci Gazet Newspaper, Baku, 4/1/03 Rovshan Mustafayev National Academy of Sciences

"The time has come to wipe the Armenian state off the face of the earth."
        Zerkalo Daily (Baku) 2/14/06 Havva Mammadova MP, YeniAzerbaycan Party

Calling for suicide bombings of civilian territory
        "Our people must … free Karabakh from Armenian occupiers. To achieve this goal we are ready to… undertake acts of suicide bombing. "Manafova also called on Parliament members to become suicide bombers.
        Regnum News Agency (Moscow), www.regnum.ru, 12/15/03 Asia Manafova Member of Parliament Yeni Azerbaycan Party

ANS has endorsed the recruitment of suicide bombers from among thousands of orphaned and homeless children in Azerbaijan.
        ANS via BBC Monitoring 10/13/02

on safarov
        "Safarov is a talented and disciplined officer. I, as an Azeri, understand and support Safarov's actions."

Regnum News Agency (Moscow), www.regnum.ru, 2/25/04 Col. Ramiz Melikov Spokesperson Ministry of Defense

Warned of more attacks on individual Armenians, adding that he "would not advise Armenians to sleep easy in their beds."
        Zerkalo Daily, Baku, 2/24/04 Agshin Mekhtiyev Azerbaijan's Ambassador to the Council of Europe

Told Terry Davis, the Envoy of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE), that "similar incidents"could occur in PACE as well.
        Ekho Daily, Baku 2/27/04 Siyavush Novruzov Member of Parliament

Safarov should serve as "an example for Azerbaijani youth."
        Zerkalo Daily, Baku, 2/28/04 Elmira Suleimanova Human Rights Ombudsman

To answer your question, yes Azeris want to eliminate Armenians from the region.
        Last edited by ninetoyadome; 05-24-2011, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by umid123 View Post
          "If there is a single Armenian left in Karabakh this October, Azeris will hang him in Baku's Central Square ..."

(Excerpt from a public address of Abulfaz Elchibey, President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, June 1992)

Comment

Armenians have thought otherwise, excusing those who were hurting them and being lonely. That's her that we have arrived at this situtation. But that does this ever again.

Comment

Comment

Comment

MILEX-2011. 6th International Exhibition of Arms and Military Machinery. Armenian Exposition:

Comment

Thank you Burjuin.

Did you go to the MILEX exhibition?

Comment

I was on this exhibition today

Comment

Working...
                      X