Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Border opening: online petition campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boarder opening: online petition campagne

Originally posted by Icy View Post
    Ok thank you Anoush. I was wondering when we do get the
    petition, how many signatures do we need? I live in Glendale
    getting Armenians to sign the petition will be fairly easy, I'm just
    wondering how many signatures do we need and who do we give
    the petition to when we are finished with it?
    Icy jan, when it gets here soon I hope; just have it signed by as many people as you possibly can. The more the merrier.

Comment

Alright thank you Anoush jan, I hope Saco will give out
      an agenda for this when he's done with the legal work.

Comment

I'll be in Glendale too :P

Comment

Ohhh boy, damn guys, I'm so sorry. No one said whether I should get the legal issues dealt with so I didn't start. I've already started now and I'm sure it will be dealt with within this week. If not then I'll try my best to make this petition look as good as possible.
          THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Hi guy, I have been gone for almost a week now so I am trying to do some catch up at home. It looks like my work is picking up big time which means a lot of travel to places you would not want to be.

BTW, it appears that we are not the only ones trying to raise awareness to ROA that we the Armenians are conscious in what is going on and we know what is at stake by raising a serious online petition worth its medal.
            As I have said before we should not be jumping to any conclusion but be ready regardless (hell for all we know the Dashnaks and the President are in this together and are playing a very clever political Football to counteract what they cannot stop right now but enough ammo to stop it in the future since there is so much pressure from the superpowers: This is another theory of mine or just wishful thinking?)

Here is one letter of protest that I signed at Keghart.com run by a not politically affiliated Armenian named Dikran Abrahamian. This guy seems awesome.

Scroll down and vote if you like.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Eddo jan,

Your written form for the petition came back already two days ago from Saco; but I gave it to one of our members in here to put it out as a petition on our Forum; and I'm still waiting from him to do it or have it done for us.

However thanks for the Petition Site that you have provided for us above; it's basically the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
                Eddo jan,

Your written form for the petition came back already two days ago from Saco; but I gave it to one of our members in here to put it out as a petition on our Forum; and I'm still waiting from him to do it or have it done for us.

However thanks for the Petition Site that you have provided for us above; it's basically the same thing.
                That is good news Anoush. Is Hyeclub willing to do this? don’t want trouble for them.

I have also been thinking Anoush jan……….for such a petition to be more effective and to carry more weight in its message of “concern” it would be good if it could be endorsed by none politically affiliated Armenian intellectuals (professors, Judges, entertainers? Say 20 to 30 people) and then backed by many thousands (is 10K unrealistic?) of registered votes.

Online voting may require a dedicated site with mass email system, no advertisements with performance and protection. This is why I was asking how can this be done,

Also thinking………nobody said we can’t do this the old fashion way in addition to the Online petition to bring the numbers up, many will sign but do not use computers. Icy is right, getting people to sign will be the easy part.

Saco, what do you think little brother.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                  That is good news Anoush. Is Hyeclub willing to do this? don’t want trouble for them.

I have also been thinking Anoush jan……….for such a petition to be more effective and to carry more weight in its message of “concern” it would be good if it could be endorsed by none politically affiliated Armenian intellectuals (professors, Judges, entertainers? Say 20 to 30 people) and then backed by many thousands (is 10K unrealistic?) of registered votes.

Online voting may require a dedicated site with mass email system, no advertisements with performance and protection. This is why I was asking how can this be done,

Also thinking………nobody said we can’t do this the old fashion way in addition to the Online petition to bring the numbers up, many will sign but do not use computers. Icy is right, getting people to sign will be the easy part.

Saco, what do you think little brother.
                  What I highlighted above your thoughts are very good ones; but I am not at all computer savvy. I am waiting for this Forum's approval if we can put it out here. And what you're saying Eddo jan is great, but you need perhaps someone like Saco or others from here who are good with computers to do it. And we have to go ahead and find intellectuals and professionals to endorse it for us that are non-affiliated with any parties. After that, I don't think we can have any problems collecting a great deal of signatures.

In the meantime I am waiting first to be approved by the Forum and then if this gentleman can have it done for us.
                  Last edited by Anoush; 05-06-2009, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Wait the petition is already out? If it is Anoush can you please
                    send it to me?

Comment

Originally posted by Icy View Post
                      Wait the petition is already out? If it is Anoush can you please
                      send it to me?
                      Dear Icy, I gave it to a reputable person in here to 1) approve it, and 2) to see if he can put it out here for collecting petitions. I am not computer savvy to be able to do it, you see?

We have to wait for it until this gentleman comes back with it and puts it out here to collect signatures. It is similar to the one that Eddo wrote it above. It's just amended and legally formulated.

In the meantime, Eddo gave out another site which is marked below his post above. It is this:

Comment

Working...
                      X