Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Is Russia an ally or foe, nowadays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is Russia an ally or foe, nowadays?

In an interview with the Russian Defense Ministry’s newspaper late last month, Col. Andrey Ruzinsky, commander of the 102nd Military Base at Gyumri in Armenia affirmed Russia’s preparedness and intention to “join the armed conflict” against Azerbaijan if it “decides to restore jurisdiction over Nagorno-Karabakh by force."

Ruzinsky added that his officers had recently toured “areas of combat engagement” and plan to increase joint military exercises with Armenian forces in the coming year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gevz View Post
      In an interview with the Russian Defense Ministry’s newspaper late last month, Col. Andrey Ruzinsky, commander of the 102nd Military Base at Gyumri in Armenia affirmed Russia’s preparedness and intention to “join the armed conflict” against Azerbaijan if it “decides to restore jurisdiction over Nagorno-Karabakh by force."

Ruzinsky added that his officers had recently toured “areas of combat engagement” and plan to increase joint military exercises with Armenian forces in the coming year.
      sounds good!

Comment

Dumbest post ever.

Just for the record during the liberation of Artsakh at the start we didn't/want/could build an army this came into fruition later on. again you are trying to look knowledgeable but failing miserably.

Just in case you are slow at understanding things the number calculated wasn't for building a farking army. no one gave a fk about building an army until later on. defending the country by getting into small 'jokats' this is what won us the war 'united' together with 1 aim/goal. WAS A LARGE PART OF OUR DIASPORA PART OF IT ???????????? NO . COULD A LARGE PART OF IT HAVE BEEN? YES. DID THE DIASPORA FAIL? YES.

DID MONTE AND HIS MEN ALONG WITH OTHER ARMENIANS FIGHT AZERI KILL AZERI AND END UP TAKING THE BOOTS OF THESE SCUMBAG AZERI AND WEARING THESE BOOTS TO KEEP FIGHTING??? YES. IF THE DIASPORA DIDN'T FAIL - WOULD THE MAN BE WEARING A DEAD SOLDIERS BOOTS OR CLOTHES??????????? NO.

you see. you don't know what to answer to these questions.
        They did none of that but hey, the biggest and most organized diasporan political party never fails to mark the disastrous 'Bank Ottoman' incident in 1896 that was exploited to murder 6,000 Armenians, and each year reminds everyone of the 'Lisbon five' , the incident where they sent five poorly trained Armenian men to their deaths in order to show everyone they still counted and not ASALA

Needless to say they will never build a monument to the 'Karabakh 15,000' who sacrificed their lives defending their homeland, although when politically convenient they will immediately speak on their behalf!

You didn't need to go to any cinema or airports to collect diaspora Armenians around the world. Did anyone go and force Monte, Karo or the other 1000 Armenians? No one did no one went looking for them. They came themselves.
        'force' may be the wrong word, but 'organize', yes
        I'm demanding the Diaspora does more.
        I'm demanding Diaspora stop day dreaming about some BS democracy.
        Their belief in democracy consists of calling anyone who (using facts) explains that they have fallen far short of what is expected of them as a 'Turk'
        Last edited by lampron; 06-03-2015, 11:09 PM.

Comment

One thing might help is for the Armenian government to give a seat to Diaspora in the national assembly or parliament.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Gevz makes a lot of excellent points which diasporans have a hard time swallowing. I was in school when the war was on and my dad was busy helping the war effort in numerous ways. He organized the procurement, shipment, allocation of much needed medical equipment to Hayastan. He gathered money from wealthy diasporans and brought it to Kharabagh to buy guns, ammo, tanks...even named one of the tanks after me. He took fire while doing this and brought home shretnell as a souvineer. I helped him when I could and while I was helping him I couldn't help but wonder why nobody else out of this 50k Armenian community was doing anything similar? Yeh there was some help from the diaspora and I was there to witness it and I was also there to witness how few were actually doing anything. The diaspora does have great potential but it never approaches this potential. My hope is that this newer generation of diasporans which seems to be more engaged with our homeland will do more then the previous generation. While Gevz is pretty much spot on about the diaspora I will say that making blanket statements is always a mistake. Yeh most of the diaspora is like a dead appendage but that does not mean that all of it is useless, yeh jjewish groups are generally not our friends but that does not mean all jews are enemies, Yeh most turks are glad the genocide happened but there are some who lement...We need all the help we can get and alienating people by using unnecessary blanket statements hurts our own interests. I think Gevz serves a good purpose here by bringing the diasporans back down to reality regarding their own worth and contributions but racial and generally blanket statements are a disservice to everyone. Indeed do watch that video if you are a diasporan and comprehend that it is a diasporan and our national hero who is telling you himself that the diaspora was not doing anywhere near enough. Instead of getting all defensive we diasporans need to figure out how we can be more useful to Armenia.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I said this in another thread and i'll say it one more time here.

