Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Vahram View Post
    If only Ararat was in my hands they could build it in Armenia.
    They would have probably put it on Mt Ararat.

They were so stupid to give Ararat away, now they too are paying the price not just us!
    No human can give Ararat away, and only the Armenians belong to her......even in death we carve it on our gravestone.
    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post

No human can give Ararat away, and only the Armenians belong to her......even in death we carve it on our gravestone.
      there's still an ancient armenian cemetery on Ararat, which surprised me when i found out, anything armenian was destroyed over the past decades.

Still, strategically, Ararat could have been very usual to the soviets, they just didn't realise it, and also in the end for us. American/turkish spies are sitting there as we talk listening to radio signals from armenia. They listen to russian pilots talking, they even know every pilot by name, from his voice. So yes, Ararat could have been a major asset for us.
      Last edited by arakeretzig; 03-07-2012, 01:34 AM.

Comment

gotta admit, the azeris are getting some nice toys past few years, specially in the artillery department. check this out:-

12 x 2S7 203mm self-propelled howitzer, powerful howizter, that can reach 55km with motor assisted projectile
        Lynx, modular rocket launcher (with EXTRA, LAR-160 and Grad) , LAR-160 -45km, the EXTRA missles can reach as far as _150km_
        ATMOS 2000 , can send artillery shell as far as 41km.
        36-40 x T-155 Firtina - turkish stuff, but still, 155 mm shell with 40km reach.

stepanakert is within 30-35km from the frontline. not forgetting Smerch BM-30, even these systems could devastate the city.

I think this is one of the major reasons Ohanyan talked about aqcuiring long-range and accurate missles for 2015, to try and neutralize them. But given the sheer numbers and variation of these systems, if all of them are deployed against stepanakert, there's no garantee you can take them all out. scary stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
          You are sadly out of touch with the geopolitical realities. And just because you were born in Armenia doesn't mean you somehow are in tune with what the people there think or what the country needs. As far as I can see from your profile, you live in Sweden.
          yesi removed to sweden bout 3 years ago,but iam still be activ in armenian terms, iam 100% know whats going on there what politics are there etc. comeback to military talks!

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
            in today's course, 66k roubles, that's 2000$, and in armenia, they can live like kings with that compared to most of the population, this will make them more motivated, good move by russkie MoD.
            ouf! 2000$ are nice for armenia it is about 600.000 AMD. my unlce got only 300.000 and they still living little bit better then another ppl, but double of it will be cool, our soldiers of contract got only 96.000AMD. if on border then 105.000 AMD, sad... i've thinked bout join swedish army, for 1 year in afghanistan they give me 100.000€, somebody have info how much our peacekeeper got?

Comment

Originally posted by HyeFighter2 View Post
              ouf! 2000$ are nice for armenia it is about 600.000 AMD. my unlce got only 300.000 and they still living little bit better then another ppl, but double of it will be cool, our soldiers of contract got only 96.000AMD. if on border then 105.000 AMD, sad... i've thinked bout join swedish army, for 1 year in afghanistan they give me 100.000€, somebody have info how much our peacekeeper got?
              this is for officers, not soldiers.

Comment

"Ur talking so simple Vahram. so according to you "Azerbabboonistanie metch us lair chiga, gernas desnal shud ovelee heroo" you can see the rocket coming on you by your eyes?!since thats what u mean.or just misunderstanding because of you language. "

As others kindly pointed out you will see it at a longer distance, by seeing I mean the radar seeing not your eyes. And yes without Ararat this makes life harder even for the Russians.

I agree you can't give a lair to anyone, we will take it back one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
                  . American/turkish spies are sitting there as we talk listening to radio signals from armenia. They listen to russian pilots talking, they even know every pilot by name, from his voice. So yes, Ararat could have been a major asset for us.
                  That is not going to do them any good listening to chatter, there is no sensitive information on in-flight communication that will give them anything. Plus, there are many frequencies you can switch to that they won't know how to pickup and pilots know how to talk in coded messages during an attack. also radio silence is maintained during such work. They are freezing their balls off on the mountain for nothing by trolling the aircrew. If what you say its true then they are more stupid than I thought. If I was up there flying I would give them my name (they wanna play? I play).....its good for turks to know who is going to send them to hell.
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

"its good for turks to know who is going to send them to hell"

One thing is that the lair blind spot works both ways!

As Eddo said, lets send them to hell!
                    Last edited by Vahram; 03-07-2012, 04:27 PM.

Comment

102nd military base of the Russian Armed Forces in Gyumri, Armenia. 988th anti-aircraft missile regiment. S-300V1:

Comment

Working...
                      X