Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Mher View Post
    Hey guys, my name is Mher. I was born in Iran, and moved to America about 10 years ago. Im hoping to move to Armenia within a few years after graduating college, but for now, I m doing my best to keep up with Armenian news. Ive been following this messageboard for about the past 2-3 months to get caught up on Armenian politics and issues. I finally finished going through this thread and the some of the other key ones, and I want to thank you guys for all the information, updates, and pictures you provide. Hopefully Ill be able to contribute to the discussions. Thats all for now.
    Welcome to the forum Mher. It's nice to see that people actually read the stuff we post . Don't be shy to contribute as well and enjoy your stay!
    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Armenia interested in “Smerch” multiple launch rocket system

Wednesday 8 June 2011 09:56

Photo: http://img206.imageshack.us/

Yerevan/Mediamax/. During Milex-2011 exhibition held in Minsk last week representatives of Armenia showed interest in Russian "Smerch” Multiple Launch Rocket Systems (MLRS).

Nikolay Dimidyuk, Director for Special Commissions of Russia’s defense exports organization, “Rosoboronexport”, said this in the interview to “Military-industrial messenger” magazine, Mediamax reports.

According to him, “interesting negotiations were held with representatives of Armenia and Kazakhstan, who were interested in Russian “Smerch” MLRS and modernization of armament.”

He specially highlighted the participation of Collective Security Treaty Organization’s (CSTO) bodies in the exhibition.

“We have never cooperated so closely with CSTO. For example, there is a task to supply arms to CSTO states by internal prices. But it is not always profitable for the factory. The factory is forced to take a loan, and there is no guarantee that this or that country will buy its production. It was suggested to set up a task force to elaborate proposals on given issue.”

Mediamax reports that “Smerch” multiple launch rocket system, developed in 1987, is considered the most powerful one in the world. “Smerch” is used by Armed Forces of Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Peru, Algeria, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates and India.

The export price of “Smerch” MLRS is about $12mln.

Comment

Mediamax reports that “Smerch” multiple launch rocket system, developed in 1987, is considered the most powerful one in the world. “Smerch” is used by Armed Forces of Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Peru, Algeria, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates and India.
        And Azerbaijan...
        Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Well we will get it for 6 million SMERCH is one of the best, and deadly, multiple rocket systems today. It would be amazing if we could acquire some of those, this will boost our attacking capabilities enormously.

Comment

good news! lets hope this wont take so long to be realised...

Comment

We have this system for a long time .
              This is not news.

Այդ մասին հաղորդում է ռուսաստանյան «Военно-промышленный курьер» պարբերականը:

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
                Hey guys, my name is Mher. I was born in Iran, and moved to America about 10 years ago. Im hoping to move to Armenia within a few years after graduating college, but for now, I m doing my best to keep up with Armenian news. Ive been following this messageboard for about the past 2-3 months to get caught up on Armenian politics and issues. I finally finished going through this thread and the some of the other key ones, and I want to thank you guys for all the information, updates, and pictures you provide. Hopefully Ill be able to contribute to the discussions. Thats all for now.
                Welcome aper - it's good you are doing this!
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

An anonymous source at the Defense Ministry, however, confirmed to Tert.am that the Armenian military has already obtained the system.

Armenian military obtains Smerch
                  14:45 • 08.06.11

According to a Russian military publication, citing a top official Russia's the Rosobornexport, the Armenian Defense Ministry delegation members attending the Milex–2011 military expo held in Minsk, Belarus, were interested in the Russian-built modern multiple rocket launcher system Smerch.

When contacted by Tert.am, Armenian defense minister's spokesman Davit Karapetyan denied to comment on the report, adding only that the Armenian armed forces periodically update their arsenal with modern weaponry.

An anonymous source at the Defense Ministry, however, confirmed to Tert.am that the Armenian military has already obtained the system.

The BM-30 Smerch or 9A52 is designed to defeat personnel, armored, and soft-skinned targets in concentration areas, artillery batteries, command posts and ammunition depots.

Tert.am
                  General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                    http://tert.am/en/news/2011/06/08/smerch/

Armenian military obtains Smerch
                    14:45 • 08.06.11

According to a Russian military publication, citing a top official Russia's the Rosobornexport, the Armenian Defense Ministry delegation members attending the Milex–2011 military expo held in Minsk, Belarus, were interested in the Russian-built modern multiple rocket launcher system Smerch.

When contacted by Tert.am, Armenian defense minister's spokesman Davit Karapetyan denied to comment on the report, adding only that the Armenian armed forces periodically update their arsenal with modern weaponry.

The BM-30 Smerch or 9A52 is designed to defeat personnel, armored, and soft-skinned targets in concentration areas, artillery batteries, command posts and ammunition depots.

Tert.am
                    that was really quick
                    Although, one might have suspected this a while ago, because AAF is so secretive about revieling military purshaces. But why reveal this now is the question. Interesting times indeed. Zoravar, can you confirm this in your circles?

Comment

Car carrying servicemen turned over in Azerbaijan, three injured

[ 08 Jun 2011 12:23 ]
                      Mingachevir. Shahnezer Bashirov – APA. A car turned over on Aran-Mingachevir highway, three servicemen were injured.

APA’s local bureau reports that the accident happened on the 8th km of the highway yesterday.

Mercedes-180 driven by senior lieutenant of the military unit in Yevlakh, Aliyev Rufat Hasan, 26, turned over. Rufat Aliyev and his fellow servicemen – Bedelov Ismayil Aliyar, 29, and Farzaliyev Sakhavat Suleyman, 25, were injured.

They were taken to Mingachevir Central Hospital.

Military police are carrying out investigation.
                      apa.az

Comment

Working...
                      X