Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
    You didn't understand my point which was that small a difference only matters if it falls right on a cutoff in which case, even a 1 pt difference would become "important".
    So what is the cutoff for determining whether two groups of people are of equal intelligence..????

And again I say SO WHAT?
    BIG WORDS, huh? Way to make a point.

This is so pointless and childish.
    Wow, another insult..??

Yes, there's consensus. You should look at the scientific literature when you want information and not at the more biased media.
    Ok, so climate-gate was the result of biased media???

Qualified to die at war? Ability to die a qualification? Both men and women are free to enlist!
    You just keep talking about draft. If that's the only condition under which your theory holds then say so.
    Did I say qualified to die at war, or have the responsibility to protect one's country??? I have mentioned the draft many times, btw

Let's try this a different way...
    If the draft only applies to men and women get the "privilege" of being exempt from mandatory military service, what right are you proposing we have to give up to enjoy that privilege? The right to equality in any sense? So, if women don't get drafted we have to be discriminated against in any and all regards because as you said "equality is all or nothing?"
    What sort of sense does that make? By the way you keep pointing to draft, draft, draft, go die at war, etc. You're arguing that because women are not subject to the draft, then men have cart blanche to deny a woman every right, down to self-determination, because her government won't draft her?
    Yep, so if you want equal rights, start be lobbying your government to draft women into the army as well, and in equal numbers.

No not simple enough. This illustrates further that you're just making stuff up.
    Great, I'm making stuff up now.... (Insult yet again)

To be free we can't have anyone care about us? The way you state in your first example, the responsibility and privilege are opposites.
    There is a difference between care for you and care about you.
    And yes, a responsibility and privilege are opposites.

Your child example doesn't work. Parents have a legal and moral duty to care for their children. It is not a privilege of the child to be cared for. Yet you claim, it's me who doesn't understand what these words mean.
    Parents don't have a legal duty to take care of their children, they can hand them off to adoption centers or orphanages whenever they want.

Parents have the responsibility of caring for their children, but children have the privilege of being taken care of by their parents.

So, the disabled and those who don't serve in the military have no right to vote? And in order to vote we give up the privilege of having someone else do what for us? Vote for us or protect the country for us? Neither follows logically (and I mean formal logic), such that that is the necessary conclusion.
    Men as a group have the responsibility of protecting the country, and women as a group do not (except in Israel). Those who didn't serve at one time, may be asked to serve later, because they have the responsibility. The disabled are an exception, and unless the majority of the population are disabled, it makes no sense to bring them into the argument.

Everything is about war and defense for you...
    Look back, our entire Armenian history is about war and defense.

Again, so how is it that corporations and people who don't serve can own land then? By your logic this is impossible, yet they do... So, your premises are wrong.
    I believe KanadaHye answered that.

You said something ludicrous about needing laws to enforce that and the rights of the family and I pointed out that that doesn't make sense because, among other things, it's not feasible.
    Did I say that, gosh, I certainly don't remember writing anything like that.

Your own rigidness of mind is confusing you.
    Back to insults again...??

It's not a contradiction. You just keep trying to nail me down as having said something I didn't say. Keep trying.
    I assure you, I'm not trying to nail you down.

So, women who are the providers are "acting like men"? And men who don't get drafted off to war are not men? Have I got that right?
    Being drafted is a responsibility, as is being a provider. These are responsibilities that have traditionally been handed to men. Women that take on those responsibilities are acting like men. Men who evade those responsibilities are not acting like men.

Please also note, that not getting drafted is entirely different from evading the draft when you know your country needs you.

Knock it off!
    Another threat..??

