Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
    Agree 100%

1.) The Armenians will be on the defensive which means the Azeris will have to mount a major, multi- front offensive. They will need to vastly outnumber the Armenian troops in terms of soldiers, tanks, etc. The Georgians tried this against the vastly outnumbered/outgunned Ossets and after some initial success, due mostly to the element of surprise, were bogged down long enough for reinforcements to arrive...and we know how that ended. The Azeris will mostly be at the disadvantage, their only advantage is the element of surprise but then again this is not gong to be much of an advantage for them. The problem for them exists that the Armenians are better experiecend, trained, equipped and manned than other military formations in the Caucasus. additionally, they hold the high ground and can easily view Azeri operations/ troop movements, across the line. On paper, the Azeris might appear stronger but in reality, when combines the forces of Armenia and Artsakh, the Azeris have only a slight edge in troops, equipments, etc. Until the Azeris actualy fight successfull instead of making threats, they are only paper tigers.

2) If the Azeris are able to breach the initial line of defense, {which will be costly in terms of casualties}, they will still have to cross 2 additional lines which are even more heavily fortified, clear mines, and be able to absorb a massive artillery onslaught for which they will be in the middle of a coordinated trajectory that has been mapped and covered by howitzers, katyushas, strellas, mortars, etc.

3) if they somehow succede, they will then be bogged down in a mountainous guerrilla war that will ultimately defeat them. The Armenians forces in the region were able to fight successfully this way against combined Azeri-Omon/ Soviet forces prior to the organization of their military with but a handful of dedicated men. It should also be noted that in some areas of Artsakh, tanks are ineffective. Nor will the Azeris be able to bolster their supply lines in such a mountainous area with good cover.

4) The Azeri will be racing against the clock; if they are to miraculously succesful, they will need to achieve this not in months or weeks but in mere days. The Armenians will be reinforced almost immediately from Armenia proper.

It should also be noted:

-While the Azeris have been beefing up their military and material, so have the Armenians. Armenia and Artsakh are not resting on their laurels. Russia recently provided and extra billion in equipment, ammo, etc and Armenia has been procuring equipment from various states, not just Russia, at low prices. They have also stockpiled enough fuel and ammo to fight for many months. The last war was a learning experience for the Armenians and they will not forget those lessons in terms of tactics, supply lines, logisitics, etc.
    If the Azeris have a larger airforce, the Armenians counter with a highly-tuned anti-aircraft system. It was true during the first war and true today. As everyday passes, air-power grow more obsolete. The latest anti-aircraft weapons are highly effective and much cheaper to purchase and maintain. The Azeris lost dozens of aircraft during the first war.

- The Armenian military is far more effective, professional and organized that the first war. They are lead by experienced and successful veterans. Though brash and xxxxy, they are being educated by men with real know-how. This in invaluable.

- Again, the Armenians will be fighting a defensive war which means they will absorb attacks and inflict damage on the enemy which is easier than coordinating an an attack. The Armenians only need to stand firm.

- The Armenians backs will be against the wall if attacked they will have higher morale. Losing will not be a option. In some cases, their families only live a few kilometers from the front.

- If the Azeris attack, investors, business, etc will flee. The war will be bad for everyone in terms of human loss, economy, etc but the Azeris have much more to lose. Not only that, the BTC pipeline will be destroyed, I can guarnatee. Remember, this is in Russia's interest too.

-It is highly likely that if the Azeris attacked they will be defeated and suffer high battle casualties which will result in a demoralized military, disorganization, etc. Then they are open for an Armenian counterattack. This happened during the first war. You can forget Turks helping the Azeris, Russia thwarts that threat and their are no longer any significant Chechen forces left to help the Azeris this time. Nor will the Afghan mujaheddin lend a hand this time, they are bogged down against the US and were also totally ineffective against the Armenians in the first war{ as were the Chechens}.

If helter-skelter occurs and the Azeris are somehow manage to subjugate Artsakh, the Armenians have one more trump card up their sleeve and I do believe the Azeri high brass, president know about this but are loathe to say anything......
    Good post Joseph. You summed it up pretty well.

Comment

Someone here is a member of mp.net forums and likes to read this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
        Well, about counterattacking, don't the azeris put mines everywhere in their controlled territory around NKR? I'd expect this to be a more serious case during a second war than in the first, as they've had a good 15 years now to plant mines all over the place. I mean, even 15 years ago they managed to make Armenian occupied territories of NKR full of mines.
        Mines rarely stop a determined offensive, they do slow down the attacker so that the defenders can retreat or regroup and reorganize.

