Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenia moving toward EU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenia moving toward EU

This is all what we should be aiming for. Sargsyan is doing the right thing in deepening ties with EU because that's where our future lies. They are now our best economic partners.

Armenia Belongs In Europe, Says Sarkisian
    Emil Danielyan
    President Serzh Sarkisian asserted Armenia’s European vocation on Wednesday at a meeting with the visiting head of an alliance of Europe’s leading conservative parties.

Sarkisian and Wilfried Martens, a former Belgian prime minister leading the European People's Party (EPP), met in Yerevan to discuss the country’s growing links with the European Union.

“We consider ourselves to be Europeans,” Sarkisian was quoted by his press office as telling Martens. “We are seeking to live by the rules of that [European] family, the value system espoused by it, and in this regard, our orientation is very obvious.”

According to a statement by the presidential office, Martens agreed that Armenia is “a European country,” pointing to its membership in the Council of Europe and inclusion in the EU’s Eastern Partnership program. Sarkisian assured him that his administration regards the scheme as a “window of opportunity” to bring Armenia closer to Europe and implement “large-scale reforms in various areas” in the process.

The Armenian leader’s stated commitment to “European values” is bound to be challenged by his domestic political opponents. They have long accused him of rigging elections and illegally enriching himself. They will also cite the deadly suppression of opposition protests and mass arrests of opposition members that followed Sarkisian’s hotly disputed victory in the February 2008 presidential election.

Unlike the Council of Europe, the EU has avoided explicitly criticizing the crackdown on the Armenian opposition, however. EU diplomats said in 2008 that it has had little impact on Yerevan’s relationship with the 27-nation bloc.

The EPP currently comprises over 50 center-right parties from virtually all EU member states. Their leaders serve as heads of state or government in more than a dozen of those countries, including France, Germany and Italy.

The EPP also boasts the largest faction in the European Parliament. In addition, it has two dozen associate or observer members from other countries, including Turkey, seeking to join the EU.

In Martens’s words, Sarkisian’s Republican Party of Armenia (HHK) and the two other parties represented in the Armenian government have applied for membership in the EPP. Sarkisian’s office quoted him as saying that an EPP mission will soon visit Yerevan to “examine their membership bids and launch an accession procedure.”
    Another article regarding deepening ties with EU
    Եվրամիության հետ ասոցացման պայմանագիրը ենթադրում է Հայաստանի հետ քաղաքական եւ տնտեսական կապերի խորացում
    Տիգրան Ավետիսյան

Եվրամիության հետ ասոցացման պայմանագիրը, որի ստորագրման հնարավորության մասին երեքշաբթի օրը Երեւանում խոսեց Իսպանիայի արտգործնախարար Միգել Անխել Մորատինոսը, Հայաստանի արտգործնախարարության մամուլի խոսնակի պաշտոնակատար Տիգրան Բալայանի պարզաբանմամբ, ենթադրում է Հայաստան-Եվրամիություն քաղաքական երկխոսության խորացում, տնտեսական առավել խորը համագործակցություն։
    Եվրամիությունում ներկայումս նախագահող երկրի` Իսպանիայի արտգործնախարարը, Հայաստան կատարած այցի ժամանակ, մասնավորապես, հայտարարել էր, որ Իսպանիան հույս ունի արագացնել Հայաստանի հետ ասոցացման պայմանագրի ստորագրման շուրջ բանակցությունների մեկնարկը եւ արդեն մարտ ամսվա ընթացքում այդ կապակցությամբ որոշակի տեղաշարժ հնարավոր է։

«Ազատություն» ռադիոկայանի հետ զրույցում, պատասխանելով այն հարցին, թե ե՞րբ կարելի է ակնկալել այդ պայմանագրի ստորագրումը, Տիգրան Բալայանը, մասնավորապես, ասաց. - «Դա լինելու է մի համաձայնագիր, որտեղ պետք է արտահայտված լինեն բոլոր կողմերի շահերը՝ ե՛ւ Հայաստանի, ե՛ւ Եվրոպական Միության անդամ երկրների շահերը, եւ Եվրամիության ՝ որպես ընդհանուր միավորի։ Թե ինչքան կտեւեն բանակցությունները, ե՞րբ կավարտվեն, կախված է նախագծից եւ բանակցվող փաստաթղթից»։