I said how much. I said the amount is determined by what level of error is acceptable to us. We decide. If you don't care about being wrong a lot then you'd need very little information.
    Then, when you give more than "very little information" expect a judgment based on more than "very little information"

Do you not realize that hostile and belligerent are not the same thing? Neither are arrogant and condescending. I chose the words I meant. And you may find it offensive that I said the tone of your post was belligerent and condescending, but that doesn't make it a personal insult. If I wanted to hide, I wouldn't have said anything at all.
    bel⋅lig⋅er⋅ent
    2. of warlike character; aggressively hostile; bellicose: a belligerent tone.

con⋅de⋅scend⋅ing
    showing or implying a usually patronizing descent from dignity or superiority. (Sounds like arrogant to me)

Does it seem like I'm intimidated by you in the least?
    Strong woman eh..?

Don't carry on about anything else.[/b]
    Wow, more threats..??

So to recount, 2 insults, 2 threats, and one instance of declaring herself as not intimidated. Feminist watch alert has reached red.

Comment

• Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
      I explained myself how many times, and most historians don't call us that, ignorant people watching Indiana damn Jones do, I suggest consultign a Codex or not to waste my time.
      Did I say historians, or Anthropologists..? Damn, now you're mixing and matching these two???

Labour = work done in production to benefit society or trade.

My point is women were often in all societies allowed to work and even participate in the military this changed with Capitalism, have you heard of the putter out system or not?
      Wow, somehow I don't remember ever saying that women should not be allowed to work, or weren't allowed to work before. But its a great method of argument, make it seem as if I say something, then argue with that.

You wanted to point out that societies laws that are sexist are neccessary for empires to exist and evolve, I proved to you laws can exist contradictory to that and the empire will succeed, hence I call bullxxxx.
      Wow, again..? When did I explicitly or implicitly say that sexist laws are necessary for empires to exist and evolve.?? I don't recall ever saying that. So how did you prove me wrong when I didn't say anything like that...?

Ultimately I feel like facepalming because clearly you don't read my posts properly.
      Clearly........ (you done read my posts as well)....?

Comment

bel⋅lig⋅er⋅ent
        2. of warlike character; aggressively hostile; bellicose: a belligerent tone.

con⋅de⋅scend⋅ing
        showing or implying a usually patronizing descent from dignity or superiority. (Sounds like arrogant to me)
        You just can't help yourself huh? Just because the word hostile is part of the definition of belligerent doesn't make them the same. At best they are semantically related, but aren't even synonyms. And not everyone who is arrogant is condescending, thus those are not interchangeable either. See that little bit about patronizing? That's important too; They don't just toss extra words into definitions in an effort to be verbose.

Wow, more threats..??
        It's clear that if I don't tell you to stop, you'll carry on indefinitely. I am not threatening you. I asked you nicely and now I'm telling you to quit it with the frivolous arguments and stick to the topic of the thread because we have departed from the topic entirely at this point. We need some semblance of order here... I'm asking as a moderator. Do not reply to this to tell me you're not afraid of me, that I'm threatening you, or with some other defiant comment. Just stop arguing for the sake of arguing. This is at least the third time I'm asking; I won't ask you again. And no, I'm not kidding.

And the same applies to the ongoing argument with Pedro. Distill it down to the relevant, ON TOPIC, points and carry on from there. Pedro, do the same please?
        [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
        -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

You just can't help yourself huh? Just because the word hostile is part of the definition of belligerent doesn't make them the same. And not everyone who is arrogant is condescending. See that little bit about patronizing? That's important too. They don't just toss extra words into definitions in an effort to be verbose.
          Well, you forgot to mention which definition you wanted me to use when reading your comment.

It's clear that if I don't tell you to stop, you'll carry on indefinitely. I am not threatening you.
          Ok, you're not threatening me, I'm relieved.

I asked you nicely and now I'm telling you to quit it with the frivolous arguments and stick to the topic of the thread because we have departed from the topic entirely at this point. We need some semblance of order here... I'm telling you as a moderator.
          Ok, you're telling me what to do.

Do not reply to this to tell me you're not afraid of me, that I'm threatening you, or with some other defiant comment.
          defiant comment...

