Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Is Russia an ally or foe, nowadays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is Russia an ally or foe, nowadays?

Originally posted by gegev View Post
    In my argumentation the Christian Club name wasn't used as an argument, but rather as another name for EU.
    I have put down my arguments properly;
    they will help us;
    because they need Armenia in current geopolitical situation.
    Did you read that?
    Yes I read it, in fact a number of times trying to find the logic.
    I am even more convinced that my response was the correct one.

It is a FANTASY of a desperate man ( nation), similar to what you see in old films !!

EU is NOT a military organization. It is everything BUT military.
    EU countries depend and rely on NATO for their defence.
    However NATO it is different institution dominated by the US.

And besides do you claim that there are no Christians in EU?
    There are Christians in the EU as there are Muslims, Hindus, Atheists, Gays, Lesbians, Dog lovers, Drug addicts etc.etc.
    I would say Gays and lesbians have more impact on society than religions because they are more dynamic in presentation of their mission.

Don't remember about the past that frequently .... the future is more important.
    The future without fully understanding the past is fantasy and wishful thinking.

As refers to Turkey they may mark Turkish ear now, but when the time for actual joining approval comes, they will refuse them in it, for sure, I bet.
    At least they are not confused between defence and economy.
    Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
    Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
    Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Defence + Economy = ?

can you guess....
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
        Defence + Economy = ?

can you guess....
        Strong defence + strong economy = strong country.

BUT

If you go a restaurant you cannot take your drinks to the restaurant.

Are you suggesting we join NATO as well.

Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
        Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

No, I was looking for strategy

I think the idea of NATO has been explored (pushed by US) but Armenia has other commitments
          interesting a NATO member cannot attack another NATO member...say like Turkey and Armenia if ever was.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
            Yes I read it, in fact a number of times trying to find the logic.
            I am even more convinced that my response was the correct one.

It is a FANTASY of a desperate man ( nation), similar to what you see in old films !!

EU is NOT a military organization. It is everything BUT military.
            EU countries depend and rely on NATO for their defence.
            However NATO it is different institution dominated by the US.

There are Christians in the EU as there are Muslims, Hindus, Atheists, Gays, Lesbians, Dog lovers, Drug addicts etc.etc.
            I would say Gays and lesbians have more impact on society than religions because they are more dynamic in presentation of their mission.

The future without fully understanding the past is fantasy and wishful thinking.

At least they are not confused between defence and economy.
            I can’t find the logic of claiming that EU can’t offer security guarantees;
            Note please that France and UK are nuclear states with powerful air force etc.
            EU countries military was actively involved in airstrikes of Iran, Yugoslavia and now planning to do the same with Syria.
            Major EU countries have decisive role in NATO actions/behavior, operations and planning.

For instance France alone, as a country, can give security guarantees against Azeri and Turkey, if interested.
            After reading your post one may cry, because of the hopeless situation Armenia is in, as you describe/present.
            Last edited by gegev; 09-05-2013, 12:42 AM.

Comment

I can’t find the logic of claiming that EU can’t offer security guarantees;
              Note please that France and UK are nuclear states with powerful air force etc.
              EU countries military was actively involved in airstrikes of Iran, Yugoslavia and now planning to do the same with Syria.
              Major EU countries have decisive role in NATO actions/behavior, operations and planning.

For instance France alone, as a country, can give security guarantees against Azeri and Turkey, if interested.
              I think we live on different planets, I would even say different universes.

After reading your post one may cry, because of the hopeless situation Armenia is in, as you describe/present.
              I did not describe the situation of Armenia as hopeless at all.
              It has excellent security arrangement under the circumstances.

The only problem I see is that you do not like the Russians.
              All I can say in this regard is "Get used to it" because they will be providing our security guarantee for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
                The only problem I see is that you do not like the Russians.
                All I can say in this regard is "Get used to it" because they will be providing our security guarantee for a while.
                I don't believe in the Russian security guarantee you are talking about, that's our main difference, but instead I like the "for a while" expression you put down. All recent developments, if you analyze properly, confirm that Russia is just profitably using the security guarantee as a bargaining leverage at doing business with Azeri and Turkey, that's it. And from nowadays Russia you can expect all kinds of "business transactions".

Londontsi I'm Yerevantsi; we are different people with different vision and ideas and that's OK.
                Last edited by gegev; 09-05-2013, 01:01 PM.

Comment

I guess i am not the only one who thinks Gegev lives in fantasy land. I guess the facts that Turkey has not attacked Armenia in 90 years is not enough proof for this man who says "I don't believe in the guarantee you are talking about" . Instead he says lets throw our fate in the hand of the chrystian EU who will save us since we are all chrystians..despite the fact that this strategy has never ever worked and is far less likely to work now then it ever was before. This statement "For instance France alone, as a country, can give security guarantees against Azeri and Turkey, if interested." proves that this man is hopelessly delusional. We cannot base our future on delusions and religious fantasy. Everything the West has done in its interventions proves that it cares not for the people of those countries yet still people suggest we put our fate in their hands. The hypocrisy of the west is overwhelming which renders its reputation and reliability null and void.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    I guess i am not the only one who thinks Gegev lives in fantasy land. I guess the facts that Turkey has not attacked Armenia in 90 years is not enough proof for this man who says "I don't believe in the guarantee you are talking about" . Instead he says lets throw our fate in the hand of the chrystian EU who will save us since we are all chrystians..despite the fact that this strategy has never ever worked and is far less likely to work now then it ever was before. This statement "For instance France alone, as a country, can give security guarantees against Azeri and Turkey, if interested." proves that this man is hopelessly delusional. We cannot base our future on delusions and religious fantasy. Everything the West has done in its interventions proves that it cares not for the people of those countries yet still people suggest we put our fate in their hands. The hypocrisy of the west is overwhelming which renders its reputation and reliability null and void.
                    Someone seems to know next to nothing about the history of Russia and the Soviet Union, especially its relations (mostly composed of betrayals and invasions and campaigns of extermination) with both its neighbours and its internal components and ethnicities.
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Londontsi I'm Yerevantsi;
                      I know that.
                      I have the advantage to understand the British, French and Europeans better than you can from Yerevan.
                      I have in mind their mentality and foreign policy.

As an example did you know that the BBC ( the famous one) has a policy of not mentioning the Armenian genocide not to offend Turkey.

Were you at the opening of the first Armenian Embassy in the world, in London ?
                      The speech of the Foreign Ministry representative about Karabagh would have made you sick.

Did you know that in 1998 President Jacques Chirac cancelled his trip to Armenia when President Kocharyan threatened to annex Karabagh.
                      Chirac visited Armenia in 2006

I could list many other "incidents" which if you read between the line you will understand what I mean.

we are different people with different vision and ideas and that's OK.
                      I always saw you ( and see you ) as a fellow Armenian, having different views at times.

Last edited by londontsi; 09-05-2013, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X