Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Bashar al-Assad, Syria and the Armenian people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bashar al-Assad, Syria and the Armenian people

Turkey is as involved in Syria as Russia in Ukraine. This latest attack would not happen without turkish approval and logistic support. I would not be chasing zombies if I'd say that there are Turkish booths in Syria at this moment. In what form we will find out soon. Incidentally, has anyone wondered about sudden increase of successful Azeri sniper attacks In our fronts and secretiveness and absence promises of harsh answers from our military (it could be that the conflict is entering a new phase)? There is more here than meets the eye. I see Turkey's hand. There was going to be answer from NATO for khrimea. I think one possibility is the loosening of Turkish dog's leash. Or turkey being an opportunist it is, is trying to probe the possibilities. The sailing of two Russian navy vessels in last week towards Syria had a reason too
    Last edited by Hakob; 03-27-2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
      There was going to be answer from NATO for khrimea. I think one possibility is the loosening of Turkish dog's leash. Or turkey being an opportunist it is, is trying to probe the possibilities.
      Russia's annexation of Crimea has defacto eliminated Ukraine's eligibility to enter NATO. (territorial disputes). If NATO wants revenge for losing Ukraine they could help either Georgia or Azerbaijan eliminate their territorial disputes and have them join. NATO supporting Georgians directly with intel and logistics against the Russia is way too risky in terms of a starting a large regional war(WW3) and fairly unlikely of succeeding. Assisting Azerbaijan with intel and logistics against Artsakh could be viewed as much less confrontational and more likely to succeed. Maybe the increased in sniping is a signal to Russia and CSTO.
      After this episode in Crimea Russia is on its toes in regards to a NATO response in it back yard. In my opinion Russia is much more likely to respond to a war in Artsakh now compared to before the chaos in Ukrainian.
      Last edited by gokorik; 03-27-2014, 11:34 AM.

Comment

One of the things we should have learned from the West is that laws and rules mean nothing. What is stopping NATO from changing its policy and accepting these same countries despite their territorial disputes? I sure hope Russia sees the situation as you described it and will take our side in a definite way.

Originally posted by gokorik View Post
        Russia's annexation of Crimea has defacto eliminated Ukraine's eligibility to enter NATO. (territorial disputes). If NATO wants revenge for losing Ukraine they could help either Georgia or Azerbaijan eliminate their territorial disputes and have them join. NATO supporting Georgians directly with intel and logistics against the Russia is way too risky in terms of a starting a large regional war(WW3) and fairly unlikely of succeeding. Assisting Azerbaijan with intel and logistics against Artsakh could be viewed as much less confrontational and more likely to succeed. Maybe the increased in sniping is a signal to Russia and CSTO.
        After this episode in Crimea Russia is on its toes in regards to a NATO response in it back yard. In my opinion Russia is much more likely to respond to a war in Artsakh now compared to before the chaos in Ukrainian.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Sounds correct. And who will try to sneak in in hopes of any gain. The snake (turkey) of course. Something tells me those snipers are NATO trained. Turkish ?

Comment

Look whos talking are you seriously trying to deny the fact that 2 way traffic has existed since monday
            You talk of youtube, yet fail to provide a single link.

An Armenian says it, so it must be true - so no need for the time consuming and difficult task of providing evidence and presenting it properly. And then you wonder why nobody bothers about things Armenians have to say! Why not try to confront serious subjects seriously? Do that and others will take note.
            Last edited by bell-the-cat; 03-27-2014, 12:23 PM.
            Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

The answer, if xxxx hits the fan is taking over Nakhichevan. Turkey will not confront Russia outside of NATO. But then all heel will break loose. Not good for us, we my loose big time. But if Turkish calculation will prove wrong(the have had misses due to power hunger in history) then if we are smart, Nakhicgevan will be our price.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post

An Armenian says it, so it must be true - so no need for the time consuming and difficult task of providing evidence. And then you wonder why nobody bothers about anything Armenians have to say! Don't you ever think of trying to confront serious subjects seriously?
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

In all this game with Ukraine, NATO and Russia will come to terms at the end. Once Russia forces west to accept new boundaries and authority of CU block and west grabs as big of a chunk as possible from former soviet block. But turkey on the other hand is getting involved more and more with inter ethnic and religious extremism in Middle East that would be hard to disengage when west decides that usefulness of al caida has been exhausted. Any physical involvement in Syria puts Iran in conflict big time. West would be stupid to let it sleep so far as to send Iran into arms of CU.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    One of the things we should have learned from the West is that laws and rules mean nothing. What is stopping NATO from changing its policy and accepting these same countries despite their territorial disputes?
                    I don't know.. I think it's a big deal to most of the smaller NATO members but if there was an attempt to change that rule by some of the founding members, it would be up to a vote. I think all the other countries that would be voting would agree that that changing this rule would go against their nation's interests. The likeliness of NATO going to war with Russia ((CSTO)(us)) would definitely rise to 100% over a long enough timeline since this action would be directly aimed at Russia(CSTO) and Russia wouldn't just sit back and watch. That means all those little countries in NATO would have to mobilize their militaries and go to war for who? Some country hundreds of km away and for the aspirations of the western superpowers. They wont vote yes and if its shoved down their throats they'll withdraw from NATO.
                    Last edited by gokorik; 03-27-2014, 12:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post

An Armenian says it, so it must be true - so no need for the time consuming and difficult task of providing evidence. And then you wonder why nobody bothers about anything Armenians have to say! Don't you ever think of trying to confront serious subjects seriously?
                      Evidence to you? I could care less if you believe me or not, and Im not wasting a second of my life proving anything to u I could care less fool.

Comment

Working...
                      X