This is at least the third time I'm asking; I won't ask you again. And no, I'm not kidding.
          Your entire post is an argument for the sake of arguing. Follow your own advice.

And the same applies to the ongoing argument with Pedro. Distill it down to the relevant, ON TOPIC, points and carry on from there. Pedro, do the same please?
          I've been on point with Pedro, he's the one that started deviating from the topic of discussion and dragged me along with it.

Comment

Oh man, another person banned for speaking their mind and the truth. Whats this world coming to.... must hide from the communists.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Levon, I'm talking about normal women not the selfish, materialistic, self-centred sl*ts.

Originally posted by levon View Post
              That's understandable; however, you failed to mention whether he can quit his work for "the well being of your loved ones" and you continue working.

Of course, I'd work with pleasure to help him in that particular situation. After all, isn't it the point of a healthy relationship? And you don't marry the person for his money or his good job, that's like prostitution, if you ask me...

That's an unfair assumption.
              It's one thing to work for fun, but the second one has to support more than himself the concept of failure becomes unthinkable and work becomes an obligation (or in other words, the father becomes a wage-slave for the family).
              He brings her into his life knowing all the consequences and does that for her not out of obligation but out of love, nothing more beautiful than that.

On a side note, by saying that "normal men love working" are you implying that the normal women don't love working? Does "Having a job, earning money give women fulfillment, strength and accomplishment?"

If both "men and women find having a job, earning money as sources of fulfillment, strength and accomplishment", then why only women would want to quit their job, and not men?
              No. Obviously compared to men, more women for various reasons prefer stay at home and not work.

As I said, since rights come with responsibilities. Rights cannot be naturally equal when one group can pick and choose which rights and responsibilities she wants and at what time.
              Okay but responsibilities have a degree of importance and come in different 'forms'… when one of the responsibilities is not being handled properly, you sacrifice the less important one to handle the other properly.

If he has to right to tell you to quit your work, then you essentially neither have the right to work nor the right to quit work, in return for the privilege of being supported by him no matter what. If you give your husband those rights then you are indeed far from being a "modern woman"

If I've been able to get the job then I have the right to work. I don't want to go further with this, maybe you should define what you mean by 'right'.

In that case you should have phrased your comment in a way so as not to imply a general statement about women. This would have been much better
              Okay, I just thought women would be more attracted to those men that the one who can't even make himself an omlette.
              Last edited by Lucin; 02-09-2010, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Well, you forgot to mention which definition you wanted me to use when reading your comment.

Ok, you're not threatening me, I'm relieved.

Ok, you're telling me what to do.

defiant comment...

Your entire post is an argument for the sake of arguing. Follow your own advice.

I've been on point with Pedro, he's the one that started deviating from the topic of discussion and dragged me along with it.
                Sorry for going off topic Siggie but I continually state my point and one post of his contradicts the previous one, so I really just started to repeat myself again and again and provided credible references but somehow he just seems to ignore it.

Anyway whatever, sorry for going off topic, I just hope he can also admit to being off topic instead of lumping it all on me, he started going on disagreeing with me and reading posts I'm sorry as I am equally at fault for keeping on with the posts, but real man over here seems to be content with laying all the blame on me...which I thought being a real man was accepting responsibility.

Anyway, my 2 cents for the day, back to my drink.

Comment

A real man doesnt need references and he doesnt need the internet since he can only tell you something to your face, and he doesnt need .... we obviously have a bunch of Archy Bunkers on our hands here and the sad truth is we used to laughf at guys like him back in the 70s.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    A real man doesnt need references and he doesnt need the internet since he can only tell you something to your face, and he doesnt need .....
                    Right….we don’t need instructions either, specially from you.

You attacking a guy who you know has been banned and can’t defend himself. That is pathetic.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

There's nothing wrong with asking for references when you do it for the right reasons.

Guys knock it off please. No more posts unless it is about the topic of the thread.
                      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                      X