Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Originally posted by haysip View Post
    I heard women in israel do that^
    Originally posted by levon View Post
    I heard Israel gets billions of $'s worth of military equipment from US every year.
    Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    I heard Israelis lie a lot
    Originally posted by haysip View Post
    both of them are true ^
    All 3 are true.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

• Re: Armenian women: should play a bigger role in our economy, politics and military.

Originally posted by levon View Post
      Great idea. Arm and train the women of villages so they can protect themselves, never-mind the fact that the men of the village would be better fitted to protect. And great idea number 2, arm every village in artsakh with large supplie of ak-47 and ammunition. You're a genius.
      Think before you write something. There were no men left, because they were killed, or were somewhere else at that moment, where, ever, did I say women must replace men? Is this your tactic to argument why you are against the military training of women. Discussing on something which you yourself created?

Example;

I: "I am of the opinion that we need more tanks".
      You: "That's a stupid idea, you want to get rid of our airplanes? Even though you didn't mention even one word about airplanes, I AM AGAINST GETTING RID OF OUR AIRPLANES! What a stupid idea, I don't understand why you want more tanks. So the airplanes can sit down and watch how the tanks fly"

Anyway, I do not want to force women into the army, but make it free, non-compulsory service, promote it and do this in a professional way. I am of the opinion this would serve our country and society and would bring the people closer together. Not every women wants to be married to a dictator like you, staying home all day raising your children, some feel they can do more for their country. Who are you to deprive them the right. Or are you afraid that your wife would prefer to be in the army more than being with you?
      Last edited by Tigranakert; 03-18-2011, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
        Think before you write something. There were no men left, because they were killed, or were somewhere else at that moment, where, ever, did I say women must replace men?
        If all the men were killed then what chance would women have of protecting themselves without any military training except for being able to shoot an ak when the advancing enemy army will be bombarding them with heavy artillery? There are practical things that money should be spent on then there are idiotic ideas that people should stay away from. Arming of women in villages is one of those idiotic ideas.

Is this your tactic to argument why you are against the military training of women. Discussing on something which you yourself created? [/

Example;

You: "That's a stupid idea, you want to get rid of our airplanes? Even though you didn't say that, I AM AGAINST GETTING RID OF OUR AIRPLANES! What a stupid idea, I don't understand why you want more tanks. So the airplanes can sit down and watch how the tanks fly"
        Nice strawman argument, but women aren't tanks (they have boobs and vag!nas), and men aren't airplanes. Tanks can be as useful as airplanes, whereas, women cannot be as useful as men.

Anyway, I do not want to force women into the army, but make it free, non-compulsory service, promote it and do this in a professional way.
        Sorry, all or nothing. Spending money on attempting to recruit women into the army will be a wast of time and money. Unless women are drafted there will never be enough women in the army to amount to anything. Try to take away the draft in Armenia and see how many people will join the army of free will in piece time.

I am of the opinion this would serve our country and society and would bring the people closer together.
        And I am of the opinion that it would be a gigantic wast of resources that will accomplish nothing but please outside idiots who judge a country based on how many women are in specific positions.

Not every women wants to be married to a dictator like you, staying home all day raising your children, some feel they can do more for their country.
        Some, maybe (1%), but most would be the happiest being married to a wealthy man and not doing anything useful. If you think most women have the same ambitions as men then you are sadly mistaken.

A woman's main ambition is to snatch a wealthy/well-off man if at all possible, and if not, at least someone who will cater to most of her whims. Women always have the option to marry up and have hubby support her, men don't have that option. Just look at the content of most women's magazines, if looked at objectively, they would be considered journals for overgrown pampered spoiled brats, but political correctness forces us to call them women.
        Last edited by levon; 03-18-2011, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
          Giving such liberation to women will do a lot of harm to the structure of Armenian family and thus Armenian society. Diasporan girls, most of the them at least, have been empowered with the concept of radical feminism preached by western culture which in turn has led them to assimlate, humiliate armenian reputation, and more worse things..
          I disagree with the first part and I agree with the second part: Armenia only has 3 million people, so you need women to be more involved in the political well-being of your country. They can do a great job. (Even women in Iran help in the military.) On the second point: There is nothing wrong with women getting equal respect in the work force etc. - but I do agree with you that "radical feminism" (emphasis on the word radical) is very dangerous: it tends to be anti-family, pro-political-instability, and is often used by foreign governments to try to destabilize and undermine other nations. It's a very delicate balance: Governments need to be fair to women but also inform them of the serious risks of military psy-ops.

Comment

Think before you write something. There were no men left, because they were killed, or were somewhere else at that moment, where, ever, did I say women must replace men? Is this your tactic to argument why you are against the military training of women. Discussing on something which you yourself created?

Example;

You: "That's a stupid idea, you want to get rid of our airplanes? Even though you didn't mention even one word about airplanes, I AM AGAINST GETTING RID OF OUR AIRPLANES! What a stupid idea, I don't understand why you want more tanks. So the airplanes can sit down and watch how the tanks fly"

Anyway, I do not want to force women into the army, but make it free, non-compulsory service, promote it and do this in a professional way. I am of the opinion this would serve our country and society and would bring the people closer together. Not every women wants to be married to a dictator like you, staying home all day raising your children, some feel they can do more for their country. Who are you to deprive them the right. Or are you afraid that your wife would prefer to be in the army more than being with you?
            The one good man speaks... lol
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
              Liberated women threaten in assimilation and because of that attract people like the Persian hooligans to fill up Yerevan.
              @ MOS: Jesus Christ: The thread is about Armenian women helping the Armenian military, and now you're back to writing about "Persian hooligans"? Where are these Persian Hooligans? Under your bed? Persians put $3.5 million dollars PER DAY into Armenia's economy -- many, like Parskahyes, have family in Yerevan. For centuries we have worked side-by-side -- stop trying to cause harm to Armenia-&-Iran. If you spent 10% of your time on pro-Armenian causes, you would have 150 posts on here to show for it. Use your energy to help your people.
              Last edited by Persopolis; 03-18-2011, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
                Jesus Christ: The thread is about Armenian women helping the Armenian military, and now you're back to writing about "Persian hooligans"? Where are these Persian Hooligans? Under your bed? Persians put $3.5 million dollars PER DAY into Armenia's economy -- many, like Parskahyes, have family in Yerevan.
                I'm going to get fired for laughing hysterically in the office

Comment

@ Persepolis, stop quoting my more than year old posts.

Yes there are Persian Hooligans, like there are hooligans in every other country. There are respectful Persian tourists that visit Armenia, but there are also a minority that are not respectful and take advantage of the freer environment of Armenia. Such hooligans need to be kept out of the country, and in my opinion for this border security needs to be increased.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---
                  "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                    The one good man speaks... lol

Comment

Women should be chained to the kitchen. That should be law.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---
                      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Working...
                      X