Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Aslanov View Post
    Well, military might of Azerbaijan is incomparable to both NK and Armenian army. Surely it would not be a walk over for AZ military but still.

I wonder if you guys just believe in Russian involvement?
    U are welcome to our talks,
    Don't rush now with the firts involment of Armenia the war stopped before that the war were purely between Artsax and Azeris and u could do eny thing.
    If u take current numbers Armenia with Artsax make equal to Azeri Forces with significant lower budget expenditures.

Russia got there own agenda,if they search for allies they will find them only in Armenia.The trick is that we are in CSTO Artsax is not so war again will not involve Armenia neither Russia,so if i were u which now i don't know eny info about Artsax i will not start war.
    Opportunity for successful war has gone time ago.

Comment

I want to say something about NK issue. We are ready to give Armenians of NK an high autonomous status. Everything can be Armenian in NK and they can have a direct contact with Armenia by no problem. We are ready to give that.

Isn't it better then a war? I mean don't you guys worry when you see huge spendings of our military? And who would want a war anyway, i mean look at last years war.

I know all that "we can't live under Azerbaijani flag again" etc...however, its the best for both sides.

Politically we are more democratic (multi view including the Diaspora), therefore our President would find it extremely difficult to carry his people with him into unacceptable concessions.

As for war, hopefully it does not happen. If it does the military loss to Azerbaijan will be very high indeed considering they will be the offensive party.

Economically it will be catastrophic for Azerbaijan.
      It will not be a case of not being able to pump oil/gas for a week or two.
      It might destroy a good ten years work with the oil installations etc. Remember our brothers/sisters will be fighting for survival.

Most importantly it will be the end of the Aliev dynasty which his father set up. I dare say it would be a too high risk/reward for your President.
      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
        Do they count newborns to refugees in Azerbaijan as refuges.
        Of course. That is part of their strategy. Those Azerbaijanis who have been living in rail cars for the last two decades have now brought many babies as is the case with poor families. But that's not the only way they will boost their numbers. They will claim anyone and everyone possible for settlement on OUR lands and one day, Artsakh will become Nakhichevan.

No one should return and if there will be any "returning", it should be controlled and the people who want to live there should apply for Artsakh citizenship.
        Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

I can't comment much about issues regarding NK etc...

However, military wise. Whats the strength of Armenian and NKR airforce? Does NKR even have a airforce?

Azerbaijan has a strong airforce.

It would be good if you didn't actually compared our military to Georgia. Georgian military was so unbalanced that it wasn't even funny.
          Last edited by Aslanov; 07-11-2009, 06:54 AM.

Comment

I can't comment much about issues regarding NK etc...

However, military wise. Whats the strength of Armenian and NKR airforce? Does NKR even have a airforce?

Azerbaijan has a strong airforce.
            NKR does not have an airforce and Armenia's airforce is negligible. However, what we do have is a well-developed anti-air defense.

Comment

I totally agree with the risk/reward assessment factor. Despite all the rhetoric aliev couldnt give a rats ass about nkr, his main priority is to maintain the dynastic power of his family. Rhetoric is for domestic consumption, so that he will be seen as a strong leader by his people and it means absolutly nothing. Aliev has much more to lose then to gain in a new war so it is not going to happen, and if it does for some reason happen it will be bloodier then the last one for both sides. Resumption of the war will be a great tragedy, the military buildup by both sides has made this region among the highest militirized zones in the world and if these forces were brought to bear, huge carnage would be the result with much higher loss of life on both sides compared to the first war. The military expenditures by the azeris are significant but it takes atleast 2X bigger army to successfully attack then it does to defend and the actual amnaments and military forces inside nkr are unknown by azeris. Bottom line is the price of land is blood and we armenians know this better then anyone so if azeris want nk they will have to go to war but this scenerio is not in their leaders interest so it wont happen. As for Russis, they still control what goes on in the region and wont let one side get too powerfull. Aslanov you are implying that if nkr rejoins azeris it will be autonomous and all will be well but it never happens that way. The same thing was said when the soviets gave nk to azeris but what followed was years of racism,discrimination ending with a attempted ethnik cleansing. The same thing will happen again if nkr is taken under azeri rule and thats why it wont happen.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by ninetoyadome View Post
                i think thats what they were doing in the picture. aliyev said that Armenia was going to pull out and both Serge and Medvedeev began to laugh so aliyev joined in.
                aliyev is so stupid that he would fall for the old "we'll pull out " line.

Comment

Hi first of all. I m not here to insult you guys or such. I hope you are not that intolerant against us.

I m an ethnic Avar to begin with. I m not Azeri.

Nice thread got to say.

I want to say something about NK issue. We are ready to give Armenians of NK an high autonomous status. Everything can be Armenian in NK and they can have a direct contact with Armenia by no problem. We are ready to give that.

Isn't it better then a war? I mean don't you guys worry when you see huge spendings of our military? And who would want a war anyway, i mean look at last years war.

I know all that "we can't live under Azerbaijani flag again" etc...however, its the best for both sides.
                  Aslanov, interesting point you make, but that's all. your avatar is the avar seperatist flag, so how can you square that circle?

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
                    Aslanov, interesting point you make, but that's all. your avatar is the avar seperatist flag, so how can you square that circle?
                    Thats only what GOV claims.

Its our idenity.

However, I actually consider myself to be Azerbaijani.

Of course i would also like to have at least a autonomous Avar entity.

actually, if NK people accept such thing, Azerbaijan will be a federation.

NK, Avar, Lezgin, Talish and Azeris.

Comment

Thats only what GOV claims.

Its our idenity.

However, I actually consider myself to be Azerbaijani.

Of course i would also like to have at least a autonomous Avar entity.

actually, if NK people accept such thing, Azerbaijan will be a federation.

NK, Avar, Lezgin, Talish and Azeris.
                      Unacceptable.

How can you betray your own ethnicity and ancestors and consider yourself to be an Azerbaijani? The same Azerbaijan which will not give freedom for your people? The same Azerbaijan who has imposed assimilation policies and shrunk your numbers purposely? Stand up for yourselves.

This map does not look too bad

Comment

Working...
                      X