Իսպանիայի արտգործնախարարն անդրադարձել էր նաեւ Եվրամիության անդամ երկրների հետ առավել ազատականացված վիզային ռեժիմի սահմանման հեռանկարին։ Տիգրան Բալայանն այս կապակցությամբ ճշգրտեց, որ Հայաստանի հետ վիզային ռեժիմի դյուրացումը Եվրամիության ասոցացման պայմանագրի բաղկացուցիչը չէ։ Դրանք առաձին, սակայն զուգահեռ գործընթացներ են, որոնք զարգանում են Եվրամիության հետ մեկ ընդհանուր՝ Արեւելյան գործընկերության ծրագրի համատեքստում։

2010 թվականի հունվարի 1-ից վեց ամսով Եվրամիության նախագահությունը ստանձնած Իսպանիան տարբեր առիթներով հայտարարել է, որ ի թիվս այլ հարցերի, ուշադրության կենտրոնում են պահելու նաեւ անցած տարի մեկնարկած Արեւելյան գործընկերության ծրագիրը, որով Եվրամիությունը նպատակ ունի սերտացնել հարաբերությունները նախկին խորհրդային 6 երկրների, այդ թվում՝ Հայաստանի, Ադրբեջանի եւ Վրաստանի հետ։

Այս ծրագրով Եվրամիությունը շոշափելի առավելություններ է խոստանում հետխորհրդային երկրներին. ազատ առեւտրային ռեժիմ, ֆինանսական լուրջ օժանդակություն, այդ երկրների քաղաքացիների համար Եվրամիություն մուտքի վիզաների տրամադրման հեշտացում: Փոխարենը` Եվրամիությունը ակնկալում է բարեփոխումներ մարդու իրավունքների, օրենքի գերակայության եւ ժողովրդավարության ոլորտներում։
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Re: Armenia moving toward EU

Sure, just don't follow Greece into an economic sewer
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Our future lies with Europe. The ones who have attacked and destroyed Serbia, the ones who are supporting muslim Albanians and have created a new terror-Islamic state called Kosovo. The ones who only think of oil and support terror-nations in the Middle-East and Turkey, the ones who have helped Turkey to commit genocide on us Armenians in the past and in the PRESENT.

Stupid, on one topic you say we must rely on our selves, on the other you say ''our future lies with Europe''. No, our future lies with Armenia, with an own Armenian system and not a corrupt anti-Christ European fake democratic system.

Your statements are getting weirder each day. Are you on drugs?

Again, I do not believe you are Armenian.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
        Our future lies with Europe. The ones who have attacked and destroyed Serbia, the ones who are supporting muslim Albanians and have created a new terror-Islamic state called Kosovo. The ones who only think of oil and support terror-nations in the Middle-East and Turkey, the ones who have helped Turkey to commit genocide on us Armenians in the past and in the PRESENT.

Stupid, on one topic you say we must rely on our selves, on the other you say ''our future lies with Europe''. No, our future lies with Armenia, with an own Armenian system and not a corrupt anti-Christ European fake democratic system.

Your statements are getting weirder each day. Are you on drugs?

Again, I do not believe you are Armenian.
        First of all, Europe as a whole did not help Turkey commit genocide that is idiotic. Germany mainly was an ally of Turkey and gave weapons to them during that time. Let me remind we have some good historical friends in Europe like France. Europe does not like Turkey very much either.

EU is successful in many fields like education, health care, and low corruption. Maybe Armenia should look toward that kind of system and try to improve the Armenian society rather than continue with oligarchs which rule the country and pretty much own the economy.

