Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Caucasus Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Caucasus Chronicles

Originally posted by jahannam now now baron, that's not nice.
    the fact that this guy is an embassador doesn't make his stories unbiased.
    now, I know nothing about this guy or what political party he belongs to. but since the letting Tashnagtsoutyoun and its leaders down is the most interesting part of his book, then I'm guessing that was the goal of his book, therefore that he belongs to an anti-Tashnag political party.
    You accuse dstyle of having been "brainwashed by his dad", yet you leave away the fact that you might as well be raised (or should I say "brainwashed"?) under different political influences.(i.e. the hnchag lense)
    and your "Had Maroukian not died already, I would have killed him myself." proves that!
    from his speeches to books and articles written about him, I think Maroukhian is one of the most hairenaser people ever existed.
    but I'm not gonna get into that right now.
    we can either choose to be mature "everyone does it their own way" patriotic Armenians, or we can start threads bashing other Armenian political parties.
    come on now.
    I thought you knew better.
    Ok, I borrowed this book from that armenian family in Montreal you know veeeery well , and as you know, they would not buy a book that is clearly anti-tashnag. Does that give him more credibility?

This man (the ambassador) is a respected diplomat (now serving as Greece's Ambassador to Canada), and was just as critical of the Ter Petrosyan administration.

The reason why I said the part about Maroukhian was "most interesting" (as in very interesting, and not the most interesting) was because I found it bothersome that Maroukhian was aware of the whole situation, and chose to do nothing. Will you also tell me I'm crazy if I say that the ARF and the government did not cooperate too well in Armenia's first years of independance? Is that another taboo subject that we aren't allowed to discuss?

Hairenaser? I'm sure he was: he wouldn't have been the head of the ARF otherwise. In this particular situation, however, he failed to act, and it bothered me.

Once again, I am neither hnchag, tashnag, chootag, nothing.
    I have given credit to the ARF where it deserved (ie organizing the armenian resistance back in the Ottoman empire days), but a political party and its figures should not be immunized against criticism. You and dstyle BOTH REFUSE to believe that Maroukhian was aware of the situation. It's as if it's illegal to question the actions of any politician affiliated with the ARF.

dstyle said I was on crack, as if I pulled this out of my derrière, and you still think I'M the one that should know better?

Come on...vor tare gabrink?
    Last edited by xBaron Dants; 12-29-2003, 07:22 PM.

Comment

it is very scary to think of the realities of the world and the things like this that were hid from the general public. The world is a very xxxxed up place and it takes men that kno what they are doing and understand realities of the world to protect their nation.

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian it is very scary to think of the realities of the world and the things like this that were hid from the general public. The world is a very xxxxed up place and it takes men that kno what they are doing and understand realities of the world to protect their nation.
        I guess we had nobody like that in 1993. Not in government, nor in opposition. And they all started out with the right ideas (at least those in government). Shame...

Comment

Baron u say u have no biasis in the political arena, but alas all you have been doing in the last few months is posting anti ARF propaganda. i wouldnt have reacted if it werent for that. and im gona try to find that book . seems that im not the ones thats been brainwashed, but oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by dstyle Baron u say u have no biasis in the political arena, but alas all you have been doing in the last few months is posting anti ARF propaganda. i wouldnt have reacted if it werent for that. and im gona try to find that book . seems that im not the ones thats been brainwashed, but oh well.
            I will admit, I do bring up the flaws of the ARF. I do so for one reason. In my opinion, the ARF has reached a certain level that it has become almost holy for some of its members. The fact that no one can question any actions brought on by a member of the ARF elite (as proven by this thread, let me remind you that your first reaction was telling me that I'm on crack) is downright silly. I can go on and on about Levon Ter Petrosyan's stupid privatizations, but it has been talked about again and again. He does not seem to enjoy the same immunity as, Maroukhian, for example.

Do I agree with all what the Ramgavars do? Or the Hnchaks? Or the Communists? Of course not. HOWEVER, I do not see the same fanaticism in these parties, and have never heard such idiocies as "Ov vor Ramgavar ché, hay ché". How every armenian patriotic song has been modified to include the name of only Tashnagtsootyoon is also a sort of self-segregation, one that our small nation cannot afford.

Once again, hats off to the Tashnagtsootyoon for what it has achieved in the past. From Dro (if only he were as good a politician as he were a general), to its actions to make our cause known to the world, to Zoravar Antranig. But one cannot continue to worship a political party based on what it was upon its foundation, as opposed to what it is now. Even the great Zoravar quit the Tashnagtsootyoon once he saw the mistakes it made.

The only reason why this thread has been dubbed as "political party bashing" instead of "intelligent conversation" is because some people still cannot grasp the idea that the ARF is a party among many others, with its strengths, and also its flaws.

