Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Families under Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what? I give up. I'm just going to claim that you're right so I don't need to speak about this anymore.

You seem to think of Artsakhtsis as some sort of economic burden, instead of Armenians.

In your way of thinking, the Artsakhtsi fedayis I met in Karindag this summer should just leave their house (which they had just renovated), their jobs, their lives to resettle in some borken down building for refugees in the outskirts of Yerevan like so many others did during the war. Who cares that they had lost brothers and sons in the war to liberate those lands, right? We'll just give them away, and they'll get over it.

I don't care who is to blame for the whole mess, whether it is Stalin, Gorbachev, Aliyev, Hitler, Clinton, Bush, Chirac, I really don't care. Fact is, our brothers and sisters in Sumgayt were massacred, and had we not retaliated, God knows where it would have went.

Artsakh, by the way, is also experiencing an economic growth, and its last elections, as I'm sure you were aware, impressed all european observers (the english observers even took an idea or two that they wanted to suggest to the British Parliament). Stepanakert is a completely redone city, that is cleaner and greener than even Montreal.

With the "silly road" that's being built, I get a feeling that local businesses will even thrive, as they will have easier access to larger markets in Yerevan, which will give them enough money to but more products from Yerevan and other cities.

Internationally, our position on Artsakh has never been as understood as it is today, and the possible presence of delegates from Artaskh in negociations, which were deemed impossible a few years ago, is now very likely to happen.

You know, maybe we should just give Gyumri to Turkey, it's quite an economic liability for us, isn't it? Imagine where all that Lincy money could have been invested...

Comment

Aww Baronchik, I think that you took all of this personally. I never stated that I don’t care about the people of Artsakh you are assuming things. In fact that is all that I was advocating, the well being of Armenian people, that is why I don’t agree with more bloodshed and wars. I simply stated the facts, even mentioned that I will allow you to be the judge, and I did make a statement that this issue is a large percentage political one.

Regarding blaming this mess on someone, I believe that the responsible party is the one that began the conflict, and then quietly stood and watched the conflict and anger that exploded in hate and murder. It’s like some indvidual ignited a spark and after the flame eroded everyone forgot who started the fire. Also I do believe that the right party should be appealed rather than Azerbaijan it should be Russia, since they always seemed to be supporting Azerbaijan due to their interest in oil.

Please don’t get so heated, we are having a discussion on history and current events no one should be hostile and aggressive. Please disagree if you will but don’t allow your personal emotions to get in a way of a diplomatic approach, not a good practice for a future ambassador of Armenia if I may note.

Comment

Originally posted by anileve Aww Baronchik, I think that you took all of this personally. I never stated that I don’t care about the people of Artsakh you are assuming things. In fact that is all that I was advocating, the well being of Armenian people, that is why I don’t agree with more bloodshed and wars. I simply stated the facts, even mentioned that I will allow you to be the judge, and I did make a statement that this issue is a large percentage political one.

Regarding blaming this mess on someone, I believe that the responsible party is the one that began the conflict, and then quietly stood and watched the conflict and anger that exploded in hate and murder. It’s like some indvidual ignited a spark and after the flame eroded everyone forgot who started the fire. Also I do believe that the right party should be appealed rather than Azerbaijan it should be Russia, since they always seemed to be supporting Azerbaijan due to their interest in oil.

Please don’t get so heated, we are having a discussion on history and current events no one should be hostile and aggressive. Please disagree if you will but don’t allow your personal emotions to get in a way of a diplomatic approach, not a good practice for a future ambassador of Armenia if I may note.
        Eh, diplomatic shiplomatic. As Jean Chrétien said, "if I had been politically correct during my career, I wouldn't have survived as long as I have".

My point is not who to blame. My point is that the end result was the survival of the Artsakh Armenians' being at risk. You have still not explained what you think would have happened to the Artsakhtsis had there not been war. We were able to liberate Artsakh, and as much as Aliyev and his crew talk about "re-liberating" Karabakh, there will not be war, not in the present conditions anyways. And no matter what the final agreement is (if it is to be reached in the near future), it is safe to say that it will be Armenians who will have the final say on whatever goes on in Artsakh. Therefore, we must ensure that our brothers and sisters who have lived there for thousands of years also get a chance to develop. Which leads yet again to the construction of the road.

Even if Armenia undoubtedly paid tremendous amounts of money during this war, it was left with no other viable option. Also, had we not retaliated, it would have created a huuuuuge amount of refugees leaving their homes in Artsakh, and resettling in unsanitary buildings around Yerevan. The liberation of these lands allowed the Artsakhtsis to keep their homes. I keep on bringing the example of the fedayis I met this summer, but I do not see these people being in a better situation than they are in today if they had left Artsakh 10-12 years ago. They built their house in 1998, and the man was planning to add a second floor this year. And with the amount of sacrifice these people had done to save their homes, and the fact that they have absolutely noooo regret despite their heavy losses proves that this is not some government-led competition.

There, I tried being more polite this time.

P.S. Have you been to Stepanakert lately? Something tells me that you would be very pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Working...
        X