'' Any country or state or race who does not recognize my peoples genocide & keeping my country landlocked is none existent for me '' you can call me racist you can call it discrimination but i call it pride. the people calling me racist or a nutjob have no self respect just because you learnt a few english words while living in ur fkd up democratic country you don't need to use those words towards me.

Comment

Holy sh!t, how hard is it to understand? No personal attacks, no racism. Your post will be deleted and I will start banning. Gevz, herika FFS you just got here.
                Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                  Gevz makes a lot of excellent points which diasporans have a hard time swallowing. I was in school when the war was on and my dad was busy helping the war effort in numerous ways. He organized the procurement, shipment, allocation of much needed medical equipment to Hayastan. He gathered money from wealthy diasporans and brought it to Kharabagh to buy guns, ammo, tanks...even named one of the tanks after me. He took fire while doing this and brought home shretnell as a souvineer. I helped him when I could and while I was helping him I couldn't help but wonder why nobody else out of this 50k Armenian community was doing anything similar? Yeh there was some help from the diaspora and I was there to witness it and I was also there to witness how few were actually doing anything. The diaspora does have great potential but it never approaches this potential. My hope is that this newer generation of diasporans which seems to be more engaged with our homeland will do more then the previous generation. While Gevz is pretty much spot on about the diaspora I will say that making blanket statements is always a mistake. Yeh most of the diaspora is like a dead appendage but that does not mean that all of it is useless, yeh jjewish groups are generally not our friends but that does not mean all jews are enemies, Yeh most turks are glad the genocide happened but there are some who lement...We need all the help we can get and alienating people by using unnecessary blanket statements hurts our own interests. I think Gevz serves a good purpose here by bringing the diasporans back down to reality regarding their own worth and contributions but racial and generally blanket statements are a disservice to everyone. Indeed do watch that video if you are a diasporan and comprehend that it is a diasporan and our national hero who is telling you himself that the diaspora was not doing anywhere near enough. Instead of getting all defensive we diasporans need to figure out how we can be more useful to Armenia.
                  Haykakan jan.

I showed a video of what our 'national' hero was saying and people are so delusional they start personal insults they are in denial instead of saying ' yeah most of the diaspora was busy drinking coffee rather than helping' this is how much they are in denial.

Monte summed it up short and sweet it's such a shame our race lost people like him - to keep big mouth lost cases like 'londontsi' i wonder why god does these things but it is what it is we got to live with it.

Comment

Here is a jjewish writer. Notice she pretty much labels us as part of "axis of evil". This does not make all jjews Armenian haters but it does reflect a majority opinion held by that group of people. Notice Russia is on that list to. Of course she never mentioned the hypocrisy of decades worth of jjewish lobbying against the recognition of the Armenian genocide.
                    AN 'ARE YOU KIDDING ME' FOREIGN POLICY

Washington Times
                    June 3 2015

U.S. actions toward allies evoke disbelief

By Norma Zager - - Wednesday, June 3, 2015

These past years, United States foreign policy has become a long
                    procession of "are you kidding me?" moments for our allies. An enigma
                    to even the most sophisticated, U.S. foreign policy has morphed
                    into an all-you-can-eat diplomatic buffet, complete with an Obama
                    administration graze-and-go approach.

During World War II, the U.S. settled into the role of a big brother
                    to the world. Direct from central casting, Americans were the cowboys
                    wearing white hats and boasting gleaming six guns with white pearl
                    handles, ready to hop on a white horse at a moment's notice to save
                    the day. It remains a proud moment in our history.

However, today, the U.S. administration meanders about a foreign
                    relations smorgasbord of its own making, often changing teams and
                    switching alliances, rather inexplicably, to cozy up to nations and
                    leaders -- many incredibly suspect in their actions and ideologies --
                    while ignoring pleas from friends and allies.