Besides that, I strongly encourage you to go get the book. Makes you feel proud of what Armenia has achieved since those times.

Comment

But one cannot continue to worship a political party based on what it was upon its foundation, as opposed to what it is now. Even the great Zoravar quit the Tashnagtsootyoon once he saw the mistakes it made.
              thats a very good point you make there. your entire argument was also very sound. when dashnaktsyun was founded they had very pure ideals and dedicated themselves to the public but as you say every political party slowly morphs into somehting that seeks out its own goals and puts the interests of the people as perhaps a second priority. If only all political parties stuck to their roots and their initial goals.

Me and you will found our own party that was like dashnaktsyun in early 20th century and we will go around and personally beat all corrupt and lying officials and rich dirty xxxxs who dont dedicate themselves to the nation but only to how many villas they can buy and how many mercedes they can get by the time they die.i think the key is a hands on approach, if kocharian actually went in and poked around himself he could find all these corrupt motherxxxxers but he doesnt want to because many of them are people he owes his political leverage to. Corruption in reality is very visible and it is not hard to find the people that are corrupt the hard part is punishing them because they have connections within the government and its like a ring of corruption.

The only way that a politician can do his job well as president or anyone else is if he comes into power without the help of anyone so that when he is in power he does not have to play to any groups. for example look at the republicans in the us. They win the presidency by taking contribution from all these oil companies and big industries but then when they are in office they cannot take an unbiased route but must take into account which one of their contributors they will hurt or whatnot.

Comment

Baron.
                Theres a lot the Tashnagtzootyoon has done since then. Its just none was done in Armenia til the 90's. But in the diasparo it has achieved great things, especially in beirut in the worst times.
                About that if ure not tashnag ure not armenian, i agree those people r idiots lol.
                And about the antranig thing, thats a whole different topic lol thatll probably have as much to discuss as this topic here.

Comment

Originally posted by dstyle Baron.
                  Theres a lot the Tashnagtzootyoon has done since then. Its just none was done in Armenia til the 90's. But in the diasparo it has achieved great things, especially in beirut in the worst times.
                  About that if ure not tashnag ure not armenian, i agree those people r idiots lol.
                  And about the antranig thing, thats a whole different topic lol thatll probably have as much to discuss as this topic here.
                  So we basically come to the same point. Ah, the beauty of debating.

My whole point in "bashing" tashnaktzootyoon was to awaken people to the reality that it is, after all, only a political party. You just said that the people who take it further are idiots, so I have no reason to disagree.

Yes, the tashnaktzootyoon has done many things in the diaspora, and I give them credit for that too. On a personal note, I still disagree with its collaboration with the CIA against Soviet Armenia as Soviet or not, it was still our Armenia. But that is, I guess, a difference in ideology. Those times are now over, and a new era of TOTAL cooperation must begin soon, if we really do wish to achieve anything. I also have some cases of what has happened between the AGBU and the Tashnag agoomp here in Montreal (some really silly actions), but it basically comes down to the same point of COOPERATION instead of adversity or competition, and there is no use discussing it.

Tigran, you also make strong points. If I were Kocharian, I would screw all the corrupt politicians in the last year of my term, as I would not have anything to gain from them. What a sweet victory it would be if Kocharian had actually came to power with the help of these corrupt people, only to ruin them later on. If that were the man's plans, he would be a hero. I love your analogy to the US republicans. What they do to thank those big corporations is mind-boggling.

Comment

im really afraid about whether kocharian is the man that i tought he was, someone truly interested in the welfare of the country, or not. Im really afraid of what is going to happen in 2008 and whether he is going to try to cling on to power, my heart tells me htat he wont but you never know. yeah that would be sweet indeed if he xxxxed over those dirty bastards. it just confounds me though how these people are able to put aside their nationalism and just swindle mercilessly.

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian im really afraid about whether kocharian is the man that i tought he was, someone truly interested in the welfare of the country, or not. Im really afraid of what is going to happen in 2008 and whether he is going to try to cling on to power, my heart tells me htat he wont but you never know. yeah that would be sweet indeed if he xxxxed over those dirty bastards. it just confounds me though how these people are able to put aside their nationalism and just swindle mercilessly.
                      I am also waiting for 2008. I want to see how Kocharian will act in his last few months, when he no longer has anything to lose. I still want to see him as a good man who is surrounded by way too many idiots, but he will have to prove that right. I can't see a man who played such a big role for Armenia and Artsakh during the war end up being no more than a corrupt official like so many others. If he doesn't do something major, I will have to give up all hope on him.

Comment

Working...
                      X