Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Bashar al-Assad, Syria and the Armenian people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bashar al-Assad, Syria and the Armenian people

Originally posted by Sevag View Post
    A very old Armenian church in Der Zor destroyed. Surprised no one has posted about this here yet. Here is the video.

It had been posted, posted by me.

But the version you've linked to is better because it has the original soundtrack.
    Last edited by bell-the-cat; 01-29-2013, 01:38 PM.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      I keep saying armenians of Syria need to get involved in this war with the help of the diaspora. If you do not protect what is yours then don't cry about it when it is gone. This being nuetral crap is bs.
      But where have you being saying it? You can say as much as you like amongst Armenian forums - but it amounts to nothing unless you say it to an external audience. I posted something near the start of this thread, at post 29, http://forum.hyeclub.com/showthread....l=1#post328135 and those words were conected to another thread, in which I asked why Armenians in North America were not using their position there to counter that unholy alliance of Islamist/neocon propaganda being propagated in America and spread by America.
      But there has been complete silence from Armenians in North America about Syria. And silence also from Armenians in France (are they too busy arse-licking the French establishment to get their pointless genocide denial law enacted, rather than protesting to save live Armenians in living communities?). Now it is all too late. The Armenian poulation of Aleppo is mostly gone, the Armenian population of Homs is gone. Who knows what is happening to the large Christian populations in Hassake, or in Kessab.
      Last edited by bell-the-cat; 01-29-2013, 01:55 PM.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

This is the same fraudulent format as before , mmmm , I wonder if I try to post what will happen ?
        Let's see

Comment

This time ( right now ) the format is completely different from post above . Much larger . The other format occupies half the screen . What a fruit loop setup.
          Still last post was printed without the jerk act --- so
          In response to Bells last post on this thread ---
          Bell , how much clout do you think the Armenian community has in America ?
          My guess is over 95% of US doesn't even know what an Armenian is and that's probably a generous estimate .
          You cou,d spend all day asking people where Armenia is , and my guess is most don't know it's a country and certainly don't know where it's geographical location is .
          Our lobby is relatively young and in my opinion has done a near miraculous accomplishment , but are not in bed with the slime that the xxxish lobby is , and therefore do not sit at the foreign " adventures " table like the Israelis do .
          Bell , we are just now starting to " coalesce " after a GENOCIDE and russian ??? Friendliness ??? and world conniving .
          I think it's amazing that we still know we are Armenians , and you think we have what kind of influence in Washington DC ?
          Artashes

Comment

You cou,d spend all day asking people where Armenia is , and my guess is most don't know it's a country and certainly don't know where it's geographical location is .
            Our lobby is relatively young and in my opinion has done a near miraculous accomplishment , but are not in bed with the slime that the xxxish lobby is , and therefore do not sit at the foreign " adventures " table like the Israelis do .
            The Armenian Lobby has done well for it's size, both in people and money. However we should never make idiots of ourselves and think that we are remotely even close to the J ew lobby! In addition you should also consider Hollywood and the general press are in J ew hands. Americans think that their best friend in the world is Israel. To think that we have remotely the same capacity is a joke.

As far as Bell, there is always a hidden agenda behind the fake help. For example we should give up Genocide denial law passed, the same rule enjoyed by the J ew. Hmmm, are we really helping Syrian Armenians by doing this or is this yet another jab? This is like holding out one hand so the person thinks you are going to shake their hand, and quickly pulling it away and slapping them with your other hand.

Armenia that has done all it can. And if Armenia fails to do enough what do we do? Start complaining about Armenia.
            Last edited by Vahram; 01-29-2013, 05:43 PM.

Comment

FSA have sacked St Anna church in Yacoubiyah after attacking the village. Majority of Yacoubiyah residents are Armenian and St Anna is an Armenian church.

In another video from Yacoubiyah they sit down with a priest in the village and have a discussion. Great PR!

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

I am the one who has been saying the armenian lobby is mostly smoke n mirrors and they prove me right every time. Its main purpose is to take the money of the diaspora and to use it in the most unproductive manner possible. Maybe if the Syrian armenians actually stood up for themselves then the diaspora would get involved to. Like who else am i suposed to address? I am talking to the armenians so i do it in a armenian forum. I talk about it to some diasporans here but they couldnt care less. My biggest disapointment has been the fact that most dont care and that there is no organization doing anything really productive for the armenian people. For all the hairy chest pounding i see middle eastern armenian (mainly dashnaks) do when it comes to action there is nothing. Like ok you may get in trouble if you are USA based and helping the syrian regime well hell do it outside the USA then its not like there are no armenians outside USA. Do something-anything. No wonder the turks think they can bully us because they know we will just curl up and die. I applied to that site that some of you posted to get ready in case hostilities resume in Artsagh and i havent heard from them in almost two months. Yeh so we sent the syrian armenians some money and helped them buy some plain tickets.. woopi do. If Assad falls its over for Syrias armenians so why not fight?
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I'm sick and tired of these people! Either we should fight or move out! The only reason why so many of us are in the Middle East to begin with is because of the toorks. Yes we should have some presence as we have had it for a long time, but the bulk of this is from the Genocides of the toorks starting in the 1800's, and finishing in 1915!