One would be hard pressed to find anyone unaware of the complete
                    distain President Obama shows for the state of Israel and Prime
                    Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Once, support for Israel came as natural
                    to American policy as sun in California, yet no longer is it the case.

The U.S. administration has puzzlingly ignored Israel's outspoken
                    warnings about the consequences inherent in a dangerous deal with
                    Iran. In addition, despite U.S. insistence to the contrary, talks
                    with the Palestinian Authority have spotlighted the impossibility of
                    any peace process with an entity that refuses to acknowledge Israel's
                    basic right to exist. More recently, America's blatant interference
                    in the Israeli elections in a bid to eliminate Mr. Netanyahu betrays
                    a total disregard for Israel's sovereignty.

Another reliable and staunch ally of the United States, Azerbaijan,
                    is in an equally unenviable position. Azerbaijan receives a deaf ear
                    to pleas that the United States intercede to force its neighbor,
                    Armenia, to adhere to multiple United Nations Security Council
                    resolutions calling for the return of Azeri lands and the cessation
                    of its illegal occupation and ongoing aggression.

As it stands, Armenia occupies roughly 20 percent of Azerbaijan's
                    sovereign territory, including Nagorno-Karabakh. Armenia occupied
                    these lands in what was termed an unjust war, with the help of U.S.

enemies Russia and Iran. They have refused to relinquish Azerbaijan's
                    territory despite repeated calls from the international community
                    and four U.N. Security Council resolutions.

Today, the United States calls for Russia to respect the territorial
                    integrity of Georgia and Ukraine, but conveniently omits even a nod
                    to Azerbaijan. There is not even condemnation of repeated acts of
                    aggression by Armenia.

In fact, these past years, Azerbaijan has been repeatedly attacked
                    for how its young and emerging democracy functions. And omnipresent
                    on the U.S. radar screen are perceived human rights abuses such as
                    closing mosques when there are unsavory clerics calling for Shariah
                    law and the overthrow of the rightful and elected government.

There seems to be painfully sparse recognition of Azerbaijan's
                    momentous gains in the building of a civil society, a foundation for
                    a sustainable and long-lasting government dedicated to the betterment
                    of the nation's people, not to mention the support it gives to the
                    United States. Think of the cost to Azerbaijan of continually fend
                    off Iranian and Russian efforts at aggression and power plays due to
                    its support for America.

There are more "are you kidding me?" moments:

* Following the U.S.-supported ouster of longtime Egyptian ally
                    President Hosni Mubarak, the father of terrorist doctrine Muslim
                    Brotherhood, rose to power. The United States embraced and funded the
                    new government but stopped with the election of the terror-fighting,
                    Israel-friendly and reformist President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi.

* The United States ousted Libya's Moammar Gadhafi and paved the way
                    for al Qaeda.

* The United States pushed the reset button with Russia and now
                    Vladimir Putin is pushing his way through Eastern Europe.

* Japan, an ally facing aggression from China and with whom we have
                    a treaty that guarantees our support, is unsure of a U.S. commitment.

Unfortunately, the "are you kidding me?" list grows as the United
                    States gorges itself on its foreign policy table of wonders. The
                    leaders of the Arab world recently opted against Mr. Obama's invitation
                    to a "summit." What's the point, right? Iran is Mr. Obama's date
                    these days.

Although this distain has been an impetus for Israel and other
                    nations to forge new alliances with one another, which may be a
                    positive outcome, it still speaks to a sense of disloyalty difficult
                    to reconcile. In the wake of new U.S. behavior, Israel now looks to
                    others for close relationships. Once close U.S. allies, now betrayed
                    by the administration, flock together -- Israel, Azerbaijan, Saudi
                    Arabia, Egypt -- the list goes on.

The United States must impose a foreign policy diet on itself, or
                    the world must wait for one more measured and less gluttonous.

* Norma Zager is a professor at California State University.

Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                      Holy sh!t, how hard is it to understand? No personal attacks, no racism. Your post will be deleted and I will start banning. Gevz, herika FFS you just got here.
                      funny how i get warned when i'm not the one throwing personal insults first. anyway i'll leave

Comment

Working...
                      X