Mines work best when you know which route(s) your opponent will be using.

Back to our counteroffensive.
        Artsakh borders with the Azeris stretches for hundreds of kms. They can not mine everywhere in a short period of time. No one knows about the counteroffensive plans of our high command. Which axis (plural) will they use?
        Just like the previous war: the Azeris never knew where we would strike next.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
          That is very dangerous move……I don’t think Armenia will do such thing without Russian approval. Never mind Azerbaijan and Turkey, you cut that flow outright and there will be hell to pay internationally.

Holding it a hostage is another story.
          One wrong move and the pipeline gets it!
          That is exactly why we have the military agreement with Russia. One move from Turkey and they will will have to deal with Russians.

If Aliyev decides to use force, the Turks will be sidelined/isolated by the Russians. The Azeris will have to fight alone. Once war is declared, all gloves come off. We definitly have to inflict as much damage as possible to Azerbaijan.

At the very minimum, by the end of the conflict, their economy should be rolled back 20 years. Their piplelines, oil industry and as much infrastructure as possible should be possible. Azerbaijan should not be able to pump and export oil for many years.

Russia (and Iran) will approve all that. Them and all the other oil exporting countries will be pleased to see the price of oil jump high up....

As for international repercussions: we are not the ones who started the war.

Comment

Originally posted by D3ADSY View Post
            Someone here is a member of mp.net forums and likes to read this thread.
            That is right brother and I am practically going to transfer this whole thread to there while trying hard not to get it locked by the mp.net Mods.
            You see how the Turks are practically begging for that thread to be destroyed??

Also I will NOT reference it back to Hyeclub……(that place is a wolf den as you may know). Anybody objecting on what I am doing let me know. Federate knows about this.

Good point ZORAVAR
            Last edited by Eddo211; 07-14-2009, 05:47 AM.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

NOTICE TO EVERYONE READING THIS THREAD.

Some people from this forum (I can identify at least one) are copying posts from this thread and using them on various non-Armenian forums to go into arguments and flamewars against Azeris and Turks.

My humble advice: don't waste your time and effort on non-productive childish discussions that lead nowhere.

I don't want my posts on this forum to be used elsewhere.

Thank you.

Comment

Well it's not my thread and I have not contributed anything to it but I can't see anything to be gained by posting this stuff to mp.net. I'm sure you're aware, it's not like they are very open to discussion unless you agree with the majority and their points of view.

Comment

Eddo,

Your post came a millisecond before mine.

Beware of mp.net. As you said it is a wolf's den. It is a very much extreme hardline (US and Israel) place where you have to abide by their political views, otherwise you will be in trouble and all the good work you have been trying to do will be turned around and used against our cause. The owner and moderators on mp.net have a clear agenda....

There are a few good Armenians there who pretty much know what they are doing. Follow their moves in case you want to be on that forum. Good luck.

I follow that forum myself to gather information, but I don't post there.

Comment

Originally posted by ZORAVAR View Post
                    NOTICE TO EVERYONE READING THIS THREAD.

Some people from this forum (I can identify at least one) are copying posts from this thread and using them on various non-Armenian forums to go into arguments and flamewars against Azeris and Turks.

My humble advice: don't waste your time and effort on non-productive childish discussions that lead nowhere.

I don't want my posts on this forum to be used elsewhere.

Thank you.
                    No childish arguments. It is obvious that many on that site do not understand our situation and I am going to enlighten the public there, maybe get some of them ultra-nationalist Turks banned in the process (not easy to do over there).
                    Do you know what kind of crap they are writing about us? and people believe them!! My intentions are not to start flame wars………..they do that themselves in a heart beat.

ZORAVAR, you got it man. I will not use your information posts, ever.

Maybe I should completely stop but I have a feeling the Armenians there want me to continue.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by ZORAVAR View Post
                      Eddo,

Your post came a millisecond before mine.

Beware of mp.net. As you said it is a wolf's den. It is a very much extreme hardline (US and Israel) place where you have to abide by their political views, otherwise you will be in trouble and all the good work you have been trying to do will be turned around and used against our cause. The owner and moderators on mp.net have a clear agenda....

There are a few good Armenians there who pretty much know what they are doing. Follow their moves in case you want to be on that forum. Good luck.

I follow that forum myself to gather information, but I don't post there.
                      Hey I just read your second post. Thanks for the advise......I was coming to that conclusion. I have seen how things can be turned around over there against you.

Thanks ZORAVAR
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X