Finally, stop with the personal attacks. I will have the dignity of not attacking you. And who are you to question if I'm Armenian or not? I don't think I would care this much about Armenia if I was not Armenian. If you have disagreements with what I have to say than fine say them, doesn't mean you have to make me your enemy.
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
          First of all, Europe as a whole did not help Turkey commit genocide that is idiotic. Germany mainly was an ally of Turkey and gave weapons to them during that time. Let me remind we have some good historical friends in Europe like France. Europe does not like Turkey very much either.
          Both England and France were partially responsible for our demise.

EU is successful in many fields like education, health care, and low corruption. Maybe Armenia should look toward that kind of system and try to improve the Armenian society rather than continue with oligarchs which rule the country and pretty much own the economy.
          Europe's economy will crash right after America's does... no matter how many loans these countries get from the IMF, they won't learn unless they get rid of the corrupt DEBT based economy.

Here is an article on Greece's debt problem http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2010/0...e-debt-eu.html
          Last edited by KanadaHye; 03-03-2010, 11:10 AM.
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Finally, stop with the personal attacks. I will have the dignity of not attacking you. And who are you to question if I'm Armenian or not? I don't think I would care this much about Armenia if I was not Armenian. If you have disagreements with what I have to say than fine say them, doesn't mean you have to make me your enemy.
            It is not idiotic, Germany and the British, two of the largest countries in the world have helped the Turks. Stop with France, a nation who has betrayed us at Cilicia! Have you forgotten that? You were the one saying Armenians should only trust Armenians and now you are talking about the anti-Christ corrupt fake-democratic union called Europe?

Again, we need our own system and we the last thing we must do it to rely on Europe, a union who supports corrupt genocidal islamic regimes and has destroyed a nation like, Serbia! I prefer to have friendly relations with Russia, an ally close-by.

You are just ignorant and do not sound like an Armenian if you want to compare the current state of Armenia with that of European countries. You sound like Levon-Ter-Petrosyan, there are a lot of explanations why Armenia is in the situation which is in right now, but our solution is not to be like the anti-Christ gay-loving fake democratic lying-NGO biased-reporting Europeans.

It is not personal, I really doubt you are Armenian. You just talk nonesense, like Azerbaboons.
            Last edited by Tigranakert; 03-03-2010, 01:30 PM.

Comment

What are you talking about Europe not being corrupt. Europe is as corrupt even more corrupt than Armenia. When you learn a little about how the economy of the EU works and than look at the politicians you'll understand how corrupt those bastards really are.
              The difference is that in Armenia people are aware of the corruption while in Europe people aren't for the most part.

And Armenia must stay independent, and become stronger as an independent state. We fought against empires that wanted to conquer us, and now you want to give away our independence that was gained by the blood of our brothers and sisters?

I believe Armenia should have a great economical partnership with the EU and that's it. It should never try and join it, because it will lose much more than it will gain in the long run. We should work to the same relation that Turkey right now has with the Eu but without the part of us trying to get in the EU.

Comment

Armenia will stay independent and it should continue its military ties with Russia. EU should be a reliable partner for economy, cultural, and at times political exchange. I'm not advocating for Armenia to become part of EU, but just to as it's doing strengthen ties with EU and get the most out of that relationship. Let me remind you EU has been increasing financial support to various parts of the Armenian state. Their friendship with us is well needed.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---

Comment

I have said before this is great move. As dysfunctional the EU is...........it is still where you wanna be.
                  Armenia is doing the right thing here.

You have a military alliance with Russia and now a good chance (a slight shift from Russian economic dominance) of an political and economic alliance with EU as a future associate member. This can only straighten Armenia in the long run.
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

I agree with Tigranakert and Karo. Europe is spirtually broken, from the common folk to the elites. EU is looking to be not such a great idea to more and more people. Armenia should only be close economic partners with the EU, otherwise rely on ourselves and maintain very close ties with Russia, and lesser extent Iran.
                    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Working...
                    X