These animals are supported by toorks, they forgot their occupation under the toorks, and are now ransacking Armenians. In addition to Sooria we are loosing everything we have in the Middle East, even in Yerooskham! We should pull out, sell what we can so as to save as much of our wealth and people as possible. Before we loose even more to these savages, and wind up poor refugees again.

Comment

I am the one who has been saying the armenian lobby is mostly smoke n mirrors and they prove me right every time. Its main purpose is to take the money of the diaspora and to use it in the most unproductive manner possible
                    They have done great for the 2 dollars we have given them! They have a very small but good staff, let us not knock them down let us measure our criticism so it is constructive. They are doing more then most of us are. Also remember the Armenian Lobby is on fumes, no budget, no money to bribe all the politico's on the J ew payroll. Yet they manage to put this in front of the dirty double dealing politico types with a 2 dollar budget. God bless them, for not only doing a good job but having one of very few moral lobbies on capital hill.

Maybe if the Syrian armenians actually stood up for themselves then the diaspora would get involved to
                    We had the same problem in Beirut if we touched one of them they will kill your cuz in Sooria, and at the time the rest of the ME Armenians did not have problems. We had to bite our tongues and understood that we were in a very bad spot. We also had to measure what the response was but at one point we had to arm just so we could stay alive! For every time an Armenian in Beirut showed them how we could fight, they would do something someplace else to another peaceful Armenian. This we knew very well, and this is the case now. Try to grab a gun and you will see every Armenian suffer every place in the ME! So lets Arm just to stay alive and get out of dodge, all of them, not just in Sooria. Let the Muslims, J ews, and Western powers enjoy the freak show, let us clear our people out!

Like who else am i suposed to address? I am talking to the armenians so i do it in a armenian forum. I talk about it to some diasporans here but they couldnt care less. My biggest disapointment has been the fact that most dont care and that there is no organization doing anything really productive for the armenian people

For each time we start with the Armenia bashing we should take account of the 2/3rd of the Armenian population that is not in Armenia that does nothing but complain about Armenia. Armenia has done more to help Sooriahays then the rest of us shameful people combined. What do we do in return? Complain about Armenia for not doing enough.

For all the hairy chest pounding i see middle eastern armenian (mainly dashnaks) do when it comes to action there is nothing. Like ok you may get in trouble if you are USA based and helping the syrian regime well hell do it outside the USA then its not like there are no armenians outside USA. Do something-anything. No wonder the turks think they can bully us because they know we will just curl up and die.
                    There is another thing you should note, I don't think any of us really care about Armenians in the ME any more. In the hayday sure but not any more, we have Armenia and NKR and that is what most of us care about. I know this is sad, but we should think about moving them to Hayastan instead of spending time trying to salvage what is left of Sooria. I think this is the other side of the coin we need to address, it's not that they don't care, but the attention is on Armenia not Sooria. The only thing these hairy Armo's will do is complain about Armenia!
                    Last edited by Vahram; 01-29-2013, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                      In response to Bells last post on this thread ---
                      Bell , how much clout do you think the Armenian community has in America ?
                      My guess is over 95% of US doesn't even know what an Armenian is and that's probably a generous estimate .
                      And how many of them know where Syria is? That hasn't stopped them being a tool in the hands of the islamists and neocons in their aims to destroy Syria.

Armenians in America and Canada had the unique advantage of coming from the region, of understanding the region, and being from an historically Christian nation (and a still Christian community as far as Syrian Armenians). That would have given them a voice far louder and far more credible than the Islamists and would have embarassed most of the neocons and the j e ws into silence. But you blew it. Just like you blew it with Iraq. The end result will probably be the extinction of Syrian Armenian community, in the same manner as the Iraqi Armenian community was destroyed.

Hundreds of thousands marched in London against the Iraq war - it was not successful but at least they tried. And none of their relatives or their communities were at risk of extermination if the war went ahead. Yet, with far more to loose, Armenians seem to be standing by in complete silence as their historical communities are destroyed, communities that are all that was left of pre-1915 Armenia. "Gone by 2015" - should that be the slogan for the 100th anniversary?
                      Last edited by bell-the-cat; 01-29-2013, 07:16 PM.
                      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                      X